• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Training Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa grunted with effort as the blow hit her harder than expected. Shadows clawed at her worse than any attack so far. But still...!

Brisa toughed it out with 1 HP to show her best side to Aria!

So that was what it felt like when she walloped folks with a Shadow Facade, huh? Well, two could play at that game.

"Suits me just fine," she growled, feeling Radiance billow up at her paws.

Brisa used Protect!
Brisa used Brilliant Paragon! Her HP was cut, her stats rose sharply, she protected herself, and she became charged!

"I gotta tell ya," she said, eyes blazing, "it's a hell of a time fightin' someone who can pull that same trick."

She sped forwards, her strength heightened to its limits even as her nerves and muscles screamed at her, golden light and plumes of shadow streaming from her mane. The plasma couldn't keep her going any longer than this! She'd spend her goddamn strength now.

Brisa used Umbral Overcharge!
Brisa overcharged Radiant Facade! It's Ultra Effective! Critical Hit!
The Shadows rose!
Brisa became Blacklight-type!

"I fuckin' live fer battles like this," she growled. "An' win or lose, I'm more'n glad to've fought ya."

Brisa: 60

Last edited:

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
"I fuckin' live fer battles like this," she growled. "An' win or lose, I'm more'n glad to've fought ya."

There was no need to respond with words.

With a quiet exhale, Aria closed her eyes. She'd always found the Blacklight to be an odd power, bringing out the worst in people, yet also letting it become their strength. And that was what she chose to let happen, letting her thoughts roam the darkest recesses of her mind.

Energy flowed through her legs, orders of magnitude more concentrated than what she'd restrained herself to prior. Breaking a bone or two would be worth it. Then, monochrome flames engulfed her arm, roaring high with the desire to give it her all.

Aria anti-focused!
Aria used Extremespeed!
Aria used Extremespeed!
Aria used Extremespe—
Aria used Blacklight Z-Burst!

The air rippled twice. First, when she took off in a reckless charge faster than the eye could see. Second, when their fists crunched together, two equals determined to hold nothing back.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Aria's eyes told Brisa enough, before she shut them. The residual connection she'd made with her Radiance still held, just enough to know that there'd be no punches pulled from Aria, sparring match or not.

Good.

The Extremespeed salvo obliterated Brisa's barriers, Aria moving faster than ever before, and Brisa's body responded to match that exertion. She'd give her all and then some, just like she always did. She met Aria's Z-Burst with her own, Blacklight flaring wildly from her body, which changed as she charged from a bounding luxray to a zeraora with battle on her lips and fist pulled back.

Aria's and Brisa's attacks were equal to each other! It's a reciprocal KO!

The legendary form evaporated as she collapsed. With no referee to hand, there was no telling which of them hit the floor first.

She didn't give a damn.

[[Cont. in Spinda's Café]]

<><><><><>​

Last edited:
R17 ~ Danithan & Kate

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan flexed his paws as he looked around the room. The Zeraora marveled at how … well spacious the place was. It seemed to have everything. He felt electricity dance across his claws, before tilting his head at something in the distance.

Danithan squinted. “Is that a … Weavile?”

He waved his paw over his head. “Oi! You practicing as well?”

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate cocked her head from the attention of a practice dummy a few fields over and looked back at the stranger. He looked like Luz, but mostly yellow instead of black, so she was guessing he was also a Zeraora?

The Weavile racked her mind to try and think of the last time they'd met, since she'd think a 'mon like him would've stood out more to her, only to realize that she couldn't remember seeing this 'mon prior to the last month or so. Did that mean he was from the Miracle Matters?

She'd kinda been kicking herself for not getting to know them better, especially since it sounded like their time on Cibus was nearing a close. But eh, what the hell, better late than never, right?

"A bit, yeah. Wouldn't do me any good to fall out of practice just from hopping worlds," Kate replied. "I'm... not sure we've ever really talked before, you from that gang of 'mons from that other Cibus or whatever it's called?"

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan snickered. “Yeah, practice shakes off any rust you might get.” He then nodded, his tail flicking. “Miracle Matters … I think our Owen came up with it.” He waved his paw in the air, as if he was fanning away the thought. “Bah, stupid as it sounds, it’s full of hope and that’s all that matters.” He blinked, before looking over the Weavile. “Say, want to train together while we’re here? Name’s Danithan.”

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
"Charmed. The name's Kate. Kate the Quickpaw if you need a little extra to remember me by."

The Weavile folded her arms and gave a curious tilt of her head.

"So... isn't your sort of Pokémon supposed to be some sort of Legendary?" she asked. "Just what exactly do you do for training anyways?"

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan’s ears twitched as his head tilted as well. “Quickpaw, never heard a name like that before, you fast on your feet or somethin?” He quickly grimaced as the rest of Kate’s statement registered, his ears falling flat. “Legendary doesn’t really describe me, I’m just a footsoldier and a guilder. Legendaries are myths and beings beyond comprehension ...”

He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head.

“That doesn't really compare to getting a rush on a spark and clawing someone.” The Zeraora looked over his paws, eyeing his claws and then looking at one of the training dummies. “I usually favor using items … but it’s been a while since I tried slashing something. Being trapped as an Emolga before all this … they don’t really have claws, ya know?”

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate tilted her head back at Danithan's reply. She was a little wary about his remark of him being a 'footsoldier', but even with her misgivings towards militaries, one of her best friends hailed from one in his homeworld. It was probably for the best to cut the 'mon the benefit of the doubt.

The Weavile opened her mouth to explain that 'Quickpaw' was her byname. That she'd earned it thanks to feats she'd grown known for, in her case, an ability to snag things in a flash and slip off only for her words to die in her mouth with a puzzled blink as Danithan continued on about having been trapped as an Emolga.

"Wait, so you mean this is who you really are, but you somehow got stuck in the body of a completely different Pokémon?"

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate blinked at the idea of a Legendary being able to become another Pokémon. Were they not gods in Danithan's world? She had no idea how on earth something like that would happen, and yet something about the scenario sounded strangely familiar.

"Yeesh, that sounds harsh. I take it that you don't like talking about it much?" she asked. "Though you got better from it right? Did it have something to do with the training you're doing right now?"

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan grimaced. “Not a fan of remembering it.” He followed up with a half hearted smile. “Zeheheeee-hugh … I’m still stuck as an Emolga back home.” His ears perked up a second later. “But, there is something back home that’s come to my attention, that I think could rectify that, even if it isn’t exactly mine.” He snickered. “It’s definitely gonna be a bit harder, but it isn’t the first time I’ve had to nab something.”

Danithan scratched the top of his head. “As for training, I just want to use my claws instead of relying on items, I’m feeling rusty and I want to see if I still can pull off what I used to be able to do. ”

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate blinked at the moment at Danithan's mention that it wasn't the first time he had to nab something. Wasn't he a Legendary? Why from the way he was talking, it almost sounded like he was an Outlaw like her!

Still, it wasn't safe to assume things. While she'd grown comfortable enough to be relatively open about her background to the rest of Team Spectrum, these Miracle Matters were a different team. Maybe if she just put out a feeler first...

"... Not the first time you've had to nab something?" she asked. "Can't say I know too many 'mons outside of... 'professional foraging' who'd put it in those terms. What's your story there?"

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan gave Kate a snarky smile. “Zeheheheha! Haven’t heard it said like that. I personally prefer it as … ‘unexpected regifting.’ It’s like a present they didn’t intend to give ya.” He snickered. “Thieving, I’ve had soft paws for coins and gems as long as I’ve been a cat and a stealing rat.” He shrugged. “I used to only really go after mons who are better off than me, easy to get enough for a half decent meal or a room for a night.”

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Kate curled her muzzle up into a knowing smile.

"Sounds like you're not half bad at it," she remarked. "Though what can I say? It's a skill, even if it's not always well-appreciated."

The Weavile shook her head and gave a curious tilt back at Danithan.

"Though I admittedly am not sure if I've ever heard of a Legendary being a thief," the Weavile said. "Not that I'm complaining, but it just is... surprising to me. What's the story behind that?"

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan shrugged. “Back home, when I was a Zeraora, I wasn’t considered a legendary. I didn’t even believe that gods like Arcues could be real either. Nobody bloody told me I was supposed to be some savior. I didn’t do much aside from following orders from my superior. I didn’t find out that being a Zeraora was something special till much later as an Emolga.”

He then grimaced, as his tail lashed in the air. “Thieving … became a necessity. As a cat and a rat … it was so I could not starve or have something of my own.” He shivered. “That tasteless manufactured slop … that will never and can never be considered food, not even fit for soldiers even ...”

He shook his head. "You are right about it being a good skill." He snickered afterwards. "handy even."

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
"Eh, don't beat yourself up too much about it," the Weavile insisted. "After all, whatever you were up to in your world, you still caught Diyem's eye enough to make the cut as a hero."

The Weavile curled her mouth up into an impish smile.

"Besides, I can already tell that you had quite the record," she remarked. "Feel like cluing in another 'mon with sticky paws in about some of it?"

Readerlove

Junior Trainer
Pronouns
He/Him
Danithan laughed. “Well, there was this one time-”

As Danithan began to recount one of his tales, he felt nostalgic. It had been ages since he’d been able to recount a story with someone. It felt nice. Kate would pipe in to add her thoughts or compare it to one of her misadventures. When he finished up, Kate picked up where he left off, starting her own story. The Zeraora snickered whenever she got to the funny parts of her tales.

He came here to do a bit of training, but getting sidetracked usually worked out in the end anyways.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom