• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I'm not--" She was. With a sigh, the Charmeleon Shade looked into the pine forest's depths, where it was too dark to see much more. "...I've just been thinking about... him dying and all that. And him coming back. But it... when he died, that, the connection I felt with him, it just disappeared. And it didn't really come back when he was just a Shadow, either. Maybe it'll come back when he's revived, but I..." Cal fidgeted.

"What happens when you guys go home?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I believe most, if not all of us will forget everything that transpired here," Bahamut said, tossing the ball at the tree and catching it once more. "Perhaps some folks will remember in time, but I do not foresee Diyem allowing them to make casual visits to this planet."

Without warning, he tossed the ball in Cal's direction. "Despite your snarkier attitude, you're quite close with Owen. You really don't want to lose him, do you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The ball smashed into Cal's face, caving it into her shoulders. Her head popped back up and the ball rolled back to Bahamut. "...I guess not," she finally admitted. "Some of these memories that I have are... I can't shake them off. None of it happened to me. They're all fake. But... it's still how I feel. A-and I don't really know what to do with that."

Her hands squeezed into her palms. Her semisolid, but at least a little sharp claws dug into them.

"It's like I have to live being forgotten twice."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I see." Bahamut stopped the ball with an upper wing. He rolled it around against the ground, before rolling over on his belly. His gray spikes dug into the snow-dusted soil.

"All of the shades are based around their hosts' psyches and memories in some capacity, no?" Different blue hues spread out around his face. "But I think you have it particularly rough because you are, essentially, an extension of Owen in the same vein as that ridiculous shadow of his. He'd been struggling with memory issues and his identity while on Cibus... and, regrettably, I think he passed those feelings to you."

The blue faded and he wrapped his wing around the ball. "But you know what else? You're not alone in this. You have all the other shades, many of whom are in similar situations. They're replicas of people from Team Spectrum's original worlds. Maybe they're not openly pondering the things you are, but I'm sure it's crossed whatever constitutes a mind for them."

Bahamut lifted his other upper wing. "The difference, though, is that I've seen these other shades off doing their own things. Including with one another." He pointed at her. "You, however, were always attached at the hip to Owen. Until now. You're probably getting him back, but if you run right back to his side, you'll basically be sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the problem."

He rolled the ball to Cal. "If I were you, I'd try to spend more time with the other shades. Or in the company of Cibus natives. See if you can try to forge an identity you can be happy with. And if it turns out to be similar to Owen, then at least you came to that decision on your own... and not because of a set of borrowed experiences."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cal took the ball, testing its weight, squeezing it where she could. "...Stop hanging out with Owen, huh? I guess I do go around a lot, but I talk to him all the time in, you know, the telepathy thing. He's nice to talk to. And, I mean, it's... comforting." Her embers flickered. "I guess in a way I'm trying to get as much as I can before he..."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut shrugged. "I'm not saying you have to ditch him completely. Just stretch your figurative wings a bit. Or have him set something up for you. Like a play date."

Yes, that indirectly meant Bahamut was calling her a kid. Like father, like daughter.

He crossed his upper wings and rested his head on their luminous membranes. "Or you could not do any of that and just get one of these stupidly-powerful gods to erase your memories if the heartbreak gets too strong. But something tells me you wouldn't like that option." He scooted closer. "Just don't turn into a bitter, lonely 'mon like me."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, he claims to be awfully perceptive." Bahamut prodded at the ground lazily with his tail. "But when you've been alone for millennia, you tend to think a certain way. For better or worse."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Yeah..." Cal brought her knees to her chest. "He says that I shouldn't badmouth you too much just because you have a different perspective. Because maybe even if it's totally different, I could still learn something from it. And since we're working together, we can also try to understand each other better that way. Especially since apparently you've been trying to do that, too. It's only fair that I do the same back... or whatever."

Her knees practically embedded themselves into her chest.

"How come he has to always be like that...? Why can't he just hate someone for once?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I could speculate, but I'd rather not." Bahamut's tail lazily drifted back and forth. "Some people will try and find the good in everything they can. And others," he pointed at himself with his tail, "have steadily blinded themselves to the good around them."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cal nodded, curling her tail around. "I hope Owen doesn't become like that when he gets older. Wishkeeper is kinda like that, but... I think that's the Shadows talking, too." She sighed. "But... I guess it fluctuates, too. Maybe this is just when Owen's feeling brighter." Her claws twitched. "Really makes it hard to come up with excuses for why I'd be fine when he leaves."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"No matter the age, it is always hard for a child who loves their parent to lose them." Bahamut's head twisted around to look up at the trees. "Just as it's a tragedy for a parent to lose a child. No two people experience the grieving process the same. But what helps is having someone you can fall back on. I had no one. Look how I turned out.

"Whether you cozy up to other people or not, you will have them. So, I will choose to have faith you won't turn out like me. Owen probably won't, either. A guy like that most likely has a circle of friends he can depend on."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"There's nothing to apologize for." Yawning, Bahamut rolled onto his back. "A pity Diyem can't just send this lot to Etherium next. Maybe we'd actually stand a chance at destroying Eternatus there."

He sighed. "In any case... you should let the other shades know that if any of them plan on going to the tree, they need to exercise the utmost caution. Now that we know Eternatus is there, we don't want her energy messing with your cores at all. Heaven forbid what would happen if any of you start to loose your sense of self like Darkwhite did. I do not think our teammates have the heart to fight any of you while waiting on the others to be revived."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"That's the spirit."

... I think?

"Well, you're welcome to stay here and join me tossing Potluck's ball around. But I won't blame you if you head elsewhere."

R11 - Mellow & Zinc

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
It had been a long day. Digging, transplanting, packing... Moving was such hard work and after hours of it, Mellow felt close to exhausted. Luckily, someone was helping her. Zinc had offered to help, and she had been more than happy to take her up on that. Spending time with her in any capacity was nice! It was nice, but...there was always a tiny bit of doubt. It was just a seed, but like any seed, it had started to grow ever since she had talked to S'more. Would someone like Zinc actually do something like that? Work with someone who wanted to do something so terrible? ...She couldn't picture it.

...Maybe she should tell Zinc what S'more said.
That he had put suspicion on her and the rest of her team.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Zinc puffed and looked over another basket of plants that had been meticulously and carefully uprooted. "This batch looks good," she told Mellow in her usual, soft tone. "Brr... Very cold out here. I guess with your Fire it isn't so bad, but... you do seem a different from normal Charmeleon that I know. Are you from a different climate than most?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow put the thought aside for the moment to pay attention to the Goodra and her question. Different? Well... Normal Charmeleon didn't have flower buds at the end of their horns, that was certain. "It is still pretty cold for me... Compared to Owen- I mean, Tamato. I don't come from a different climate or anything either. But, it feels natural to me... I'm not sure why."

She prepped the last few things that needed prepping, and paused to look around for anything left undone. "I think that's all. We might need someone to help us carry it..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom