• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Tree of Life ~ Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Okay, okay. Um--

No matter what happens, my dark power is flowing through Bahamut. He will not fall to Maple's assault... for now.

Oh! Okay, then... Bahamut, I'll leave this to you! You can switch with me, and Xernatus can try leaving something behind before rejoining with Diyem! We just have to make sure she doesn't find them... I'll run, too!

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Tell him to try summoning more phantoms if he can. One offensive to pester Maple, one defensive. Make Maple think she's closing in on Diyem because of more activity. I'll be right over."

He frowned at Diyem, who hadn't answered his question about how much time he needed. "Send some sort of telepathic signal when you're powered up. I fear Maple might sense your power-up and make a beeline for you."

And with that, he was off again.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Xernatus!" Owen cried. "Make more phantoms! Offense and defense! And then keep running!"

Xernatus might have heard some of that. Hopefully it would be enough, just as Owen disappeared in Bahamut's place.

"Hello," Diyem grumbled.

"Hi, Diyem!" Owen grinned. "Doing well?"

"...Just about."

Diyem used Abyssal Ritual, twice!

A horrible growl escaped the dark god's throat. "Bring her to me," Diyem said, simultaneously aloud and for them to hear. "I am ready. Where is she?"

"Um, somewhere across the Tree..." Owen hesitated. "Are... you good, now?"

"I will never be good." Diyem slammed his hammer into the ground and it disappeared, coalescing around his rapidly blackening scales. "But I am Darkness."

"So cool..."

Silently in Owen's bag, Cal disagreed.

"...Hmph. But there is one thing I should do, first."

Diyem focused and channeled some energy...
Vix regained her Valor!

Xernatus summoned two phantoms and then fled to MC! The two phantoms were Pine and Pita!

Pita used Protect+2!
Pine used Swords Dance!

Maple attacked the wall from BR to MR, destroying it!
Maple moved to MR!
Maple used Judgement - Ground! Bahamut's Gambit protected against it!
Maple used Blinding Slam!
Pita: Blocked!
Bahamut: 226
Pine: 3785

Maple used Blinding Crescent! It pieced Resistance boosts!
Pine: Blocked!
Bahamut: 1871, Endure!
Pine: 8027

Maple finished with Blinding Blade! It pierced Defense boosts!
Pita: 10662
Bahamut: 1622, Endure!
Pine: 8897, destroyed!

Bahamut is Staggered!

Meanwhile, further up as Nate and Rocky searched the Tree, they found something peculiar in the top center room. It was still crackling with residual Eterna energy, but after what was mentioned about hidden passageways and other possible sealed areas... Was there something in the back? The back of the center-top room, an odd alcove...

But there was also something else. A cruel aura. They were being watched by something, yet it did not make a move. Was it dangerous to get closer?

"Nnnnngh..."

That was a new, deep voice, somewhere far and further away. The top right of the labyrinth...

Maple: 9,999
An unknown presence is near...

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Nrrgh!"

Bahamut slammed against one of the tree's walls. Good thing he didn't have a spine. The whiplash might've killed him otherwise. "Krr... rrr... hah..." He slumped down, body dimming. "I see it now. We truly are... reflections of a cracked mirror." Bahamut's mismatched eyes bubbled like lava lamps. "You don't deserve... someone like Joule. You only deserve... someone like me. Because we're cruel... and twisted. We only know destruction... and power. That's all you can think about it, isn't it? Obliterating Dark Matter."

He put his right wings against the wall, trying to signal to the phantom to generate sunlight to help him heal them both. But then he felt something awfully strange in the back of his mind. Had Diyem's stupid ritual thing finished?

"I don't know what you're planning, but I suggest channeling your power toward further fortification. Or, hell, share it with the rest of the team. Let Maple come to you, not vice versa." He struggled to wrap his wings around branches, but eventually managed to hoist himself up. "We have no idea where Eternatus and Mewtwo are. At least for the latter, I'm worried it's lying in wait, hoping you and Maple will strike at one another so it can collect the energy from your blows. And is this not the bait the team fell for with Soda?"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Rocky got rolling again, now and then emitting a burst of golden light. He only hoped that everybody could feel it even all the way in the Voidlands, in Maple's Voidlands, however far away that was. Marshtomp was distant now, too.

Rocky was nervous. It didn't feel like he should be, even though he was alone and there were scary people around. But he was, and it only got worse as he went deeper into the tree. There was something here, he realized. And it was something that felt almost familiar.

Marshtomp, I think I found Xerneas. It's like Xernatus said, there's a little spot in the back, and I can feel there's something like Eternatus there.

Nate watched as darkness spread across Diyem's scales. Was this what the rest of the team had been talking about? Like he was doing some kinda mega evolution thing? Great. Diyem's about to go apeshit on Maple, so while she's distracted, we--

But there's something else! Rocky was pressed up against the wall, hoping for once that he wouldn't stop glowing. He tried to make his telepathy like a whisper. It's the mewtwo! I think he's here, too!

Ah, shit. They couldn't possibly deal with both those things at once, not with Maple still wigging out all over the place. Leave Xerneas alone for now. Go left! We don't want that guy showing up to fuck with us while Diyem's fighting Maple.

To the rest of the home team he thought, Rocky found Xerneas, and that mewtwo, too. I'll see if he can distract the guy for now, but we might need to worry about him showing up soon.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Aaaaaand that's why Diyem needs to stay as far forward as possible. We can try to keep Mewtwo around the middle and back if necessary."

Wonderful. Delightful. If he was in his old body, he would gladly whip up mewtwo flambé. He did it before and he could do it again. But no. He was stuck in this worthless backup body. Fitting. As useless for this situation as his attitude was for the team.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I--I shall try," Xernatus said, but he still looked unsure. He didn't know immediate if there was a way to help Bahamut, so instead, panicking, he said, "I--I'll do this!"

Xernatus formed another phantom! It became Reshiram!
Reshiram used Sunny Day!
Xernatus moved to MR and used Heal Pulse on Bahamut!

Owen reappeared and used Brilliant Aether, protecting himself, Xernatus, Pita, and Reshiram!

Diyem moved from BL to BC, then used Abyssal God!
Diyem is fully unleashed!
Diyem Called the team!

I am ready to fight... Thank you for the struggle up to this point. But now, the tides have turned.

And at that very moment, Maple seemed to wince, then curl inward in slight pain. Something just happened within--Diyem could feel the change in the air. Had they done it?

Maple lost 8 Valor!
Maple struck at Xernatus, Owen, and Reshiram twice, destroying Protect barriers!
Maple used Judgement - Ground!
Owen: Protect!
Xernatus: 246
Pita: Protect!
Reshiram: 1164

Maple used Blinding Crescent on Owen, Xernatus, and Pita!
Pita: Protect!
Owen: 481
Xernatus: 752

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"If we're going to engage her directly, we need to draw her closer to the back of the tree with us." Bahamut looked toward where Diyem had moved. "If you want to make your presence known from where you are, that might be safer than moving deeper."

He knew that Diyem was focused more on Maple, but there was still that nagging feeling about what else could be lurking further in. Dare he suggest trying to do something about it?

It was just an eternatus.

... a very different eternatus from what he knew.

What did it matter? It was still that thing's fault that Cibus was in crisis. And that same corrosive energy had fucked Maple up immensely.

... but it wanted to do the right thing, didn't it?

No, what did it matter? The road to hell is always paved with good intentions, and Bahamut knew that more than anyone else.

"... but you're still here, aren't you?"

The necrozma blinked. That soft voice. Chiron?

"What happened to you? Where is your compassion?"

Bahamut gnashed his crystalline beak and whipped his tail against a gnarled segment of wall. "Owen, I can switch places with Xernatus and ease your corruption. If Diyem wants to draw Maple toward him... we could move deeper into the tree and investigate what's coming from the top right."

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Nate frowned at the ceiling; without realizing it, he was mirroring Owen's tendency to stare while he talked over telepathy. Reluctantly, he responded. Yeah. We know where the mewtwo is. More or less. We need to figure out what's going on with Eien, too.

He sent another thought reaching towards his familiar. Rocky, what's going on with the mewtwo?

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Then I guess... I will go investigate. The only question is whether you're coming with me or not, Owen."

This was stupid. After all the (ignored) statements to the team, Bahamut was going to drop everything and for what? For a chance at saving an analogue to the thing that had taken everything from him. Who had partnered with someone who would only grow stronger— hell, who was built from emotions like the heartbreak of losing a loved one.

Purple lights twinkled on the mangled bark in front of him. Bahamut tucked his head down.

Did he really not feel anything? No desire to prevent Diyem from sharing such an experience? No hope at what an allied eternatus could bring to the team?

Maybe power... is all I have... because I'm empty...

It was time to switch again. But this dance wouldn't be with Owen.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"GRAH!" Maple shrieked again just as Owen and Bahamut made it to the top right of the labyrinth.

Maple lost all her Valor!

Diyem's Abyssal Onslaught chained into itself and struck Maple, dealing a total of 3870 damage! Diyem healed 387 damage!

Maple's Blinding Onslaught dealt 163 damage to Diyem!
Maple's Blinding Blade dealt 121 damage to Diyem!

"And so, here we are," Diyem snarled, already ascended into his divine form before rushing to meet Maple, dragging her to the center of the labyrinth even as she slashed and slashed. Her healing powers were gone. Her prowess... His team within Maple were doing their jobs.

Now, he had to end it...

Maple is weak. she is helpless against me, Diyem reported. ...But she is still hostile. I will continue to fight. And, if I must...

Meanwhile, Owen and Bahamut arrived... It was there that they saw Eien--curled up, embedded into the wall, twitching now and then, but most certainly battered and weakened. She didn't look like she was in any state to fight... But when they entered, Owen immediately gestured to the left. Mewtwo was watching... He looked injured as well. Was he guarding her?

He couldn't get a read on him. His body was so strange...

I can hold him off for a little while, Owen told Bahamut. And Owen was saying something else to him, too, but it was drowned out by an overwhelming energy--someone reaching out to him mentally.

It's... you.

The voice was overwhelmingly loud in his mind, but it was also kind and gentle. It was... Eien.

I remember you... I... can't fight. But you came. Diyem... he really did...

The emotions flooded out. Relief, joy, fatigue, resignation... and then resolve.

Please...

She didn't explain. But one of her five heads reached toward Bahamut and lowered it, as if surrendering, or asking for something.

I need... to show you... something... And then... you must flee. Hurry... before...

Mewtwo tensed. He could Teleport at any moment. he could attack.

What do they do?

Diyem and Maple are locked in combat! Maple is hostile! Diyem is overwhelmingly winning!

Eien is reaching out toward Bahamut...

Mewtwo is nearby and may react to certain actions.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut froze upon seeing her. She looked so weak. Helpless.

I could kill her.

Even if his aura was tuned to defenses. If he battered her with Shining Blades until the radiance was overwhelming... the explosion could take them both out. Finally. He'd finally be free. He--

That's not like you.

Bahamut grimaced. Why? Why now? Why this... haunting? Was this the shade's doing? To see something it was so perversely affectionate toward in such a broken state... perhaps it could comprehend it?

"Nate? Where are you? Do you still have those capture devices? We need them in the top right now!"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Nate came panting up behind Owen, a little unsteady on his feet. For fuck's sake, he couldn't believe evolving made him miss having to run around on all fours.

It didn't take long to take in the situation, considering Eien was fucking huge and right there. But his heart sped when he saw the mewtwo floating there too, glaring like always. Where was--?

Bahamut wanted to know about the pokéballs. Nate fumbled his bag open without looking down, gaze still scanning the room. He needed at least one for the mewtwo, but yeah, Eien, sure, that could be helpful...

He held one of the pokéballs out to Bahamut. Yeah. I guess if you're gonna talk to her... If she can't get out or won't or whatever, you can try this.

His attention was elsewhere, though. He scanned the knobbly floor of the tunnel, tried to crane his neck to see over roots. Rocky? Where are you?

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
The ball was practically absorbed into Bahamut's body. In reality his light concealed it. It may as well have been floating in a miasma. Bahamut looked between Eternatus and Mewtwo, then Mewtwo and Owen. It looked so... empty. Perhaps he understood that emptiness, but he couldn't divide his attention like that.

But it belonged to a Giovanni. Or it had. What is it anything like the one he killed? What would that mewtwo have been like if Bahamut had simply killed its trainer and let it go. Would it have turned out more like Karat? Might it have been able to find... something resembling a soulmate?

Bahamut's colors swirled around to practically resemble proper eyes that, in turn, darted around. Owen's psyche... the feeling of being used. Can it come together?

... is there anything left beyond a husk?

Why was Bahamut bothering with this mental gymnastics? Because he couldn't just destroy these problems. That was the easy way. He wanted the easy way, but it was impossible. Why? Why was this planet continuing to laugh at him?

"Owen?" Bahamut focused. If he was going to approach Eternatus, he needed to be clean of all blacklight taint. "I do not know... if there is truly anything that resembles a soul in Mewtwo. But if you consider why it exists in the first place, then I mean it when I say that you are, perhaps, the only one here beyond Karat who understands what it has gone through. The turmoil in its mind.

"Karat is too far to reliably summon. Nor do I think he would help. If anyone can try to get it to react... it's you."

He waited for Owen and Nate to make moves. Then, Bahamut shot toward Eternatus. It was a link he did not want to make.

... but since when did this planet give him anything he wanted?

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen flinched, but Bahamut was already dashing toward Eien.

The only one who understands...

Owen stared at Mewtwo with a softer expression, but he was still cautious. And indeed, the moment Bahamut tried to rush for Eien, Mewtwo twitched and made a move--he didn't allow it. His ethereal form stood in front of Mewtwo with several Overheats floating behind him, and Mewtwo recognized that as an impassable wall.

So Mewtwo was still weak. That's what he deduced.

But now, the two were in a staredown...

--

Bahamut's senses left him for an instant, and then returned.

He stood in the eye of a red-purple hurricane, blotchy with smog and smoke. And then the fog lifted, revealing the base of the Tree of Life in a thick, morning-blue mist.

Ahead stood a figure with a red flame. Another Charizard, because apparently Bahamut couldn't escape them. But the colors... it was an Eternatus masquerading as one. Or her spirit, or whatever Eien had become after interacting with Diyem for so long.

She looked exhausted and on the ground, unable to move.

"I hope... this form agrees with you more," she said gently. "Is that what Diyem has been doing... lately?" She stared at Bahamut with pupil-less eyes. This was nothing like the Eternatus he knew. "Oh... I've truly made a mess of things... haven't I?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Of course this was what he was looking at. Forget rubbing salt in his wounds. This planet was trying to pump Bahamut full of ocean water and see if he'd pop like some ethereal balloon.

Bahamut stared at her. Or was he looking past her? Either way, his affect was as flat as Brisa's crush on Stars was obvious.

"You... are the second alien to this planet to tell me that." Bahamut's tone was completely neutral. "The first one looked like me. And now the second one is..." His head tendrils pulsated. The first movement he made beyond the opening and closing of his beak. "As much as I do not want to admit it, you are... my dimensional counterpart."

At least, that was his conclusion.

"Where my spirit was nearly broken by planets driving me away time after time, you did not stop intervening, did you? Otherwise, you wouldn't be here." Bahamut looked around. Perhaps "here" wasn't the right word, but it mattered not. "And we both settled with spouses bearing terrible curses. Curses that have forever tainted our souls. But mine is gone and yours... wants nothing more than to have you back. Though he refuses to say it. I assume that is his nature. He is not allowed to hope, so he has braced himself for the despair of losing you for good."

His tail lashed at the air. What was he doing? She had no reason to care about any of this, just as he was conjuring a reason— no, an excuse to try and feel like his so-called heart was in this.

"... forget it. You wanted to show me something, didn't you?"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
I'm here! Rocky called to Nate, and the marshtomp relaxed, absently putting out a hand to lean against the wall.

What the fuck was that about? Why weren't you answering?

I didn't want the mewtwo to hear! Rocky rolled out around a tree root and over to where Nate stood. He didn't want to go after me, so I followed him instead. I think he's distracted now, though.

Yeah. The mewtwo seemed to be having some kind of staredown with Owen. And Bahamut was over there, communing with the eternatus or whatever the fuck. Nate wavered. Toss the pokéball now, while the mewtwo was focused on Owen? But if it failed, he got the sense that all fucking hell was about to break loose.

After a moment he bowled the last pokéball gently so it ended up near Owen. I dunno if there's any chance of getting through to that guy, but if you ain't getting nowhere, and you see an opening--try that for me, huh? he thought at the charizard. Hopefully he could still handle it in the state he was in. I want to see if we can bring him back with us and break him out of whatever the fuck's got ahold of him.

With some reluctance, he turned away and rested a hand on Xernatus' leg to get the... whatever the fuck he was' attention. "Come on," he muttered as quietly as he could. "Let's go check out that alcove you mentioned earlier, okay? Rocky knows the way." The familiar rolled on ahead, not that Xernatus should have any trouble knowing where to go. They'd take the long way around if the faster path would mean they'd have to pass the mewtwo.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
But mine is gone and yours... wants nothing more than to have you back. Though he refuses to say it. I assume that is his nature. He is not allowed to hope, so he has braced himself for the despair of losing you for good."

His tail lashed at the air. What was he doing? She had no reason to care about any of this, just as he was conjuring a reason— no, an excuse to try and feel like his so-called heart was in this.

"... forget it. You wanted to show me something, didn't you?"

Eien stared, listening, attentive. She seemed pensive, even though her fatigue.

"Yes," she said, like a whisper. "Diyem... cannot feel hope without pain. But still... he tries. He truly, truly tries. Otherwise... he would not be here... would he? That is how I know... he is not at all what he used to be. He's... changed. Oh, how he has changed..." She spoke tearfully, a strange, white mist floating off of her eyes. "But... but I can't. I still..." She reached out, and then Bahamut would see it. Sick, rotten and blackened chains tied to her body, to her arms, along her legs, pierced deep into her torso, visible only when she tried to move. Ensnared.

"You... perhaps because you are familiar with my species... then you are also familiar with... measures made against my kind. Energies meant to counteract mine. To vanquish me... to repel me... I am very familiar. So familiar..." Eien smiled at Bahamut. "Diyem will object. He certainly will. But if all goes wrong... if I cannot be saved... I must give you the chance to at least save this world from me.

"Please... take this, and give it to the god of this world. He will know what to do.

"And... if I cannot escape these bindings... do not tell Diyem. He would never forgive me..." She smiled, looking away.

Two images appeared in front of Bahamut. Silhouettes. And no matter what knowledge Bahamut would have of these creatures, the energy signatures could not be replicated--not until Eien had gifted them to Bahamut to transfer.

"That Mewtwo is controlling me... Or, perhaps... the thing inside of him is. What a horrible thing... born of nothing but malice and pain and emptiness... If the only way to save such a being is to kill it, I do not know... But he and I share the same fate. And I... I am willing to accept it. For this world, and all worlds beyond, I must."

She lowered her head again.

"I've gone on for so long. I'm sorry. I know you do not have much time... Nor do I."

--

I dunno if there's any chance of getting through to that guy, but if you ain't getting nowhere, and you see an opening--try that for me, huh? he thought at the charizard. Hopefully he could still handle it in the state he was in. I want to see if we can bring him back with us and break him out of whatever the fuck's got ahold of him.

Owen glanced warily at Nate, but only for an instant, before his ethereal form looked back to Mewtwo. Still a staredown. Was he waiting for something? Or was he truly stopped.

"I know what you went through," Owen said. "Maybe not the same way... maybe not for as long... but I know it. And now, the... I don't know what led you to do this, but... you don't need to keep going. You don't need to be a weapon... Mewtwo. Do you have a name?"

No response whatsoever. It continued to stare.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut looked at the silhouettes. His expression somehow seemed to grow even emptier.

Two canines. One wielding a blade. One shrouded in a crest.

A man with white hair, decked in white armor, yelling. The canines lunging toward a ball of fire.

"... pew?"

"Chiron! Io!"

Flames erupting in a massive vortex.

"I was your starter! Your partner! And you abandoned me! But... puhuhuhu... it doesn't matter. I don't need you. I don't need
any of you! Look upon me! Look upon my beauty! And with this power... eternity itself will be in my grasp!"

The canines are swallowed by the flames. Then the man.

He knew this contingency. This contingency was empty on Etherium. But Cibus was oh so different. So perky. Optimistic. Full of miracles. If these "Overseers" existed, they clearly divvied out the miracles in such lopsided fashions that some dimensions ran on them and others languished. And really... was that any different from mortals being born on Etherium? No cosmic force determined what kind of life they'd be born to into. Noble or commoner. Privilege or poverty. It was... a spiritual dice roll.

And here Bahamut was being given the anti-miracle. The keys to a bad ending. Not bad for him. Or for his teammates... physically speaking. Emotionally some of them might not handle it. But he had centuries of scorn under his wings.

He slowly moved his tail toward the silhouettes. "That charizard you saw with me? His soul had a similar blight upon it. But—" He tucked his head down. "His friends freed him from the hex. Its energy... I will bet it is the same as what is causing your present predicament.

"I have no stakes in this conflict. I came from an empty life and will return to it unless Diyem is destroyed." Bahamut looked left, as if he was back in his body trying to find Nate. "But my teammates are not going to accept anything that isn't the best outcome. Which is why... I could smuggle you back to Destiny Village... where the more hopeful of my allies can work to undo the seals themselves.

"I have a capture device in my possession. I could use it. Speaking from experience, the process is a bit startling, but less so if you do not struggle." Bahamut frowned and finished wrapping his tail around the silhouettes. "Humans foolishly stand by and let the pokémon struggle around and break out... but with my larger frame, I could wrap the ball up. Make it that much more likely to succeed.

"And if you agree... then I will discretely take this contingency to Arceus, as you request. Your spouse might be tied to my mind, but I am still psychic. I can fortify secrets." He sighed. "I doubt any of my allies would even be willing to etertain this request, anyway."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Eien laughed. "I know they will find a way," she said. "I do not know your team well... but how you speak of them... it reminds me of how Diyem speaks of those he likes."

The mental link was weakening. Eien frowned. "The capture sphere won't work on me, I'm afraid. I've... already been claimed. But now that you have been given something to defeat me, if all else fails... I feel... more at peace. More at ease that, even if you fail to save me... you can save everyone else. I... I would accept that. But... as you said... your allies will not."

And as everything dissolved away, Eien smiled one last time. "Goodbye, Bahamut. And thank you for the company."

The chains tightened. She winced. She tried to keep a calm demeanor. But there was a hint of terror in her eyes.

---

"Are you done?" Diyem snarled at Maple, who looked lost and dazed. Diyem held back on his further attacks, waiting to see what she would do next. He stared in particular at her chest, which was darkening considerably. "What... is--"

Starr's Blacklight Z-Burst dealt 319 damage to Diyem!

"...Rude."

Diyem rubbed a paw on his nose, then studied Maple closely. Still dazed. She wasn't attacking.

What happened? There is a hole in Maple's chest. I sense... Void within it. And... you all. In fact, my Abyssal Tethers are coming from it, too...

And Diyem sensed something else, too, between the Voidlands and Cibus, like it was a tunnel between the planes. A spot in between... "Hmm..."

--

Deep in the halls in the hidden corridor of the Tree of Life, Rocky would get a sense of similar dread that Owen had shared to Nate. But it was weaker and inert, more like a barrier than something alive--or whatever that parasite was. A little further, Rocky would find a seal on the wall that looked similar to the depictions of Eien's five heads, pulsing with Eterna Blacklight energy. It seemed to absorb the light and aura around it. Getting too close had a weakening effect, even for him.

--

Mewtwo continued to do nothing but stare, even as Bahamut was separated. But then, Mewtwo drifted closer to Owen.

"Just listen," Owen urged. "You don't need to follow Giovanni, or that... that Blacklight thing, or anything else! You can be... you!"

No response directly, but it did stop again, staring. Owen couldn't get a single read off of him. His Perceive was no longer obscured--there was just nothing to see. In fact, now that Owen had a closer look... Mewtwo didn't even have organs, or a brain. But without Wishkeeper, he had no way to tell if it had spirit...

Bahamut, however, could. And however faint it may be... perhaps it was with that hint of the power Eien had given him, but he could now feel something. A flickering, fleeting, deep presence within Mewtwo.

An actual spirit...

No...

Two spirits. One was asleep. The other... was staring at Owen. Its emotions were a disorienting haze of malice and pain, confusion and coldness all at once.

"Please," Owen begged again. "Are you... there? Can you 'hear' me? What do you want?"

Mewtwo, again, said nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom