• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Managed to do another review. 374 words, 1 chapter, fulfilled the theme. The fic is pretty interesting -- called The Envy of Eden, maybe you want to check it out ;)

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Just finished my review of continental divides chapter one...

my review

Too... tired.... to mature adult.... and.... word count...

also it qualifies for this weeks bonus

Last edited:

Flaze

Don't stop, keep walking
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. infernape
Here I am. Back again.

It's been a few days becaus life had to take a turn, as it is always does. But today I got a chance to read more and now I come in with a few more reviews.

First, a review for Different Eyes. This one made me feel old.

This review was for the prologue and chapter 1, essentially two chapter. It was 583 words long which narrowed down comes up to 2 points...so it was pretty balanced.

Second, a review for Out of Hand. This one gave me feels.

The review was meant to cover all three chapters (and the special) of the story, it amounted to 924 words which comes down to 3 points once you random it down.

And lastly, the one that had me sitting for an hour to review but was a real surprise to read through, The Suicune's Choice

This review was for all five chapters currently out of the story and I completely threw consistency out of the window because the review amounted to a whopping 2152 words which comes down to 8 points. However, because we go by the lower score, I only get 5 points from what's out of the story.

Also since I hadn't reviewed any of thoe stories before and it's still a few hours before the theme passes, I get an extra point for each one so that comes up to 3 points, 4 points and 6 points bringing it to a total of 13 points.

Adding that to my previous 14 I should now be at 27 points total.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Wrote my biggest review yet! Reviewed Bench's "Eternal Shadows". According to my math, it was 2391 words, so by math, it should be 9.5 points. However, I reviewed 8 chapters, and so, choosing the lowest, I should be getting 8 points, right? And another extra point for the theme, as I never reviewed this fic before. Therefore, I should be getting 9 points from this, and adding that to my previous score, 18 points? As usual, feel free to correct me!

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal

Reviewed chapters 1-3 of Of Sand and Shadows

578 words, +1 for theme
looks good!

Another one, taking on all the fics that I've been meaning to get to for Blacklight purposes... this time The Makings of a Hero, chapter 1! This one is >350. Once again, 1+1
mmhmm

Bam, one review each for Diffrent Eyes and Butterfree: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/different-eyes.323/post-17108 https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/butterfree-one-shot.516/post-17174

Cashing both in for the theme for a total of four points, which brings me up to 10
Also good!

Managed to do another review. 374 words, 1 chapter, fulfilled the theme. The fic is pretty interesting -- called The Envy of Eden, maybe you want to check it out ;)
huh, weird, never heard of it. author's lapslock obsession looks dumb af tho

The Best Boy @ 572 (1 chapter + weekly theme)
YES HE IS

Just finished my review of continental divides chapter one...

my review

Too... tired.... to mature adult.... and.... word count...
:o lots to say there! looks great

Here I am. Back again.

It's been a few days becaus life had to take a turn, as it is always does. But today I got a chance to read more and now I come in with a few more reviews.

First, a review for Different Eyes. This one made me feel old.

This review was for the prologue and chapter 1, essentially two chapter. It was 583 words long which narrowed down comes up to 2 points...so it was pretty balanced.

Second, a review for Out of Hand. This one gave me feels.

The review was meant to cover all three chapters (and the special) of the story, it amounted to 924 words which comes down to 3 points once you random it down.

And lastly, the one that had me sitting for an hour to review but was a real surprise to read through, The Suicune's Choice

This review was for all five chapters currently out of the story and I completely threw consistency out of the window because the review amounted to a whopping 2152 words which comes down to 8 points. However, because we go by the lower score, I only get 5 points from what's out of the story.

Also since I hadn't reviewed any of thoe stories before and it's still a few hours before the theme passes, I get an extra point for each one so that comes up to 3 points, 4 points and 6 points bringing it to a total of 13 points.

Adding that to my previous 14 I should now be at 27 points total.
yooooo he takes the crown!!!! this is such a tight competition :quag:

ps I love the commentary on these, both in the reviews themselves and when you're logging them here. keep up the great work!

Wrote my biggest review yet! Reviewed Bench's "Eternal Shadows". According to my math, it was 2391 words, so by math, it should be 9.5 points. However, I reviewed 8 chapters, and so, choosing the lowest, I should be getting 8 points, right? And another extra point for the theme, as I never reviewed this fic before. Therefore, I should be getting 9 points from this, and adding that to my previous score, 18 points? As usual, feel free to correct me!
That's awesome!! Looks like a really hefty review in there; I'm sure it took a lot of work!

Your math is pretty good--points round down to the nearest whole point, so that 9.5 word count would be 9, but otherwise this looks excellent! Great work!

Flaze

Don't stop, keep walking
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. infernape
Alll riiiight, coming in hot right before going ot bed and right before the theme changes.

Here's my last review for the night. Butterfree, the story about one of my favorite pokemon that somehow made me cry.

The review was 282 words long which randoms down to 1 word, but since it's a oneshot it's not like it really does any difference.

Also, you know, completely new story I hadn't read, so it's 2 points

That's 29 points now and I'm done for the day xD.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Alll riiiight, coming in hot right before going ot bed and right before the theme changes.

Here's my last review for the night. Butterfree, the story about one of my favorite pokemon that somehow made me cry.

The review was 282 words long which randoms down to 1 word, but since it's a oneshot it's not like it really does any difference.

Also, you know, completely new story I hadn't read, so it's 2 points

That's 29 points now and I'm done for the day xD.
tenor.gif

Topping off the week with one more themed review, this time for Shulk's Lycan-cyrstal, chapters 1-3. >400 points, so 1+1 again, for a total of... I think I'm at 18 now?
Yup, I have you at 18 as well!

logging two reviews:

iktsuarpok, ~1320 words, qualifies for theme -> +2 points
one chapter of bouquatro, ~850 words, qualifies for theme -> +2 points
<3!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
Formatted for your convenience and in apology for the late hour! :quag:
linkreviewerfic authorword count# chapstheme Y/Ntotal
Iktsuarpok (Oneshot)PenNebula Dreams12801Y2
BouquatroPencanisaries8861Y2
Dodging consequencePenK_S36672Y3
Under a Bed of CloverPenStarlight Aurate9191Y2
dream eaterPenZion of Arcadia7741Y2
Of Sand and ShadowsPenHellowYellow178991Y2
The Best Game (one-shot)PenPheonixsong3821Y2
Raingurl, Make ItPenthenatureking28271Y2
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Liberators of FatePenNavarchu16916Y7
Find A Way HomePenEquitia19391Y2
Death Is LonelyPenNamohysip8581Y2
Little GodPenNegrek4771Y2

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Logging one review for dream eater. 1 point for length and 1 point for new fic. I may or may not be able to squeeze one more before the deadline, we'll see!!
gotcha!

looking good!

Formatted for your convenience and in apology for the late hour! :quag:
linkreviewerfic authorword count# chapstheme Y/Ntotal
Iktsuarpok (Oneshot)PenNebula Dreams12801Y2
BouquatroPencanisaries8861Y2
Dodging consequencePenK_S36672Y3
Under a Bed of CloverPenStarlight Aurate9191Y2
dream eaterPenZion of Arcadia7741Y2
Of Sand and ShadowsPenHellowYellow178991Y2
The Best Game (one-shot)PenPheonixsong3821Y2
Raingurl, Make ItPenthenatureking28271Y2
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Liberators of FatePenNavarchu16916Y7
Find A Way HomePenEquitia19391Y2
Death Is LonelyPenNamohysip8581Y2
Little GodPenNegrek4771Y2
c32bfa16bcf864e478d3ddfe32440268.gif

One more! Eternal Shadows.
1 for length (320 words), 1 for theme
nice!

Reviewed one chapter of Eternal Shadows +1 for the theme
yup, and also, hi! welcome!

Reviewed three chapters of War 1-9. 1158 words and +1 for theme, so four points total.
:quag:

https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/the-envy-of-eden.351/post-17252

reviewed some fic called Envy of Eden.... definitely never heard of it before. Was pretty dang interesting. Qualifies for this weeks theme too!

910 words!
huh strange never heard of it! I should check it out!

---

WEEK 1 IS CLOSED!

The week 2 theme is open (and technically has been for 5 mins):

• [12/20 - 12/26]: Story of my life. Review a story you've reviewed but aren't caught up on. This can be claimed once per fic.

Go nuts, and keep your eyes peeled for a week 1 roundup post shortly!

Rainfall

minVP ADC atomic step action potential
Pronouns
he/they
Partners
  1. minior
Crawling into Review Blitz with last minute entries...

As I noted with Neb a while back, I was looking to participate in Review Blitz, and hopefully this will help me actually get writing reviews, rather than not! For now, looks like a goal of one review a week isn't too far from the truth, but I'll take any review I write that I can get.

Finally got Catnip! Was again last X (, but not the extreme solo outlier for once... to revisit this properly next week!
Probably barely over 250w.
First review on this fic.
First chapter response on PMD: Rebirth, by Shadow of Antioch.

And another response, also for chapter 1, for LukeSkyRunner's Roads of Life.
Definitely over 250w, but no time to remove quotes to count.
First review on this fic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom