• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Dorm Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa frowned, and pawed at her cheek fur. Her tailtuft drew patterns on the floor behind her. Now that was a question she'd both obsessed over and put out of mind. Did she have an answer?

Well, y'could tell yerself yer fuckin' pa is still alive, fer one.

Not that. Something hopeful.

"I'd hope to tell myself a good deal! I've learned more in the last few months than I did in years back home. I guess . . . more'n anything else, I'd tell myself that things don't have to be the way they are. That there ain't no reason I can't go see the world an' find folks as can care fer me the way I care fer them. That I can do what I'm good at and be happy, if I give it a chance. After all, that's how it is fer me on Cibus."

Not bad.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cream nodded, smiling. "That sounds like a wonderful thing to tell yourself," she said. "Perhaps something all of us can learn from time to time. Consider especially for us in Destiny Village the fact that... well, as much as we want to help others, we should also be helping ourselves when we can."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"If yer goal is to keep people safe an' happy... You oughta remember that you an' yours count as people, too. Ain't the ideal outcome one where yer friends get t'see ya live a little too, even if yer workin' harder'n most? That's somethin' I've figured since, y'know, literally dyin' fer th'team. It took that fer me t'realise how self-sacrifice affects the people y'care about."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cream nodded. "That must have been... quite the wakeup call," she said. "You know, if you'd like to talk about that . . ."

The interview went on for quite a while. Occasionally they delved into chats about 'Luxray things' here and there, and at times it felt a lot like they had delved into concepts that probably wouldn't make it to the final draft. But soon, as the interview started winding down, Cream thanked Brisa for her time, and said to expect a posting on The Truthful Times in the coming days.

"And thanks again," Cream said. "And let me know if any of your teammates would like to get one, too! We're doing this as part of a series."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa did her best to answer questions honestly without stumbling or falling into a crevice of negativity, (a challenge, considering everything), or indeed without getting flustered by paying too much attention to Cream herself and getting caught up in her own bullshit feelings. She did okay, she thought. Probably. And then, unexpectedly, they were done.

"You're more'n welcome," Brisa said, meaning it. "I'll be sure to pass the word about an' to put ya in touch if anyone bites. I'll be sure to read the whole series. And..."

Brisa's Imagination said:
"Would you like to talk again sometime, maybe this time about yerself? Let me buy you a drink."

Are you seriously gonna ask out the gal with a decade on you and an obvious crush on that cinderace fella? Are you? Don't be so fuckin' dumb.

"...thanks fer yer time, Cream. It's been a pleasure."

<><><><><>​

Last edited:
R11 - Spy-Candle thoroughly investigates the Punch Ghost

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
All that time spying, researching, tailing, steak-outing, camouflaging, and watching... and nothing S'more did really looked like spy-stuff. Just... paperwork, and not even the fun kind! Vix figured she'd have to break out the big guns, meaning running to Pop and hoping he'd give the ok to dig around in S'more's head.

Luckily, Pop said yes!

However... that "yes" was dependent on what S'more said... Because he'd definitely just agree to that, no questions asked.

Vix had to think of the best way to ask him, pacing back and forth in the oddly-damp lounge as she prepared herself, until she finally had enough of floating and went to find the tiny punch man-ghost-baby-thing. Her own shadow tagged along, because what else was he gonna do, but it was silent for some reason.

"Remember, Vix... be polite, but assertive! Gentle, but firm! Like, uh... huh, that's kinda what wax just is, so I can definitely do that," Vix told herself, a confident grin about her. She floated around until, sooner than she thought, she spotted S'more and approached him. "Hello, Guildmaster, sir. I'm Vix, a member of Team Spectrum, I... was hoping to ask something of you, if you had the time?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
There he goes... being suspiciously unsuspicious. Going about his day like he did every other day. At least he didn't seem bothered by Vix's presence, a good sign that her spying went smoothly. "Oh no, well, that wasn't what I was coming by for, but I was having some issues finding the place." And by her, Vix meant Puddle. She gave it the road name and nothing else before leaving it be for the day. Vix was too busy spying to check it out herself yet.

"I was thinking about the whole spy situation we're dealing with currently, and an incident that came to mind was when we fought that Blacklight Charizard... and someone tried to frame Owen for it." Vix spoke clearly and calmly, even kept steady eye contact while watching S'more closely, as if she practiced this for almost an hour or something.

"It's strange, isn't it? Someone went through the trouble of giving Owen an injury identical to the one you gave that Charizard. It was obviously set up, but I've been stuck wondering... why you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The more Vix spoke, the more those flames on S'more's head seemed to subside and stabilize into something that could be equated to stone-faced.

"Yes, why me indeed," S'more hummed, sitting up in the beanbag that he had been resting in. "I do wonder why my strike and essence had been replicated so masterfully, or how. And between that and the last message from Regigigas in Aegis Cave... It does match my description, doesn't it?" S'more watched Vix just as much as she watched him.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Of course S'more would be up to date on all the other going-ons, yet he didn't seem bothered by the two threads connecting directly to him. He was just as calm as ever. Vix made an effort to remain just as stone-faced. "Of all the possible Pokemon to impersonate, they chose you, the Guildmaster of the strongest Guild on Cibus. You're virtually untouchable, in every sense of the word. It'd be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to go after you... so I can see some reasoning behind it..."

"Admittedly... some members of Team Spectrum are starting to think you are a spy, albeit an unwilling one. I don't blame them, there's definitely evidence pointing to you, but... I don't believe that myself." That wasn't entirely true, but Vix did well not to let that show. Her body was still, her flame was steady... she could probably convince herself she was telling the whole truth.

"I wanted to ask if you would be willing to have Breaker take a look at you, to prove that you aren't a spy to the others," she went on. "The sooner we clear you of suspicion, the sooner Team Spectrum can focus their efforts on rooting out the real spies."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
I don't blame them, there's definitely evidence pointing to you, but... I don't believe that myself

"Mm. I see." S'more hopped off of the bag and walked toward the other end of the room, pacing in silence as Vix continued her explanation and her theorizing, and finally her proposal. "You believe that all of the evidence appears to be pointing to me," he said. "The evidence we'd barely managed to uncover, that only by your strange ability did we so much as find a trace of what had happened during that fateful day where Owen had been framed. And you believe that despite that evidence, you do not think I can be the spy. That is very kind of you, very honorable and even-headed to not jump to such conclusions. Admirable."

S'more stopped pacing. His back was toward Vix, so she couldn't see his face. His voice took on a more grave tone.

"I unfortunately must disagree."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
S'more paused, then glanced back, his frown deepening. "I believe you misunderstand me," he said, and then went back to pacing. "I'm not naive. I didn't live as Arceus' right hand without knowing how to be wary of my surroundings, even in places that would be considered safe. While I may be immortal, I am still vulnerable. I didn't become one of the longest-lived Legends of Cibus for nothing. You, Soda, even Tamato had been keeping tabs on me from time to time. And during all of that, I was doing nothing but paperwork, administrative activities, and general day-to-day billing. I've given more scouting missions to Protein and Poffin so I, in turn, stayed at the Guild.

"Now, I understand that you may not have seen that as anything particularly strange. But you should know that prior to the Destiny Tower incident, I spent a great deal of time in the field performing explorations and rescues. I have stopped that. Have you considered why, Vix?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix felt dumb for expecting less. Her composure faded for a moment, when she saw his frown and he called out her and the others' spying on him. They were being played from the beginning, counter-spied by the one they were tasked to spy on. S'more disappointment, much to Vix's surprise, stung.

But Vix didn't let that show. The only thing she could do now was keep a straight face, dig in her non-existent heels, and keep playing her cards as best she could. "I apologize for coming off as thinking you naive, sir. I had a feeling that you staying mostly in the guild was... strange, for a guildmaster. But with the increase of Pokemon, of legendaries like yourself, being corrupted by the Blacklight, I figured that was a safety measure of sorts. At the very least, it would give you an alibi if any more incidents came up while we had our eyes on you."

It didn't help his case that nothing really came up during that time, but... No, that's the end of that thought.

"If you, out of everyone in Destiny Village, was compromised... the rest of us might as well give up and go home. I only agreed to watch you because I believed you were innocent still, and I only ask this of you because I see no reason to keep our watch on you."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I see," S'more replied, and he turned to continue his pacing. His head was down, deep in thought. "All very understandable. Keeping an eye on anyone that was possibly suspicious. And indeed, if I was the one that had been compromised, there would be no telling what sort of damage I could do on missions."

He lifted his head. "That is why I had delegated most of my critical tasks to my most trusted allies instead. Aside from the Reverse World, I was sure not to go on any missions with small teams. I made sure all of my administrative work was trackable. Auditable. Everything I did would be something that could be traced.

"I already went to see Breaker. Wheat analyzed me for everything he could. Breaker claimed to see nothing suspicious in my memories, only that they were vast, and perhaps beyond what she could totally analyze. A deep, dark ocean of memories assaulted her; I should not expect a mortal to be able to sort through it all. And, of course, there is Karat..." He winced. "But he is not very careful. He did not see much, either.

"Breaker will not see anything more if she tries again, Vix. And I disagree that you should be taking suspicion off of me." He sighed, his little shoulders slackening. "It is very likely that I am indeed one of the spies you are looking for."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
There were many things Vix was expecting from this; getting turned down without a reason, meeting the mean end of S'more's fist, having her very soul punched instead of her body... But S'more himself admitting that he might be a spy wasn't high on that list. Or on it. Kinda made Vix feel bad about suspecting him and lying about it.

"...Is that so," Vix muttered, floating to S'more's side. It was hard to tell his emotions, but it was safe to assume he wasn't all that happy about this. "If you yourself think you're the spy, then allow me to help keep watch of you, please. At least, more than I already have been."

"With one of us by your side more than usual, the others can look for the rest of the spies without much worry. And... it might help put your mind at ease as well. If anything were to happen with you, I'd be the first to know, and the first to snap you out of it."

'Hopefully...'

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Perhaps that would be best," S'more said, nodding. "But if you do... I have one request." And finally, he looked at Vix--and there seemed to be nothing but sincerity in his eyes. "Please do not tell Pop about this. He would be devastated. If we have any luck... we can resolve this and rid me of whatever invisible curse I have, and we can tell him after. I do not want him to fret over this more than he must."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
'...oh shit he's kinda--'

There was a pinch on Vix's back, snapping her out of whatever thoughts were forming in her mind. Her Shadow had manifested for just that moment, and even though she didn't look away from S'more, Vix knew her shadow was glaring at her.

'I wasn't doing anything!' she thought, then focused back on the task at hand.

"You have my word, sir," Vix nodded. "I'll keep this from Arceus, I promise."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix shook her head, a jagged smile on her face. "No sir, nothing of importance at least. I'll leave you to your work..." she paused for a moment, then an idea popped into that head of hers. Or rather, an old fantasy of hers came back to mind.

"...Actually, I was looking to become a Guildmaster myself someday. If it isn't too much trouble, would I be able to assist you in your work? I've always been curious about the work a Guildmaster has to do, and watching it from afar didn't provide as much insight as one would think."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom