• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Fall 2020 Mafia - Game Thread

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
This doesn’t make sense. I roleblocked you last night. I didn’t have any reason to suspect Wind.

Sorry, meant N0

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Also, I’m going to take this moment to point out how desperately Dawning wants y’all not to think they’re a veteran player. They really want to downplay there skill.
Six months and a bit more than ten games is not what we define as a "veteran" on Bulba.

The funny thing is, these two strategies are exact opposites. Lynching my own teammates hurts the team and helps me. It’s putting all my eggs in my basket.

My claim, though, hurts me to help the team. I have nothing to gain from it. It puts me in danger where there was none.
See, without my counterclaim, it would not even hurt you if you were in fact. It just gives you towncred.

Then why say that you roleblocking Phan stopped the kill? Why would I seek to clear Equitia’s name unless they’re on my team?
I said MAYBE POSSIBLY. It was ONE FACTOR in my vote on her. And clearing his name, as I said, TOWNCRED. For you. Clearing an actual town mechanically makes you look better in everyone's eyes, since if you cleared your teammate and they ended up flipping for some reason, that would implicate you.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
See, without my counterclaim, it would not even hurt you if you were in fact. It just gives you towncred.
It absolutely could’ve hurt me. For one, it‘s normally a mafia role, and if someone else was the reason for Equitia’s results, it leaves me wide open for a counterclaim.

The most important part of that was I didn’t have reason to gain town-cred. I already had most people believing me. It would be an entirely unnecessary risk if I was mafia. My claim, compared to yours, accomplished nothing.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Six months and a bit more than ten games is not what we define as a "veteran" on Bulba.
Boy howdy, you’ll take every chance to downplay your experience, won’t you? If only you had evidence that wasn’t ten games and at least six months of experience. It really seems like you’re a massive threat and you don’t want the town to know that.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
It absolutely could’ve hurt me. For one, it‘s normally a mafia role, and if someone else was the reason for Equitia’s results, it leaves me wide open for a counterclaim.
Clearly, you ARE, so that part's not up for debate. It's a normally Mafia role, sure, but as I said, I've seen it as town and you probably could've sold that you're a town blocker. You might be suspected to some extent, but most likely, people would've accepted you're claim because you were clearing a town, which is usually done in town motivation.

The most important part of that was I didn’t have reason to gain town-cred. I already had most people believing me. It would be an entirely unnecessary risk if I was mafia. My claim, compared to yours, accomplished nothing.
You said you had no reason to randomly bus your teammates, either. Smart people will look for bussing when a scum dies, especially one who hasn't been particularly suspicious, do the compared strategy is ALSO an unnecessary risk.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
If only you had evidence that wasn’t ten games and at least six months of experience.
WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ASK? Okay, closer to seven months, I thought Seraph started in late March, my mistake. Here's an awfully convenient link to my first game:
I also played Gen IV Mafia, War of The Supermen Mafia, A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, Mentor Mafia: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back, The Best Anime SpongeMafia, Hollywood Mafia, and Chsos Mafia V on Bulba, First Anniversary Fanfiction Mafia here, and Lover's Dance and Death on the Dancefloor on Smogon. That's eleven, which is a bit more than ten, exactly as I said. I don't count games I subbed out of or FE: Girl of Plains (I didn't post in the latter and did virtually nothing in both of the former).

Waffle

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
she/her
This is so nervewraking. Like both your stories are so good, and I'm honestly kind of convinced your both innocent, but 2 town roleblockers does seem kind of strange

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST ASK? Okay, closer to seven months, I thought Seraph started in late March, my mistake. Here's an awfully convenient link to my first game:
I also played Gen IV Mafia, War of The Supermen Mafia, A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, Mentor Mafia: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back, The Best Anime SpongeMafia, Hollywood Mafia, and Chsos Mafia V on Bulba, First Anniversary Fanfiction Mafia here, and Lover's Dance and Death on the Dancefloor on Smogon. That's eleven, which is a bit more than ten, exactly as I said. I don't count games I subbed out of or FE: Girl of Plains (I didn't post in the latter and did virtually nothing in both of the former).
I wasn’t saying you didn’t have as much experience as you said. I was saying that you were doing your best to paint yourself as less experienced than you really are. I want everyone to look at this list and tell me this many games isn’t an incredible advantage over all of us.

The most anyone else has under their belt is three afaik.

My roleclaim would’ve been bad for the mafia if I was mafia. DW’s is a fucking galaxy brain play. If DW’s story is true, so many people besides me are suspect. If mine is true, it just leaves Dawning as a suspect with no other leads. It’s a calculated risk in favor of the mafia.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
You said you had no reason to randomly bus your teammates, either. Smart people will look for bussing when a scum dies, especially one who hasn't been particularly suspicious, do the compared strategy is ALSO an unnecessary risk
Funny thing about this: last game, when I talked about this strategy... it wasn’t in mafia. It was in TTT. Gary’s Mod. Trouble in Terrorist Town where killing a teammate is way easier, and way better on your record in that game.

It’s...not really comparable to mafia, though. I wanted to come off as a better player than I was in my first game. I didn’t want people to realize I had no idea what I was doing, so I stretched the truth a bit.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
  9. manectric
About to go back and reread the thread, especially stuff since my last post. But I'm thinking it might be a good idea for @Shiny Phantump to role claim, the more I think about it. Because the following is what I'm currently seeing if everyone thus far is telling the truth about their roles.

Players that have made some sort of role claim:

Equita: a sort of tracker role
Wind: As of yet unrevealed active role
Tanuki: Role Blocker
DawningWinds: Role Blocker
SparklingEspeon: Seraph Knight

That leaves 5 players with unrevealed roles. Assuming everyone is being truthful, then Shiny was blocked last night, but there also was no kill last night, which could suggest that shiny is the killer. It could also suggest that one of the remaining players (Waffle, Fusion and Persephone) is the killer, and one of the remaining two is either bulletproof or a doctor.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I wasn’t saying you didn’t have as much experience as you said. I was saying that you were doing your best to paint yourself as less experienced than you really are. I want everyone to look at this list and tell me this many games isn’t an incredible advantage over all of us.
I didn't think you thought I didn't have as much experience as I said. I misread your post as "If only you had evidence that it was only six months and ten games". So I thought you were asking me to ptove that I wasn't fudging the numbers DOWNWARDS.

SparklingEspeon: Seraph Knight
She claimed doc, not seraph knight. I'm thinking you got that from my refering to Seraph of the End Mafia as just Seraph, because that's usually what we call it on Bulba, plus Seraph Knight being similiar to doc.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I didn't think you thought I didn't have as much experience as I said. I misread your post as "If only you had evidence that it was only six months and ten games". So I thought you were asking me to prove that I wasn't fudging the numbers DOWNWARDS.
Edit By Way of Post (EBWOP)

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Funny thing about this: last game, when I talked about this strategy... it wasn’t in mafia. It was in TTT. Gary’s Mod. Trouble in Terrorist Town where killing a teammate is way easier, and way better on your record in that game.

It’s...not really comparable to mafia, though. I wanted to come off as a better player than I was in my first game. I didn’t want people to realize I had no idea what I was doing, so I stretched the truth a bit.
...I see. That changes things a bit.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Okay, I’m home from work. (Actually I got back like, over half an hour ago, but there was a backlog and I have no idea what’s happening.)

I‘m not sure if it’s in our best interests for me to reveal my role, at least until the start of next day. I can be convinced to, but for now I’m too tired to be making that kind of irreversible decision.

I can say that I cannot confirm nor deny DWs claim to have roleblocked me. I don’t know if it’s true.

Ultimately the idea that DW just happened to flag me, not only as mafia, but as specifically the killer, after just day 0 is ridiculous. Espy is the one who prevented the murder attempt.

As it stands DW is at the top of my suspicion list. Voting DawningWinds until further notice,

Top Bottom