• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

The Dragons' Maw

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Already working on that,” Zack replied with a thumbs-up. He didn’t exactly know why he did it. Was it for emphasis? Reassurance? No matter. “Name’s Zack, by the by.”

“Jack,” the Farfetch’d said with small, quick wave.

“You can call him Jack-o if you want.”
Odette offered a half-assed smile as Enora hopped up on her chair.

“Jack’s fine,” Odette said.

“̴W̴h̶a̸t̴ ̵a̷b̸o̸u̸t̵ ̸J̵a̵c̴k̶a̸s̷s̵?̸”̷ Odile snickered.

Enora lowered her head toward the table. “Again. Real mature.”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Zack glared at Odile, just as unimpressed as Enora was. “Not cool. What’s your deal, anyway?”

“Uh, is there a specific reason why she looks like you, miss?” Jack asked, rubbing behind his head. “Is it some Zoroark illusion magic or…?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Not cool. What’s your deal, anyway?”
Odile snickered. “̵M̷y̴ ̷d̵e̶a̶l̸ ̶i̶s̶ ̵t̵h̸a̶t̵ ̷I̴’̸m̶ ̵a̵ ̸g̸o̴d̷ ̵a̵n̴d̴ ̶I̶ ̵c̵a̸n̶ ̴d̴o̵ ̷w̶h̶a̵t̶e̴v̴e̶r̷ ̵t̷h̶e̵ ̷a̷b̷s̷o̷l̷u̷t̷e̸ ̶f̶u̶c̸k̴ ̶I̷ ̸w̷a̶n̴t̸.̴”̷ ̷

As she spoke, she leaned back against her chair and kicked her feet up on the table as she folded her hands behind her bed. An air of smugness surrounded her…that is, until she realized both Odette and Enora were now glaring at her.

“̸W̶i̵t̵h̶i̶n̸ ̶r̴e̴a̷s̶o̶n̵,̸ ̶o̷f̶ ̵c̸o̸u̷r̸s̴e̵,̸ ̴t̸o̷d̴a̶y̵,̶ ̴b̸e̷c̸a̶u̶s̴e̵ ̶I̷ ̴p̷r̶o̶m̵i̶s̸e̴d̶ ̸I̴ ̵w̷o̷u̶l̷d̶ ̸b̷e̶h̴a̴v̵e̴.̶”̴she corrected herself.

Now please get your feet off the table,” said Enora.

“̷B̴i̵t̶c̷h̷,̸ ̸y̵o̴u̷ ̸B̶U̴I̴L̷T̴ ̶l̶i̵k̷e̴ ̴f̵e̷e̵t̵.̶ ̷H̷A̸.̵”̷
“Is it some Zoroark illusion magic or…?”
To that, Odile let out a belly laugh. It was guttural; almost hysterical. Stupid question wete amuck today, it seemed!

“̴Z̷o̸r̸o̶a̷r̸c̴k̶ ̵W̶I̶S̸H̶ ̷t̵h̴e̵y̴ ̴w̵e̷r̸e̵ ̵a̴s̴ ̴f̶u̷c̸k̶i̶n̵’̴ ̶c̷o̴o̷l̸ ̴a̸s̷ ̴m̵e̴.̶ ̸D̸o̸n̵’̶t̷ ̸i̷n̶s̷u̵l̷t̶ ̶m̵e̷,̸”̶ she jeered. She then pointed to herself proudly. ̷“̴S̵i̴m̸p̸l̴y̶ ̷p̴u̷t̵,̷ ̶o̴n̶ ̷t̴o̷p̷ ̶o̴f̶ ̵m̷y̸ ̷u̵s̴u̵a̶l̷ ̶a̷p̷p̵e̷a̸r̴a̸n̸c̴e̶,̸ ̶I̷ ̸c̷a̸n̶ ̵t̵a̶k̵e̷ ̷t̷h̷e̵ ̷f̵o̶r̴m̷ ̷o̷f̷ ̵m̸y̴ ̵b̴e̸l̵o̷v̷e̴d̶ ̶v̷e̵s̵s̶e̸l̵.̸ ̶I̸t̵’̵s̵ ̸t̶r̵u̷l̸y̶ ̵v̵e̷r̵y̸ ̷c̵o̴m̶f̷o̵r̵t̷a̵b̸l̵e̸,̴ ̶a̸n̷d̶ ̸b̷e̶i̸n̵g̴ ̶t̴h̵i̶s̷ ̸s̸h̴o̴r̶t̵ ̷i̸s̵ ̵a̴ ̸t̶r̸e̴a̶t̵.̵”̷

Odette’s glare only hardened. “You are literally smaller than me when you turn into the weed, idiot ass.”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“So smug,” Zack and Jack said in unison.

“Divine,” the Pidgeotto mused, wings hovering to the sides of his face.

“Unnerving,” the Farfetch’d muttered, lowering his head.

“Literally,” they said in unison.

“So if you’re a god, then that translates to Legend, right?” Zack asked with a bit of hope in his eyes.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“So if you’re a god, then that translates to Legend, right?” Zack asked with a bit of hope in his eyes.
“̵S̸u̸r̶e̶.̷ ̶I̵f̶ ̶y̴o̴u̵ ̸w̴a̴n̵t̶ ̵t̸o̷ ̸u̸s̸e̷ ̵b̷a̸b̶y̶ ̷t̸e̷r̶m̶s̴ ̵f̵o̴r̶ ̵i̶t̸.̸”̵ Odile said dismissively.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Well, you certainly live up to the empress vibes,” Jack said, nodding a few times with his wings crossed. “Both of you. A Trainer with a Legend on her side. It wasn’t easy to catch her, right?” He gave a suspicious look towards Odette. “And that vessel part… It honestly gives me a few chills.”

Last edited:

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Both of you. A Trainer with a Legend on her side. It wasn’t easy to catch her, right?” He gave a suspicious look towards Odette. “And that vessel part… I honestly gives me a few chills.”
Odette huffed, resigning herself to the fact that the rest of her trip was probably just her going to be explaining herself over and over again. She supposed it was preferable to having the whole island running from her, but running on only a few hours of sleep was making this ‘explaining’ thing difficult.

“I was born with her,” she said, meeting his suspicious look with something much more malicious. “Not exactly a normal partnership, so of course it’s going to sound strange. Her type requires a vessel, and that just happens to be me.”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“I see…” Jack slung his leek over his shoulder, still gazing at Odette. “Well, props for putting up with her for so long. You certainly have an unique relationship.”

“Vessel…” Zack mused. “Vessels… Blood vessels? Uh, don’t mind me, I just blurted out what was in my mind.” He turned away and thought aloud a bit more, trying to keep it to himself. “Blood vessel… Type… Blood vessel type… Blood-type… Ew.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Well, props for putting up with her for so long. You certainly have an unique relationship.”
Odette crossed her arms over her chest.

“She’s saved my life. More than once,” she said simply. “So no ‘props’ needed, thank you kindly.”
“Blood vessel… Type… Blood vessel type… Blood-type… Ew.”
Odile narrowed her eyes. “̷T̵h̸a̶t̶ ̸i̷s̸ ̴t̶h̶e̵ ̶t̸y̸p̷i̴n̶g̶ ̸I̵ ̵a̷m̶.̷ ̵I̸s̴ ̷t̷h̴e̸r̸e̷ ̶a̷ ̴p̴r̵o̵b̶l̸e̶m̴?̴ A̷n̸d̵ ̶h̷e̶r̵e̴ ̶I̷ ̵t̴h̴o̸u̴g̷h̶t̶ ̵t̸h̴i̶n̷g̴s̴ ̵w̷e̵r̷e̴ ̵g̸o̶i̴n̵g̶ ̶p̶a̷i̴n̴f̴u̵l̶l̷y̴ ̵w̶e̴l̴l̸.̸”̸

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Odile narrowed her eyes. “̷T̵h̸a̶t̶ ̸i̷s̸ ̴t̶h̶e̵ ̶t̸y̸p̷i̴n̶g̶ ̸I̵ ̵a̷m̶.̷ ̵I̸s̴ ̷t̷h̴e̸r̸e̷ ̶a̷ ̴p̴r̵o̵b̶l̸e̶m̴?̴ A̷n̸d̵ ̶h̷e̶r̵e̴ ̶I̷ ̵t̴h̴o̸u̴g̷h̶t̶ ̵t̸h̴i̶n̷g̴s̴ ̵w̷e̵r̷e̴ ̵g̸o̶i̴n̵g̶ ̶p̶a̷i̴n̴f̴u̵l̶l̷y̴ ̵w̶e̴l̴l̸.̸”̸
“Noproblemherejustthatitsoundskindagrosspleasedon’tsuckmybloodyourHighness!” Zack said quickly while waving his wings in panic.

Jack sighed in disbelief, but he still smiled. “You’ll be alright, friend.” He turned back to Odette.
She’s saved my life. More than once,” she said simply. “So no ‘props’ needed, thank you kindly.”
“I see… I really should try to see beyond that childishness. Legends can be pretty confusing at times.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“I see… I really should try to see beyond that childishness. Legends can be pretty confusing at times.”
While Odile eyed Zack like he was a fresh cut of steak, Odette couldn’t help but snicker in agreement. “At times? Try always,” she said. “I suppose that comes with the territory of being an entity of immense power.”

“̶I̴ ̵c̷a̴n̷’̴t̸ ̵w̷a̴i̷t̷ ̸t̶o̴ ̸f̸i̴n̴d̴ ̷J̶i̵r̸a̷c̶h̸i̴ ̸s̸o̵ ̷I̴ ̵c̶a̶n̷ ̵t̷e̴l̵l̶ ̶‘̸i̸m̸ ̸h̶e̶ ̸l̴o̴o̸k̶s̴ ̸l̵i̴k̵e̸ ̶m̸y̴ ̵b̵r̶o̵t̸h̷e̸r̴’̸s̷—̴“̴

Odette covered Odile’s mouth with a napkin, which the latter began to chew on without a moments hesitation. Odette watched her for a beat, before eyeing the birds again. “Well, this has been an enlightening conversation, but I’d like to get some food into my stomach so I’m not stumbling over myself on my hike today. You have a good rest of your morning, and try not to do anything to get yourselves kidnapped.”

“̸O̵r̶ ̵y̸o̴u̸ ̶c̵a̴n̶,̶ ̷j̶u̴s̵t̷ ̴m̴a̵k̵e̴ ̸s̴u̴r̷e̴ ̶w̶e̴’̷r̵e̴ ̴t̴h̸e̷r̶e̶ ̸t̸o̴ ̴s̷e̶e̴ ̸i̷t̸ ̵s̷o̴ ̶w̸e̶ ̷c̷a̸n̵ ̷c̵a̴t̷c̸h̸ ̴t̷h̸e̵ ̶g̸u̶y̷ ̸d̸o̸i̸n̷g̷ ̷i̶t̶,” Odile said between bites on the napkin.

Odile, please,” Enora whined.

“̷I̵’̸M̵ ̴S̷E̶R̸I̶O̴U̴S̶,̷ ̵W̴O̵U̸L̴D̷ ̸T̶H̴A̴T̴ ̸N̶O̸T̵ ̸B̵E̶ ̴I̵N̵C̴R̸E̶D̸I̴B̴L̸Y̷ ̸H̸E̴L̷P̴F̸U̶L̶ ̶I̵F̸ ̶W̵E̸ ̷U̵S̸E̸D̷ ̷S̶O̵M̵E̸B̶O̸D̷Y̷ ̴A̵S̶ ̷L̷I̵V̶E̵—̵“̵

Enora whipped around to face the birds once more. “Don’t let us keep you from your meal. Morning conversation isn’t really our forte,” she said. “You have a splendid day, and please stay safe out there.”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Thanks.” Jack twirled his leek for a bit before going back to Seb’s table. “Take care as well. See you soon.”

“Yeah, good times,” Zack said, starting to regain his composure as he slid away. “We’ll catch the bad guy for ya. Bye now!”

Seb was in the middle of his waffles as he saw his birds sit with him. “Oh, hey! I got some more of these for ya.”

As Zack and Jack pecked and bit their own waffles, Seb gazed cautiously at Odette’s group.

“You we’re talking with them? Oh yeah, I remember you were trying to fight them, Zack. You got on good terms now?”

The Pidgeotto nodded with a smile.

“Ah, that’s nice. Wonder if she’s nice…”
<<<>>>​

Day 4: Wes does some snoopin

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes paused as he stepped into the dimly lit diner, letting his eyes adjust before taking in the scenery. What an interesting place this was. It was like a cave—meant to seem like a dragon’s cave, specifically—but it was somehow quite cozy. Not many people were here, and it was relatively quiet and peaceful.

It was a welcome change of pace, that’s for sure.

Neo had been a bit mopey since leaving Olivia at the cove, but he perked up at the smell of various meats wafting around the place. Novo, too, sniffed at the air with keen interest.

“We’re not here for food just yet, guys,” Wes said. “Maybe soon, though, okay?”

That seemed acceptable enough for them. They both chirped agreeably.

Wes made his way to the Flygon statue. As he got closer, he realized something wasn’t quite right about it…he frowned when he reached it. This was a Flygon, but…*not* a Flygon. He saw the words “MEGA FLYGON” on a sign next to it, and couldn’t help but snort.

“So, Mega Flygon exists in this world?” he muttered under his breath. “What’s next, a Mega Wigglytuff?”

Actually, that sounded rather terrifying. He’d only seen Wigglytuff once, when watching a tournament at Phenac Colosseum, but he couldn’t forget those unnaturally wide eyes even if he’d wanted to. People said it was cute, but no. It was just creepy as hell. If people wanted cute, they should opt for an Eevee.

He shook the thoughts from his head. Focus. Lack of sleep was making it too easy for his mind to wander.

He flagged down a nearby waiter. “Hey, do you…happen to know about the legendary Pokémon that Xavier said were on this island? And where some of them might be…?” Gods, what a stupid question. If there were any legendary or mythical Pokémon on this island, he doubted it was just a matter of asking them nicely to appear…but then again, Manaphy had just popped up, hadn’t they?

“I, uh, just noticed that this place has a dragon theme, and I know a lot of legendaries are dragon-type, so…yeah.”

Oh, gods, he probably sounded like such a moron.

Novo, meanwhile, decided to get straight to the point. He brushed past Wes and headed to the back of the establishment, sniffing and scanning every nook and cranny in earnest. He hadn’t been so sure about her trainer, but…Mightyena was a good Pokémon. She was nice and smart and loyal. She had a good heart. She deserved only good things—pets and fun battles and lots of bacon. Not getting attacked. Not getting kidnapped.

Novo lashed his tail, anger simmering under his pelt. He would find answers. With Neo and Wes, they would leave no stone unturned.

He reached the back of the cave, a fair distance from the restaurant now, and yowled into the darkness. “Whoever lives here, I need your help!”

@Flyg0n

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb rubbed the sleep off of his eyes as he wandered into the restaurant. “Oh man, I must’ve forgotten to drink coffee. Or maybe I’m losing sleep with all this kidnapping stuff.” He rubbed his face for a moment before looking around. He spotted Wes nearby. “Uh, excuse me. Have you seen two birds around here? A Pidgeotto and a Farfetch’d?”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Wes paused as he stepped into the dimly lit diner, letting his eyes adjust before taking in the scenery. What an interesting place this was. It was like a cave—meant to seem like a dragon’s cave, specifically—but it was somehow quite cozy. Not many people were here, and it was relatively quiet and peaceful.

It was a welcome change of pace, that’s for sure.

Neo had been a bit mopey since leaving Olivia at the cove, but he perked up at the smell of various meats wafting around the place. Novo, too, sniffed at the air with keen interest.

“We’re not here for food just yet, guys,” Wes said. “Maybe soon, though, okay?”

That seemed acceptable enough for them. They both chirped agreeably.

Wes made his way to the Flygon statue. As he got closer, he realized something wasn’t quite right about it…he frowned when he reached it. This was a Flygon, but…*not* a Flygon. He saw the words “MEGA FLYGON” on a sign next to it, and couldn’t help but snort.

“So, Mega Flygon exists in this world?” he muttered under his breath. “What’s next, a Mega Wigglytuff?”

Actually, that sounded rather terrifying. He’d only seen Wigglytuff once, when watching a tournament at Phenac Colosseum, but he couldn’t forget those unnaturally wide eyes even if he’d wanted to. People said it was cute, but no. It was just creepy as hell. If people wanted cute, they should opt for an Eevee.

He shook the thoughts from his head. Focus. Lack of sleep was making it too easy for his mind to wander.

He flagged down a nearby waiter. “Hey, do you…happen to know about the legendary Pokémon that Xavier said were on this island? And where some of them might be…?” Gods, what a stupid question. If there were any legendary or mythical Pokémon on this island, he doubted it was just a matter of asking them nicely to appear…but then again, Manaphy had just popped up, hadn’t they?

“I, uh, just noticed that this place has a dragon theme, and I know a lot of legendaries are dragon-type, so…yeah.”

Oh, gods, he probably sounded like such a moron.

Novo, meanwhile, decided to get straight to the point. He brushed past Wes and headed to the back of the establishment, sniffing and scanning every nook and cranny in earnest. He hadn’t been so sure about her trainer, but…Mightyena was a good Pokémon. She was nice and smart and loyal. She had a good heart. She deserved only good things—pets and fun battles and lots of bacon. Not getting attacked. Not getting kidnapped.

Novo lashed his tail, anger simmering under his pelt. He would find answers. With Neo and Wes, they would leave no stone unturned.

He reached the back of the cave, a fair distance from the restaurant now, and yowled into the darkness. “Whoever lives here, I need your help!”

@Flyg0n

"Oh, I'm sorry I can't say I'm sure," the waiter said with a chuckle. "A few trainers now have asked around about them, but I'm afraid they can be very cautious. Or at least, I've never seen them. But you might ask the head chef? They know a lot of dragon types. Shall I get them for you?"

Meanwhile...

For several seconds there was nothing but silence. Then a young man dressed in a waiters uniform came out from around a corner. He appeared to be in the midst of adjusting the bowtie on his uniform. When he spotted the Umbreon, he paused and tipped his head. "Hey there... Are you alright? Why are you yowling?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Seb rubbed the sleep off of his eyes as he wandered into the restaurant. “Oh man, I must’ve forgotten to drink coffee. Or maybe I’m losing sleep with all this kidnapping stuff.” He rubbed his face for a moment before looking around. He spotted Wes nearby. “Uh, excuse me. Have you seen two birds around here? A Pidgeotto and a Farfetch’d?”
Wes scowled at the interruption before he could stop himself. Couldn’t this guy ask someone else? “No, haven’t seen any,” he said curtly. Little busy trying to solve a damn kidnapping, here.

Neo wasn’t nearly as perturbed, however. He blinked up at the trainer and chirped a hello.
But you might ask the head chef? They know a lot of dragon types. Shall I get them for you?"
Head chef? Oh, what the hell. Might as well. “Yeah, sure, that would be great.”
For several seconds there was nothing but silence. Then a young man dressed in a waiters uniform came out from around a corner. He appeared to be in the midst of adjusting the bowtie on his uniform. When he spotted the Umbreon, he paused and tipped his head. "Hey there... Are you alright? Why are you yowling?"
Novo jumped at the sudden voice and whipped around, back arched and teeth bared—oh. This guy didn’t look like a thread. He shook himself, letting his bristling fur lie flat again, but remained tense and wary. He pointed with his nose to the Flygon statue, then to the back cave. “Bri. Umbri.”

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“No, haven’t seen any,”
“Oh, thanks, either way,” Seb said with a nod. Where could have Zack and Jack gone? Were they kidnapped in his sleep? No, they were able to take care of themselves—but what about him?
Neo wasn’t nearly as perturbed, however. He blinked up at the trainer and chirped a hello.
“Oh, hey.” Seb looked down at the Espeon with some curiosity. “How you doin’?”

Last edited:

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Wes scowled at the interruption before he could stop himself. Couldn’t this guy ask someone else? “No, haven’t seen any,” he said curtly. Little busy trying to solve a damn kidnapping, here.

Head chef? Oh, what the hell. Might as well. “Yeah, sure, that would be great.”

Novo jumped at the sudden voice and whipped around, back arched and teeth bared—oh. This guy didn’t look like a thread. He shook himself, letting his bristling fur lie flat again, but remained tense and wary. He pointed with his nose to the Flygon statue, then to the back cave. “Bri. Umbri.”

"I'll ask him to come by!" The waiter said cheerfully. He turned and strode purposefully away, vanishing briefly through the kitchen doors. A minute passed. The doors swung open again, and a Flygon emerged, wearing a chef's hat and apron. Despite the spring in his movements, his scales looked tough and hardened, and his eyes belied that he seemed fairly old. He weaved through the booths to Wes's table and gave a light bow in greeting. "You wanted to see me?" The tones were garbled, and a little scratchy, but he actually seemed to be speaking human tongue, punctuated by low hiss and warbles.

--

"You want to meet the Flygon?" the waiter asked curiosly. "Or are you looking for something?" There was a gleam to his eye, as if he were fascinated by, or interested in the Umbreon. He crouched down to be on eye level with Novo. "You're searching for something, aren't you? I know a lot of the people here, maybe I can help you find them."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
The doors swung open again, and a Flygon emerged, wearing a chef's hat and apron. Despite the spring in his movements, his scales looked tough and hardened, and his eyes belied that he seemed fairly old. He weaved through the booths to Wes's table and gave a light bow in greeting. "You wanted to see me?" The tones were garbled, and a little scratchy, but he actually seemed to be speaking human tongue, punctuated by low hiss and warbles.
Seb managed to hear the strange sounds nearby, turning to see the Flygon chef. He was taken aback, confused. “Huh? Why is there a Flygon wearing a chef hat? Is this some sorta show going on?”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“Oh, hey.” Seb looked down at the Umbreon with some curiosity. “How you doin’?”
Neo raised his tail as an additional greeting, and replied with another chirp. This guy seemed nice. He wondered if he was the type to share his bacon.

The doors swung open again, and a Flygon emerged, wearing a chef's hat and apron. Despite the spring in his movements, his scales looked tough and hardened, and his eyes belied that he seemed fairly old. He weaved through the booths to Wes's table and gave a light bow in greeting. "You wanted to see me?" The tones were garbled, and a little scratchy, but he actually seemed to be speaking human tongue, punctuated by low hiss and warbles.
Wes stared for a minute. And then a minute more. Then he lowered his head into his hand, pinching the bridge of his nose, and closed his eyes. “Gods, I hate this place,” he muttered weakly.
"You want to meet the Flygon?" the waiter asked curiosly. "Or are you looking for something?" There was a gleam to his eye, as if he were fascinated by, or interested in the Umbreon. He crouched down to be on eye level with Novo. "You're searching for something, aren't you? I know a lot of the people here, maybe I can help you find them."
Novo caught the look in the man’s eyes and twitched his tail nervously. He glanced back to Wes’ table to see the Flygon in question, which was wearing…human clothes? But why?

He turned back to the man and shook his head. No, he didn’t want Flygon. He wanted to speak with a legendary. He tried to communicate as much through a series of chirps, though he wasn’t sure how well the message came across.

Roll with the insanity. Roll with the insanity. Just roll with it, dammit.

Still, Wes would love for just one thing to be normal about this place. But whatever, it wasn’t like a talking Flygon chef was any weirder than the fiasco on the beach yesterday. He looked back up at the Pokémon with a sigh. “Yeah, sorry, I think there was a miscommunication. I’m trying to figure out how I can talk with a legendary around here. You know, one like the Manaphy?” He probably hadn’t needed to add that last bit, but at this point he wouldn’t put it past them to roll out a Shroomish and claim it was a legendary.

Last edited:
Top Bottom