• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Null Realm ~ Blacklight Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Even if they hurt him...? Even if they...he'd still...?

Their mind was made up. A glint of determination was in their eyes.

They'll get through this. They'd still win. Burhalla, Gen, mom, dad, Leon, Lidequir, Acacia...Shiron, Vix, Brisa, Bahamut, Dave, Koa, Starr, Owen...Kora, Diyem, Thyme, Sword...Dill...

For all of them, they'd surpass this. They'd overcome their worries, their fears! They'd take down the Eternal Blacklight!

THEY'D MAKE IT TO THAT SUNSET YET!

A pair of vines shot out from Saltriv, wrapping Dill in the tightest hug they could muster. The shadowy wisps began receding, retracting along the connection lines.

"Dill...Dill, thank you," they said, as they embraced their partner, smiling even as the wisps lapped at them. "We'll make it to that sunset!"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Let's do it!" Saltriv replied with renewed confidence.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut bit back the urge to make a remark about how the two needed to take their anime moment somewhere else because he was trying to focus.

Everyone else was summoning help while he stuck to the same routine he'd been in for a while, now. Well, perhaps the thing inside realized that, too, and so it was forcing him to do something different.

Joke was on that idiot. Bahamut wanted to do something different. And now he had a perfect excuse.

I believe you can hear me. You beat yourself up for so long over how useless you felt against the Blacklight. Well, now's a chance to make that difference you were clamoring for.

It didn't require some grand proclamation. Because Bahamut knew he'd reach Maple somehow. That must've been how this hope stuff worked.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Diyem's telepathy was abuzz with urgent strategic chatter, Mia zooming around between people to confirm their current capabilities.

"Somebody try to take out the Divine Power!" Dave yelled at their allies. "We're going to go disrupt that thing!"

Before he moved, though, he hesitated. He glanced up at Ionys where he hovered over everything, strangely calm amid the chaos, his new unruly hair rippling unsettlingly in nonexistent wind. Ghost.

"Hey, Soda, you... you definitely left a Substitute with Flesh before we left, didn't you?"

He'd read about Substitutes a while back, when Soda was on the moon. About a guy who died, whose Substitute had lasted a while afterwards, getting his affairs in order.

He looked around at the silver phantoms, grappling with their Blacklight counterparts. Hard to tell who was who, who was there and who wasn't. "Flesh?" he called, wary. "You there?" And what if he fucking was? "I guess you've..." Had he? Dave clenched his teeth. "Look, I'm sorry, all right?"

And what did that mean? Who did it even help? "I just... I'll get you some of those fucking trees you like later. If I even make it out of here."

He downed a Max Elixir to recover some energy, tossed one of Leg's creepy dolls towards the Blacklight monstrosity, and then charged towards Brisa.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Everything was coming together. This fight was nowhere near over, but after being hounded so hard, brought so close to their end—this was their shot at shifting the tide. Astrid whirred across the battlefield in tandem with the rest of the team, fully intending to seize it.

Lightning and flames. She’d danced with them like she’d danced with the Blacklight for all this time, but right now, there was something just as alive about it, warming her up like the sun peeking through on a cloudy morning. She glanced over and saw Brisa and Starr fighting valiantly as ever. Did they feel it too?

“I feel so… so… complete,” Astrid whispered. Out of breath, but it hardly mattered. What a grin there was on her face! “See, Kyurem? Every little thing mattered, right up until the end. Of course Cibus can weather the storm. When we all believe in each other—”

They’d take a few more big hits yet, but as far as she was concerned…

“—Cibus is the storm.”

The clashes and violent cries had begun, first at a slow crawl, then as a booming ambience fading into the distant wastelands of the realm. Nothing could get between the souls of Cibus and the Blacklight’s lifeless apparitions as their business unfolded. The apparations were vicious, but there was something distinct about the Cibus souls, like each one was far too individualized to lose to globs of nothing. It was in the nature of Pokemon to fight, but did the Blacklight understand that? Would it ever?

Immense weight left her paws shaking with each breath. It was a mental game at this point, pulling her Stored Power up from the depths of her tails to attack. They were getting too big; she was getting too tired. She’d go out with a whimper at this rate, not a bang.

Can’t have that. She’d destroy them all first. She’d pry this realm from its claws if it killed her. She’d explode again and again and again—

Astrid was Inspired by Starr!
Astrid’s Fateful Fission dealt Sniper-boosted CRITICAL damage to the Eterna Blacklight and the Puppet horde!

Flames and lighting, blues and yellows and whites, and a sickening ringing in her head. That attack had been heavier than anything she’d ever imagined shouldering. No room for air in her lungs. Legs were melting like lava, everything burning like an erupting volcano having sat dormant until this. She shouldn’t even be able to move, she was so beyond her limits.

Yet she stood. The Hope just kept stacking. She kept going.

And again.

Astrid blasted the Puppet horde with Radiance!

Caught between a lucid Valor-driven stupor, a burnt-out heap, and a living bomb of all the wrong circumstances, Astrid swallowed, tasted a touch of blood from earlier, and scoffed, finding it in herself to be angry.

“There are so many cool things you can do with this stuff! The stuff you’re made out of! Haven’t you seen?!”

And again.
Words brushed aside by the nonexistent wind.

“You could create! Look at everything we’ve created!”

Astrid used Null Sweeper Flail on the Eternal Blacklight and the Puppet horde!

“Look at what we’ve come back from!”

Astrid unleashed Blacklight Meltdown on the Eternal Blacklight and the Puppet horde! It’s Ultra Effective!

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa set her sights once again on the nexus of Radiance clutched in the amalgam's claws. Her Shadows were their best weapon against something like that, so she struck, again and again, until it went down. Can't risk otherwise. Can't tire out. Can't fail. Together, they were weakening the amalgam – making it vulnerable with all the hexing and interference they could. It'd shake so much of it off, but at this rate, they could turn the tide of momentum. There was nothing like having the tempo advantage in a fight. Again, again, again. Faster than thunder. Keep hittin' it.

A war of hope and despair boiled around her, the battlespace rupturing again and again from clashing beliefs. The spirits of Cibus flew with them, silver and brave, granting such power as the team had never thought to touch, and the Eternal Blacklight responded with the deepest, innermost despair. There – Saltriv screaming about hurting their friends. There – Bahamut contending with the ostensible curse he laid on all worlds he visited. There – Owen, in anguish about losing himself. What was it gonna levy against the rest of her friends? Against her?

It won't matter. Y'ain't stupid enough to believe whatever it fuckin' tells you 'bout yerself. Deep down, you know y'ain't some wild, cruel thing. You'll pulll through.

She'd better.

She'd better be her best.

"Zekrom,"
she said. Softly, and to her patron dragon alone. "I owe everyone all that I could ever be. I have a duty to our world, to never tire or falter. Please... Help me fulfil it."

And with that, Brisa's struck again with light, with darkness, with hope in her heart to get through whatever came next.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Well, what do you know. That bastard actually came through in the end. Not that it came close to making up for all the bullshit he'd caused, but... it'd do for now. Starr's limbs felt lighter than they had ever since she'd arrived at this place. Moving around, dodging, striking--it all felt easier. Good, she could keep this up for a while--

And then the storm came. One after another, strikes from the ball of shadows, tearing through her shields. Then that horrible wave of twisted up energy came radiating outward, and there was no stopping it, no dodging it. Starr screwed her eyes shut and grit her and felt the blinding pain tear through her body right before everything went dark.

A flash of golden light, and her awareness returns. Could've been seconds later, or hours--it all felt the same. Starr slowly dragged herself to her feet, body numb and limbs trembling. Another hit like that and she'd be down, and probably not getting back up this time. And if she fell, the team wouldn't pull through without her. Brisa and Astrid... they needed her. And... she needed them.

She could still feel it, that energy linking the three of them. Energy that for some bizarre reason felt so much like...

"I don't know if you can hear me," Starr muttered through ragged breaths. "But this thing keeps hitting us with its so-called 'truth,' and you oughta know better than anyone that it's bullshit, but... we sure could go for some other kind of truth right about now."

Starr called out to Reshiram!

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
All three of them... Astrid, Brisa, Starr. They might not be in one spot, back to back, but they fought together all the same. They were meant to.

And somehow, Brisa knew, they all prayed at once to the dragons of Cibus' virtue, their patrons, divine counterparts to the way they felt and thought and strove.

If they'd earned the dragons' blessing together...

...then they could only triumph.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
As the haze cleared and Nate could finally get a clear sight of the Blacklight thing. And, honestly? He'd been picturing something even more disgusting than that. Sure, the sucker mouth thing was disgusting, and the way its whole skin rippled and bulged with, like, the screaming faces of the damned or whatever the fuck, he could do without that, but whatever. He'd seen what happened when you pissed Mewtwo off enough, and it definitely beat this thing for how much it made you want to lose your lunch.

This thing did look like it was cooking up another one of those crazy beam attacks, though, which was more than a little intimidating. Nate grimaced when Owen told them all not to move, but he stood firm. So this was the part, then? When they were supposed to just stand around and take the Blacklight thing's shit?

In the end, undead Soda saved them, so apparently not. Nate sighed deeply, then glanced around. It was like the battle had just lurched forward into some new stage, with attacks flying everywhere again, the goddamn glowy orb things back, and now spirits from, like, Cibus itself getting in the mix. For a moment he wasn't even really sure what he should do.

Overhead, it looked as though Eien was feeling the same way. She wasn't sure how to fire her own big attack? He almost smiled. Shit. Maybe they should have done some training or something before coming up here. He was the one who'd asked her to come; he couldn't just leave her hanging.

"Hey, Eien!" he called, running closer to the eternatus, waving his arms over her head to get her attention. "Try hitting that glowy one instead of the main body! The one that's like Divine or whatever the fuck!" He pointed towards one of the Blacklight creature's claw... things. "Just concentrate! You got this. You don't gotta say nothing, but hey, it's more fun that way, right? Why not say something like Here's a taste of your own medicine?"

Nate called out to Eien!

Xernatus was back on his feet, if not exactly in his best form. Rocky smiled and left him to fight with a couple last words of encouragement.

It looked like everybody on Cibus was trying to help out now. Golden light suffused the battlefield, and the voices of people far away filled the air below the hum of attacks and crackling explosions. Strange energy was building in his core again, delivered from people even farther away, ones he didn't even know.

Rocky looked around at the people fighting on all sides, the spirits joining them for battle. He was starting to feel a little left out, even with the special powers Pop had given him activating again. Who could he ask to help out?

Well... there was one person he knew who'd probably be sad if he missed all of this.

"Cola!" Rocky called, silver light dripping between his ectoplasmic fingers and streaming away towards another world. "Come on and play! Now's your chance to show everyone your best attacks. Show them what a cool god you're going to be!"

Rocky called out to Cola!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
A rift in the aether opened, and a golden light descended, shining as a star plucked from the heavens. In the midst of the golden glow, an imp floated, emanating a power that was at once great and terrible to behold. It looked on the fighting and chaos--and instantly calmed down.

Oh. You... didn't summon me, did you? Well, I'll help anyway!

Jirachi filled the air with a powerful burst of energy.

~Starlight
:)

~Kintsugi
"I sweet-talked this out of a seven hundred year old sugar maple—don't spend it all in one place!"

~Boots
The whole party is brimming with hope!
Vix called out to S’moren’t!
Bahamut called out to Maple!
Nip called out to Yveltal!
Dave called out to Flesh!
Koa called out to Ben!
Brisa called out to Zekrom!
Starr called out to Reshiram!
Astrid called out to Kyurem!
The Gals called out at once to the Tao Trio!
Vix’s Justice drained Bahamut’s corruption!
Vix’s bellow soothed Icetales, Bahamut, and Dave!
Bahamut’s Brilliant Beacon drained Vix’s corruption! He goaded the enemy to attaack only him!
Bahamut switched Astrid and Owen!
Vix switched places with Brisa!
Dave was Brisa’s chauffeur!
Nip was Icetales and Brisa’s chauffeur!
Nip’s Moonlight healed and revitalized Dave, Starr and Brisa!
Icetales’s Brilliant Inspirit empowered Astrid, Starr, Brisa, and Koa!
Icetales’s Diamond Aurora Veil protected and healed several allies!
Nip’s Eternal Spirit still burns! He didn't run away!
Nip's Void Frostbite dealt [+2362 Poison, +1125 Freeze, +5400 Para]

Dave’s Eternal Spirit is burning bright! He's had enough of their shit!
Dave's quadruple Determined Eterna Smash made the Eternal Blacklight flinch, and lowered its Defense by 6748!

Icetales’s Void Wraith dealt 2012 Freeze to the Eternal Blacklight!

Supported by Icetales and Vix, Brisa’s Blacklight Extremespeed 3 dealt a CRITICAL 5516 damage to the Light Power!
Brisa’s Void Arcstrike dealt 3004 damage to the Light Power!
Brisa’s Blacklightning Boltstrike dealt 2156 damage to the Light Power, destabilizing it!

Koa’s Eternal Spirit is burning! His thunderous kiai splits the air!
Koa’s Eterna Echoing Four-step Focus Blast dealt a partially CRITICAL 7960 damage and inflicted -6748 Resistance on the Eternal Blacklight!

Supported by Icetales, Starr’s Brilliant Flarestrike dealt CRITICAL damage!
Shadow Power: 4402
Eternal Blacklight: 4044
Blacklight Puppets: 885
Starr’s Double Insolent Power Trip dealt awesome damage!
Shadow Power: 6697, destabilize!
Eternal Blacklight: 12289
Blacklight Puppets: 1390

Inspired by Starr, Astrid’s Null Stored Power dealt CRITICAL damage!
Eternal Blacklight: 11935
Blacklight Puppets: 3627
Astrid’s Null Flail dealt awesome damage!
Eternal Blacklight: 7721
Blacklight Puppets: 823

The Eternal Blacklight retaliated defensively once it lost its Overheal, curling into itself! Ten Eternal Protects appeared around it!

Astrid’s Radiant Blast wasn't enough to break the barrier!
Astrid’s Eternal Spirit is burning! She's not holding back!
Blacklight Meltdown dealt awesome damage and pierced through the Eternal Protects, destroying one as well!
Eternal Blacklight: 4782
Blacklight Puppets: 1417

"Right... Aim at... at that one!" Eien nodded, then shifted her whole body toward that Divine Power. "This... is my best attack! One I learned... from you! H-here's... Oh, what did Nate say...? A-ah! Here's a taste of your own medicine!"

The deafening roar sliced through the atmosphere and slammed into the Divine Power... and then sailed on!

Eien's Eternal Blacklight Cannon struck the Divine Power with three of its ten shots for 6157 damage!
It sailed onward into the The Eternal Blacklight, destroying all 9 remaining barriers before the final hit dealt 2072 damage!

"H-holy fuck, Eien!" Cal said, holding onto her head, like she was worried some of it was going to fly off.

"I-I'm sorry!" Eien said quickly, lowering her head. "D-did I do badly?"

Diyem looked distracted by something...

"Ngg--I'm not going to get... sidetracked," Diyem muttered, clearing his throat. "Taking advantage... of the opportunity!"

Diyem used Abyssal Onslaught, which chained into itself, dealing 8314 damage, totally overhealing Diyem!

"Hey, Xerny!" Sword said. "Forget defense. I can take a hit. Let's fuck it up!" She winked at Cal, who didn't hear her. "You ready?"

"Um--I'll try. I hope... This can help a little... Just a bit!"

Xernatus used Eterna Vigor, letting Sword repeat her last action!
Sword used Darkwhite Devastation twice, dealing a CRITICAL 9946 damage to The Eternal Blacklight!

Ionys floated there, observing the fight. It was serene, in a way. His mind was clearer than usual, and perhaps that was a perk of being immortal. He was also a little distracted, thinking about how all this time, he'd been striving to be his own person, to fight with power he claimed for himself... only to wind up dead and under the control of yet another god.

He wasn't sure why, then, that it seemed appropriate. He certainly still felt that he was of sound mind. Not necessarily body, anymore. But maybe... He always wanted to work with Maple. The one person who saw him at his worst, and still understood why and forgave. And understood.

Yes, he owed her this servitude. And he didn't regret a second of it so far.

His trained eyes tapped into a new power. He watched and observed this Blacklight, ever so familiar with its power, with its energy...

Ionys focused, gaining an understanding of The Eternal Blacklight. He predicts that it will take a defensive reaction, and then reply with a repeating onslaught thereafter.

"Hey!" Ionys called sharply.

Owen stiffened, like he knew it was a call toward him. He looked up.

"Direct your team," Ionys commanded. "It's gonna do something to build up a charge. Keep everyone stable, everyone standing, and then this'll be the end!"

"H-how do you know?" Owen asked. "Not even I can sense--"

"I know." Ionys stared it down. "I'll never forget."

--
"Oh? If you need some of my help, I will certainly try... I suppose I do owe my... creator, in some way, its release." S'more chuckled--and S'more was the name he answered to, now, strange as it may have been. Perhaps he would find another name soon, like Mallow. That seemed to fit, and he wasn't sure why. "Perhaps I should give you some assistance!"

Eterna S'more answered the call! He struck at the Blacklight Puppets, dealing 1000 damage! He copied some of its power and gave Vix +2 Valor!

"...You're right," Maple hummed to Bahamut. "I was so useless for so long against it... So blind to my own possession that I'm here now." She tilted her blade, narrowing her eyes. "I owe it a favor or two."

Maple disappeared from view, and then reappeared next to Bahamut. "...Perhaps this will help guide you in the future... on how to be a sword and a shield, when the time is right. I don't care what past your memories are based on... Because the future is still yours to grasp." She guided Bahamut's vision toward the Blacklight. "I look forward... to working with you in the future, if you'd humor me in defending Telum."

Maple answered the call! Maple energized Bahamut, Helping him! He gained access to Shining Blades, and can use it at no cost for the rest of the fight! Bahamut gained Sure Crit+∞! Bahamut's stamina was restored by 100!
Bahamut's Shining Blades dealt 1024 damage!

"There you are," Yveltal said, descending upon Nip with a frown. "Are you having trouble...? Then I will help... Consider it a blessing on behalf of the Yveltal from your home."

Yveltal answered the call! Nip gained a +1000 spike to any interactions the enemy makes! Yveltal struck the Blacklight Puppets for 1000 damage and overhealed healed Nip to 150%!

From the swarm came an Arcanine, looking down at Koa encouragingly. "Put all of your power into this, now! Show everyone the power of hyoomins, and make all of your dreams come true!" He wanted to make sure his friend had the strength to push through and succeed. "Fight for Cibus, fight for change, fight to win!"

Ben answered the call! Koa gained Sure Crit+∞ and All-Stab Adaptable!

Flesh roared in response to Dave, but there was a resolute look in his eyes. Ionys was drifting next to him, as was an unnerved-looking piece of him--Soda, still mortal, just a fragment of his spirit. Like he was looking at his future, only seconds from now.

"I, uh, so, uh... Fuck, man."

Ionys smirked. "Guess we're working for Maple a while longer."

"Goddammit." Soda rubbed his forehead. But he smiled, too. "...Yeah. Guess that's karma."

"Said the same damn thing. Flesh!"

"AAAAH?"

"Snack time."

Flesh answered the call! He filled Dave with a ravenous aura! All attacks heal him instead, until full! Dave gained +5000 fixed damage!

"...Then this is our true foe," Reshiram said.

"But we have the ideal team to do it!" Zekrom added, looking down at the three.

"I'm so tired..." Kyurem yawned. "I think they have it covered already, don't they...?"

"It doesn't hurt to give them a small boost, in the end," Reshiram said, humming. "I suspect they will have more to deal with soon."

"Is it time to...?" Zekrom tilted her head.

"Party tiiiime..." Kyurem waved her tiny arms in the air.

Zekrom held one of Kyurem's claws. Reshiram reached a wing down and held the other.

"Yaaaaaay..."

A bright light surrounded the three... And then, in its true, silver splendor, the full-colored Dragon of Cibus appeared, making the phantom that had appeared in the Tree of Life nothing but a cheap copy.

She raised her hand skyward and a brilliant light shined. The Eternal Blacklight screeched.

"No matter how much you strike us, Blacklight... You shall not overcome our combined strength. This is the power of the world. Our world! And THIS"--She held her wings out, and the whole of Team Spectrum glowed--"is OUR future!"

The Dragon of Cibus answered the call! Team Spectrum gained the Guarded perk!

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"W̴h̶y̷ ̵w̷o̷n̴'̵t̴ ̵y̵o̴u̴ ̵f̸a̶l̶l̵?̷!̸"

The Eternal Blacklight curled again, taking so many hits, completely overwhelmed by everything that had been dealt to it. Its defenses were waning; everything it was trying to do was nothing against the team's increased power.

It looked like it was, just as Ionys predicted, doing something defensive... And now, even Owen could see what was happening.

It nearly aimed at Bahamut, but then held off. It had to do something else...

"̸G̴i̸v̴e̵ ̶u̴p̴.̴.̶.̵ ̴g̸i̶v̷e̸ ̵u̸p̸!̴ ̴G̸I̷V̶E̵ ̸U̶P̴!̷"̵

The Eternal Blacklight drew in everyone!
The Eternal Blacklight sacrificed the Last Words of the three Powers to make extra Actions!
The Eternal Blacklight used Eternal Blacklight Truth three times...!

Mirrors of everyone appeared in front of them, all in unnerving, impossible to ignore apparitions. Some were hurt and maimed; others were standing there, smiling cruelly; a horrible buzz filled the minds of every victim.

To Astrid, a tiny Vulpix was curled up, in some sort of pain. "It hurts... It always hurts... And this time, I killed all of them... I was... too reckless..."

Volatile... Astrid gained a +500 spike... Anyone who interacts with her will take damage!

To Brisa, a Luxio was sitting down, dejection in her eyes. "...If we fail here... Maybe we can stay t'gether longer. Otherwise... all this... will go away."

Empty... Brisa lost her Paragon, Burn, and Charges!

To Dave, it was the silhouette of a human, surrounded by a blackened aura, like an empty room. He laughed as what looked like a bottle clattered to the ground. "No matter what I do... I just drag them all down with me. Bullshit..."

Toxic... Dave's Hex Counter applies to anyone who interacts with him!

To Icetales, it looked almost like his father. But it was, in his heart, him. He knew it was him. "Why fight it?" he asked. "Let's kill everyone... and rule in this new Chaos!" It plunged into Icetales' chest, pulling out a wretched blade. "I'll show you!"

Wrath... Icetales will strike someone nearby with Chaos Scythe at the end of next turn!

To Koa, a human boy, but in an eerie pose, head cocked slightly, arms behind his back. It was a pose Koa would recognize hauntingly well, especially from those empty eyes that didn't seem like his own. "All this suffering... Wouldn't it be better to end everything instead? Maybe... he was right. It's all imperfect..."

Destruction... Koa can't receive any buffs this turn!

To Mellow, a Charmander sat, looking small and vulnerable, hiding from a mob that looked like her friends. Or were they ever her friends? "Wh-what do I do now?" she asked. "I'm... I'm too different. I'll just..."

Exclusion... Mellow won't acknowledge any interaction from Team Spectrum!

To Nip, there was a desperate Sneasel running through a forest, holding something in his arms. He looked desperately left and right. "None of this matters," he whispered. "I just have to survive. I just have to..."

Fear... Nip will Freeze, Burn, and Paralyze +200 anyone who interacts with him!

To Starr, a human stood with phantoms of red-eyed Pokemon behind her. "In the end, power's what matters." They loomed large. "And in the end, I only hurt everyone else. The answer's clear, isn't it? ...Go alone, and be the strongest. Nothing else matters. Then I won't... be controlled ever again."

Subjugation... Anyone who interacts with Starr will lose an action next turn!

To Vix, something strange and shapeless appeared, trying to be two things at once, and failing at both. "Wh-who am I? Does it matter? Or... or am I meant to fade... and become a hollow shell?"

Directionless... Vix is confused, and lost both her Wax and her Unleash!

"There it is," Ionys whispered to himself, spotting something in the chest of The Eternal Blacklight. "That's it. That's the heart. Destroy it... and the whole nightmare'll be over."

"Oh, the fuck is it doing NOW?!" Cal whined.

As a final action, The Eternal Blacklight used Eternal Blacklight Genesis... All five powers were restored! The Eternal Blacklight and the five powers gained 100% damage resistance!

A final assault is incoming!

The Eternal Blacklight has a total of +12 Valor!

Cal's insight: Fuck it up!
Owen's Insight: We can't! Not yet! But there it is! That's the core! If we can endure this final onslaught... we can counterattack! That'll be it!
I think it can still be hexed, though, even now...!

The Eternal Blacklight, and Powers: Invulnerable
Puppets: 10,000

Team Spectrum's Valor rose to +5!
The Eternal Blacklight took 12,500 damage from Poison!

Last edited:

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
A deep pit formed in Dill's gut as he laid eyes upon a small Totodile before him, horrific burns and wounds covering him as he let in feeble gasps for final breath.

"What does it matter? Life is just a straight road to death anyways. How does what you do and who you care for matter when you're just gonna die and be forgotten anyways?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv looked around as more apparitions appeared around the team, whispering to them, likely the same kinds of things their own apparition had told them.

And...one had appeared right in front of their partner. A horrifically wounded Totodile, looking to be on the verge of death. Was...was that Dill in his final moments?

No, no, they couldn't let Dill succumb like they did!

"Dill, focus! Look at me! It's going to be ok! You're not going to die!" they called out, wrapping a vine around one of Dill's hands.

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
Dill seemed to blink for a moment, seeming to reconsider.

Right... he just had to think of the sunset. The sunset...

The Totodile gasped again, driving that metaphorical stake deeper. Dill started to tremble as he tried to pull his hand away.

"N-no, Sal, you don't get it... e-even if we win, it'll happen eventually, one way or another, and you'll have to watch... l-like Rye... I-I'm so sorry..." the Feraligatr managed out, his breath trembling hopelessly. Something was changing on his arm, the scales beginning to blister and take on a reddish tint as wisps of shadow began to travel up and down its length. A burn...

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Was...was Dill's arm burning?

They had to quell that immediately!

They focused on the wonder that they'll experience once they defeat the Eternal Blacklight. The wonder of seeing that sunset with Dill, the wonder of saving the world, the wonder of how overjoyed everyone will be for finally doing this, and began channeling that wonder into an Aromatherapy.

But as they did so, the shadowy wisps began to near a fever pitch. No, they couldn't do that yet! Not until their shadows were quelled.

But then how would they help Dill with his burn?

...they could still help, even if they couldn't help the burn.

"That's not going to be for many, many years! There's so much we'll do before then! Everything before that, it'll all be worth it!" they called, wrapping their vine in another loop around Dill's hand.

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
As more shadows crawled along Dill's skin, more burns started to appear all across his body, beginning to look similar to those covering the Totodile before him. As Saltriv spoke, though, the wisps' dashing began to slow, the blistering following suit, though he still didn't look at Saltriv.

"Wh-what does it matter? We'll just..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv's eyes widened at the spreading burns. They needed to stop this, and fast!

"And so what? We still have our whole lives ahead of us!" they retorted, taking a step closer to Dill. "Our journey has only just begun! We have so many happy memories to look forward to, so much joy! Don't give it all up!"

Sudmensch

Pronouns
he/him
Dill finally glanced at Saltriv, staring at him before glancing down at his raw, blistered arm, the awful flashbacks that came with them fueling the resistance brewing.

Sure, that sunset might not matter in the long run. But... this wasn't the long run, was it? Saltriv was right. He had a second shot, and he was gonna make it matter. He could worry about what came next later. And with everyone's help here, he'd start right here, right now.

As the shadowy wisps finally ground to a halt and started to drift off him, Dill wrapped Saltriv in a hug, though winced and barely stifled a scream as the new burns across his body were agitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom