• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia stroked its chin with a claw. "A worthy goal... which is why it would be such a shame if the party were to be cut short when we're all picked off one by one. But I suppose you've already said that you wouldn't mind partying alone. Myself, I prefer a more sociable atmosphere~"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen wondered just what had happened for Abigail to lose a finger, but decided not to press further.

What other things could I say that aren't about my human life?

"Uh...I've been in two mystery dungeons before, I'm a big eater, and I enjoy stargazing," Gen said.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A worthy goal... which is why it would be such a shame if the party were to be cut short when we're all picked off one by one.

"Hmmm..." And to this, it seemed like Darkwhite was genuinely considering his words. "Well, if we want to party longer, wouldn't trying to get rid of someone now make the party even shorter? After all, they're probably going to get rid of someone else this night, too. So we'd be making it... double short!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Uh...I've been in two mystery dungeons before, I'm a big eater, and I enjoy stargazing," Gen said.
The most obvious wild card there was the 'mystery dungeons.' Abigail didn't know what they were, so she couldn't tell if two of them was a lot, or a little. That left a choice between eating and stargazing. Abigail was willing to bet he did like stargazing. She could pick that if she wanted to be wrong. "Is it the stargazing?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"No, it's being a big eater," Gen replied, glancing at everyone else in the room.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[X] Ram Location_Bar
The bar BURST open, wood chips and bits flying all over the place. Nocitlalin went straight through as if they'd made the bar out of air. Rock beat paper even in its wood form, it seemed. One paper, however, resisted the wanton destruction. Stuck right over Unit001_101110110's sight sensor. For a moment, it only saw darkness. Then, just enough light came through to illuminate the five letters atop the card. B.I.N.G.O.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Hmmm..." And to this, it seemed like Darkwhite was genuinely considering his words. "Well, if we want to party longer, wouldn't trying to get rid of someone now make the party even shorter? After all, they're probably going to get rid of someone else this night, too. So we'd be making it... double short!"
"Hmmm... quite true! But, much as it pains me to admit"--Palkia draped an arm over its forehead dramatically--"if we don't remove the guests that hold ill will in their hearts, we're just waiting to be eliminated ourselves, yes?"

"No, it's being a big eater," Gen replied, glancing at everyone else in the room.
Palkia looked up from its candlelit dinner, mouth stuffed full. "Cam'ft relaft."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Abigial shoot shook the Wiimote again. There was just one more. "I'v-"

The bar cracked open. "What. Why." She shook her head. "Whatever. I was babysat by a Ninetales as a kid, I have a little sister, and-"

The Mew smashed a hole in the wall. "What is wrong with you all? Anyways, I've never failed a class before."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"if we don't remove the guests that hold ill will in their hearts, we're just waiting to be eliminated ourselves, yes?"
"Good point." Abigail lifted her head high enough to glare at Palkia from beneath the obstruction of her Ralts hairline. "We really should eliminate someone with ill-will in their hearts. Like..." She dropped into a sarcastic tone. "Oh wait. We know nothing."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"You don't have a little sister?" Gen guessed, before yelpinhpg as he heard the sounds of destruction. He clutched tightly onto his reunion cape as he looked towards the noise.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"if we don't remove the guests that hold ill will in their hearts, we're just waiting to be eliminated ourselves, yes?"

"Well that might be true," Darkwhite said, her voice muffled by the wall, "but what does that mean for the presents, huh? They say 'do not open until Christmas,' and opening one killed the pretty one! So maybe if we make it all the way to Christmas, we can survive!" She phased through the wall again and looked around. "How far are we from Christmas, anyway? Anyone got a calendar? And what's a Christmas?" She started rummaging through the various drawers and dressers and closets.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Well that might be true," Darkwhite said, her voice muffled by the wall, "but what does that mean for the presents, huh? They say 'do not open until Christmas,' and opening one killed the pretty one! So maybe if we make it all the way to Christmas, we can survive!"
Palkia shrugged. "Alright, then~ If you're content to wait, that's all well and good. I thought you might want to win, but perhaps I was mistaken." It sighed dramatically, then clapped both hands together. "How about WiiDate you then, Darkwhite?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse rested his chin on his knuckles and observed and listened. The guests were, by and large, peculiar folks to be sure. Himself included. If Sierra could only see him now. A dinner date with a higher deity? Best not waste it.

"Y'know, if there's anythin' you'd care to ask a mortal such as myself, or experiences you'd wish to try, I'd be willin' to humour ya. But first tell me, since this is somethin' I've been wonderin': can an ageless bein' such as yerself ever have a meanin'ful friendship with an ordinary person?"

He listened for a reply and mused over the ongoing destruction and debate while he sampled some of his meal. Not bad. But like everything in this place, it was just too goddamn overblown to really savour.

"So, about the ongoin' contention over votin'. We don't have evidence pointin' at anyone yet, that's true, but throwin' some ideas around about who to eliminate might start some fuckin' conversation that helps us get a read on folks. There are some here that ain't alluded to their fuckin' powers yet, and others," here he gestured at the nickit, "who ain't said a goddamn word, which is suspicious as hell to me."

He paused for a moment to chew food and stroke his cheek fur in thought.

"Yeah, unless someone has a better idea, I'm thinkin' I might vote for our spookily silent companion Nickit before we turn in fer the night. If only because with each passin' day I'm worried about their bein' silent to avoid scrutiny.

"Speakin' of night, y'all should know I was right about playin' along with the Committee's fuckin' games. I just got one of them magic intuitions, you know the ones, tellin' me I have a reward fer botherin' with this datin' stuff that might pay off by tomorrow. Still not a game changer like that shit Darkwhite was talkin' about, but it's somethin'. I understand I might be paintin' a target on my back fer tonight, but if I'm gonna fuckin' die I wanna let the rest of the guests know they can earn assets towards victory by humourin' the bullshit. Augh."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen breathed a small sigh of relief as the destruction stopped, before looking towards the candles on the screen.

Top Bottom