• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Spirits' Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
And that, just briefly, gave the smiling Zoroark a wavering pause. "I, eh... Well, hey, everyone has a change of heart now and then, y'know?" He laughed a little, pulling his hand back. "I guess I felt like Cola was better off there, is all. Who knows why?" Soda made another shrugging motion. "I don't really remember why all that clearly. I guess it was one of those whims I mentioned before, y'know? It's kinda funny... I can feel it. I'm this close to getting what I want. All I need..." Soda trailed off again. "Well. It'll come soon. I don't really know what it is, but it's coming... heheh... So, you coming or not?"

"Soda..." Buffet dared speak up. "Are you... okay?"

"Better than okay, I'm divine," Soda said, vibrating from a fit of giggles. "Dave... come on. Don't you ever want to just forget the world... all its problems... and just watch it go away?" He drifted a little closer. "Haven't you ever seen how fucked up everything is... and wish you could make a little wave with your hand... and change it? Everything... everything everything everything everything everything...

"I can, Dave."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave's gut clenched at Soda's hesitation. A thread to pull on, and yet, the Zoroark felt so fragile, teetering on a knife's edge, like any pulling on the thread might unravel him entirely.

He took a step back. "Yeah. You know, yeah, sometimes I do want that. But I can't come with you right now. We've got stuff to take care of on Cibus, remember?" He took a deep breath, another step back. "I'm coming for you later, all right? Everything's going to be okay."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave nodded. “Yeah. Yeah, as soon as I can. Don’t go shooting anyone, okay? It, it just adds more shit we’d have to deal with. It’d just make it take longer.”

It felt almost like arguing with Mia, in a way. A spot of comfortable familiarity in the middle of absolute batshit.

“Take care.”

He turned to look at Buffet.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave let out a tense breath that shook, and abandoned whatever he might have been planning to say in favor of silence.

They just had to make it in time, while there was still anything left of him to salvage.

<><><><><>​

R15 ~ Gen

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv stood on Buffet's back, leaf swaying idly back and forth.

It's been so long, and they're so different now...would Gen even recognize them?

Even so, they were excited. It's been so long since they've seen the little nervous Oshawott. With what they know now, maybe they can help recover his memories!

"I can't wait to introduce you to Gen," Saltriv says, looking towards their companions.

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
Dill flinched, tearing his eyes from the surreal scene around him to look back at Saltriv.

"Yeah. Hope he doesn't mind us coming with," the Feraligatr said, tail flicking nervously. "Heh, never even made it a mile from Twistfoot Town back home, and here I am... wherever. I don't know, it's kinda nerve-wracking."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Something strange? Saltriv hoped it wasn't anything bad.

"Almost there!" Saltriv said, their tail beginning to wag. "I'm so excited to finally see Gen again!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Something isn't right..?" Vix asked, curious. She flew faster to keep up with Buffet's head, staying close enough to grab on if need be. "Well, this place looks connected to space, and the moon's messed up..."

"Would you mind if I stuck around after this visit to check it out, Buffet?" she asked Buffet in a whisper, not wanting to sully Saltriv's excitement towards meeting her friend again.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A splotch of pink was stark as they grew closer, soon clear enough to be recognized as a cherry blossom tree. Near it was a house, one with a door with a doorknob, and on the door was...some sort of strange symbols. The ground wasn't dirt or stone, but an arrangement of yellow, almost golden slabs, meshing together with each other to create a solid surface void of holes.

"...what?" Saltriv said, their petals tensing up as they stepped onto the ground and looked around. "I've...never seen this place before."

"...h-huh? Who's there?" a small voice said, and an Oshawott emerged out from behind the cherry blossom tree. His eyes widened upon seeing the quartet of Pokemon. A Hydreigon, a Feraligatr, a...he wasn't sure what that was, and...a Meganium with a distinct autumn-red leaf...

His eyes widened further, and he began trembling, gripping onto the red reunion cape he wore around his head. "S-Saltriv? I-is that you?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I'm surprised I get to see this for myself. It's almost like I'm really somewhere else," Vix said, mostly in awe. "Makes you think how many places are like this on other worlds..."

She noticed the shivering 'wott and gave him a small wave, but didn't say anything. He looked more preoccupied with Saltriv than anything.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Yep. It's me," Saltriv said, waving their leaf. "Hi, Gen. I missed you."

"B-but...you were just with me yesterday...h-how? W-why? W-what happened? W-who are these other people?" Gen said, glancing towards the...Lampent-Scrafty thing.

Saltriv trotted over to him, and gave him a big hug with their vines. "They're Dill and Vix, new friends of mine! A-and...it's a long story. I was brought to help save a whole world! It's been...a lot, but we're succeeding! But for now...I'm just happy to see you again."

"I-I..." Gen trailed off, before hugging Saltriv back, his tiny arms put around one of Saltriv's forelegs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom