• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
worth stating that i don’t think namo is 100% guilty, it’s pretty far to say that i think. but “kind of suspicious“ is as bad as i feel about anyone.
also, tanuki, you seem to think namo is VERY suspicious for some reason—the concept of someone you find that scummy being “better alive than dead” is very confusing to me, even taking your plan into account. don’t like that line of thinking tbh. if you believe he’s probably mafia/likely to be exploited by mafia (which is further than i’d go), you should definitely be voting for him imo.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"What are you doing!?" he hissed, agreeing with what the duck had said there, too. "We can't just go telling Them what tricks we're going to use tonight! It won't work at all if They're expecting it!"

[["Zactly!" Desper (somehow) snapped'n pointed at th'proximation of a Grovyle. "Nuttin' dumber'n tellin' the sheriff where the heist'll be, s'why do it?" He nodded's if he was makin' sense. "So they don't even know if we're gonna be switched, protected, nothin'. Why shoot a boar when y'got a cow?"

His arms crossed o'er each other, bottle balancin' on top. "'Course, you've always been s'eager to see Tubs gone. First to push, last to pull, makes me wonder." One paw brought the drink to his lips while the other tapped his chin in thought. "Why would som'n be so eager to get to hangin'? If any'n's seein' the inside oh the jailhouse, it'll be you, Tefi."]]

I'm still pushing my insane plan. Namo's worth more to us with it alive than dead. It may seem random, but Elyvorg's been pretty careful and innocent looking, but very forward about making Namo out to be guilty. Less suspicious than Namo, but he's on my radar, and he should be on yours, too.

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
Pbbbbbbt... heck. Fact of the matter is, nobody's reading as sufficiently suspicious to me right now, just as nobody's reading as definitely innocent. It really still just feels like a guessing game at this point.

But at the same time, I don't think we can go on just not jailing anybody forever. We have to take a stab eventually or else we're basically just letting the mafia have all the power.

[[Ntairow gave Diyem a long, silent look. Then she bowed her head.

"I thought well of you," she said. "I would still like to, but..." The more she'd thought about the plan to restrict her capacity to defend others based on their names, the less she'd liked it. When it all came down to it, it was just another person getting in her way, potentially sabotaging her capacity to protect.

She averted her gaze, though her tail kept watching the charizard in its own ways. "I will also vote to jail Diyem."]]

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
All that said... I have to admit, in the wake of the posts Tanuki ninja'd me with while I was composing this post are making me increasingly confused. I'm still failing to see how Diyem, if indeed mafia, is better off not jailed. Like... for real, how does the town benefit from that? Explain it to me like I'm five. Like we're all five.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[Tefiren stared at the Raichu with the most bewilderment he'd had all day, and that was saying something. "What!? You're not even making any sense! I've barely even talked to the fiery one, except to tell him where he's been wrong about things, and he's not the only one I've been doing that for! I never once talked about getting rid of him until just now, which was because the leek-duck was making enough sense about it and we need to get rid of someone today. I didn't even want to get rid of anyone yesterday, remember?

"...And don't call me that," he added in a lower mumble. He didn't like it. It made him think of...

...She didn't matter right now. She wasn't part of this game.]]

...okay, geez, I really think your roleclaim is very unlikely to be a lie so I still don't suspect you because of this, but, bzuhhh? I literally did not mention anything about my suspicions or lack thereof towards Namo once until my previous post. What the actual fuck. Are you getting me mixed up with qva or something?

For what it's worth, Tefiren being so very vehement about not revealing the plan is largely an in-character thing. I still think it isn't a great idea to do so, but I suppose you have a reasonable point that if the others don't explicitly agree to following it and it's just up in the air as a possibility, that's less of an issue and more likely to just be a deterrent.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Hi all, sorry for being so inactive. I had a lot of real-life things to attend to these past two days. I thiiiiink I'm all caught up on the thread, but with the 5 million threads of logic and the suspicion in the back of Yami Bakura's head that everyone is lying (it's in the nature of an ancient evil demon to assume the worst of all others), I'm not feeling very useful for contributing hahaha.

[[Yami Bakura looked down. A cup of tea was in his hands. While he had taken a break and allowed his host to do as he please, his host apparently grabbed himself a cup of tea. Bakura loved tea... He was so British.

Yami Bakura hated it.

But he had to keep up an appearance. Forcing himself to swallow a mouthful of the delightful drink--he hated anything delightful--he turned and looked at the dragon and gave his sweetest smile.

"I think, to play it safe, we should go along with jailing Diyem. Don't want to find another innocent person in the wrong place, do we?"]]

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[[ And now everyone is moving onto the jail thing. Great. No running from things now. Do or die. Maybe literally ]]

Sorry for lack of RP. I'm busy writing other stuff and don't really want to put complex thoughts through Gen's filter.

Starlight's been on today but hasn't bothered to respond after I called them out. That means that either they have no good response to give or are so inactive that they didn't read the thread closely enough to find out that suspicion had been cast upon them. @Starlight Aurate calling you in now.

I voiced my mild concerns with Namo earlier. I really get that the charizard character is abrasive, I do, but even out of character it hasn't been much better. I want to move after an inactive on some level. If the diyem bandwagon gets stronger or if one starts on Starlight I'd be willing to join. Yet... if Namo is scum... there's a lot of damage he could do coordinating the mafia for one night more. If he is village he hasn't done much to rally things together. Risk/reward leads me to vote to Jail Namohyship.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
All that said... I have to admit, in the wake of the posts Tanuki ninja'd me with while I was composing this post are making me increasingly confused. I'm still failing to see how Diyem, if indeed mafia, is better off not jailed. Like... for real, how does the town benefit from that? Explain it to me like I'm five. Like we're all five.
Okay, so, if Diyem is mafia, and we enact The Plan, they can't kill one of us without risking killing him.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Okay, so, if Diyem is mafia, and we enact The Plan, they can't kill one of us without risking killing him.
what about the roleblocker/strongman

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Do they roleblock/strongman me, or sike?
? they just use their strongman, which doesn’t require a target, or they pick one randomly to block and have half odds if it succeeding. not even talking into account the logistics of avoiding a clash. this plan is far from leakproof and even if it was it would be far easier to just lynch the guy you find suspicious.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
? they just use their strongman, which doesn’t require a target, or they pick one randomly to block and have half odds if it succeeding. not even talking into account the logistics of avoiding a clash. this plan is far from leakproof and even if it was it would be far easier to just lynch the guy you find suspicious.
Well then, they're forced to use a strongman, whereas before they could just kill one of us for free.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
so you want to keep around someone you don’t trust and run the risk of a known town power role getting killed just to maybe use up their strongman charge?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
As it stands, both protectors are known. They're going to try killing one of us. This at least somewhat lowers the chances of that.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
except in order to do so, we have to pick someone else to lynch or not lynch at all, which if you truly believe namo is suspicious, is more likely to to hit an innocent than just lynching namo. not to mention that the plan can still be circumvented by the mafia even if it’s executed perfectly. it just doesn’t really make sense. not an optimal move at all.

Top Bottom