• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Review Blitz 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Crawling into Review Blitz with last minute entries...

As I noted with Neb a while back, I was looking to participate in Review Blitz, and hopefully this will help me actually get writing reviews, rather than not! For now, looks like a goal of one review a week isn't too far from the truth, but I'll take any review I write that I can get.

Finally got Catnip! Was again last X (, but not the extreme solo outlier for once... to revisit this properly next week!
Probably barely over 250w.
First review on this fic.
First chapter response on PMD: Rebirth, by Shadow of Antioch.

And another response, also for chapter 1, for LukeSkyRunner's Roads of Life.
Definitely over 250w, but no time to remove quotes to count.
First review on this fic.
sneaking in but I gotchu!! Welcome aboard!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Reviewed one chapter for The Suicune's Choice and two chapters for Heroes After All, 891 words total. 3 points, plus 2 for the new week's theme, so 5 points altogether! Total: 16 :D

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Reviewed chapters 2 and 3 of Lycan Crystal, a total of 571 words for 2 chapters. This is a fic I’d previously started and am now caught up on = 3 points as I desperately hobble after Pen.

cynsh

full-time quilava
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. quilava
Reviewed part 2 of Bouquatro, 365 words. Second time reviewing so that's a point for the week 2 theme, I think?

Last edited:

love

Memento mori
Pronouns
he/him/it
Partners
  1. leafeon

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Reviewed one chapter for The Suicune's Choice and two chapters for Heroes After All, 891 words total. 3 points, plus 2 for the new week's theme, so 5 points altogether! Total: 16 :D
starting off the week strong!!

Reviewed chapters 2 and 3 of Lycan Crystal, a total of 571 words for 2 chapters. This is a fic I’d previously started and am now caught up on = 3 points as I desperately hobble after Pen.
you hobble, gurl! hobble to victory

logged this; sent you a message--check your Discord when you've got a chance!

Reviewed part 2 of Bouquatro, 365 words. Second time reviewing so that's a point for the week 2 theme, I think?
Yup! If you could include links in your logs that would be greatly appreciated

Reviewed everything currently published of Fighting Nature! It's about ~1800 words, I think.
I have you at 1725 without quotes on this one, but let me know if you think that's off.

Different Eyes Prologue — 685 words excluding quotations — No theme bonus
.. / . — .. — — — ... — . / . — — / — .. .— ... .... . ...

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Made a really large review for Namo's "Hands of Creation", reviewing 8 chapters. I counted 2072 words for this review, so it should be 2072 / 250, which equals 8.2, rounding it up, 8 points. However, I had already reviewed his fic on FFN, you can check my reviews there with this link. Therefore, following this week's theme, I get one extra point, adding a total of 9. Adding 9 to my previous score of 18, I should have 27 points now, but like before, feel free to correct me.
By the way, I decided to screenshot my previews reviews on FFN, as a way to have another proof that this wasn't my first review. Not sure if the photo was necessary, but I just wanted to make it clear enough, look here:
Screenshot (5).png

navarchu_blitz.png

zion of arcadia

too much of my own quietness is with me
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. marowak-alola

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola

8 chapters, 1065 words for 4 points, bringing me up to six. Do I claim prize wheel spins here or...?

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum

Reviewed that weird fanfic about N again. Seems right up your alley ;)

917 words, +1 for theme cause its something I'm catching up on

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Honestly I just wrote this to write it...

(After Pens grand sweep of thirty fics in one shot... yeah... I'm not winning top spot and more than content just to play to play and get some quality reading in)

As thanks for borrowing one of my bit characters and using him so well I reviewed

CHRISTMAS MASHUP

360words per the word counter.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola

Reviewed four chapters with 760 words, netting 3 points. I think this brings my total up to nine.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

kintsugi

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Reviewed one BT chapter @ 336 words! +1 weekly theme bonus.
Made a really large review for Namo's "Hands of Creation", reviewing 8 chapters. I counted 2072 words for this review, so it should be 2072 / 250, which equals 8.2, rounding it up, 8 points. However, I had already reviewed his fic on FFN, you can check my reviews there with this link. Therefore, following this week's theme, I get one extra point, adding a total of 9. Adding 9 to my previous score of 18, I should have 27 points now, but like before, feel free to correct me.
By the way, I decided to screenshot my previews reviews on FFN, as a way to have another proof that this wasn't my first review. Not sure if the photo was necessary, but I just wanted to make it clear enough, look here:
View attachment 597

navarchu_blitz.png
Reviewed Speckled Silver.

Word Count: 687
I did a review.

I think this only counts for one point because one total chapter, but because it has to be split into two posts due to length, maybe it counts for two? Unsure. Update: Sugi says this counts as two. So, claiming 2 points. 760 words.

(Unfair!)

8 chapters, 1065 words for 4 points, bringing me up to six. Do I claim prize wheel spins here or...?

Reviewed that weird fanfic about N again. Seems right up your alley ;)

917 words, +1 for theme cause its something I'm catching up on
two reviews today.

continental divides chapters 3-4, ~1300 words, qualifies for theme. +3
the envy of eden chapter 3, ~840 words, qualifies for theme. +2
Honestly I just wrote this to write it...

(After Pens grand sweep of thirty fics in one shot... yeah... I'm not winning top spot and more than content just to play to play and get some quality reading in)

As thanks for borrowing one of my bit characters and using him so well I reviewed

CHRISTMAS MASHUP

360words per the word counter.
Wrote a review for MadderJacker's A Home Far Away covering all currently released chapters (52).

1,251 words. I have reviewed this story in the past, which should make me eligible for the weekly bonus.
Who wanted a Legendarian Chronicles review? Not you? TOO BAD, HERE IT IS ANYWAY: https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/the-legendarian-chronicles.48/post-17411

Cashing it in for the theme for two points, for a total of 12
Whoops, got a bit distracted today! These are all good! Great work everyone.

Reviewed four chapters with 760 words, netting 3 points. I think this brings my total up to nine.
This actually counts for 4 points since you've reviewed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom