• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2023 Kick-Off Thread

When should we hold Blitz this year?

• December 16th - January 14th

• December 23rd - January 21st

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff

13d.gif

Review Blitz 2023 Kick-Off

November's waning, the holidays are approaching, and with them comes one of Thousand Roads' biggest community events: Review Blitz! We'll be cranking out reviews to fill authors' stockings for a solid month, and we'd love to have you be a part of it! Last year we wrote a whole 597 Blitz reviews, and this year we'll be going for even more! (At least six hundred. We were so close...)

If you aren't familiar with Review Blitz, feel free to check out previous blitzes to get an idea of how they work: I (2019), II (2020), III (2021), and (IV) 2022!

Whether you're a blitz veteran or joining in for the first time this year, it's time to start thinking about your plans! As usual, we'll be looking for your help and feedback to set the timeline for the event, organize prizes, and handle the logistics work necessary to make the event run. With that in mind, a couple orders of business:

When is Review Blitz happening this year?

We'll be running Blitz from December through January as usual; the exact dates will depend on the outcome of the poll in this thread! Please vote for either or both options, depending on what works for you. The poll will close on November 28th. One way or another, Blitz will run through some part of December 2022 possibly into January 2023.

What's new this year?

We're not expecting any major changes to the event this year, but be on the lookout for some enhancements to the web app and some tweaks to the scoring and reward structures. We're always open to new ideas, however, so please don't hesitate to share if you have thoughts about how Blitz can run be even better!

Interested in helping out?

We can't have a blitz without all the awesome people who log reviews, work behind the scenes, and provide prizes to all our amazing reviewers. If you're interested in helping out with blitz this year, please reply to the thread with the following:

- What kind of prize(s) would you like to offer? In the past we've had people offer art commissions, custom drabbles, reviews, poetry, and more. If there's anything special you can make or write, it would probably be welcome as a prize; just ask if you're unsure. The more the merrier! Even if you only think you can toss in an extra review here or there, we'd love to have you.

- How many of each kind of prize would you like to offer? A drabble and a sketch commission? Three reviews? However many prizes you can offer, it helps the logistics team figure out prize tiers if we know roughly how many of each we'll have available.

- Would you like to help out with Blitz logistics? Whether you can offer prizes or not, we also need people to help coordinate the event. The logistics team does things like figure out the weekly themes and the point structure of the event, helps test the app, approves reviews, and assigns prizes. These are active positions that run throughout the entire Blitz. We're looking to add one or two more people to the logistics team for this year's Blitz!

If you're interested in helping out this year, please reply to this thread by November 28th so we can get to work designing the prize tiers. One way or another, it's time to start getting hype for Blitz!

Last edited:

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Well i can offer reviews as a prize post event. I plan on participating though so let me know if that causes any conflict. Drop me a line if anyones interested.

Added on: honestly while december is like the second worst month for vocational amd religious reasons i vote for the tail end of it as the drama from those factors will be winding down...

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Well i can offer reviews as a prize post event. I plan on participating though so let me know if that causes any conflict. Drop me a line if anyones interested.

Added on: honestly while december is like the second worst month for vocational amd religious reasons i vote for the tail end of it as the drama from those factors will be winding down...
You get bonus points for completing reviews while the event is running, but if you can't complete them until after, that's okay, too!

Do you have any idea of how many reviews you'd like to write?

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
I can volunteer 1 chapter of prize reviews for as many weeks as the prize delivery window is open. IIRC, last year for RB4, said window was 8 weeks long, which I wound up fulfilling with the Level 2 and Level 3 review prizes.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Like last year, I can offer item deep-dives, though to prevent myself from getting too much on my plate, I think I can only offer one or two this year.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
I'll offer one 5 chapter deeper review (I might up this number but for now I'm erring on the side of caution).

I thinnnkkk I did this last year, but in these longer reviews, I like to talk more in depth about the stories characters, prose, and other aspects of the fic.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Maybe one year the Blitz timeframe I want will win and I can feel confident offering some sort of prize. But that will sadly not be this year. RIP. :sadbees:

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
I can definitely offer as much art and drabbles as needed again. Maybe post-event reviews if needed but don't prioritize me for those.

Gonna try and gun for my own art prize this year if I can!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Assuming the deadline for the reviews is in a span of a few months, I can probably also help provide review prizes here and there. I'm best in the domain of PMD but I can certainly review other parts of the fandom with no issue. Bit busy still, so I'll give a conservative 3 reviews, 10k words tops per review, or some equivalent.

Kiba Makuro

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
  • Heart
Reactions: K_S
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom