• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut frowned and looked away. "... accidents. Daemons. Humanity's hubris. Take your pick."

Soniclink137

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
him/his
"Accidents? Daemons? That...makes no sense. In my world, Legendaries are a level we strive for. They also created my world. How did they become known as Daemons?" Lucius once again looked at Bahamut, seeing his faded colors. He couldn't help but wonder if that might have had something to do with it.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"... tch." Bahamut went back to looking at the tree. "I'm sure it's not easy to understand, but not every universe was forged by gods. Or is watched by those Overseers or whoever that brought you here. Some realms are simply a product of nature. Exist in states of entropy."

He slumped back. The tree splintered further. "In some worlds, there are pokémon that are powerful, but cannot warp reality like Arceus or Dialga or that toothpaste-looking overgrown deerling you call Xerneas. And because they are powerful, they are feared. They live in isolation... or as outcasts. Or are the results of humans trying to make living weapons and learning too late the consequences of going against nature."

A brief image of Mewtwo would flash in Lucius' mind.

Soniclink137

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
him/his
"Oh right...Mewtwo..." Lucius took a deep breath, trying not to think too hard on the memories of "boss kitty" as one of his friends seems to call Mewtwo for reasons beyond him. "I can't say I'm unfamiliar with his story. In my world, he hates the humans that created him so much, he's going after all of them. Even those that take on Pokemon skin. And he's just as feared there. ...All Legendary Pokemon are like that in your world?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"If they even exist," Bahamut said. "Many do not. And never did." He tapped his chin with his tail. "Off the top of my head, there are no Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-Oh, Regis, Groudon, Kyogre, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Heatran, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Celebi, Jirachi, and Darkrai."

Last edited:

Soniclink137

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
him/his
Lucius rubbed his head. "That's...almost impossible for me to imagine. A world without all of them...I suppose I can see why the few that exist are treated as something to be feared. We're used to it in our world, but in your world, having supernaturally powerful Pokemon must be terrifying to the average Pokemon."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Average pokémon. Average human. Depends on the planet." Bahamut shrugged. "And there are many that have life. Life which evolved over time thanks to nature, not some oversized gogoat stuck in a fence."

Soniclink137

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
him/his
Lucius still rubbed his head, the idea of such world being almost impossible for him to grasp. He eventually sighed and decided trying to conceive of it wouldn't help him. "The rules of nature in your world feel just...so different." He closed his eyes for a moment. "Life is...incredible, though. Even in a world without the Legendary Pokémon I know, it still found a way to grow and thrive."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut harrumphed. "You sound like that one scientist character from Prehistoric Park."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It's a movie about idiot humans getting killed by extinct pokémon they brought back to life using fossils," Bahamut mused. "Probably don't have movies in your world."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut shrugged. "Perhaps you have a somewhat morbid sense of humor."

Soniclink137

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
him/his
"Maybe. That's a...scary thought." Lucius took a deep breath. "Well, I think I've spent long enough here. I should probably go out and help with the relief efforts." He nodded to Bahamut. "Thanks for the chat. I hope, however you manage to deal with Eternatus, that you can do it without destroying your home."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Mmm. Hope." Bahamut slid down until he was lying on his back. "Right. Well, good luck stopping your moon laser."

<><><>​

[RD16] Misplaced Darkness (Nate, Rocky, and Maple)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate had hoped he'd be able to shake Rocky once they'd gotten out of sight of town, when he could distract the guy with some wild pokémon or something and try to sneak off for a little bit on his own. No luck so far, though; the familiar had cheerfully rejected all his suggestions for far-off activities he could be doing and failed to chase after any of the interesting things he'd pointed out. Even if he could get Rocky to leave, of course, Nate wouldn't be able to keep away from him for long. Real fucking inconvenient that the guy had his psychic homing thing or whatever.

At least it was a nice enough day in the woods. Warm. Dry. Nate was about ready to give up and find somewhere to sit, convince Rocky to be quiet a few minutes, when he caught sight of something--someone?--that seemed out of place in the pines. Was that... Maple?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The Smeargle was pacing around the pines, inspecting the leaves idly, lost in thought. Her hands were behind her back. It must have taken a while for her to stuff that body back into the false Smeargle form, but at least she didn't take up so much space anymore.

"Hm?" Maple spotted Nate and gave her a nod. "Hello. Out for a stroll, too?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"More or less," Nate said.

There wasn't any opportunity to get a word in edgewise before Rocky chirped, "Hi, Maple! It's nice to see you again."

It kind of had been a while, hadn't it? She'd been around when they were fighting, obviously, and for the meetings before and after, but that was hardly the same as a casual conversation. "Surprised to see you as a smeargle again," Nate said. "Doesn't that body feel, uhh, kinda cramped?"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah, I know what you mean," Nate said. "The blanket thing, anyway. Least being this size doesn't feel as small as it ought to."

So why? he didn't ask, or at least not for now. Instead saw a convenient fallen tree to sit on, and did so, Rocky settling in next to him. "Glad I ran into you, anyhow. Been meaning to catch up with you for a while. I'm going to be going away soon and all, and I want to make sure Rocky's set up without me. I know before he was interested in joining up with the God Squad."

Here Rocky sat up straighter and made a little eep noise like he was embarrassed to have Nate tell her that. Nate kept his attention on the smeargle, though. "Thing is, I was wondering if there even will be a God Squad for him to join."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom