• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2023 Kick-Off Thread

When should we hold Blitz this year?

• December 16th - January 14th

• December 23rd - January 21st

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
I'd love to help with logistics if you'd have me on!
Fantastic! Thanks for helping out. I'll be sending invites to the Blitz Discord server to those who don't have them in a couple days, and I'll give you access to the logistics area once those have been distributed. (Note for general volunteers: it's not required that you join the server if you don't want to!)

I'm new here, but I might be able compose a small "0:30" second little song with a few instruments for someone as a prize for the RB
That's super cool! Thanks for giving some examples of your work; you really capture the PMD sound well with your compositions!

I'm guessing that you'd basically ask the winner to give you some kind of prompt, like a theme or the mood they're looking for, and then you'd put together a brief piece based on it? If so, that would work great!

We're still looking for one more logistics volunteer and more general prize volunteers! If you're interested, please post here in the next couple days so I can start working out the prize tiers and start up the event planning.

Kiba Makuro

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
That's super cool! Thanks for giving some examples of your work; you really capture the PMD sound well with your compositions!

I'm guessing that you'd basically ask the winner to give you some kind of prompt, like a theme or the mood they're looking for, and then you'd put together a brief piece based on it? If so, that would work great!
Yes, while I'm growing as a musician, a simple one to three word theme or location name would be enough for me to compose something small.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I'd be willing to offer art prizes similar to previous years!

Some samples of Blitz prizes I did last year (oop I did not mean for these to embed but they just did automatically when I put in the links):
View: https://antialiart.tumblr.com/post/707559163218247680/aaand-second-piece-of-art-for-today-finished

View: https://antialiart.tumblr.com/post/708639439491088384/review-blitz-prize-for-ambyssin-on-thousand-roads

View: https://antialiart.tumblr.com/post/709282270712840192/possibly-finished-possibly-going-to-get-some

View: https://antialiart.tumblr.com/post/710370039917903872/finished-unleashed-starr-for-chibipikas

The general rule is single character, transparent or very simple background, can either be human or Pokémon or animal or anything in between. I will draw your prize over a few days once you choose a subject and show you the in-progress WIPs for adjustments.

I can do an arbitrary number of these, fill in for anyone who drops out, etc. I can also offer simpler sketch work if need be, and will help with logistics as in previous years.

Last edited:

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
All right, looks like the majority of people are looking for a later Blitz this year, so we'll be planning to kick things off December 23rd!

If you volunteered for prize or logistic support this year and aren't already on the Blitz server, look out for an invite from me later today!

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Okay, I've sent out a server invite to everyone who expressed interest in offering prizes this year. If you didn't get it and aren't already in the server, please let me know!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Whoops, I completely missed this thread!

It’s probably too late for me to sign up, but should you ever need someone to fill in, I am happy to provide some art prizes! My max is either 1 colored and shaded piece, 2 colored sketches, or 3 cleaned sketches. Happy to be flexible for whatever is needed.

• Heart
Reactions: K_S

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Hi all, as I'm without power and it's unclear whether it will be restored by the time Blitz begins, I'm going to push the start date of the event back one week, to December 30th, 2023. Very sorry for the delay--I know everyone's been anticipating Blitz for weeks! But I think I'll be able to run a better event if I wait until I'm sure that I can get online regularly again. See you on the 30th!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom