• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Null Realm ~ Blacklight Eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Hold yer fuckin' ground," roared Brisa, wrestling back her consciousness with teeth and fists and gut all clenched tight. "Trust Owen!"

The five-part powers were back, as if they'd achieved nothing. There were apparitions in the battlespace that the combat telepathy told her would come for them indefinitely. An attack was coming for them for which they had no goddamn defence.

Don't give up.

Don't give up.

"Don't fuckin' give up, no matter what this bastard throws at us," she cried.

Brisa braced herself to die...

Go on. Snap my fucking neck. Do it. I'll come back from where that sends me. I'll kill you. I'll fucking kill you. You'll never be rid of me, damn you.

...and to damn well unleash utter hell if she didn't.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Hm, of course. That entity was really hellbent in getting rid of everyone, wasn’t it?

Icetales growled, his hackles raised and his tails flailing. Cosmic matter pooled from within his chest and swirled all around the area, increasing the size of the Blacklight Quasar to shield the entire team from other incoming attacks.

“Brace yourselves!” he shouted, focusing all his energy into his shields. “Whatever comes for us, we must not yield! We have pulled off miracles before, what is one last time?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The sky was tearing itself apart. Rifts into the Null Realm encroached upon the world like a spreading disease, leaving cracks in the aether. Blacklight projections were looking like they were about to crawl through, weakly, dissolving in the Cibusean air. But every time they tried, they seemed to get a little further inside.

All around the world, people could see what was happening… The end of Team Spectrum was at hand…

“Then it is time,” Pop said, closing his eyes. “Our last resort… But I can feel it in all of Cibus, watching now.” He raised his head and, even as his Legends all fought against the portal, reached out…

People of Cibus… you can all see it, can’t you? The Heroes of Darkness who have fought to save our world countless times over the past year. They are struggling. Now is the time. Now is when we must pay our dues. I have all approached you in a vision… a vision for us to share.

Please, now is the time to fulfil that promise. It is time for us to save them…

Maple was about to physically enter, but stopped suddenly when she spotted something coming toward her—something only she could see. Next to her was Buffet, who had sensed the same thing.

“Is that—”

Maple reached toward this invisible object, grasping it, then holding it like something was in her palm. She was wide-eyed, mouth slightly agape in surprise. “…I… I see,” she said. “Then… that is your answer?”

A pause, and then she closed her palm. Buffet looked respectful, giving a light bow, and then stared forward. “Good luck, Maple,” Buffet said.

“It’s not me that needs it.” Maple’s paw brightened, and then she sent something forward and into the Null Realm like a blazing comet.

<><><>​

Thyme and Pepper were relaxing on the beach when the sky tore itself apart. They, with Surf and Turf, were staring skyward, nodding with a grave certainty.

“Go, Team Spectrum!” Turf called, the Croconaw making clumsy waving motions in the air while splashing in the water. “Don’t you stop now! You keep fighting!”

Surf got up next, thrashing her tail behind her. “You guys aren’t gonna give up NOW, are you?!” she said. “Yeah, right! You’re better than that!”

Golden orbs rose from the two of them, as well as Thyme and Pepper. They all stood up, like they knew what was about to happen, because they’d seen it in a dream that felt too real.

“Team Spectrum helped us when they’d first arrived,” Pepper said. “And then that one kid… Saltriv, right?”

“Yeah, they visited a while back. Haven’t seen another Meganium in a while. Never saw leaves like that, though.” Thyme trotted forward, limbering up. “That Colosseum fight made me feel outta shape. But, we’ve still got it… huh?”

“I think we do,” Pepper hummed.

“One last fight?” Thyme asked Pepper, who smiled.

“Guess so.”

They disappeared in a wash of gold.

<><><>​

“Gooo Astrid… gooo Astrid…”

In her home, in the dark comfort of her room, Kyurem waved her arms listlessly. She blew into a party whistle without expression, but her eyes were brighter than they’d ever been. When she disappeared, the party whistle fell to the ground with a puff of frost.

<><><>​

“Guess some things no single person or team can accomplish,” Zeraora said as the thunder boomed, drowning out the sounds of Blacklight phantoms failing to enter her realm. She stood up and held her paws high. “Guess that means it’s time for us to return some favors… Zeraora of the Outworld.” She chuckled a little, toying with the Blacklight orbits around her paws. "Or, should I say... Brisa."

<><><>​

Meringue ruffled his feathers, hardening them until they became scales. “We’ll need to do what we can, too,” he said. “Lugia… I…”

“You’re ready,” Lugia said, staring at the darkening horizon. “Let’s go. It’s time to fight.”

“Cabot…” Meringue nodded. “Right. He needs our help. All of them…”

The two ascended, disappearing into the light.

<><><>​

Resting atop a great summit, Ho-Oh was giving Brulee some last-minute notes. “It seems they need help,” she said, nodding. “Do you think it’s time for us to go as well?”

“I’m thinking about that one Absol… Celeste. He seemed to really value our position. Do you think he’s doing alright?”

Ho-Oh’s eyes shined like a smile. “Perhaps we don’t need to wonder.”

<><><>​

A little Mimikyu with blazing Radiant eyes waved her tendrils in the air, nearly knocking away her disguise toward the darkening sun. Waving in her arms were varying dolls, all of them resembling a Roserade with black and white flowers, as golden orbs of light drifted off of her. Realizing what has happening, she hastily threw the Cynthian dolls into her pile and disappeared for the fight.

<><><>
"Not much of a fighter," Cream said with a nervous titter. "But... but the interviews I've held have inspired me a little, you know. Puff? ...Puff? Where'd you go?"

He was punching the air, smiling enthusiastically. "Getting ready for the biggest fight of my life. How about you?"

Cream hesitated. "...If... if Shiron, who thought so little of himself, can do all of this..." She nodded firmly. "Then maybe I can, too!"

<><><>​

"Hm!" Joule nodded to himself, looking up at the others. "We are ready! And all thanks to so many of their efforts..." He saw Maple preparing something near the portal, but he seemed to be thinking of Team Spectrum as a whole. There were quite a few of them, but one in particular... "It's odd how even stragglers can do so much. I remember Kate, how she had been summoned with just the information to rescue Diyem... Maple told me of that." He glanced at Maple again, humming, and then at the sky, like it was listening. "She must have been strong to endure that for so long, and then deliver that message to us... I'm thankful. And now, to return the favor, right away!"

<><><>​

Karat was having a conversation with himself mentally, chattering silently. "...They're all so odd. Perhaps... I should have joined them after all." He huffed, then looked away. "Some of them... were... odd. Do you remember Seyka at all? Look through those memories, Deoxys... ...Yes, that one... Such a strange, strange Skarmory. Yet... Perhaps he was the only one who could understand me, in the end. Maybe now, with how different we are... I understand him, too."

He paused as golden lights surrounded him.

"Well... no. Not really."

<><><>
Giratina curled around her bedding in the deep depths of the Reverse World. she, too, heard the call, and she was ready to go. She still remembered that fiery look in Koa's eyes from their fight, something that she wasn't going to forget for many, many years. "I wish I had that kind of drive," she mumbled. "Maybe... maybe I can start now."

She saw the golden orbs appear around her and she nodded. It was time to battle. Just like they did!

<><><>​

Breaker was mildly irritated that this was happening in the middle of her paperwork, but it would have to do. She had actually been just looking over her notes for one of the patients she'd had--Cuicatl, of Team Spectrum. Verifying that things were still going well for her, and more importantly that she was fit to battle against this Blacklight scourge. As far as she could tell, she was.

"And now, I join," Breaker said, putting the files away. "Blacklight has... a shattered mind. Perhaps I... can fix."

<><><>​

Zinc was tending to Protein after yet another scuffle and sparring match gone too far when the call to action came. Hastily, she put her supplies away and got ready to go, lingering on spare ointments and supplies that Mellow had left behind. She frowned, determined, and said, “Mellow… you were the best assistant I ever had. I hope I can find someone nearly as good as you one day…” Blushing, she focused, ready to go.

<><><>​

Far in a high mountain just north of Destiny Village, the bird of death cooed with the wind. “Something is calling for the end of Cibus yet again,” she said between her trills. “But this isn’t by any natural order… I think one of my followers of another realm is trying to prevent this unnatural end. Nip, was it? …Perhaps, then… I will help, too.”

<><><>​

Fugu stood nearby, hopping onto the rooftops of the therapy offices to see Wheat already standing there. “So this is where you went,” she said.

Wheat stared at the sky. “It is time.”

“When was the last time you’ve fought in a battle at all?” Fugu remarked, drawing her blade.

The Xatu didn’t answer her. Instead, he said, “…I was ready to fight for Owen’s innocence once. One of my most complex patients. Now, I fight for him.”

Fugu had thoughts on some of her patients, too, and she smirked. “Yes. I believe I feel the same.”

<><><>​

Cold chuckling echoed from within the cells of Poppin’ Arms as a Lunala sat in the dark corners. “Oh? Is it time?” he said, thinking. “The team that thwarted my plans is trying to save this world… In some way, they’ve earned my respect…”

His mind drifted to particularly defiant eyes.

“Starr… That defiance. That fire. Just like my son…” His smirk was firm and cruel, but there was pride in it, too. “I think you deserve my help… just this once. I’m not a fan of owing favors, after all.”

<><><>​

”Hmph.”

Standing near Destiny Tower, already prepared to go in on his own before the golden lights surrounded him, was Silver. The Mewtwo flicked his tail, testing some of his Psychic abilities, before remarking, “I get the feeling if we lose, we’ll be stuck in the same horrible realm for a long, long time… I can barely stand Nate as a roommate. So, this?” He flicked his tail. “C’mon, team! Let’s help them out!”

And some small part of him wanted to see Nate smile with his team again.

<><><>​

“Goodness, goodness,” S’more said, filing the last of his papers away. He turned to his doppelganger, the one who inhabited his old body, who nodded back. “It really is difficult without Vix helping with the filing,” remarked the Machop.

“We better get used to it,” the former parasite added. “Shall we get going, then?”

“A proper sendoff, hm?” They both nodded as the golden lights came.

<><><>​

“He’s fighting too,” Balm said, looking skyward. “That strange Ninetales with chaos in his heart… Whatever that means.”

“He’s had a lot of darkness to climb through. Not too different from you, huh?” Cepa turned to face the Sceptile.

“I guess not,” he said. “I haven’t saved the world in decades.”

“Not every era you get to do it twice,” Cepa added, giggling. “Want to do it anyway?”

“As always.”

<><><>
"...Interesting," stated Zygarde, looking at the sky. "So this is their answer for the Blacklight threat." His eyes flickered, emotionless in appearance, but perhaps there was something more after all. "...Well. I've already bent the rules with Dill. Considering the circumstances... I think assisting here would be approved... retroactively." The Overseer dug into nothing, pulling out a notepad. A few words were jotted down. Then, it dropped, disappearing, and Zygarde vanished in a similar golden veil.

<><><>​

“I expect I will be seeing a lot of you in the future, Bahamut,” Pop said to himself, aloud, as he stared into the portal, weighing what he should do. “Despite that emptiness and despair, despite your inherent otherness, you still find the duty to battle. And for that… Perhaps you’ve inspired me.”

In the end, he made his decision, and as a sea of golden spheres of light flooded the Null Realm, Pop followed them in with the Legends by his side.

<><><>​

No matter what happens, I'm always gonna be thankful for what you did for me, Dave.

Shit, I really threw away that extra chance, didn't I? But I don't really have any regrets. I know I saved your life. I saved everyone's life.

Maple asked me what happened to me. Wouldn't you believe it... All I said, with a smile because I couldn't hide it... was, "Karma."

Funny how that works.

Maybe I finally made up for all this.

...Don't stop yet, buddy. I'm not. Now watch my greatest illusion yet...!

<><><>

Something brushed against Dave’s side, but there was nobody there. It didn’t feel or smell like anyone was there, either. Yet, it was too real. Something passed by like a cold breeze. It was almost like the Worldcore again. A whisper: Missed me?

The Lunatic Cannon sailed through the realm, missing absolutely everybody, despite the rare flash of confidence that their foe had displayed when firing. It passed through nothing and its expressionless face was somehow bewildered, arching its neck, clenching its claws.

“Hey!” a sharp voice snapped the air.

Owen blinked several times, squinting, tapping his horns. Something wasn’t right. He could see, with his eyes, that someone was there, and somehow it didn’t look like an illusion, either. But his horns, his Perceive, his grasp of the material world, was telling him that nothing was there.

White fur made up the base of this creature, accented with red tips along with piercingly yellow eyes, glowing with Radiance. Red sparks crackled along his body, controlled Eterna energy, like it had been reawakened. But like Xernatus and the others who had dealt with this power, it was under control. Quelled.

This strange, red-white Zoroark pointed at the Eternal Blacklight.

And he glanced down at Dave with a confident smirk. His eyes said, You thought I’d be gone that easily?

The haze disappeared to silver apparitions behind them. Familiar forms in a whole swarm, flying like a dream. The heroes, the Legends, and even the allies from another world had pushed through as spirits to fight. Rallying cries rang out and they clashed with the puppets and swarmed the powers—it was all of Cibus, fighting for their rights to exist.

It was hard to tell, but Diyem noted, somewhere in the back of his mind, that there were too many Zygarde in the crowd to just be Bean…

Ionys has appeared! He activated his new ability, Servant of Life!

The spirits of Cibus appeared as a horde! They’re battling alongside Team Spectrum!

Team Spectrum is filled with Hope, each FL unit gaining 124 points!

A new action has been unlocked: Call of Hope. Spend up to 100 points per turn for a Call toward Cibus, or someone specific, to assist in the battle with a Hopeful Action!

Team Spectrum gained +2 Valor, and will continue to gain Valor over time!
The Eternal Blacklight is losing hold of the realm! It can no longer heal! However, it still gained another +1 Valor!

The buff cap has been raised to +20!

The Eternal Blacklight: 150,000, Damage Reduction 100%
Powers: 10,000 each
Puppets: 10,000, reduce to 0 to stagger!

The true final battle for Cibus, with Cibus, has begun!

Owen’s Insight: This thing’s attacks hit too hard if we’re huddled together. Don’t let it strike too many of us at once!

The haze was gone. The enemy was clear.

Finally, they could see their foe...
1636452020037.png

"So this is what you truly look like," Diyem said, looking at those pained faces--echoes of all the painful memories Cibus had endured. "...One way or the other, we intend to put you out of your misery."

It roared a wordless roar in reply.

"Team Spectrum!" Diyem called. "Cibus! And all souls beyond! This is our final battle! Destroy this Blacklight scourge and end this nightmare, forever!"

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa whooped at the top of her voice, calling defiance across the whole Null Realm. The creature before them was a screaming, clawed void, whose grip threatened to burst their very spirits. It would have them be powerless nothings, drowning in misery for all time. There could be no retreat, no surrender, nothing but triumph at every cost.

"C'mon!" she roared, "This ain't over! There's a victory still in sight!"

The gambit had worked. Defiance, hope, their own truths – the everlasting suffering was no longer the only master of this realm. All of Cibus was with them, and the other outworlders too. How could they fail now? Brisa lit up her fists and grinned with all the dark joy of a bursting stormcloud. Before coming here, she'd shaken paws with another like her and been called Zeraora of the Outworlds. A protector. Well that's what she'd damn well do. Protect all worlds from this unworldly foe.

Brisa cried thunder to the heavens, in voice, and in lightning.

Zeraora would know what it meant.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave struck the thing, and then fell back, Shadows curling around him, shaking on his feet with exertion. Moving was like swimming through sludge, his head pounding. Maybe he could manage one more strike. But then again all his body wanted to do was stand, right here, and wait for whatever was about to happen.

Mia landed by his side, staring towards the monster. "It's going to attack," she said. The air thickened until he felt like he was suffocating, and then the thing lashed out, shattering his shield. He used the absolute last of his strength to roll out of the way of the next strike, and then his body was lead as the final blow struck. It wasn't even so bad, the pain dull next to the oppressive exhaustion.

"It's doing the cannon again."

Dave opened his eyes blearily as the light from before gathered in the haze, fading in and out of focus, and couldn't get himself to care. "Mia, just..." Hadn't familiars survived that attack before? Back when they went on that dumb fucking trip to the moon? Yeah. Good. He let his eyes fall closed again. "...Just don't die."

Mia made a dismayed noise, prodding him, but before she could speak, his brain filled with telepathy.

Everyone... stay put.

Stay put. Yeah, he wasn't fucking going anywhere.

And then, a curious and oddly familiar sensation. Missed me?

His eyes snapped open again, just as the blast of the Lunatic Cannon passed harmlessly over everyone's heads. Floating in the air was... Soda? Or some version of him, white with hair in red free-flowing tendrils, smirking at him like he hadn't just been vaporized by a fucking cannonblast. Dave blinked at him for a long moment before his brain caught up. That was that other form of Zoroark, wasn't it. The Ghost-type.

He took a sharp breath. An army of silver forms was emerging from the air too. Had Soda brought them? Sure. Some bullshit like this always happened in this dumb fucking world. Hope prevails and miracles happen and dead people just come back stronger.

"There you fucking are," he said, and his voice started to break, and he shut up.

Shadow beamed up at the reborn Ionys, tail fully fucking wagging, and fuck it, whatever, he didn't care.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Get a room!" Polaris heckled, before Bahamut hastily stuffed the pseudo-cosmog back in his satchel.

"Oh, dear, I think the Blacklight is taunting you," he lied.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv almost couldn't believe their eyes at what they saw.

Soda, back from the dead. He looked different, but Saltriv just knew, he was the same Zororark.

Spirits, so many spirits, so many people they knew, fighting alongside Team Spectrum, swarming their foe. Thyme, Joule, Shield, Maple, Pop, Silver, Pansit, Giovanni, Rayquaza, and so many, many more...

And the gigantic monster they were all facing, the Eternal Blacklight.

This was it. They had to put everything they had into this!

Burhalla put a hand on the scalchop on the base of Saltriv's neck, and smiled up at them. They smiled back down at him.

The connection lines coming off of Saltriv pulsed with Eterna energy, brimming with power, with Hope. They cried out, their voice echoing along the lines.

"EVERYONE! IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW IMPOSSIBLE THINGS MAY SEEM! IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH IT WILL TAKE! WE'LL WIN THIS! WE'LL SAVE CIBUS! WE'LL SAVE EVERYTHING!"

"NEVER GIVE UP, NO MATTER WHAT!"

And within the crowd of spirits, Saltriv spotted one in particular. One they had met before they had been summoned here.

"KORA! Lend us your help! All those memories! All the fun times we've had, way back in the campfire realm! All that we've each done for our Cibuses! Channel it all, and give us your all!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Fuck off," Dave snapped at Bahamut.

He looked around at the crowd of spirits grappling with the Blacklight puppets. Owen was telling them telepathically, urgently, to call on people they knew, get them to help.

Dave rolled his eyes. "You know what? Hey, Arceus?" he shouted, trying to find if Pop was part of the silvery crowd. "Shouldn't you be helping here? God of the fucking universe, power of hope? Sunshine and rainbows? If all these people can get over here and fight, and we have to suffer through all this shit, so can you."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Koa froze the beam seemingly phased right past them, letting out a shaky breath. He was alive. He was alive.

And thanks to Soda of all people.

New determination surged through him as the team was joined by all those they'd helped, bonded with and fought during their time. It was time to fight. Time to take back ground and vanquish this thing once and for all.

"Giratina! he called. "Facing you helped me realize I don't have to fear my past. I saw your power during our match, and if we fight together we have a chance to win this. So help we one last time and together we can save Cibus!"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
A million silver souls poured into the hazy realm of nothingness though torn gashes in what might have been the sky. The oppressive haze lifted enough for Starr to finally move. Her tail lashed impatiently. Back to business, then.

Lexx blinked and shook his head, looking like he'd just come out of a daze. "Man, that was rough. Was that what it's like to always assume the worst? Not a fan."

"I don't always--" Starr began, before cutting herself off. "Whatever. Glad you're back to your normal, irritating self."

Lexx watched the flood of spirits streaming through the void and let out a low whistle. "Man, they're really pulling out all the stops, huh." He put both paws to the sides of his mouth and hollered, "Hey Chip! If you've got any science that can help here, now'd be a really good time to use it!"

Lexx called out to Chip!

Everyone was calling out to the spirits that had poured in. And, well--more power to them if it gave them the strength to stand up to this thing, but Starr already had enough power, she just needed to focus. Besides, who was she supposed to...

In her mind's eye, she caught the flicker of something. One of the spirits resonated with hers for a moment. It was him. That goddamn overgrown moon bat was here. Oh wow, they'd earned his respect, what an honor. Starr gave an insolent snort.

"You wanna help, then fucking help," Starr growled, claws flaring up with Dark-type energy that shifted to fire from the heat of her defiance. She thrust a claw toward the sky and bellowed, "You fucking owe us this after all the bullshit you put us through!"

Starr called out to Giovanni!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz' internal brightness gasped deep as the dread lifted off her. Even Brisa's death, the terror of eternal life, nothing compared to that sense of doom. Yet she'd held firm, hadn't she? Even in perfect emotional blackness, she'd implored Brisa not to give up. And now...

"Shine the way for us," she whispered, in the certainty that Zeraora would hear.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
That was it! Time to show to that demon how powerful Hope could truly be!

Petram seemed determined, too. Good. It seemed that his mind had been purged from those intrusive thoughts at last.

The Zoroark pumped his fist. “Okay! I can say I’m fine now! Let’s kick that thing’s butt!” He peered at the Blacklight. “Well… wherever their butt is, at least.”

Icetales chuckled, in part relieved and in part amused that his son had reclaimed his usual spunk. Radiance flowed out of his pelt, empowering the two canids and the two felines who could, as Petram said, kick that thing’s butt.

However, he made sure to preserve some of that Radiance to restore the health of their allies. Golden bells chimed, and an empowered soothing aura healed the wounds they sustained so far.

“…Hey, Daddy. Isn’t that Jirachi?”

Icetales followed Petram’s gaze, who was staring at the flow of silver souls. That starry pattern… ha! It really was Jirachi! By the heavens and stars! Finally!

“Sir Jirachi!” exclaimed Icetales, a broad grin on his face. “Oh, by the heavens! It is such a pleasure to meet thee at last! Oh, I… apologize if I am shaking, but I have been waiting for this moment for so long!” He paused. “Though, this is the worst circumstance for such meeting, but still! Golly! I am speechless! Well, not really, but it is such an honor, and—”

“Oookay, Daddy, I think you need to sober up that Radiance, hm?” said Petram, smirking in amusement. He was actually glad to see his father so ecstatic.

“Ah! Right! Pardon me again! I am just… huh, happy, I wager? Anyway! Sir Jirachi! Wish best of luck to us all! The Jirachi in my world was a hero, and so can thee! Share the powers of stars with us!” Icetales paused again, then coughed a cloud of Radiance. “A-All right. Huh… I shall just relieve myself of this funky feeling…”

Icetales Focused deeply.…

A voice seemed to peer from another universe: There is a time and space to be a fanboy, but not now!

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The whole party is brimming with hope!
Saltriv called out to Kora!
Icetales called out to Jirachi!
Mellow called out to Zinc!
Dave called out to Pop!
Koa called out to Giratina!
Owen called out to Wheat!
Starr called out to Giovanni!
Brisa called out to Zeraora!
Astrid called out to Potluck!
Mellow’s Eternal Spirit is burning! The entire party was healed! Their money mysteriously vanished...
Icetales’s Brilliant Inspirit boosted Astrid, Starr, Brisa, and Koa!
Icetales’s Radiant Heal Bell healed Ionys, Sword, Dave, and Xernatus!
Saltriv's Eternal Spirit is burning! They're determined to salve the team's corruption!
Saltriv's pure words rallied Starr, Bahamut, Astrid, Brisa, Mellow, and Owen!
Saltriv's Void Acceptance soothed Brisa, Bahamut, and Starr!
Mellow’s Shining Teatime let Astrid, Starr, and Owen use items!
Mellow is guarding Astrid!
Owen’s Aether healed Starr and Koa!
Bahamut’s Void Phantasms drained Saltriv and Dave!
Bahamut’s Brilliant Beacon drained Saltriv!
Cabot's Ultimas dealt a piercing 13879 and 13432 damage to the Divine and Living Powers, destabilizing them both at once!
Dave’s Shadow Charge Rock Smashes struck the Eterna and Light Powers, inflicting Poison and lowering their Defense!
Eterna: 9
Light: 18
Starr’s Sweeper Power Trip dealt a CRITICAL 9294 damage to the Shadow Power and 3973 to the Blacklight Puppets!
Starr’s Sweeper Flarestrike dealt 2725 damage to the Shadow Power and 764 to the Blacklight Puppets!
Koa’s Pressurized Umbral Outcry dealt a CRITICAL 309 damage to the Puppets, lowering their Resistance!
Koa’s Volt Switch dealt 105 damage to the Puppets!
Astrid was Inspired by Starr! Her Sweeper Null Stored Power dealt a CRITICAL 15779 damage to the Eterna Power and 5580 to the Blacklight Puppets!
Brisa’s Void Arcstrikes dealt a partially CRITICAL 6849 and 2283 damage to the Light Power!

"Xernatus," Diyem said, "protect Sword."

"Right!"

"And you..." He loomed over Dave menacingly. "Perhaps you can use some protection."

Diyem used Abyssal Blessing on Dave, granting him +6 Evade and +1 Endure!

Eien used one last Eterna Stockpile, gaining +1 Valor! She's full of energy and ready to fire!

"I just... n-need to aim it... at the core... right?" Eien said. "G-goodness, I've never done something like this before... while of sound m-mind! It's... thrilling! A-and terrifying! What... what do I do? How do I fire? D-do I need to say something cool?"

Eien is trying to prepare Eternal Blacklight Cannon!

"This is going to get painful... Sword! This way!" Xernatus paced around, looking for an opening.

"Fine, fine, fine!" Sword growled. "But I'm going for a big hit next time, just you wait! The second that thing is open to strike, I'm striking! I don't even care if I get downed! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and--"

"Just shut up and let me protect you! Goodness, how does Shield deal with you?!"

Sword used Teleport with Xernatus, disappearing for the East zone!

Xernatus used Eterna Guardian on Sword!

"Very right," Pop replied to Dave with a nod. "I'll do my best... with the power you sent me." Whether he knew it or not.

Ionys was above all of it, watching with careful and keen eyes. He brought a claw under his chin, looking almost serene amidst the chaos. With a shrug, he felt around the new powers he had within him...

"Don't have the energy for another grand illusion, heh. Takes... a lot outta me. This feels new, though. Let's see what happens..."

Ionys pointed at Sword, letting out a sigh that formed a cloud of gold. "The Voice's Blessing... Let's see how this goes, eh? Now you can play all you want, kid."

Ionys used Sigh of Resurrection! Sword gained +1 Resolve!

Silver light drifted from Dave toward Pop in an instant, and he grasped it with a few tendrils of light that emerged from the wheel around his torso. That light concentrated, shrank, and then burst skyward in a total rain of light--a Judgement attack the greatest they'd ever seen. Afterward, some of that silver mist diffused into all of them, strengthening all of Cibus for more battles ahead...

Pop answered the call! All foes took 2500 damage, destabilizing the Light Power! Team Cibus gained an additional +1 Valor! Pop's attack pierced even the Eternal Blacklight's damage reduction, dealing 2500 damage!

Having to sit back and let Team Spectrum go and save the world was already enough to give Kora gray hairs, but a sense of dread kept rising in his chest. At this rate, he'd be pale as a ghost. Or Pop. Poor guy probably needed to go out in the sun more.

Distractions aside, Kora felt the calls of Team Spectrum tugging at his chest. Thank gods, they were still able to. Kora raised his fist to the sky, sending as much of his power as he could. "Saltriv, Koa... you and the rest of Spectrum better make it out in one piece," he muttered, grinning. "Can't wait to hear you both talk my ears off about it. Or, brag, in Koa's case."

Kora answered the call! Saltriv gained the Mischief status for the rest of the battle, and the rest of Team Spectrum gained +2 Evasion!

"Wh-what's this power...?" Jirachi said, her silvery body grasping at the light as if it were tangible. He tossed it in the air, then seemed to understand. "You're... Icetales, aren't you? I remember hearing about you... Yes. If you want to wish upon a star... then I shall answer!

Jirachi answered the call! Doom was spelled for one of the opponents... And a Wish was granted to Icetales! After the enemy strikes, Icetales will be healed by 150%!

"I hear you, Mellow!" Zinc said, holding her hands up as silver lights danced around it. "Here's my answer... No matter how injured you all become, I won't let any of you fall! Keep fighting!"

Zinc answered the call! Mellow gained the Endure status! Zinc granted all allies 50% resistance to status conditions for the turn!

"Calling for my help again, are you?" Giratina cooed from the shadows. Her silver form appeared around Koa, dark tendrils ensnaring him. "Fine. I'll give you some help. Get ready... This should do the trick!"

Giratina answered the call! Koa gained the Reverse property for the battle, inverting type effectiveness dealt against him!

"Oh? So you've finally decided to recognize what I can offer... I see. Interesting. Very interesting..." Giovanni appeared next to Starr with that usual smirk. "...Well. I did join this... solely so I no longer owed this world any favors. So now, after this..." Giovanni stared through Starr, piercingly, into her spirit. "You'll owe me after this is over. Hm? Now, go." He waved a wing forward. "I expect nothing but greatness from my blood, by mine or by my parallel.

Giovanni answered the call! Starr gained +1 Action for the rest of the fight!

"I thought you'd be able to handle it!" someone called from above. In a bolt from the aether, Zeraora appeared alongside Brisa, smiling wryly. "Seems that's what you need now, hm? Let me lend you some strength... Just the way I saw yours."

She flicked her claws and tossed the orbiting Blacklight bands to Brisa, where they became her own.

Zeraora answered the call! For the battle, all of Brisa's mundane attacks became Blacklight-type, and her corruption gains globally halved!

"Yes! Yes, I'm here, too!" Potluck cheered, prancing around Astrid without a care in the world. But then, a flash of seriousness appeared in his eyes. "Do you want to blow them up? Just like me? I bet I can help. C'mon! Let's keep going!"

Potluck answered the call! For the rest of the battle, Astrid's critical hits deal 25% extra damage!

Owen could barely keep himself steady for the battle. But he had to hang on--had to keep fighting. Breathing through his nose, he glanced at Cal, who nodded back at him. Good, she was back to her senses. He stared skyward and whispered, as silver lights danced in his claws...

"Thanks for coming... Now, let's finish this. For all of us." He released the silver light, not knowing who would answer.

It was attracted to Wheat, who was looming over the battlefield, watching and observing. When the silver light came to him, his eyes gleamed with a new power, and he knew just what to do. Wordlessly, he did what he did best...

Wheat answered the call! The whole team gained +1 Acceptance! Owen's corruption was zeroed out, and he gained resistance to Corruption attacks for the turn!

The powers are destabilized and the Puppets were staggered, allowing Cibus to continue answering Calls uninhibited!

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Blacklightning enveloped Brisa, lighting up every part of her with an achromatic glow, and she grinned at her patron with gratitude and with enthusiasm.

"I'll do ya proud," she said, voice reverberating in the darkness.

There was a word she'd come to use often on Cibus. Unprecedented. Never done or known before. She clenched a fist, and her knuckles popped like thunderclaps.

She'd bet nobody had ever done this.

Brisa used Blacklightning Speed!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The Eternal Blacklight moved the Powers around before their Last Words, twisting its body to relocate the Powers to the nearest groups!

The Divine and Living powers moved to the South!
The Light Power moved West!

The Shadow Power aimed Abyssal Nil at Koa, Owen, and Starr!
Koa: Flame blocked it for 960 damage, and then the Protect blocked the next!
Owen: A resisted, Guarded piercing 237!
Starr: Protect, dodged, and then 368!

The Eterna Power targeted Astrid and Mellow with Eterna Madness!
Astrid: Guarded by Mellow!
Mellow: Took the first hit for 431! The second hit broke through Endure! The third hit was endured with Second Chance! Mellow became Confused!

The Light Power targeted Brisa with Blinding Sol!
Brisa: Protect, then dodged!

The Living Power targeted Dave, Icetales, and Bahamut with Life Drain!
Dave: Protect, and then two illusory dodges!
Icetales: Dodged, then 176! His defense went down by 1!
Bahamut: Protected!

The Divine Power used Divine Arms against Dave, Icetales, and Saltriv!
Dave: 332
Icetales: 282
Saltriv: Protect, and then 73!

The Eternal Blacklight is lashing out! It used Blacklight Apocrypha on the South zone!
Bahamut: Dodged, then a grazing 58, and then a critical-resisted 106
Dave: One Illusory dodge, and then two hits, one crit-resisted, for 403 damage!
Icetales: 389
Saltriv: A grazing and then crit-resisted 384!
Diyem: 130
Eien: 185
Ionys: Dodged, and then a CRITICAL 380!

The Eternal Blacklight lashed out again! It used Blacklight Off-Wave, attacking everyone! It and its components gained the Guarded attribute!
Astrid: Mellow guarded her from the hit!
Bahamut: 156
Brisa: 785
Dave: 372, Endure!
Icetales: 259
Koa: Protect!
Conduit: 1388, Endure!
Mellow: Ouch
Owen: 98
Saltriv: 322
Starr: 990, KO!
Diyem: 77
Eien: 116
Ionys: 323
Xernatus: 601
Sword: Dodged!

The Eternal Blacklight used Eternal Blacklight Truth!
It targeted... Owen, Bahamut, and Saltriv!

A ghostly figure appeared in front of Owen, and suddenly his mind felt horribly fuzzy. It spoke in an odd language, but he understood it so clearly. Too clearly. He couldn't get it out of his head...!

"̶E̸v̶e̵r̶y̵t̶h̵i̴n̴g̸ ̴I̸ ̸d̸o̶.̴.̴.̶ ̷I̷'̶l̴l̴ ̶j̴u̶s̵t̸.̶.̷.̴ ̸f̸o̶r̵g̷e̴t̷ ̷a̸g̵a̴i̷n̷,̶ ̶w̵o̴n̸'̸t̵ ̸I̸?̵"̴

He lost his focus. From his grasp, from the trees, the Aether had faded in an instant. Dissolved into the air. Owen stared in complete horror as he desperately grabbed for it, but all that power simply slipped through his fingers... "N-no... NO! I... all of th-that power, I can't, it can't be gone, it...! We were going to...!"

"Dad?!" Cal cried.

"M-my stored attacks... a-all for nothing, all...!"

"Just make more! C'mon! Don't lose momentum!"

Nihil Effort... Half of Owen's Stored attacks disappeared!

A similar phantom drifted around Bahamut, piercing into his Core. They grasped against it, whispering something from a soul far away.

"̴T̸h̴i̴s̶ ̵p̶l̶a̶n̷e̷t̶ ̶w̴i̸l̵l̵ ̴d̵i̵e̷,̶ ̵t̸o̵o̸.̶.̶.̵ ̵A̵l̷l̵ ̴b̵e̸c̵a̴u̶s̶e̶ ̴I̸ ̴c̵a̸m̴e̵ ̷h̴e̷r̶e̴.̸ ̴A̸s̷ ̶i̷t̷ ̴a̶l̴w̵a̸y̶s̶ ̶d̸o̷e̵s̷.̴"̷

Death's Omen... This turn, anyone Bahamut interacts with gains an incurable Heal Block for all of the next turn!

And then a tiny Chikorita, curled and trembling, appeared in front of Saltriv. They couldn't look away, as if something compelled them to stare at the thing, wheezing, whimpering. Its words intruded upon their spirit.

"̵I̶ ̷c̸a̶n̵'̴t̷ ̷d̸o̴ ̷i̷t̶.̸.̴.̵ ̵I̵'̴l̶l̵ ̵h̸u̷r̶t̶ ̴e̴v̶e̸r̸y̵o̶n̸e̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶T̸h̴a̵t̶'̴s̵ ̶w̶h̶a̷t̷ ̶I̶ ̵d̸o̶.̶ ̴I̶'̷l̷l̶ ̶j̴u̵s̶t̸ ̸p̸a̴n̵i̷c̷.̴.̸.̶"̶

Autumn's Despair... Saltriv's Shadow Corruption jumped to 99! Focus is disabled, and all corruption gains have been doubled for a turn!

Mellow and Starr were Revived!

The damage from the Powers channeled into the Blacklight! It took 10000 damage and parts of its damage reduction!

Three of the Powers returned!
Shadow Power to the Northeast!
Light Power to the Northwest!
Divine Power to the Southwest!
The Puppets returned!

Jirachi's Doom activated, dealing 5000 damage to the Divine Power!

Eternal Blacklight: 137,500, 0% Damage Resistance
Shadow Power: 10,000
Light Power: 10,000
Divine Power: 5,000
Puppets: 10,000

Cibus' Valor went up by 1
The Eternal Blacklight's Valor went up by 1!

Cal's Insight: Fuck it up!
Owen's Insight: No, wait! Don't overextend! It might be more durable than we think, might have more tricks. I can feel it...

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut's multicolored eyes constrcited. His equivalent to squinting, perhaps?

"Boss?" Polaris poked his head out.

"... tch." Bahamut's head tendrils twitched. "I think... someone actually is in there. But the corruption makes it too difficult to properly parse." Perhaps if it continued to fade with help from Cibus' inhabitants?

"In any case, perhaps it's time I looked to others for help... instead of doing the helping," he muttered. Wouldn't that be a nice reprieve for once. And show up the stupid corruption spouting its meaningless rhetoric. Perhaps this was its survival instinct?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Saltriv smiled brightly as Kora lent them his blessing. They felt extremely agile, like there was nothing they couldn't dodge!

And then the attacks hit. They did their best to swerve between the blows, but they couldn't help but take some. But that's ok! They'd still win this! They

They couldn't look away, as the Chikorita appeared in front of them, looking on the verge of a panic attack.

It spoke Saltriv's own thoughts.

Their own thoughts, those thoughts they thought they'd overcome, that they thought they'd moved past. They bubbled up to the surface. And with them, shadowy wisps appeared around them. A terrified expression appeared on their face.

"Saltriv!" Burhalla called out for them. They tried to calm down, to focus on the battle, but they couldn't. Their gaze darted every which way, always coming back to the Chikorita.

The wisps began traveling down their connection lines. No! Not now! Not when their team needs them the most!

No! No no no no no!

Sudmensch

Professional Procrastinator
Pronouns
he/him
Dill took quick notice of his partner's situation, hurrying in front of the shadowy Chikorita and putting his hands on their shoulders to shake them out of it.

"Sal! Sal, look at me! Think of the sunset, yeah? Think of everyone back home! Y-you're... not about to let that fucking thing tell you how to think, right?" he said hurriedly, gesturing to the eldritch abomination they were opposing. He put his hand one of the Meganium's front feet, grasping it tenderly. "Think of the sunset for me, just a while longer."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
NO

Just before the wisps reached a fever pitch, the Chikorita was obstructed. Dill was now in front of them, begging, pleading for them to look at him. To think of everyone back home. To think of the sunset.

The sunset. The sunset. The sunset. Think of the sunset. Focus on that sunset. Make it to that sunset.

For a brief moment, they were able to picture it in their mind.

A vine hesitantly reached out towards their partner.

You'll just hurt him. You're just a danger to him, to everyone.

The vine hastily retracted, and they pleaded, "Dill, please...get away from me before you get hurt!"

The shadowy wisps traveled further down the connection lines...but they were slowing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom