• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, that's just boring." Still upside down, Esper crossed his arms and pouted. "Unless all of this reminds Baha Blast of his dead wife. Suppose that could always happen." He flipped back over. "But that'd just make him more depressing to be around, so all the better he isn't here!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Wouldn’t the molten stuff be cold when Maple got it?” Cuicatl asked, suddenly unsure if she was right.

“Not with a thermal bag. We have bough a few of them that can keep food hot or cold for a couple of hours or so. That should be plenty of time to deliver the sample.” He glanced around. “It would only be a matter of finding some flier or speedy ‘mon willing to lend a paw with the delivery…”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, oh! I can fly!" Potluck said with another fishtail wag. "Just put it in my beak and I'll be able to get back to Destiny Tower in no time!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
A party. Yay. Zane probably liked those. His first two thoughts were if they needed a band, which he couldn’t make any sense out of, and then who was getting the beer, which gave him a sobering insight into his human life. Wasn’t he eighteen? Did he drink underage, or was that just his expectation of a party? No, wait, different places had different drinking ages, so maybe he had just turned eighteen, which was the drinking age in the place in his homeworld, so that kind of party was a new, fun experience for him, but that didn’t explain why he assumed he was too young to drink as a human, but he didn’t even know why he thought he was eighte—

He needed a drink. Curio at least partially convinced him to pretend to try being sociable. It worked out not terrible with Brisa. At least, until his shadow showed up. It hadn’t shown its (his?) face since taking over in the fight, though. Maybe it died when he exploded. The mere memory of that explosion hurt like hell, plus he was still recovering. The nurse told him to take it easy, and his sore everything agreed.

So, drinks. This place had to have a bar—no he wasn’t going to think about why he assumed that—so he looked around. It didn’t take long for his eagle eyes to spot the now familiar sight of spirits and a tender (why the overt alcoholism incited less self-reflection than vague memories of maybe drinking underage did, no scholar deigned to comment), and quickly made his way oh Goddammit Dave.

Little poochy prick talking to his stupid egg shadow whatever thing. This was fine. He could just act like he didn’t see him and take a seat at the only open stool five feet away from Dave fate really wanted to see Zane suffer.

Eyes on the prize. Straight forward. Pretend Dave wasn’t there. He made his way to the bar, smooth as carpet on stilts, sat down and definitely wasn’t thinking about Dave. Wave down the bartender. Wait for the horny mug frother to give the time of day to a girl who’d never give it back. Wave him down more aggressively, “Whiskey, clean, leave the bottle.”

Good. Mission accomplished. Home free. All he had to do was drink, then leave. A simple task too easy for him not to screw up. The back of his mind decided it’d be best to take a look and see if Dave was still there. The obvious answer “yes” unfortunately overloaded it, leaving him half-flinching away as if he’d just seen a ghost.

This was hell, and he was his own torturer. He flicked his gaze forward, faked a cough and mumbled, “Evening.” Good. That was probably more than Dave wanted out of him, so he could drink his fears away in peace. “How’re you?” What the fuck I didn’t say t—

No, you didn’t. So his shadow wasn’t dead. Lovely. I love watching you squirm.
Dave didn't notice Zane until he suddenly sat down very close. Which was fair, he supposed; the place was pretty full. He ignored him and continued going over what'd been happening in Cibus with Mia.

That is, until Zane started talking. Seriously? Seriously? Was he really going to have to deal with this right now?

"What?" he said. "Kinda busy right now, if you couldn't tell."

Mia cocked her head. "You didn't mean to say that."

"What are you talking about? Of course I meant to --"

"Not you. Him." Mia watched Zane with interest.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Oh, oh! I can fly!" Potluck said with another fishtail wag. "Just put it in my beak and I'll be able to get back to Destiny Tower in no time!"

Icetales grinned and drummed the floor rhythmically, as a quadrupedal version of a clap. “Ah, how splendid! Then just wait for me right here, I shall bring something delightful for Miss Maple!”

Without another word, he bolted toward the sweet stands (with Petram rolling after him) and dug through some stuff under the table. His tails quivered when he found what he was looking for. “A-ha! Now, to fill this box…”

It didn’t take long for the Vulpix to gather the necessary. A few morsels here, a little of cooking there, and a small bottle of fine wine to accompany everything. Lastly, he stored the box into a thermal bag, before striding toward the others. He set the box on the floor in front of Potluck.

“All set. Here’s a sample menu by yours truly.” He stayed silent for a while, before rubbing a forepaw with a tail. “Um… let her know that I wish she gets better soon, yes? We might have had our divergences, but… I truly want her to be back in tiptop shape.” He glanced at the Silvally. “Can thou let her know that, good sir?”

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Definitely," Potluck said. "I bet this will be just what she needs to get better, too! All the love and care you put into this party might be just the remedy. She's a Voice, after all."

With the food properly loaded onto the Silvally, Potluck turned around and said, "Okay, see you!"

He jumped into the air. His eyes flashed pink, and he landed on little, Psychic bubbles of energy that propelled him higher into the air. Then, once he was high enough, his eyes flashed cyan, and he started gliding through the air on invisible wings. As he lowered, those eyes flashed again and he took a few more leaps to gain altitude. It wasn't flying... but it was close enough.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Dave didn't notice Zane until he suddenly sat down very close. Which was fair, he supposed; the place was pretty full. He ignored him and continued going over what'd been happening in Cibus with Mia.

That is, until Zane started talking. Seriously? Seriously? Was he really going to have to deal with this right now?

"What?" he said. "Kinda busy right now, if you couldn't tell."

Mia cocked her head. "You didn't mean to say that."

"What are you talking about? Of course I meant to --"

"Not you. Him." Mia watched Zane with interest.
“I could tell, actually,” Zane growled. “I was just trying to be friendly, but I forgot you—” He was ready to meet Dave’s anger with just as much of his own. When he turned, Mia’s eyes pierced him. She pinned him to a wall and trapped every insult in his throat.

He couldn’t look away for a moment, only managed scant glances away until finally he could turn back to his drink. “I didn’t. Sorry.” Whoever this chick was, she was related to Dave somehow, and even if she wasn’t, Dave was right there. He didn’t need a conversation about his shadow with that mutt.

“Just—trying to be friendly—a force of habit.” Of course it wouldn’t make it that easy for him. He clenched his glass tighter while its laugh rang in his mind. “Sorry. Go back to your girlfriend. I’ll be gone soon as I’m done with my drink.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Excuse me?" Dave narrowed his eyes at Zane. "She's ten years old, you creep. She's not my fucking girlfriend."

"The other me was ten."

Dave clenched his jaw. "Yeah. Or that. She's like three hours old, you creep."

Mia was staring at the Zangoose. "It happened again. There's someone else making him say things."

"Maybe he's got fucking Tourette's. Ignore that guy, he's a creepy weirdo."

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Excuse me?" Dave narrowed his eyes at Zane. "She's ten years old, you creep. She's not my fucking girlfriend."

"The other me was ten."

Dave clenched his jaw. "Yeah. Or that. She's like three hours old, you creep."

Mia was staring at the Zangoose. "It happened again. There's someone else making him say things."

"Maybe he's got fucking Tourette's. Ignore that guy, he's a creepy weirdo."
Great, Mia was catching on. Luckily, he had an easy out. Who knew what an angry Dave would do to get him away? And he knew how to make this dog bark. “How was I supposed to know her age?” He rolled his eyes, intent to avoid responding to Mia. “Besides, you seem like the “age is just a number” type, so who’m I to judge?”

He’d come to this party to try and be friendly. So much for that. “It’s not my fault you two are such an adorable couple.” Instead of refilling his glass, he went straight for the bottle. He had a feeling he’d need the painkiller.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv slowly backed away from the bickering group, holding another crouton with a vine.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper heard the barking and glanced over at Zane. "I think that guy's going for the wrong interpretation of 'is a real hit at parties,' because he's totally about to get decked." He grabbed hold of his forehead and pulled away some goop that he sculped into a megaphone. "Kick his ass, Poochy!"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, you could always pelt the zangoose with sleep seeds." Esper grinned. "Then I could doodle on him while he's zonked out!"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales was on the way of ordering some beverage for himself and Petram — preferably a couple of cups of mint tea, if there was still any — but he instantly froze when his ears caught a part of the conversation between the Poochyena, the Scyther lookalike and the Zangoose.

‘What in tarnation?! He… he didn’t just say that, did he? What… what does he have in that noggin?’

He glanced at the scene, then at Petram, then at everyone who was staring at the trio by the bar. He began shivering.

No, no, no, no! That was no good! What would happen if a fight were to break out? That… no. No. That was supposed to be a moment to get to know each other and build new bridges between comrades, not to dig ditches!

…Golly, this ought to be amusing. I wonder what will happen now, huh huh huh!

Great. Of course the ghost of Father had to find that situation entertaining. Every fiber of his entire being oozed discord and strife. Icetales glared at the apparition, who was glancing back and forth between Dave and Zane, flashing one of those manic smirks.

‘This is not the moment to curse me with thy taunts, thou—’

However, the Vulpix was interrupted mid-rant when he heard Petram hissing, and he quickly glanced at the stone by his side. Bubbling sounds came from inside — or at least, this is what Icetales thought he heard — and Petram began rolling toward the scene.

“Petram! No!”

With a pounce, Icetales stopped the stone from rolling any further, but he could feel it squirming under his paws and hissing unknown threats. Was it feeling anger toward the two bickering parties… or toward Father? Or toward all of them? It was hard to tell, but Icetales could tell one thing: if the situation became too heated, it would be his duty to cool everything down. He just hoped it didn’t come to that.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Great, Mia was catching on. Luckily, he had an easy out. Who knew what an angry Dave would do to get him away? And he knew how to make this dog bark. “How was I supposed to know her age?” He rolled his eyes, intent to avoid responding to Mia. “Besides, you seem like the “age is just a number” type, so who’m I to judge?”

He’d come to this party to try and be friendly. So much for that. “It’s not my fault you two are such an adorable couple.” Instead of refilling his glass, he went straight for the bottle. He had a feeling he’d need the painkiller.
Anger and revulsion flared in his chest, a mindless Pokémon instinct eager to just kick him in the fucking face right now, but no, this creep was not worth one more second of his attention. Dave'd been called worse by more influential lunatics than this pathetic sack of shit. He'd spent enough time on the internet to know not to take the fucking bait.

All around them, people were staring at Zane in outrage, which was at least satisfying.

He was about to roll his eyes, give some quip for the crowd and shake his head and leave and bask in the glow of being the obvious sane party in this interaction, only Mia chose this moment to comment. "Age is just a number. Birthdays are made up. It doesn't make any sense to count how many times the Earth has gone around the sun since someone was born. It's not even aligned correctly."

Dave dragged a paw over his face. "Mia, no, stop talking."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Wishkeeper tapped his chin, thoughtful. "Well. Technically she isn't wrong. Though, she lost sight of the true meaning..." Ah, kids. Speaking of kids, how was Cal doing?

Owen swiveled his head about, and then Wishkeeper followed his gaze to the left, where Cal was still chatting with that Cinderace. Just who was he?

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Zane’s gaze followed Dave’s and he realized this conversation wasn’t anywhere near private as he’d first thought. In fact, they practically had an audience, one very excited to see Dave kick his ass. What a great impression to leave on the team.

He thought back to his talk with Brisa. While his shadow egged him on, telling him to give the crowd the show they wanted, he remembered her words. “You’re better than this asshole.”

He took another drink and mumbled, “Not yet.” Given this introduction, he clearly still had a ways to go. At least he had the luxury of half a bottle of whiskey in his gut. He swiveled his stool and stood to face the crowd. “Okay!” he shouted for everyone to hear. “Everyone ready for the big show down? Who’s pumped to see me pummeled? I know I am!”

He rolled his eyes and turned to Dave with an exasperated sigh. “I’m sorry,” he said, foregoing his theatrical shout for a quieter tone. He didn’t care if anyone other than Dave heard him. Really, he’d prefer if they didn’t. “I’ve been nothing but a complete ass to you, and you’ve reacted like anyone should.”

He grabbed his bottle and chugged the rest of it. “The team would be dead without you. Don’t waste this party being mad at a dumbass. Have fun. Make some friends.” He tossed some poké to the counter (the drinks might’ve been complimentary, but tips probably weren’t). “I’ll get out of your fur.” He didn’t bother to address the gawkers, but simply started walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom