• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms ~ Dorm Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…and as the spirits bestow their power, the receiver of the gift shall accomplish great feats…”

Icetales was walking aimlessly through the lounge, holding a book in his leftmost tail. The battle against Red has left quite the impact in his mind and was curious to find out more about that phenomenon. Keo’Keo was walking by his side, guiding the real Ninetales with his body to avoid obstacles and stuff. However, he perked up when he saw the Charmeleon all by herself, looking thoughtfully at her badge.

“That Charmeleon… is she not an acquaintance of thine?”

“Hm?” Icetales lifted his gaze off of his book and looked around. Then, he spotted Mellow and his free tails wagged. “Ah, Miss Mellow! Long time no talk, hm?”

The Ninetales walked closer and grinned, but his smile waned slightly as he studied her expression. “Huh… Is something the matter?” he asked worriedly. Keo’Keo didn’t say anything, staring inquisitively at the Charmeleon.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Suddenly, an ember flickered over Mellow's curry. Just on the other side of the room, a great Charizard and his even greater Shadow looming over him. "Hey, Mellow," Owen said with his usual, cheerful grin. He must have sensed that the curry was cold, because it was quickly warming back up. "You, uh... looking for somebody?" He also nodded to Icetales, settling on one of the larger seats with a heavy thud and contented sigh.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
She was very thoroughly startled out of her trance from the two Pokémon that were suddenly in her vicinity, but quickly regained her composure as soon as she realized who the two were. Owen and Icetales, two that she was thankfully familiar with. She put her badge away and sat up.

"Well, I've been really busy working in the infirmary. It's very draining... But what's been bothering me is that we still have no idea who Giovanni's spy is. They'll probably do everything they can to free him, so we need to find out who it is fast...", Mellow explained. "...I just have no idea where to start. Or who to ask for help..."

She paused, and looked back up at the two. It was presumptuous but it was worth asking. They both knew the situation was pretty dire too, right?

"Would you be willing to help me trail one of the Pokémon in the God Squad? They're the ones we suspect the most."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Or spies," Owen said. "If Giovanni's telling the truth, we might have three..."

"Or two, and he's trying to get us to turn on each other," Cal added.

"Or four, and he thinks we'd let our guard down when we just find three." Owen looked off. "But we know, just from what happened, that we have at least one..."

"Who d'you wanna trail?" Cal asked. "Charizard aren't exactly the best at stealth."

"I can go Grass," Owen pointed out.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Keo’Keo narrowed his eyes, the blazing tails flaring up with a blue aura. “Hunting is my specialty. I can help track down whoever might be hiding in the shadows.”

Icetales quirked an eyebrow. “In the shadows… with those flames?”

“Hmph.” Keo’Keo’s flames turned pitch black and the Shadow blended with the terrain. Only his blue eyes were visible. “Were thou saying?”

Icetales tilted his head. “Huh, that works.”
He turned to the various members of the Charmander line and nodded, before whispering. “Very well. We shall offer our assistance in tracking down these spies. Who should we investigate first: the God Squad or some members of the Guild?”

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Hm...Soda seems the most suspicious. He's part of their team but he doesn't get the same support from them that they give each other otherwise. That could be incentive enough to change sides. ...Do you think we can pull off trailing him?", Mellow replied, starting strong but faltering at the end. He was a Zoroark, and his natural abilities were amplified by the Radiant power he had. He'd probably catch on that he was being trailed and make a run for it as soon as he did.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Maybe not normally because of what he's capable of," Owen said, but then smiled, showing quite a few of his teeth. Looked like he kept them very clean. "But with me by your side, I bet we can follow him anywhere! You just need to follow my directions when actually he's right down the hall."

Owen suddenly shifted his weight and glanced left. "I don't know if he's invisible or not, but I sense him just by the dorms..."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow went quiet, and glanced around at the group, then towards the dorm entrance. The others might get the feeling that she wanted to go and get into some kind of formation that would let them corner him while he was there, if at all possible. They would have to look as natural as possible. Out loud, she said, in a low voice, "Let's try to box him in, without raising his suspicions. Only attack if it looks like he might be about to run." She then turned to Owen. "Can you keep us updated on where he's going, through our badges?", Mellow asked, before turning to Icetales. "As we're closing in, try to put down ice to block the exits. ...If anyone asks, tell them we'll clean it up later."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
A deep purple shadow emerged from the nearby furniture, then quickly zipped over into Mellow's. Two yellow eyes connected by a jagged line popped out of it.

"Why are you guys also sneaking around?" Vix whispered. She had her reasons, but didn't really have to admit to trying to find Soda. Unless, like, Mellow, Owen, and Icetales were doing the same.

Mmmm, nah, she still wouldn't tell them. That'd be creepy.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
She then turned to Owen. "Can you keep us updated on where he's going, through our badges?", Mellow asked, before turning to Icetales. "As we're closing in, try to put down ice to block the exits. ...If anyone asks, tell them we'll clean it up later."

Icetales nodded in understanding. “Thou can count on yours truly. If he attempts to flee, he shall not go past me.”

“Nor me!” hissed the Shadow, his eyes narrowed to slits. “He would better not try anything shady, otherwise…” He smirked, flashing sharp fangs of shadows. “Actually, let him try that. I wonder how Zoroark taste like, heh heh heh!”

Icetales paled instantly, horror filling his mind, before staring anxiously at the others. “I-if anyone asks, I do not know this sir.”

“…I was merely jesting.” He humphed. “Golly! Thou cannot get a joke…”

"Why are you guys also sneaking around?" Vix whispered.

“By heavens!”

“By Chaos!”

Both Ninetales glanced behind them, noticing the spectral figure of Vix glancing curiously at the group. The real fox took a deep breath in relief and whispered back. “Ah, Miss Vix. Greetings to thee, too. I am most pleased to see thee.”

“Yes. We much appreciated losing a century of our life because thou decided to be all poltergeist-y,” deadpanned Keo’Keo. Icetales stepped in front of his Shadow, who hissed angrily and glowed red, and continued whispering.

“Dost not mind him. We are trying to track down Sir Soda to ask him a few questions. There are… a few things that have been boggling our minds.”

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
“Nor me!” hissed the Shadow, his eyes narrowed to slits. “He would better not try anything shady, otherwise…” He smirked, flashing sharp fangs of shadows. “Actually, let him try that. I wonder how Zoroark taste like, heh heh heh!”

Hmm... for some reason, an image of of roast beef popped into Vix's mind from that. She surprisingly wasn't all that bothered by it, but hoped that wasn't a sign of anything.

“By heavens!”

“By Chaos!”

"By Limbo," Vix snickered, her face floating over to the two startled foxes. "I didn't realize scaring people was so much fun! I hope you both don't mind if I do it again, sometime, maybe, probably." She was unreasonably smug about this, but there were more important things at hand.

"So you guys are trying to follow Soda t--, ehem... You're following Soda?" Nice save. "I'm not doing anything so I might as well tag along, it'll be like I'm not even heeeeeeeeeere~!" she said, putting on a "spooky" voice.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You know," Soda said from down the hall, before Owen could have a chance to confirm to the others that he was still on his way, "if you guys are trying to pin down a spy, you're doing a really shit job at it."

"Uh--that, uh, what are you talking about?" Owen asked.

Soda didn't even bother replying and looked at Vix and Mellow next. "Alright. What's this about?"

Cal glanced at Wishkeeper, but all the Shadowy Charizard did was stare at Soda, analyzing for any possible slips.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Oh shit he's already here...

"Heeeeeeeeeeeey, Soda," Vix said, only sort of nervous as the rest of her body rose from the floor.

'Quick, act natural! You're gonna blow your cover!' Vix told herself, then started to melt. 'Not that natural!'

She cleared her throat, reforming. "I scared them, accidentally... on purpose," Vix admitted. It wasn't entirely a lie, but it wasn't all that true either. Or at least it wasn't why she was here. As if she would tell Soda the real reason. "You look better, for someone who got crushed by a Snorlax and all."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow went still for a moment. Then she stood up, brushed herself off, and sighed.

"It's about you, actually.", she replied, a moment before roots burst through the floor and wrapped around the Zoroark. Her expression was unreadable, but anyone with a trained eye could see that she was shaking.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…So much for being subtle,” grumbled Keo’Keo to himself, raising himself from the floor. His mane was burning with a brilliant blue light and his eyes were narrowed and focused. With his head lowered and haunches raised, he was ready to sprint forward at any given moment.

Icetales himself was equally shocked, but for different reasons. Rather than out of frustration, it was out of horror. Was Mellow targeting the real deal… or just an illusion? And if that was an illusion, then where could the real Soda be?

However, he pushed any nervousness away and stared down at the other fox, regardless of whether he was in the flesh or not, his tails swaying and some thin mist gathering around them.

“Why, Sir Soda! We need to inquire thee about a few… matters. Apologies for this, but it is important.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The vines had wrapped around nothing but thin air, and Soda easily dodged it. Owen's eyes had gone someplace else entirely, and it was clear that he had actually been standing several feet away without any effort. He was never where he claimed to be by the light...

But Owen could still see, and while he was tempted to replicate Mellow's roots, he decided to not try that just yet.

"The fuck are you getting on about?" Soda growled back. "What is this? Sleuthing for spies? Why the fuck are you going straight for me?"

Owen hesitated. Genuine irritation, that's all he felt. And even a little hurt.

"Because I'm a fucking Zoroark I'm automatically the deceiver? Fuck you." His voice shook.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Wait, what the hell?! Didn't they say they were gonna ask Soda a few questions?! Vix was about to burn away the roots, when Soda revealed himself to be an illusion anyway. The Chandelure rose entirely from the ground, an appalled look on her face.

"Wh-What are you doing? Is this actually what you guys were up to, trying to attack Soda?! You didn't even try and ask questions first!" Vix huffed, staring Mellow down, then gave Owen and Icetales a more disappointed look. "And you two were just... going along with all this? Really?"

Vix turned to Soda, wanting to approach him but knowing better than to actually try. "I'm sorry about them, I'm sure they didn't think you were the spy because of that." For the love of God I hope they didn't...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I-it wasn't why," Owen said. "We were just investigating everyone in God Squad, not just--you. Everyone could be a spy, you know?"

Soda still looked irate and there was a crazed look in his eyes. Being suspected of sabotage... Owen sensed that this bothered Soda on a deeper level than irritation. It reminded him of how Soda had reacted when Darkwhite had been stolen away.

"Then ask it," Soda replied, and his illusions seemed to falter. A flicker of his true location had appeared, but then quickly obscured away. "What do you want?"

Wishkeeper tried to read Soda's body language again, but something was bugging him. He seemed to be having trouble getting the details he usually could.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"We have no idea who it might be, ok!?", Mellow spat back in frustration. "We finally have the guy who's been fucking with us this whole time, and we don't know who might screw us all over and let him go! We can't just sit and do nothing!!"

Her eyes darted to where he appeared for a second, then back at where he showed up again. Her scales seemed to be getting darker.

"We just...I just... I want to go home.", the Charmeleon mumbled. Shadows seemed to be spreading out around her, almost like they were reaching out in every direction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom