• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Zinnia's Multiverse Madness! (Roleplay, March 4-13)

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"There's enough room for both of you up there. Just don't fall off!" Zinnia said.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora clapped her hands excitedly. It felt good not being robbed of her fairly-claimed dib. Dibs? Aw shoot... if you call dibs on something, is it a dib or still a dibs? A... dob? Dobe? Whatever, wasting time on thinking was why Kora never thought, he'd claim his dub and ride the ferris wheel car like a champion! With some tall big-haired lady or whatever.

"Sweet!" the now-human cheered and pumped her fist before dashing over to the giant shiny wheel. "I wonder how fast it can go! I wanna feel the wind in my luxorious human mane!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Mohn returned his attention to his partner. "Wow, that's rough. I'll make sure to catch you if you fall!"

Lusamine glowered at him. He stopped talking.

"But I called dibs on it already! Could I, like, go on the ferris wheel too?"
"Oh, you have got to be kidding me..."

She reluctantly climbed atop the car. Something occurred to her:

"Lin, you should go in the car. If we throw off the centre of balance too far, it could flip."

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora stopped just at the ferris wheel car, eyeing the giant machine with awe and wonder. It wasn't her first time seeing one, or even her first time riding one, but there was just something awesome about giant machines that got her all excited and bubbly. Even in her human body, Kora jumped on top of the car with ease, but overshot and nearly fell right over the other side. She had to hold out both arms for balance as she swayed back and forth slightly, then, once she was stabilized, let out a relieved sigh. The car itself barely even moved. Robin was soooo much lighter than Kora normally was.

"Don't you worry big-hair lady! If anything goes wrong, I can just fix it, you know?" Kora beamed, proud, even behind the fake mask he wore. "I'll make sure we don't fall of, hehe!" She then pumped a fist in the air, excitement boiling over as dark sparks fluttered off her body. "Start the giant wheel! Please!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
The giant wheel, to Lusamine's immense disappointment, was fully functional and began to turn.

She kept a white-knuckled grip on the bar suspending the cart. Since Kora was in the way, preventing her from doing so on the other side, she just gripped his arm instead. Maybe if she kept her grip tight enough, he'd lose circulation to his hand as penance for being such an irritation.

"If you rock the cart, I'm pushing you off," she muttered. She really wished it was Linden up here, and this clown... Anywhere else, really.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
On the outside, Robin seemed to be simply observing with light interest as she crossed her arms, occasionally nodding with intrigue.
On the inside, she was flailing more than an inflatable at a dealership.
Am I going to have to add 'daredevil' to the list of things people think I am now?!

She placed two fingers on her temple - a stance just ambiguous enough that it could be interpreted as contemplation rather than distress - as her gaze followed the pair. Oh my God, this was a stupid plan. They're gonna think I'll be able do these kinds of things since Kora is 'copying' me. Or something even more crazy. What's going to happen when it's my turn?! There's no way I'm going to agree to a Dare when this is the bar they're setting!

She turned towards the Bagon that had brought them all here in the first place. ...But if I tried lying my way through the Truth part, what would she do? The pessimist in her mind conjured an image of her soul being yanked from her body as it would be stretched out like rubber across universes until— Nope, nope, nope, not risking that! No way! She quickly snapped her head back towards the blonde woman and her doppelganger. She just prayed they wouldn't try anything ludicrous.

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Oh wow, Kora wasn't expecting to be grabbed onto at all. The car wasn't even shaking yet, and it was moving so slow. But it was fine, if this big hair lady needed her support, it's not like Kora was using any of it. "I don't think I could shake the cart like this... I'm way too light like this," she grinned, puffing out her chest.

The view was nice, though. Beautiful even. The trees, the clouds, the other booths and tents and stuff... Kora didn't know why but she just liked how it all looked. She looked over the edge and saw some of the other players and waved to them. "Heyyyyyy guyyyyyyyys!" she shouted out to them. "When did you all get so shooooooooooort?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Dorien eventually managed to coax Odette out of the busted booth, and Odette very reluctantly let him. They'd both certainly heard the announcement that the game was starting, but Dorien had grown more concerned with finding a first-aid booth. He assumed it had to be back in the direction they'd come from.

"I really don't need any bandages, I'm fine," Odette insisted stiffly as he tried to examine her fist, which she pulled away from him. The force of the movement caused a surge of pain, which made her suck her teeth. "Really, literally flesh wounds."

"It's okay, I'm sure you'll still look gorgeous when those splinters in your fingers swell up with infection," he said affectionately. He held his arms out to his sides and began to walk away, allowing her to be her stubborn self.

Infection would make it MUCH EASIER for you to kill her, wouldn't it?

He was going to be a master at ignoring Inviderus after today, honestly.

Odette watched him go, pretty dead set on not allowing him to touch her. As a force of habit, she tried to crack her knuckles, but the pain surged again, causing her to cry outright. As she jolted her hand up to her face, the pain from her skinned elbows also surged. She wasn't fucking winning here, was she? How was she going to fish out those splinters? How was she going to get bandages on her elbows with fucked up hands? She sure as hell didn't want to ask any of these strangers to perform medical procedures on her, and at least Dorien knew how that shit worked.

Fuck me, man.

With an angry kick of her leg, she shuffled up behind Dorien, who she'd noticed had stopped expectantly, as if he were waiting for her to change her mind. The stupid asshole.

"You walk ahead so people don't think you did this," she grumbled.

***​

Odette could hear Kora yelling before they even made it back. Upon closer inspection, she soon saw that he was up in a Ferris wheel. With that other blonde lady who Dorien was verbally tussling with earlier. She squinted into the sunlight to get a better look.

"Was that the dare?" she asked.

"I hope they both fall," Dorien hissed to himself. He broke his gaze away from the scene, taking a cursory glance around for the telltale red cross of a first-aid both. When he noticed it, he nudged Odette. She gave him an affirming nod and followed him over, not taking her eyes off the Ferris wheel.

"Well, if the game's gonna be that mellow, I'll go for a dare," she snickered.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Lusamine shut her eyes until things stopped moving. She'd thought she was accustomed to heights. How many times had she sat on the railings back at Aether, stared at the drop, high enough that the difference between the water and cement would be negligible, and continued to sit anyway. What had changed since then?

She decided not to answer that question.

The second the ferris wheel stopped, she hopped down, took Linden's arm, and returned to the group.

"Are you alright," he asked. "You're shaking."

"Didn't fall or anything," she whispered back.

"I think you're supposed to ask the next question, Lucy."

"Fine. Who's next?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Unlike Lusamine, Kora remained on the ferris wheel by her lonesome. Without someone else needing to be safe, she had full reign to swing the car to her heart's content. Which was still difficult, but that made it more fun! It went back and forth, still slowly spinning around and around, and it was actually enough to get the wind flowing through her hair. When she made it back to the top, only one thing came to mind.

Something stupid fun!

"CAN I GET A HOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, jumping way up high and pumping her fists in the air. On the way back down though, Kora quickly found out that landing on a swinging car, way up high in the air, was difficult. So difficult that Kora straight up didn't manage it. "--Oop,"

And down the human girl went. Down, down, down to the bottom of the ferris wheel. "WOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Kora cheered, spinning happily in the air. Vix watched, arms crossed, wondering what could possibly be going in Kora's mind, and quickly realized that the answer was most likely "nothing at all."

Fortunately, Kora stopped before she hit the ground, floating in mid air and giggling like a bubbly idiot. "Oh man, that was wicked!" she snickered, floating aimlessly back to the group. "Anyone else want a turn on the ferris wheel? It's a whole lot more fun going down the fast way than waiting for it to go all the way around. I can catch y'all if ya wanna!"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Odette?!?! What's wrong?!?!?! Who are you talking to?!?!?!?!"
Odette stopped in her tracks and got visibly tense. She tucked her hands behind her back, as if that would somehow erase her injuries. With a very wonky smile, she forced a laugh.

"Ah, nothing," she said. "Just the, uh, mosquitos." She inhaled sharply. "I have, um...diagnosed anger management issues, and sometimes, I..."

"...forget to do your breathing exercises," Dorien finished.

She nodded in agreement. "Forget to do my breathing exercises."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
So difficult that Kora straight up didn't manage it. "--Oop,"

And down the human girl went. Down, down, down to the bottom of the ferris wheel.
Lusamine looked back at the ferris wheel to see if the other girl would follow, just in time to see...

Oh. This would be Linden's first time watching someone die, wouldn't it? Unless he simply didn't notice, but she doubted that was likely. He was an astute sort of person, despite everything.

Wait. Nevermind. She came levitating back. How... unusual. She narrowed her eyes at the girl who should be dead. "I suppose it falls to me to ask truth or dare?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Wait. Nevermind. She came levitating back. How... unusual. She narrowed her eyes at the girl who should be dead. "I suppose it falls to me to ask truth or dare?"

"Yep!" Kora yipped, landing on the ground and dusting herself off. "Gimme a dare! I already got my new blood pumping!"

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Gimme a dare! I already got my new blood pumping!"
Hmph. She should've figured. So much for getting answers out of her.

She shut her eyes, thinking. Two of the fingers on her left hand placed themselves on her upper lip as she thought. What kind of dare do you give to someone who has no fear for even their life?

Somehow, the question felt a lot simpler when she put it that way. She just had to pursue some other avenue of vulnerability, instead. Emotional vulnerability? That would have to be a truth, she knew that. It was why she'd chosen to avoid that option herself.

"I dare you to demonstrate the full extent of your power."

Perhaps she could squeeze the truth out of them, after all...

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora blinked, not as excited as as she once was. Actually she looked incredibly unsettled, holding her hands over her chest and shaking her head. "I, uh, don't think that's a good idea... Kinda hard to show the extent of my power when I don't know what that is. And I don't wanna get anyone hurt either."

She looked over to Zinnia, then back to Lusamine. "If that's your dare, then I'd like to change to a truth, please?"

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"You'll need to get those mosquitos checked out. I'm worried about you."
"Oh believe me. I'm already very concerned myself." She felt her eye starting to twitch, and the tighter she balled her fists, the more they hurt, and the more blood she felt pouring out. The corners of her eyes prickled with involuntary tears from the absolute ache she was feeling.

Dorien calmly maneuvered next to her and looped his arm into the crook of hers. "We're actually on our way to the first aid booth for some, eh...bug spray. It should help for now, right?"

She nodded again. "Surely, yes."

They both flashed eerily similar smiles, before walking off for the big red cross.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"I, uh, don't think that's a good idea... Kinda hard to show the extent of my power when I don't know what that is. And I don't wanna get anyone hurt either."

She looked over to Zinnia, then back to Lusamine. "If that's your dare, then I'd like to change to a truth, please?"
Fascinating.

Lusamine's voice dropped to a quiet, icy tone. "What are you?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lusamine's voice dropped to a quiet, icy tone. "What are you?"

Then, just as quickly as Kora's excitement faded into an unsettled worry, that changed into a cold, dead stare. She clutched her chest tightly, feeling her heart pounding against her chest, and her body burn from the inside out. A sudden, intense, vile bitter taste filled her mouth, but her expression didn't change.

What are you?

And to think, Kora first believed Dorien to be the only uppity jackass here. That this place was gonna be fun.

What are you?

Kora hated how easily he could tell who was a scientist and who a normal person just by how they asked that three-word-phrase. It made him feel sick. He wanted to leave. What right did those "brainiacs" have to talk to anyone like that?

"You mean, who. Who am I," Kora corrected Lusamine, crossing her arms. "And I am Kora. There's nothing else to it."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
They eventually made it over to the booth. Dorien headed inside, and when Odette tried to follow, he turned around and pointed to the bench that was right outside of it.

"No, you're going to go sit," he said.

She quirked a brow at him. She tried not to raise her voice, but she damn well wanted to. She might have been mad, but she still had a façade to keep. "Why?"

"What exactly are you picking up with your busted up hands?"

"Plenty," she snapped back.

"Then I guess you don't need my help since you're so able bodied. Maybe you won't accidentally touch something that'll make those pretty hands swell up more. I'm sure it's fine."

Gods, if I wasn't bleeding all over myself, I'd fucking--

She forced a grin that she didn't worry about perfecting, then stomped over to the bench and threw herself down on it. She wasn't there for very long before Dorien returned, carrying a bottle of alcohol, some gauze, tweezers, and bandages. He sat them all down, then doused one of the pieces of gauze in alcohol.

"Elbows, please," he said softly as he kneeled in front of her.

She shot an icy look at him. "You can't just use soap and water? It'll hurt less."

"Yeah, let me go find the antibacterial soap at a carnival," he replied.

With an angry huff, she raised her damaged arms. She hadn't realized just how bad she'd skinned them until she saw how far down the blood had traveled. She decided to distract herself from the fact that that alcohol was about to provide some grade A stinging, and the fact that she was letting Dorien help her, by observing the nearby confrontation between Lusamine and Kora.

"Aaaaand things get--OW!"

She flinched back as the wet gauze touched her skin. Another angry huff fell out of her as she made herself lean back into it, and she grit her teeth through the burn as Dorien lightly rubbed off the dirt and blood from the wounds.

"Well, to be fair, things were heated from the get-go. Neither of them really know how to keep their mouths shut," Dorien said, his eyes locked on her elbows. "Figures two nosy people butt heads."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"You mean, who. Who am I," Kora corrected Lusamine, crossing her arms. "And I am Kora. There's nothing else to it."

"You've already told me who you are."

Lusamine bit her lower lip. She'd hit a nerve. Perhaps she should have expected as much.

"I thought for a moment there that I'd just watched you die. Can you at least tell my why you aren't?"

Top Bottom