• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Training Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Was biting it even a good idea? Could it latch onto--

He leapt forward before he could think about it too hard, jaws locking around the wriggling thing.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
No matter what they could've said, the eterna parasite would make some vicious answer. It was Owen who rose above that. His inner strength.

"We've got yer back," she said, just before he released the seal. "Get through this and I'll owe you a drink, partner."

Owen released the barriers, and she looked upon the entity within, unfiltered. There was a crimson, moving, hostile thing in his mind. There was a living abomination, a parasite, a threat. There was a target.

And yet some part of ya wonders, even now, if that monstrous life has fears and wants of its own.

As Bahamut's blades and Dave's teeth sunk into the creature, Brisa's piercing eyes fixed upon its internal structure, and found a weak point. Her limbs wreathed themselves in umbral, electric power, and her shining tethers lashed out, striking at the critical spot.

Don't hurt my friend.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Dave got a taste of staticky, bitter bile in his mouth from whatever that thing was. And for a second, Dave would get a flash of a vision of something--cold, lifeless eyes staring at him, something like a glare, yet not. It was hard to place who it was... but it was familiar. Someone staring at him--and distinctly not Soda, either. While he may have been the one to plant that in Owen... the source of that power was not his. It was someone else.

Bahamut's strike had left it vulnerable, followed quickly by Brisa's strike. When Brisa's words reached it, the creature reached back.

I w҉i̕l̸l҉ show y̕ou͠ y̧o͠ųr ͏ȩt͜e̢r͝nál ̷t̕r͟uth̴

Something reached toward Brisa. An invisible hand grasped her throat and dug into it--its touch was corrosive, turning her fur to dust and cutting through her flesh like butter. Ethereal wisps of energy poured from her wounds--but just as quickly as it started, just as Brisa saw the silhouette of someone, something large and bipedal and coldly familiar--it stopped.

And Brisa was on the ground, the others crowding over in an effort to back each other up... and in the front was Owen. His hand was coated in a golden aura, insulating himself from the creature as it was sealed once again. Wounded. Spiteful. Hissing.

"Is everyone okay?" Owen called back. Orbs of stored power floated behind him, one after the other, like he was preparing something as he grappled with the parasite.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Go on, hurt me, kill me, fuckin' end me, I'll come back and find you, I'll fuckin' destroy you—

And then it ended, leaving her full of nausea, hatred, and fury. That wouldn't do. She focused the feelings away using Owen's very own mindfulness advice, as she heard his voice asking after her.

"Yeah," gasped Brisa. "I saw s-somethin'..."

She forced herself to her feet, trying to fix in her mind the appearance of that silhouette and the words she'd felt...

"I'm alright," she growled. "I'll do as y'say, Owen. What's the plan?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut raised his arm and sent soft Morning Sun light over Brisa and Dave. “If you need someone to maintain direct contact with this thing, my mind is messed up enough that it can’t faze me.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Just one step left," Owen said, eyes entirely focused on the parasite. He raised his hand, slowly, as it struggled against him. Then, he tossed the ball a split-second before it broke free, sending a blast toward Owen. He took it in the chest, not bothering to dodge, and then pointed at it directly. It disappeared and reappeared a few meters away.

"Tsk." Owen recognized that move as Teleport, but he could still hit it. He pressed his claws together, forming a golden spark.

Suddenly, the golden aura of his Protects appeared around it again and the Teleporting creature tried to blast its way out again--but this barrier was stronger. Owen made another motion and the many, many Stored attacks he'd gathered disappeared. They reappeared on the surface of the Protect barriers, bleeding into and through them until they were inside.

The parasite stopped, looking at its new circumstances. It disappeared and reappeared, but the Protect and all of the Stored attacks inside followed it perfectly. It seemed almost frantic, angry, spiteful, like an angry bubblegum jar.

"Get out," Owen muttered.

He released his claws. There was a flash at the tip.

And all of the Stored Overheats exploded at once in a concentrated, contained blast. By the time the Protect barriers gave way, there was nothing left to see inside.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut watched the display, tilting slightly clockwise.

"... you know, if you ever want to retire to a quieter life, I'm sure you could have a booming career in pyrotechnics."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Ah, yes. I heard about the tree... thing." Bahamut scratched his head. "I guess I can always offer some tips on photosynthesis."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
“That thing,” Dave said, still trying to spit the foul taste out of his mouth. “When I bit it I felt this… It’s the Blacklight Mewtwo, I’m fucking sure of it.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Humming, Bahamut crossed his arms. "So, the shade actually had a point." There was disbelief in his voice. "That thing is pursuing power. Owen must've factored into it. And perhaps that means Soda does, too."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa clenched a paw. Forced her lungs to move.

"It spoke t'me."

She looked up at her allies. Her stomach felt like she was falling. "It said..."

I w҉i̕l̸l҉ show y̕ou͠ y̧o͠ųr ͏ȩt͜e̢r͝nál ̷t̕r͟uth̴

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Huh," Owen said. "That's actually kinda cool. It's too bad that it's our enemy."

A beat of silence.

"Uh, sorry. Bahamut asked for 'the real Owen' so my filter's not as strong."

It helps me cope with it.
But at least it's gone now.
I feel a lot better.

"I don't think you guys need to be in here anymore," Owen added, looking skyward. The storm clouds were clearing. "...Thanks for... all that. It's weird, but it feels like... sort of when you've been sick for a long time, and you forgot what it meant to feel better."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Right." Bahamut turned away. "Well, I'll leave you to... rediscover yourself? Yeah, something like that."

His hands sparked with distorted energy and he was gone in a flash.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave lingered for a moment. “You sure it’s gone? There’s nothing else there? Did you recover your memory of the time that was blocked?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded at Dave. "I'll explain when I wake up." And then, to Brisa, Owen grinned. "Yeah. It's too bad you're into girls."

Please go before I say more things.
I blame Bahamut.

Diyem seemed to get the signal and pulled them out...

The team woke up feeling a little stiff, aside from Bahamut, to see that Diyem, Raven, and Cal were all tackling Owen, who had gone limp very recently. It had taken all three of them to keep the hulking Pokemon from flying away, and even then, Diyem in particular looked quite battered.

"Oh, wonderful, you're back," Diyem said. "Whatever you did... worked. But Owen was attacking us for some time."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven was helping hold Owen up, and turned to the others. They had been successful, and the Charizard was safe, thanks to them.

She smiled at them all briefly, but then got a more serious expression. "Thank you for helping him. Though... I would like to know what you encountered."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Gods, what was it with her Cibusean life and always having her fucking ears burning. All the time. All the fucking time.

"Uh, his memories abstracted as a town, red storms, blacklit eterna parasite he was keepin' contained..."

Everything was so fucking weird all the time.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen groaned, barely conscious, and Wishkeeper drifted toward Owen cautiously. They seemed to be talking telepathically.

Wishkeeper nodded a few times, then started to explain to the others what happened, from Owen's perspective. Owen had stayed put after Bahamut left, and the parasite had been trying to fill Owen's head with various thoughts, all of them negative or full of despair. But despite that, Owen knew that they would come back to help him, and knew Bahamut would be fast about it, too.

Then he explained what actually happened when they had arrived, and then their ultimate defeat of what had happened.

"And I remember what happened, too," Owen said. "That last memory. When I was beaten by those giant Pokemon when I had first arrived... I saw a dark figure. I think it was a Zoroark, but... he didn't seem familiar with his own powers. Like, he made mistakes while trying to do something to me... And then I eventually blacked out. I swear I also felt the presence of something else, too. A strong Psychic aura..." He sighed. "It... had to have been Soda and that Blacklight Mewtwo. I'm sure of it. But I don't think... Soda totally knew what he was doing."

"Then that confirms it," Diyem said as the team helped Owen sit up. "...Blacklight Mewtwo intended to turn you... into a sleeper cell, just like S'more. But he was waiting for the right moment. Perhaps... you were unintentionally funneling information to him all this time with your Perceive." Diyem snarled. "And all without me realizing it..."

Owen looked down. "I'm... sorry. I had no idea..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom