• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut tilted his head. Tree of Life? Hmm... that had been mentioned at some point, hadn't it? Bahamut's head was a bit too fuzzy to recall the details, but Maple's reaction gave him enough of an answer. If there was ever a time for a distraction, this was it.

"Err, a thought just occurred to me." Bahamut cleared his throat. "In my youth, good sources of light had a healing effect." He looked at Joule. "Is there some way to get him steady light exposure? What about that big volcano-looking fellow who fought with Shield? Growdown? Groodoom?"

This was not a good distraction.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I'm sorry," Bahamut mumbled. "I've spent far too long grieving myself. I understand your sense of rage well. And, perhaps, if I were in your place, I would find a way to twist everything said to me into something negative. It's my nature, after all."

"I ain't nothin' like you, so don't try and act like you get me," Puddle gritted its teeth and clenched its fists, and its boil lowered to a sizzle. "And you can keep your apology, I ain't the one that needs it." This whole thing was starting to make its head hurt.

"Enough," Diyem snapped, shooting a small beam of Shadows at Puddle. Even that, it seemed, drained him, and he slumped over to catch his breath. "Enough infighting... The benefits you give me with the negative energy outweighs the drawback of the lack of synergy you all have. It's more likely to power the Blacklight than me..."

"Fuckin'..." Puddle let out a hiss. The Shadow beam struck it right in the core, which also worsened its headache. It glared at the Edgemander for a moment, then let out a huff and shut its eyes. "Fine." The idea of it and Bahamut synergizing in any way was almost laughable, honestly.

When talk of this "Tree of Life" came into play, however, Puddle's interest was snagged. "The hell's a Tree of Life? And why do you need it?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"...But there is... another way," he said. "But to revive them soon... as quickly as I can, I would need..." His gaze hardened. "...to go to the Tree of Life."
A sudden sharp intake of breath. For an instant, the world felt solid again. "So let's go, then."

In the back of her mind, it vaguely registered that a lot of people on Cibus would regard this as a bad move. Fuck them.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"No," Maple said immediately. "That's the line I'm drawing. I'm sorry, but I won't allow Dark Matter to approach the Tree of Life again, especially when the best person to protect against a mishap is incapacitated. I... I'm sorry, Diyem, I--I can't allow it. Not..." She hesitated again, looking at Diyem, then at the many who were hoping to see their friends again. "Not... without the necessary precautions," she said, seeing flashes of Brisa, Owen, and the others in her mind.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“But you are willing to work out a compromise?” Bahamut asked. “It would mean a great deal to them all. And Giovanni is still at large. Replenishing our ranks might be vital to the planet’s safety.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple nodded warily. "Yes," she said. "If that is the only way, I'll... help. A way to do it safely. Perhaps from the Tree's edge."

"Perhaps that will be enough," Diyem replied. "When can we go?"

"Um, hang on--" Zinc spoke up. "You're... still too weak. Do you even have the power to...?"

"Yeah, you aren't going anywhere, "Cepa said, floating with a few medical supplies that had failed to help Joule. "Xerneas protects the Tree of Life, right? If you upset the guy, we might not even have a Diyem left to heal! You'll need some time to get some energy back normally, first."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle gave a low growl and started boiling again. First, his friends were dead, but they actually weren't! Then, they were actually trapped in whatever the fuck the voidlands were because Diyem is still weak.

But oh look! If we brought Diyem to this dumb tree, he'd be able to bring everyone back! Actually, no, Maple says no because her fuckin' dragon boyfriend is hurt!

But Maple would be willing to compromise! Huh? What's that? Some over protective deer would get in the way!

What's next? They get to the tree of life and it's actually been uprooted because Fuck you for wanting to see your friends soon?!

"How about we just don't upset Xerneas, then. Tell him that our team got fucked and politely ask him to buzz off so Diyem can do his shit?"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Astrid emerged from the doorway, where she hadn’t been for very long. But, long enough.

“We’ve given everything,” she snarled. “We—the seven that died gave everything they had.” The fading remnants of her radiance altered her voice slightly, but it was clearly a fraction of anything considerable. She couldn’t channel it properly; in fact, she could barely walk straight. Maple could knock her over with a nudge, but Astrid, face stained by tears, stood her ground. “Don’t you dare tell us what lines we can and can’t draw for saving our own. We are the ones who have saved millions of lives on Cibus. You need us!”

She avoided eye contact with Joule and doubled down on Maple. Her demeanor and tone softened. Her voice became more desperate.

“A-and we need you too. We have t-to stick together. It was you who told Giovanni he could not sow mistrust, and, and I had faith in that! I still do!” She looked between her and Diyem, barely holding herself together. “We’re— we’re all on the same side. This is no time for caution, c’mon…”

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"But it's as Zinc said. Diyem is in no condition to see the Tree or Xerneas right now. So, maybe... a small team of you can go to the Tree of Life when you're in better condition. It's... late, today. And we still need to track down Giovanni, too, don't we?"
Starr's head buzzed with static. First Diyem couldn't bring them back. Then he had a way, but it required getting at the Tree of Life. Which meant forcing their way past Maple, who could destroy them all effortlessly. But no, she was willing to help, there were just nebulous conditions, but they didn't need to follow conditions but they'd do whatever the hell it took.

"I'm going. First chance we get. I'll be ready."

The residual energy from the fight that had carried her this far was fading. The ache of the wounds covering her body had grown into a smothering blanket. Her legs shook. As she sank to her knees, a fleeting thought marveled at just how... familiar this form was. So different from her last form, yet so nostalgic.

...Such a stupid thing to think about.

Her vision faded and she slumped forward into unconsciousness.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
It was settled, then. Thanks to Astrid pointing out the obvious that the dead were needed as soon as fuckin' possible. Puddle was jealous it didn't say that first, but what were the chances anyone would have listened to it anyway? Bein' shut down and looked down on as if it was nothing... no, like it was a child, made it boil further. Which in turn worsened the headache it was getting.

Puddle shut its eyes and turned to leave. Being in the infirmary right now would only make it angrier, or maybe just this group of uppity assholes. Before it left, Puddle gave Starr a quick hug, and gave Astrid a sympathetic look. If Puddle was boiling over in rage, they were drowning in their sadness, and neither of them deserved that.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's bag dropped to the ground. And the moment it did, the opening parted and a small, goopy poipole head poked out. Esper watched Bahamut go to lift Starr up and carry her to one of the beds. It was touching... in a sad way. Something must've snapped inside the guy, because now he was at least trying to be helpful instead of sulking off on his own the whole time. Esper wanted to feel good for the guy, but another part of him thought this was too little, too late. If he had actually tried to bond with any of them, maybe his gestures would mean more. But he didn't. The closest he got was Owen. But Owen was stuck in Diyem and Cal thought Bahamut was a giant prick.

So from Esper's perspective, it looked awkward. Cringingly awkward. Esper needed to fix that... in his own special way, of course.

As Bahamut gingerly put Starr down on the bed -- dumbass probably thought her belt would somehow light the sheets on fire -- Esper made his move. He flipped out of the bag and onto the floor. Like a slimy snake, he slithered his way over toward the bed in question. The tiny poipole caught a few down feathers that had drifted onto the floor and, with a quick, forceful exhale, blew them right up at Bahamut's face.

Esper's aim was true. He never missed, after all. The feathers tickled Bahamut's snout. It instinctively wrinkled. His eyes and core flashed a panicked, nauseating green. The necrozma reared back. Esper hid himself under the bed, grinning.

But then there were footsteps. No, that wasn't part of the plan. Esper slid away in time to see Bahamut open a rather large window, stick his head and torso out, and sneeze.

The whiplash led to a resounding clang when Bahamut's head struck the window's arch. His frame fell through the open window. A startled roar, then a brilliant flash of light, and finally a wrenching squelch. Esper's slime quivered.

"... oh boy."

The poipole collected himself and floated up to the open window. He took one look down and saw a slightly-smaller version of radiant Joule lying next to the guild building, covered in mud that landscapers had been using to patch up some of the ground that had gotten torn up in the various attacks. However, Bahamut was neither gold nor silver. He was a dark gray. Practically rusted metal, but dragon-shaped. And filthy, of course.

"Good news." Bahamut shakily raised an upper wing. "Gravity's still working." The wing fell back by Bahamut's side and his multicolored eyes dimmed.

Esper rolled off the windowsill and onto the floor laughing.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia frowned. Dave had told her some things about the history of Cibus, something about a previous Dark Matter attacking the Tree of Life, but he had been vague, because Dave didn't think history was very interesting.

A lot of other people were talking or yelling and being angry. She stepped toward Maple. "But Diyem couldn't have known people were going to die in the fight. It would be a very stupid plan if he wanted to get to the tree and did all this just so maybe someone would die and he'd have to go to the tree to bring them back."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Mnn." Maple didn't acknowledge Mia directly, though she seemed to consider her words regardless. "Yes, yes. I know. But I'm still nervous about a Dark Matter of any kind getting close to the Tree. You'll have to ask Xerneas, too, and you all need time to recover. After what had happened..." She shook her head. "I do, too."

"I'm... growing weary as well," Diyem admitted, settling back into his seat. "...What about Arceus? Is he doing well?"

"He's still in that capsule," Zinc said. "We weren't sure if we should let him out, but we have his bedding prepared." She motioned to the empty bed next to Joule. "How badly hurt was he?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Oh, no big deal. He only got blown up a couple of times.” Esper waved Zinc off, disappointed his hijinx had gotten no response.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Esper shrugged. "How should I know? Just because I'm the familiar, doesn't me I'm familiar. I'm no necrozmaologist, y'know."

A muddy wing plapped against the open windowsill. Bahamut's gray head popped up, eyes brimming with red and orange. He glared at Esper. "You are an infuriating little gremlin, you know that?"

"Sticks and stones, buddy. Sticks and ston--"

Bahamut whacked Esper with a muddy stick. He splattered into a puddle around his Ultra Stone again. The necrozma tried to slide through the window, but he was too large. "Err... I'll be fine. Just need to get used to this again." He ducked out of the window, likely to head for the guild's main entrance.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Er, take care?" Zinc waved, uncertain. "...Is it just me, or has he been in a better mood lately?"

"I've noticed it, too," Maple said. "But... I think he's trying to care for the team. It's a shame it took such a tragedy for him to be able to rise to the occasion..." Maple's gaze softened. "But I'm glad he's able to."

Joule let out a rattling sound that might have been an attempt at a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Maple asked softly.

"Luminous..."

"Oh--of course. Zinc, can we get another one?"

"Right here." The Goodra passed over a Luminous Orb, which Maple handed to Joule. He squeezed it, cracking the edges. Light poured out, but it didn't go anywhere. It siphoned into his crystals, absorbed into total darkness.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Why not use Baha Blast's suggestion?" Esper bubbled from his goopy puddle. "Find Groudon or some other big sunny sun maker to make some sun for him. Or are you going to cause a luminous orb shortage worldwide?"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
When Rocky arrived at the infirmary, half the team was already there, most of them crowding around Diyem. There was a lot of shouting, and Bahamut went out a window--Rocky hung around at the edge of the room, making himself a little taller so he could see what was going on better. Diyem looked tired, but mostly okay; Joule was eating luminous orbs and at least wasn't dead. But there was one person missing.

Once things calmed down a little, Rocky stepped forward, tail lashing nervously. "Where's Arceus?" he asked the room in general. "Is he okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom