• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse growled in discomfort.

"What does the game matter, anyway? What happens if I walk right out that door and back to Zeke's two-bit cabin?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia put a claw to its chin in thought. It didn't intend to dampen the festivities, which could only mean...

"Zeke! We're in desperate need of a substitute for some 'unrestrained summer fun'!"

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Palkia put a claw to its chin in thought. It didn't intend to dampen the festivities, which could only mean...

"Zeke! We're in desperate need of a substitute for some 'unrestrained summer fun'!"
Palkia appearing from nonexistence didn’t phase Zeke at all. “Oh, sure. I could use a break,” he said, placing his pen down and getting up to stretch. “What’re we doing?”

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
'Dammit, I couldn't get outta here,' Lee growled internally.

"But, again, what other games do you have, Wii? I feel like you're ignoring me. I was kidding about the thing with the phone, I don't even own one!"
“Hmm, if you’re looking for something more seasonally appropriate, there’s always Cuddle to Cull the Cold,” it offered.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse raised a brow. "And how's that work, then?"

He glanced sidelong at Lee, wondering if the fluffy fella was due another meltdown at the new suggestion.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen breathed a sigh of relief as the game was changed. That sounded much, much better than rubbing lotion onto someone.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
For anyone that would possibly be listening to his mind, they would hear the incredibly sane, coherent, and reasonable thoughts of a wolf in his current situation. 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!'

"Yes, I see?" Lee nodded, unknowingly holding onto Rally to keep himself from falling. Which was a mistake. He seemed to have died again, but he lived. "S-Sorry, Rally."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Oh.

Gen began looking massively uncomfortable again.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Well, that was alright, then. Clothes on, at least. Delphox fur or not, he just didn't feel like a person without some coverings. Jesse approached Lee with his dry grin returning somewhat.

"How about it, partner?" he drawled, offering a paw to walk Lee over to the couch.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee felt his fur stand on end. Fight or flight kicked in almost instantly. But, despite his better judgement, Lee ignored it. This place was hell, and was torturing him, and honestly he'd rather have never came here in the first place... but that didn't mean he couldn't enjoy something. He hesitantly took Jesse's paw, and grinned.

"Better you than anyone else here, I guess," he nodded. There was a brief death from him for a second, but he lived just as quickly.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Palkia appearing from nonexistence didn’t phase Zeke at all. “Oh, sure. I could use a break,” he said, placing his pen down and getting up to stretch. “What’re we doing?”
"Well, apparently it requires suntan lotion despite this stuff having no effect on fur!" Palkia called out cheerfully, holding up the bottle. "I imagine it's a cultural thing."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Well, apparently it requires suntan lotion despite this stuff having no effect on fur!" Palkia called out cheerfully, holding up the bottle. "I imagine it's a cultural thing."

"Actually, we're doing a different game now," Lee chuckled. "Something about cuddling..." Another brief death. Lee was clearly a professional at dying.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse smirked, and pulled the barely-mortal lycanroc into a hug from behind, settling them both into the couch.

"Never mind the scorin' system," he drawled. "Why don'tcha tell me what ya like, partner?"

Jesse moved his paws to Lee's shoulders and put them to work.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee let out a surprised yip, but didn't resist the hug at all. His mind was clouded at first, but as he took the time to breath and relax, he leaned into the cuddle and smiled lightly. He let out a relaxed groan and sighed. Why was he overreacting so much before?

Why don'tcha tell me what ya like, partner?

"..." Lee paused for a moment, then muttered, "This... This is nice, but... C-Could you, scratch behind my ear?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
As Gen looked at Lee and Jesse, he felt lonely. He didn't want anything nearly as...intimate as they were doing, but a hug would be nice.

He tried to hug himself, but his nubs weren't nearly long enough.

Top Bottom