• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Training Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa frowned, and padded closer.

"Y'couldn't've known, partner. And despite that concern, we managed to help you out afore that thing took over yer mind. That's a win."

They needed some of those...

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"...Hm..."

She had some thoughts regarding that. But she could ask more questions later. For now, she agreed with Brisa. This was a win, and they could relax knowing they were one step closer to getting ahead of the one they were fighting...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...I suspect that had we not discovered this, Blacklight Mewtwo would have triggered it like he did with S'more and the others. That's certainly what happened, now... After what Owen described. But if he's the mastermind, why was he so weak when we fought him...?"

"I... I would have been activated," Owen repeated slowly. "I think I was partially activated just now, if I really did attack you guys. I--I'm sorry about that..."

Diyem held up his hand. "No. This was ideal. I have a feeling that you would have been unleashed upon us during our battle with Maple, or sometime else, otherwise."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Coulda been far, far worse," agreed Brisa. "As fer why he was so weak at the time... Could be any number of reasons. Presumably he's been capable of greater strength before, after all. What's interestin' t'me is that the varmint really does have sapience after all..."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
“Maybe he was holding back because Giovanni was controlling him,” Dave said. “If somebody thinks he’s controlling you, might not want to show how much power you have, right?”

Soda, not knowing what he was doing. That… sounded interesting. He’d have to ask Green about that later.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Regardless, we now have tangible proof that these blocks can be removed.” Bahamut slowly regained his light. “Which means we can do the same thing to these Soda clones.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
“As in… dive into their heads too? Is that the same kind of block?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen blinked. "You're... right," he said. "But... I'm not sure it'll be as easy. Or possible at all..."

"Hmm. Because you still had a handle of yourself. You had mental fortitude that Soda might not--he's already been manipulated by you."

"I might have had a weaker manipulation. That way, it wouldn't have been spotted... And I was fighting alongside you guys. And my mind wasn't... shattered like Soda's." Owen shuddered. "I think Soda only did partial manipulation on me. But Soda himself..."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“There is another possibility.” Bahamut crossed his wings. “Someone with an iron will can force the person in question to their mindscape and work within those rules. I have regrettably had to do such things in the past.”

He shook his head. “But it is not something we need to make a final decision on.”

Bahamut floated up to Brisa. “I know you don’t trust me, but if you are willing, I would like to assist with the... stress you’re under. You can bring Starr and Astrid if you want. Just an old monk practice.”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"...We might be able to help the substitutes, but... I am skeptical that we will be able to do the same for Soda himself. He may already be lost..."

It seemed to be the way things were looking more and more. That the Mew-Two who had been working with Giovanni had done something awful, and now Soda's mind was beyond repair.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave squinted at Bahamut. "What do you mean by that? Forcing him to his mindscape - what, can you communicate with him from there, help him find what's wrong?"

Still. If there was a chance to fix Soda's mind, without breaking him altogether? Green at least would probably be down to try, right? Assuming there was no chance of a purely mental process destroying him as a Substitute? And if they managed to get him back to normal - would that remove the blocks from Soda Prime, too, if Green went back to him?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Right..." Owen looked around. "I don't think we have the time or energy to do that right now, though. We have to fight Maple soon. I heard from Pop that the Tree isn't going to be able to take much more abuse, so we'll have to go soon."

"Yeah, it's starting to dim," Cal explained. "We might only have a few days..."

"Mm." Diyem nodded. "We've spent enough time gathering our strength. It's time to ready an assault... perhaps tomorrow, or the day after, depending on the Tree's state. Owen, will you be okay?"

"I'm more than okay," Owen replied, covered in bruises. "...Mentally."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“I can communicate with Soda mentally, yes.” Bahamut tucked his head. “There are a number of techniques I can try. Might need some help from Joule, but they should be possible.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"...Right. I'll talk to him, see what he says. Sounds worth a try, after we fight Maple."

God. Another fight. He didn't have much time left to visit Spirit's Edge, either. He'd better get going there. As soon as he'd visited Green and he'd hopefully convinced Yellow.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Which reminds me.” Bahamut looked Diyem in the eye. “We need to talk strategy soon. While we can pass shadows between one another, we’re lacking a steady source of radiance. This needs to be amended.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hm." Diyem nodded. "That's true. Perhaps there can be a source of that somehow..."

Owen sat up. "I could go with you, Bahamut. My Tree and I'll be flaring my wings a lot, too. That'd be a pretty steady supply, right? Then again, I might be needed to attack Maple..."

"I'm beat, to be honest," Cal mumbled. "Maybe we can cover that tomorrow... you know, with a clear head. Or after some, uh, meditating." She glanced at Bahamut.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Yes. Or you can accept this invitation for tomorrow.” He gestured to Brisa. “I think fire-types greatly enjoy hot stone therapy.”

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
“I know you don’t trust me, but if you are willing, I would like to assist with the... stress you’re under. You can bring Starr and Astrid if you want. Just an old monk practice.”

Brisa flicked an ear and raised a brow. "I appreciate yer consideration, Bahamut. I reckon I can take a guess what kinda stress yer thinkin' of, but I can't say as I have much idea what you intend t'do about it."

She thought it over as Bahamut discussed the upcoming mission with the others present. Brisa was preparing for that eventuality in the way that suited her best. The bookies at the Colo loved her by now, ha. But the other thing, the 'stress'...? She just hoped Bahamut didn't plan on forcing that issue before she was ready, if indeed he was thinking of what she suspected.

"Hmm? Hot stone therapy? Don't reckon I'm, ah, familiar with the concept?"

Therapy seemed to mean something different every time it came up. Brisa liked Fugu's therapy. Nothing like wailing on an opponent who could not only take it, but your bullshit, too.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"C'mon, Dad," Cal said gently, trying to urge him to the elevator. "How about we spend the night at the infirmary?"

"...I don't fit in the normal room anymore..."

"Well, you can take Bahamut's, remember?"

"...I liked that old room..."

Cal sighed. "You're hopeless. Let's just get you to your Pokeball."

The two shuffled out, and Diyem rolled his eyes. Faintly, he was smiling, and followed them out.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“It has little to do with the mind,” Bahamut said. “It’s an old technique I learned for alleviating tension in muscles and joints.”

Ironic, of course, since Bahamut had neither.

“Relaxing the body can relax the mind.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom