• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Team Skull Recruitment Mafia (5th Anniversary Mafia)

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui blinked and tilted her head. “Spirits?”

Phoebe had pointed a vote right back at Victoria with a smile. Which was fair enough, since Rui had been considering voting for her if nobody else did; pushing for an elimination this early had her raising a metaphorical eyebrow, but she wasn’t about to give her the boot over it—not so early in the game, anyway.

Rui shot her hand up in the air, even rising to her tiptoes for good measure. “Well, I’m officially changing my vote! I’m going neutral!”

She then glanced over at Jack—the self-proclaimed Pokemorph who said his skin and antennae were real, somehow—and tried not to stare at the glowing bulbs over his head. Instead, she met his gaze and smiled. “You seem really sharp! Have you played games like this before?” She didn’t agree with his accusations against Phoebe, but he seemed to have a keen eye for suspicious behavior.

Vote: No Elimination

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Oh boy, pronouns lol. The “her” Rui is referring to in the second paragraph is Victoria, not Phoebe. In case that wasn’t clear!]]

Victoria saw that her vote had caused a good amount of discomfort in a few of the other players; weirdly, the player who she had decided to vote out, Phoebe, seemed unbothered. Instead, it had been a different girl who seemed to feel the most unhappy- understandable, as Phoebe had just given her a gift.

"At this stage of the game, the only thing we go by is gut feel. A few signs stood out to me: looking in dark corners as if avoiding something, the comment about how someone might come along at the last minute and break the tie. And after all, an elimination at this stage of the game gives us an immediate advantage, and a wrong elimination doesn't set us back too much.'

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Phoebe had pointed a vote right back at Victoria with a smile. Which was fair enough, since Rui had been considering voting for her if nobody else did; pushing for an elimination this early had her raising a metaphorical eyebrow, but she wasn’t about to give her the boot over it—not so early in the game, anyway.
[[I don't think Phoebe actually voted for Victoria, just tagged Eon? Do correct me if I'm wrong, Pano.]]

She then glanced over at Jack—the self-proclaimed Pokemorph who said his skin and antennae were real, somehow—and tried not to stare at the glowing bulbs over his head. Instead, she met his gaze and smiled. “You seem really sharp! Have you played games like this before?” She didn’t agree with his accusations against Phoebe, but he seemed to have a keen eye for suspicious behavior.
Jack smiled back at the redhead, scratching the back of his head. "Oh, uh, yeah, I'm a big fan of games. Board games or party games or roleplaying, whatever. Sometimes people think I'm a bit intense about it. Tell me if I go overboard with lingo or anything."

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"We're getting down to the wire!" Guzma said. "Better get them votes in if you feel like casting any toDay, brohams."

Votes:
Flyg0n/Anubis - 1 (unrepentantAuthor/Sriracha)
ShiniGojira/Cygnus - 2 (Chibi Pika/Stracion,
Dragonfree/Jack)
Panoramic_Vacuum/Phoebe 1 (
EonDuoLatios/Victoria)
No Elimination - 3 (FauxFox/Spencer,
HelloYellow17/Rui, ShiniGojira/Cygnus)

Not Voting: Flyg0n/Anubis, Starlight Aurate/Derek, tomatorade/Isaac, Panoramic_Vacuum/Phoebe

[[Got a little over 2 hours left in the phase. Just a small heads up, though--I have class tonight that doesn't let out until 9:30 PM EST, so the thread will very likely remain open a little past 10:00 PM EST. Depends on how fast I can make it home!]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I don't think Phoebe actually voted for Victoria, just tagged Eon? Do correct me if I'm wrong, Pano.]]
[[omg you’re right OOPS SORRY. Brain saw the ping and immediately filled it in as a vote. @Sinderella looks like this wasn’t actually a vote FYI!]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“Aw c’monnnn, it’s no fun if no one gets voted out, where’s your sense of drama~”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"The game will be far more interesting if something happens in the night," Anubis pointed out with ane excited grin. "This is rather fun. So many unknowns, why not see how things go? Just for today."

He took another brownie - these were good, it was too bad Koa couldn't make good food like this - and folded his hands. "I am a bit late, it doesn't seem like my vote is needed but why not. No elimination."

[[It's unnecessary unless something really swingy happens, and I wouldn't even be opposed to Cygnus but bc of the role madness stuff I want to see how the night goes.

vote: No elimination]]

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Stracion blew a raspberry. “You guys are boring. Well, don’t blame we if we’re flying just as blind tomorrow because nothing spicy happened.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Aaaaaaand that's a fuckin' wrap for Day 1!" Guzma announced, pushing himself up to stand. "And the final tally is..."

Votes:
Flyg0n/Anubis - 1 (unrepentantAuthor/Sriracha)
ShiniGojira/Cygnus - 2 (Chibi Pika/Stracion,
Dragonfree/Jack)
Panoramic_Vacuum/Phoebe 1 (
EonDuoLatios/Victoria)
No Elimination - 4 (FauxFox/Spencer,
HelloYellow17/Rui, ShiniGojira/Cygnus, Flyg0n/Anubis)

Not Voting: Starlight Aurate/Derek, tomatorade/Isaac, Panoramic_Vacuum/Phoebe

"No elimination for today, sir!" declared Tupp.

Scoffing to himself, Guzma crossed his arms and nodded. "Well, well, congrats. Y'all 'lived' to see the night phase, even through all that vote flingin'."

He gestured to the grunt trio, who all stiffened like trained soldiers as they were regarded again. "These guys'll show y'all to your rooms. And I don't wanna hear no bitching about your amenities; you're in an abandoned mansion, so I don't fucking know what you were expecting, but it's certainly not the Ritz. You're gonna have to deal."

Regarding the group one last time, he smirked. "I'd say 'see y'all tomorrow,' but who knows what the night will bring! Have fun with that, recruitoids."

He frowned for a beat. "Mm...that sounded better in my head. Damn..."

Night 1 Has Begun!
Countdown to Day 2

Last edited:
Day 2 New

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
The following morning, everyone awoke to the sound of an alarm going off. It sounded like one of those obnoxious kitchen timers, yet seemed to be projecting over tinny, crackling speakers. Closer inspection by any given player would show that yes, shitty intercom speakers had indeed been jury-rigged in each of the rooms. Some had been placed on the dilapidated furniture, while others had seemingly been affixed to the walls with haphazard hammer-and-nail jobs, and in some cases, copious amounts of duct tape.

"Rise and shine, recruitoids!" Guzma's voice echoed over the speakers. "Get your asses down to the foyer for Day 2!"

As everyone convened back where they'd been at the start of the first day, they would quickly notice the group had shrunk down. There was a noticeable absence of a young boy in a red hat...

ShiniGojira/Cygnus Plein has been eliminated and sent to the Dunce Room. He was a Homie.'

1. EonDuoLatios: Victoria Liu Xinlong (F)
  2. Panoramic_Vacuum: Phoebe Hawea (F)
  3. FauxFox: Spencer Roberts (M)
  4. Dragonfree: Jack Ray (M)
  5. ShiniGojira: Cygnus Plein (M)
  6. HelloYellow17: Rui Everlin (F)
  7. Chibi Pika: Stracion Decora (F)
  8. unrepentantAuthor: Sriracha (M)
  9. Starlight Aurate: Derek Cummings (M)
  10. Flyg0n: Anubis (M)
  11. tomatorade: Isaac (M)

Day 2 Has Begun!
Countdown to Night 2

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
"GAH!"

Derek leapt out of bed as an alarm suspiciously placed right next to where his head had been laying sounded off. He groaned and rubbed his ears, trying to stop the incessant ringing as he glanced around the room and--reluctantly--listened to Guzma's announcement.'

"Cygnus is gone...?"

That seemed like an odd choice. As far as he could tell, Cygnus didn't seem like a usual high-priority target. He mulled over Cygnus's words from the previous day.

"He did bring up the possibility of third parties, and a few of the others said he was needlessly sowing confusion about it."

He glanced at Stracion and Jack. "I understand that a lot of the voting yesterday was just to get the ball rolling, but you two did vote to eliminate Cygnus--and now he's out. Got anything to say for yourselves about that?"

He leaned back, waiting to hear both of their defenses before pressing further. But, whoever had eliminated Cygnus in the night would also have noticed the votes piling onto him. Maybe Cygnus was eliminated because it would be easy to frame those who had voted for him?

Victoria did not seem surprised by being woken up with the overtly loud alarm clock. Putting on her spectacles, she walked down to the foyer, where the announcement was made, holding the notebook in her hand from the previous day and perusing it.
"I agree; I think there's quite a high chance that one of the two, especially Stracion, is at least one of the bad guys that we are looking for. Why I say this is that yesterday, she seemed quite confident, and that she said that it's "no fun if no one gets voted out, where's your sense of drama"; and this shows that he was trying to get us to vote at least one person out, so that their job will be easier. Something interesting, actually, is that only a single person was eliminated, while there is probably multiple people working against us; I wonder what this means..."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Sriracha cocked his head at Victoria in confusion.

"Why should there be two people gone after the first night? The game would be over in hardly any time at all if that was normal."

He preened at his feathers, trying to remember the rules of the game. Bad guys – called the Mafia, the Scumteam, or the 'Thugs' – usually only killed one player a night. Those were the normal rules of Mafia, right? Even in a weird game, some things were just basic rules.

The morph looked over at Guzma, and whistled a tune to himself in thought.

"If the thugs in this game wanted to get rid of someone, there's loads of reasons why they might choose them, right? Maybe they thought Cygnus wouldn't be protected, or that he would be investigated by a..." He checked his notes scribbled indecipherably on a paper napkin. "A Saggy Nanu? Huh. Anyway, you get it. I think I'd try and get rid of the smartest, loudest homies first, not the ones who look suspicious, but I can at least think of some reasons why they'd pick that Cygnus guy."

[[Ooooooops; I thought it was one person per mafia member, not one person in total. Goddamnit now I seem dumb]]

Victoria nodded, looking back at her notebook.

"Yeah; but they had as little knowledge about each person as we did. That's why I think it's more likely than not that the Mafia were simply attempting to get rid of someone from the get-go via voting initially, and when that didn't work, they decided to go for the kill on that person, having served their purpose. Though; and we really have to try to get into the minds of the mafia here; wouldn't it make more sense to kill someone else instead and try to accuse Cygnus of killing him, thereby allowing them to quite literally kill two birds with one stone...?"

FauxFox

Wandering Fool
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. zorua
"The thugs could also be trying to frame either Stracion or Jack," Spencer offered. "Since they both voted for Cygnus, it would make them seem suspicious now that he has died. Now there is suspicion on two people who might or might not be homies, potentially creating a distraction for the thugs."

Spencer glanced around the room. "And while the thugs might only have one attack per night, this is a role madness game. We can't rule out the possibility of a third party attacking but getting roleblocked or hitting someone who got healed. Hell, the thugs might have hit an immune, and Cygnus might have been hit by a third party instead. Either way, we can't rule out a third party due to the chance of a doctor or roleblocker getting lucky night one."

tomatorade

The great speckled bird
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. quilava
  2. buizel
Waking up, Isaac expected more carnage. He'd felt some fear hearing this was a game of chaos, but only one person being marched off to the time out room seemed lucky, at the very least. Maybe the chaos came somewhere else. He cracked a smile imagining a whole town versus just one serial killer, but that seemed like a strange, unusual punishment for the poor bastard. Even for an eccentric like Guzma.

So he supposed they were just lucky. Well, not that the eliminee was a homie. More lucky that two or three people weren't marched off. Also that he slept on the couch and so didn't have to fight for a spot today.

"It's worth remembering that we were going on nothing the first day," he said, just generally to the room. " I don't think the votes then will tell us much. And like, why would the mafia vote for who they want to kill first day? Or even kill to frame someone? Votes were flying everywhere, nobody knew what was going on yet."

He leaned back. Tried to get cozy again and watch the other players as they woke up.

"There are some people who probably got information last night. I doubt they'd want to share right away, but I think we're gonna start seeing some motives come out now because of that."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jack blinked at Victoria. "Huh? Weren't you yourself pretty adamant yesterday that we should vote for someone? Suddenly deciding now that Stracion wanting to vote for someone is actually super suspicious doesn't make a lot of sense. Like you agreed yesterday, the town trying their best to vote out someone suspicious if they've got a chance to, and at least trying to put some pressure on and probe people, is just sensible strategy. Why the sudden about-face?"

"I disagree. It is imperative that we get a good lead, I feel; and if the price is a single person being voted out, I believe that we can take the chance. After all, if there's the chance, not an insignificant one, may I add, to immediately put our opponents on the back foot, we should take it. As such, if only to break the tie, I will vote for Phoebe. Don't take it personally; but I have a slightly uneasy feeling about her."
"At this stage of the game, the only thing we go by is gut feel. A few signs stood out to me: looking in dark corners as if avoiding something, the comment about how someone might come along at the last minute and break the tie. And after all, an elimination at this stage of the game gives us an immediate advantage, and a wrong elimination doesn't set us back too much.'

He furrowed his brow. "All in all this kill doesn't make too much sense to me. Like, the logic that the mafia'd finish off someone they didn't manage to get voted off sounds like it makes sense, but it doesn't actually make sense in the game. The mafia has no reason to be carrying a grudge against some specific townie just because they tried to kill them once. If someone innocent is catching a bunch of suspicion, but they don't get eliminated, they'd actually be pretty much the last person the mafia would want to shoot, because if that person's still alive the next day, then the mafia can really easily just capitalize on the suspicion that's already on that person and the arguments already being made against them. Even if it was the mafia themselves building the train, they can just keep arguing the same thing they were already and sound like self-consistent townies, which is easier than trying to divert suspicion onto a whole new person. So shooting that person in the night is just making things harder for themselves. You'd only really want to do that if you think they've got a powerful role, like a cop or something. But there's no way they knew that here, because this was the first night, so even if they had something like a rolecop, they wouldn't have gotten a result yet. And in some games this could mean someone swapped the targets or something like that, but there's no target-swapping in this game."

He paused, rubbing his forehead. "So I guess there are a few possibilities for why Cygnus died. One is that the mafia thought they'd picked up something in what Cygnus said yesterday that made them think he might be a cop or something like that. So maybe we can think over what he said yesterday, although I at least didn't pick up anything like that. Another is that whoever's in the mafia just wasn't thinking along those lines at all - like, maybe they haven't played the game that much, or they usually play with different setups or environments where the mafia do like to kill people who are under suspicion for some reason. Another's that this wasn't the mafia at all, I guess - maybe there's a vigilante who agreed with us, or Stracion herself is the vigilante, and they figured since Cygnus escaped elimination they'd go for them in the night instead, or maybe Cygnus targeted a paranoid gun owner. But then something else would've needed to have happened to the mafia's kill. Maybe a lucky doctor or a roleblocker? Or they targeted someone bulletproof or a Hider?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jack frowned as something occurred to him. "You know... yesterday I wasn't feeling great about Victoria, and the whole thing with trying to pin this on Stracion because she voted for Cygnus and the sudden philosophical shift from 'we should vote someone' to 'it's suspicious to have voted someone' really wasn't helping. But also, today she seems to have been totally unclear on how the mafia kill even functions. So unless she's galaxy-brain faking that, I guess she can't actually be mafia? I guess?"

Top Bottom