• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The White Elephant in the Room Playground

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite looked helpless. This had been her plan. "I... that's... but that was supposed to..."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse snarled to himself.

"Y'know what? Lynchin' someone fer lookin' like they're lyin' when it could be in our favour don't sit right with me."

He slumped into a convenient armchair. "I've exhausted myself. I'll vote with Palkia."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Much of the party had been silenced by Darkwhite's dejected protests. Mia in particular seemed to be carefully considering something. Palkia decided to do the same. After all, it had every intention to win, and if Darkwhite really could be a useful ally, then...

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
"Illegal questions are punishable by a loss of two candles. They are not permissible and do not reflect whether or not either party ever have they ever done such a thing," the Wii explained in a legal drawl. "Honestly, this is a game of love! Love..." The Wii seemed to contemplate for a moment. "Ah, but what love is truer than boisterous argumentation?" At once, Darkwhite's candles relit. "Don't expect more mercy from me, darling."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Darkwhite looked helpless. This had been her plan. "I... that's... but that was supposed to..."

Lee grumbled to himself, then sucked his teeth and returned to the room the others resided in. Again, he saw someone in need of comfort, and again, he was hesitant to even try. Getting to close to the person people were just suspicious of felt like something someone would use to incriminate him, but... most of Lee didn't seem to care.

"You'll be fine, there's no reason to piss and moan over a plan that turned sour," he said, with his usual brand of gentleness. "You took your shot and missed, so get up and try another."

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Tabitha watched the Scyther girl closely for a few minutes, thinking hard. He pretended to not hear the Mew and Palkia--he would usually discipline the grunts when they were ridiculous, but as he was not superior to the gods, he hoped tuning them out would suffice.

"Very well," he growled. "I vote Darkwhite. At the very least, we will learn."

Without another word, he slunk back under the couch.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Darkwhite winced. "Why?" she said. "Why are you guys voting for me?! What did I do?! Who keeps trying to pin it on me?!"
"L-love?" Darkwhite asked, blinking, and then looking at Palkia. "I... I don't really know if I can fit all of him, though, if we want to take it to that level..."
"So I don't have that mental image again."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I just want to have fun! I don't want to kill people! That's always been how it is!" Darkwhite stared at them all, noticing that a few were looking back coldly. "Please, if we don't have any information, don't vote for me! I can help! I've always been trying to help! Just think back... think back to how much I've been trying to help! Think of the maybe-powers that people might have that you got to give pointers to! And..."

She saw something, a glimmer of hope.

"And if you let me live, I can prove it tonight. Tonight I'll prove which of my powers are real, and it will guarantee that I can only be helpful to the good guys! It's just unwieldy, you know?!"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Things were moving quickly. Almost too quickly. Palkia had wanted things to become interesting... well, it had gotten its wish, one way or another.

The Delphox had handed his vote over. After a single date. That move would be an unmitigated disaster for anyone on the Naughty faction. There was no way around it. Palkia... trusted him.

And then there was Darkwhite...

"I'm withdrawing my vote," Palkia announced. "Perhaps I'll change my mind again. Who knows! Certainly none of you~"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The Wiimote in Palkia's hand buzzed, "Are you playing, or not?" from its speaker.
Palkia's attention snapped to the remote. Ah, yes. They'd been playing a game. "Never have I ever... read anyone's mind." Could psychic-types do that in her universe? Worth a shot.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Darkwhite: Mia, Palkia, Jesse, Tabitha
Skip: Lee, Abigail

"And if you let me live, I can prove it tonight. Tonight I'll prove which of my powers are real, and it will guarantee that I can only be helpful to the good guys! It's just unwieldy, you know?!"

Lee looked back at the screen and winced, then looked to Darkwhite. "I don't..." Lee shut his eyes. "Maybe just..." Whatever words he wanted to say weren't coming to him. So he just... gave up. With a sorrowful sigh, he turned away from Darkwhite. "I'm s--"

"I'm withdrawing my vote," Palkia announced. "Perhaps I'll change my mind again. Who knows! Certainly none of you~"

Lee's eyes lit up for a moment. A grin found it's way on Lee's maw, stretching from ear to ear. He looked to Darkwhite, that grin still on his face. "Don't forget, Jesse gave his vote to Palkia to decide. That's and extra one sparing you, girly! The votes two to four to spare everyone this turn!" he laughed.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Darkwhite's tail drooped and she shook her remote. "How can't I?" she asked. "If someone's sad and they need help but they don't trust me because I look evil of course I'm gonna read their minds. If someone's evil and I wanna see what they're doing of course I'm gonna read their mind to stop them. Sure it doesn't work because they're stronger but... I can at least try!"

Top Bottom