• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jesse clung on for dear life and yelped occasionally at bumps and sharp turns. He'd fought gods and won. He'd seen some scarring shit. This... this was just too fucking weird.
"Hope you're having a good time, darling!" Palkia called out, aiming straight for one of the hearts only to deftly dodge it at the last second. One could almost think that it had done this before...

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Thoughts of the haunted Wii kept looming over Abigail. As much as she wanted nothing to do with it, sit had latched on to her, and she'd have to go through to the end to get it to turn off... she wondered if it would notice if she guessed wrong and lost on purpose.

She returned her attention to Gen. "Okay... I have been skydiving, I've been on a date, and I've been to a horror movie."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
If this counts as a date, then the middle one is true, leaving just skydiving or a horror movie. She said she was human, so both seem plausible...both would be pretty scary...maybe skydiving?

"Is...it skydiving?" Gen asked, glancing at the Wii, before turning back to Abigail.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh," Gen said. At least he was right about it not being the date one.

Gen shook the Wiimote, blowing out one of his candles as he tried to think of another two truths.

"I-I've...nearly died before, I'm trilingual, and I've met a minor legendary before arriving here," Gen eventually decided on.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"At least of all the folks whose hands I could be placed in, yours are safe enough!"
"Glad you think so!" Another wild swerve and the board came ever-so-close to nicking the edge of a heart. "The finale awaits!" Palkia zeroed in on the ramp at the bottom of the slope, holding Jesse tightly as the two hurtled through the air, tumbling through a triple flip. At the last second before they would have crashed into the snowbank, Palkia only had to think of the dinnertable, and the two suddenly appeared in their seats, clothing impeccable.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Nearly died before, huh? That didn't have to be as dramatic as it sounded. Maybe he'd just been in the ICU before. That one was definitely bait. Trilingualism... Maybe he threw the "tri" on instead of "bi" because he really was bilingual and and wanted to turn it into a lie. As for a minor legend... that had to be too weird to not be true. Maybe he pissed them off and that's what got him turned into an Oshawott.

"Is it the trilingual one?"

Wait... hadn't she been planning on getting it wrong on purpose?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen sighed. "Y-yeah. That one's the lie."

He neglected to clarify that he was actually bilingual.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse held onto the table with a vice grip for a moment while he composed himself with steady breaths.

"Believe it or not," he gasped, "that was neither the weirdest nor the most terrifyin' thing that's ever happened to me."

He glared at the universe in general. Why him? Why all this bullshit? Why all this nonsense he didn't ask for?

"Guess we get to know each other a little now," he mused. "D'you spend much time with mortals, sir?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Guess we get to know each other a little now," he mused. "D'you spend much time with mortals, sir?"
"Not nearly as much time as I'd like," Palkia answered with a dramatic sigh. "Not allowed to risk 'altering the natural course of things.' Watching and listening is fun and all, but it's nothing compared to participating."

"Say, y'know, that Wii game is fun and all," Darkwhite lied, "but what about the whole thing about the big hunk who died and figuring out who did it? Anybody have any info there? I don't. Like, if we don't, I might just skip voting someone..." She shrugged. "More party time for all of us!"
Palkia chuckled. "So sure, are you? You know, as much fun as this party is, I'd rather like to win this little game we're in. If we put off forever, we'll never get a handle on everyone's agenda~" it said in a singsong tone.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigail smirked. "You're bilingual, then? Otherwise I assume you would have made that the lie instead..."

Though the satisfaction of being right was muted by the fact it let that thing have another turn of influence over her.

"Anyways, Cheese is my favourite food, I had nine and a half fingers, I've never lost my keys."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Palkia chuckled. "So sure, are you? You know, as much fun as this party is, I'd rather like to win this little game we're in. If we put off forever, we'll never get a handle on everyone's agenda~" it said in a singsong tone.
Abigial shrugged. "And do you have any suggestions?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen hesitated, then nodded.

"Is it...cheese being your favorite food?" Gen asked after Abigail listed her three things.

Top Bottom