• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Vaporwave Frontiers (PMD Quest)

Info
  • Poivron

Fruit or vegetable?
    ➤ Info

This is my attempt at a forum quest! To vote, reply with an [x] next to the option you want. You don't have to vote for everything.

[x] Esher
    [x] The Explorer's Guild

I'll tally up votes after a few days. I'll take every vote into account when possible, but in votes where only one choice can win, I'll use the most popular option and roll a die for tiebreakers.

The quest will be light on number crunching, focusing on character interaction and exploration. There will be violence and possibly death, but I'll try to keep things from getting too depressing. I'm not experienced with quests, so I may fiddle with the systems a bit.

Hope I posted this in the right place. I'm not that experienced with forums either, so apologies in advance if I screw something up.

Moves have 3 competence levels, with 1 being barely learned and unreliable, 2 being average skill, and 3 being mastery. It's purposefully vague, since this quest isn't very number heavy.

You can have any number of moves, though it's rare to have more than a few. There are no levels or experience points in this quest. New moves, or increasing the competence of existing moves, occur through training or pushing yourself to the limit.

The quest is less about combat applications of moves and more about using them creatively to solve problems.

Like other things about how the quest is run, the system might change if I don't like how things are working out.

Esher - Sableye ⚥

Ability: Keen Eye
    (Has perfect vision, even in extreme darkness.)

Moves
    • Shadow Sneak (Ghost) - Competence 2: You have minor control over shadows, and can move them to attack nearby enemies. If you really stretch yourself, you can teleport through them. But only a few feet. And it's exhausting. You'd rather not, really.

Inventory (in your bag)
    • One business card from Elida. It reads:
    The Memory Emporium
    Pipe District - Winding Ladder Street - B2934
    Open 12h - 22h, every day!
    BONUS DISCOUNT: TEN PERCENT OFF YOUR FIRST PURCHASE​

Money
    • Nothing! Unless you count...

DEBT: 50,000 G (12,000 G paid off)

Mago ~ Vulpix ♂

Ability: Flash Fire
    (Strenghtened by and immune to fire.)

Moves:
    • Ember (Fire) - Competence 3: Spit a small ball of fire. Which can turn into a lot of fire, if you do it again, and again, and again, and spray fire all round you, and set your enemies ablaze, and your friends, and...
    • Incinerate (Fire) - Competence 2: Spit a roaring stream of fire. Which fades away quickly, but is great at burning things, including things that shouldn't be burned, and the fire does spread if you're not careful...

Items: Doesn't seem like he has anything on hand, besides Elida's business card. Same as you, really.

Elida ~ Elgyem ♀

Ability: Telepathy
    (Communes with the minds of those in close range, excepting Dark types.)

Moves:
    • Confusion (Psychic) - Competence 2: Flood the mind of one creature within range with a deluge of psychic nonsense, temporarily stunning them. Prolonged use can cause headaches and migraines in the target.
    • ?

Items: ?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom