• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Oh, that's cool. I like your company as well, so I guess we're both good!" He smiled, eating another muffin.

Vix finished her glass, shuddering slightly. "Yup! Good ol' friends."

Vix I think you've reached your limit. I'm not going to be responsible for you if you black out here.

"Blackout? Why would I blackout? I'm *hic* on fire," Vix snickered. "Maybe I'm just a bit more hungry, I think." She shook her head, gently slapping her glass to refocus herself. "I'm... I'm good now. Yeah, I'm good. Maybe I'll just sit and relax for a while, and uh... not get anymore drinks. Even if I want more."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Huh? What?"

Cabot looked at Fay in confusion, before turning back to Owen.

"Oh, I see... I guess I understand," he sighed, his tone sounding somewhat disappointed. "I mean, I know I did act pretty malevolent when I got corrupted, but that's exactly why I thought this was a good idea. I figured that it could help give me some closure or something after everything that happened with the Shadow Machine now that I've talked things over with Nip and Celeste. That way if I ever get corrupted again my first instinct wouldn't be to attack everyone. And if you can just casually talk to your Shadow, I don't see why I couldn't, you know?"

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Vix finished her glass, shuddering slightly. "Yup! Good ol' friends."

Vix I think you've reached your limit. I'm not going to be responsible for you if you black out here.

"Blackout? Why would I blackout? I'm *hic* on fire," Vix snickered. "Maybe I'm just a bit more hungry, I think." She shook her head, gently slapping her glass to refocus herself. "I'm... I'm good now. Yeah, I'm good. Maybe I'll just sit and relax for a while, and uh... not get anymore drinks. Even if I want more."

"Well, you do you. I'm still hungry, I could eat a... Tauros, but that would be really weird," he shrugged, eating a piece of meat.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Well, you do you. I'm still hungry, I could eat a... Tauros, but that would be really weird," he shrugged, eating a piece of meat.

Vix snickered. "That'd be a sight to see, albeit a bit terrifying, hehe."

"I'll be here trying to get my head back on straight, so feel free to enjoy yourself, Shiron. Don't little ol' me keep you here, if you don't want to be here."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And if you can just casually talk to your Shadow, I don't see why I couldn't, you know?

"Well," Owen said disarmingly, "I can think of a few reasons why that might not be true. For one... your Shadow was a lot more hostile. Definitely ready to lash out and attack everyone right from the start. Some of that could have been the Machine, but it was still more volatile. It might simply be manifesting differently. Mine? Mine was more focused on keeping me safe rather than attacking the others. I think that's a fundamental difference right there..." He sighed. "Look, I'm just saying that if you're going to let your Shadow take control now that you know everything, try to do it somewhere safe where, if something geos wrong, someone can take you down and dispel the Shadows."

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Thinking about the prey... as an unrepentant omnivore before, Cuicatl supposed she should have cared more about that. But she didn’t. It was part of nature. She was part of nature. It wasn’t wrong and there was nothing to feel guilty about.

She didn’t voice this.

“I’ve been... okay. Mostly. Some things have been tough. I don’t want to talk about it at a party.” Why was she even talking about it at a party? “Nobles, huh? They existed in my world, but I never really met any. They mostly lived in the capitol.”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“I’ve been... okay. Mostly. Some things have been tough. I don’t want to talk about it at a party.”

Icetales stared silently at the dragon for a while, his ears dropping slightly. There was definitely something bothering her. If only he could figure out what…

Though, it was not the time and place to try to try to get answers.

“…Fair enough, miss. However, if thou ever feel like talking about anything, do not hesitate to contact me, alright? I am always willing to lend mine ears to help a comrade.”

To try to reinforce his point, Petram wiggled on its spot, almost as if trying to nod. Unfortunately, it seemed unaware of the fact that to see a nod someone needs eyes…

“Nobles, huh? They existed in my world, but I never really met any. They mostly lived in the capitol.”

“Ha, so even thy world has divisions between nobles and goodmons, then? With nobles living mostly in the rich cities?”

He swallowed the last piece of fish. “I am not surprised. It is much easier to show thy social status in such way. Something that I never truly approved, however. There are many times I wish I could just… converse openly with other folks, regardless of their social status.” He sighed. “But… I have met plenty of obstacles, with everyone judging thee for thy lingo, thy behavior and thy attire. Ha! Utterly… sad, to be fair.”

But then, Icetales blinked when he saw Potluck marching toward them, right after barely avoiding colliding with Owen and Cabot. He tilted his head. “Huh… greetings there, sir?”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales blinked a few times at the quickness of the request, but he beamed a friendly smile. “Ah, thou art talking about a leaving bag, like the ones used by restaurants to store the remains?” He nodded. “We have a few boxes, yes, since we do not believe folks will eat all of the food offered here.”

He stood up and wagged his tails. “We have… a bit of everything, haha. Is there something she prefers? Meat? Fish? Vegetables? …Chocolate?”

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Well," Owen said disarmingly, "I can think of a few reasons why that might not be true. For one... your Shadow was a lot more hostile. Definitely ready to lash out and attack everyone right from the start. Some of that could have been the Machine, but it was still more volatile. It might simply be manifesting differently. Mine? Mine was more focused on keeping me safe rather than attacking the others. I think that's a fundamental difference right there..." He sighed. "Look, I'm just saying that if you're going to let your Shadow take control now that you know everything, try to do it somewhere safe where, if something geos wrong, someone can take you down and dispel the Shadows."

"Yeah... I guess those are some good arguments," Cabot admitted as he pawed at the back of his neck. "Maybe I should think this over more carefully. I just wanna be ready in case it happens again at a bad moment."

Cabot shifted a bit as there was one more thing he was curious about. "Though, if you can give your Shadow control of your body, does that mean I can talk to him right now? I wouldn't mind meeting him properly if you say he's friendly."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Maple likes to eat anything," Potluck replied. "I wanna get a little sampler for her so she can enjoy that! Maybe it'll tempt her to show up for a little bit of the party, too!"

"I see..." Icetales rubbed his muzzle with a forepaw. "In that case, then thou could work on a tasting menu, with some of the best foods from a bit of everything. So, let me think..."

He produced the notepad in one of his tails, before flipping through pages. "...Here is my suggestion. Thou could pick one of the large boxes, and then grab a small bowl of molten cheese with croutons as an appentizer, a dish of fish rolls with... a few spoonfuls of rice and fried vegetables, and... huh... ha! Yes! A bowl of molten chocolate with some S'mores and a slice of cherry cake. As a beverage, I would go with something assertive and creamy, like... some White Dreams?" He paused, before blushing slightly. "Err... I am afraid I do not know much about wines, but that should be the best combination, I reckon."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
if you can give your Shadow control of your body, does that mean I can talk to him right now? I wouldn't mind meeting him properly if you say he's friendly.

"Well, I--"

Charizard emerged from Owen's back and loomed over him. There was an amused looking smirk on his face, like he was saying, 'Yes, of course I'm friendly, Owen, you said so yourself.'

"Yeah, he's friendly, but... I don't really think he's the king of person to party." Then again, he wasn't really partying, just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere. Sighing, he said, "Well, I mean... we're out in the open. It should be safe if something goes wrong, and he's not dumb that he'd try to cause a scene..."

Charizard looked insulted.

"Okay," Owen said. "But only for a little while. He's... Well, I'll just keep an eye on things..."

Charizard watched Owen in silence, and then his form started fading, returning to his host's form. A few more seconds passed. The bottoms of Owen's feet darkened, and then a crackling, dried mud-like pattern of creeping darkness covered most of Owen's lower half. His flame gained a black core beneath the orange outer embers.

Then, the Charmander opened his eyes. He looked at his hands, flexing them, frowning with displeasure. Lazily, he scanned the crowd, then glanced upward, as if hearing someone. Rolling his eyes, he shrugged his left shoulder, and out drifted a Charmander with glowing, golden eyes. Was that Owen...?

"Hello," Charmander greeted, leaning forward. It was Owen's voice, but the intonation was off. Formal. Distant. "Cabot, correct? Well, as requested, here I am."

Jedi Shulk

Master Driver
Then, the Charmander opened his eyes. He looked at his hands, flexing them, frowning with displeasure. Lazily, he scanned the crowd, then glanced upward, as if hearing someone. Rolling his eyes, he shrugged his left shoulder, and out drifted a Charmander with glowing, golden eyes. Was that Owen...?

"Hello," Charmander greeted, leaning forward. It was Owen's voice, but the intonation was off. Formal. Distant. "Cabot, correct? Well, as requested, here I am."
“Who are you? And why do you sound like Owen?” Fay asked the Charmander that sounded like Owen.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
For a moment Cabot looked a bit hesitant at Owen's new form, before easing up and offering a small wave.

"Hey there," he greeted. "And that's right. It's nice to meet you... uh... Owen? I mean technically you're part of him, aren't you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
He looked Cabot and Fay over, though he seemed to be disinterested in both. referred to by name, though, and his eyes flicked to Cabot. "Mm. Owen. Yes. That's my assigned name." He tested a fireball from his hand, conjuring a small ember with a black core instead. He didn't seem pleased by this and let it fizzle out. "But it would be confusing to go by that title when it's been tarnished for so long."

He looked toward the party, then at Owen over his shoulder, who seemed to be frowning.

"Oh, is tarnished too strong a word?" Charmander asked with an amused lilt. "You'd feel tarnished, too, peeking into your future self and seeing..." Unnecessary. He didn't need to dwell, especially when he was only tenuously real to begin with. The shadowy core of his ember was proof enough. "You may call me Wishkeeper. The title is meaningless, now, but it is the only other thing I'm familiar with that's worth saying."

Jedi Shulk

Master Driver
He looked Cabot and Fay over, though he seemed to be disinterested in both. referred to by name, though, and his eyes flicked to Cabot. "Mm. Owen. Yes. That's my assigned name." He tested a fireball from his hand, conjuring a small ember with a black core instead. He didn't seem pleased by this and let it fizzle out. "But it would be confusing to go by that title when it's been tarnished for so long."

He looked toward the party, then at Owen over his shoulder, who seemed to be frowning.

"Oh, is tarnished too strong a word?" Charmander asked with an amused lilt. "You'd feel tarnished, too, peeking into your future self and seeing..." Unnecessary. He didn't need to dwell, especially when he was only tenuously real to begin with. The shadowy core of his ember was proof enough. "You may call me Wishkeeper. The title is meaningless, now, but it is the only other thing I'm familiar with that's worth saying."
“Owen tarnished? If anyone is tarnishing that name it’s you Wishkeeper.” Fay snapped back at Wishkeeper.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper was content to hover around the food table... but then the kiddie charmander had to go and clone himself. Again. And that was worth investigating. Or, rather, asserting himself in.

"Hey. Hey, hey, hey, hey." Esper jabbed Owen's shoulder with his tail repeatedly. "I didn't know charmander could use shadow clone jutsu. Are you from Greninto's planet or something? Thought it was fictional, but maybe the creators actually went to another planet somehow. Regardless, I'm pretty sure he'd smack you with one of his giant Water Shurikens if he saw you stealing his technique like that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom