• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mystery Continent ~ Northern Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“The Northern Pines… Quite the ironic place to discuss about important matters.”

“Indeed. That is where thou have dug the graves of thy dead-but-not-too-dead comrades, after all.”

“I… I did not know they did not leave for the Twilight. I was—”

“Afraid they would be stuck in Oblivion. Yes. I felt that fear, too.”

Icetales and his Shadow were traversing the thick forest, following the direction given by Diyem. The fox-in-flesh had to stretch his tails — staying stuck as a statue had made his muscles stiff and creaky.

“Golly! No wonder no one wants to die…” muttered Icetales, shaking his head and scattering some snowflakes.

“Thou were not dead. Thy soul was simply sent into Sir Diyem. Besides,” the Shadow smirked, “dying gave thee much insight and made thee wish to preserve thy life more appropriately. Is that not a good thing?”

Icetales rolled his eyes. “I could have learned that lesson in other ways, I reckon.”

And then, they heard some voices. Many voices, which they believed were the members of the cortège. Though, Icetales paused and stared at the trees, while his Shadow stared at him.

“Afraid of how they would react and of what thou should say…”

“Yes.”

“Understandable concern. Howbeit, I shall help thee deal with anything and give thee courage, yes? Just go. Dost not think too hard.”

Icetales took a deep breath and strode forward, followed with his Shadow with black flames. He kept walking silently, looking at his comrades. Perhaps some of them had noticed him, but he was going to let his presence known.

“Greetings, my dear comrades. I am back from hell.”

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Oh no. Bahamut was not playing this game. And certainly not with Icetales showing up to potentially derail things.

He slammed his tail down in front of Diyem. "No. You did not misspeak. You called Eternatus a 'her.'" Red and orange expanded in his eyes. "I tried to ask nicely, but you keep tiptoeing around it. No more. Speak. Now. Why do you know that this Eternatus has a gender? And what that gender is?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr jolted, jerking her head toward the new arrival. Icetales--what had he just said? He'd just come back from...

"Icetales!" Starr gasped, a desperate hitch in her voice. Within seconds she'd marched over to him. "You're back from--did you see Brisa? Was she there? Is she okay?" Of course she was okay. She had to be. Wouldn't Diyem have said something if she wasn't? Still, Starr could feel her pulse pounding in her ears and her thoughts wouldn't stop crackling like static until she knew for sure.

Last edited:

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"Wha-"

Celeste turned to look. He wasn't hearing things. That was indeed Icetales. Celeste ran up to him and drew him into a hug.

"Oh, thank goodness you're safe," Celeste whispered, "and tell someone before you pull things like that, not even Petram knew what was your intent was, you had me worried sick. Don't scare me like that again, or I might just have a heart attack!"

Over Icetales' shoulder, he saw another figure. "Petr- Who are you?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Is it possible that... That Xerneas has already been corrupted? If so... it would explain why no one was alerted to the current troubles."

"That's my concern," said Diyem. "It's entirely possible. And perhaps seeing Xerneas will help confirm that, one way or another..."

"Maybe we could plant a reviver seed, have Dialga speed up time for it, then use the power from that? Or...maybe use the Worldcore?"

"The Worldcore's power is not one that I can make use of in the same way that I can of the Tree. It can bend the rules of the world for the border between humans and Pokemon, but not in the way that is useful to us. It's... different.

"I tried to ask nicely, but you keep tiptoeing around it. No more. Speak. Now. Why do you know that this Eternatus has a gender? And what gender that is?"

Diyem went silent again, looking left, then sighing.

"...Fine," he said. "But I withheld this formation so you all wouldn't hesitate with stupid things like compassion for the enemy."

When there wasn't an immediate response but inquisitive quips...

"We were mates."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
It happened on impulse. Despite attempts to stay under the tree line, his light erupted like a solar flare.

"You sent us to this planet to chase down your fucking ex?! And she's a parasite? Why didn't you fucking lead with that?" His tail lashed toward the closest thing... which, unfortunately for Esper, happened to be him. His gooey form popped like a balloon, leaving only the Ultra Stone for Bahamut's tail to squeeze.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix blinked. "...So like, is this Eternatus thing as edgy as you are or..?"

"Seein' how Eternatus might kill everythin', probably," Puddle shrugged.

"When did you get here?" Vix pointed an arm at the Scraggy, then turned her eyes towards it.

Puddle, again, shrugged. "I dunno, just in time to hear about Diyem's knife holder."

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Tempest chose not to comment on the issue of mates. It was not his place to question, and while it was a concern, there were greater worries on his mind.
"That's my concern," said Diyem. "It's entirely possible. And perhaps seeing Xerneas will help confirm that, one way or another..."
"This... complicates things a bit, I think. If Xerneas has already been corrupted, then we could be walking right into an ambush. In which case... Well, I for one don't think it safe to bring the young arceus with us. We would be putting his life at risk. Or worse, he may be more susceptible to blacklight corruption." A pause. "Though, the same could more or less be said for any of our options."

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...Hi, Puddle. Nice to see you again."

Shiron smiled sheepishly, and went back to listening on the discussion, still by Vix's side.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
"Icetales!" Starr called out, a desperate hitch in her voice. "You're back from--did you see Brisa? Was she there? Is she okay?"

Icetales felt a lump in his throat as he noticed the desperate stare on Starr’s face. He didn’t know how long he had spent in the Voidlands, but he knew well that in all the time he spent there he hadn’t seen Brisa once. That Luxio was always out there, attending to her duty and helping their comrades, and he couldn’t even tell her to chill and take a break.

Goodness gracious, what am I supposed to say here?

However, his Shadow didn’t seem as concerned and stepped forward, a stone-faced expression on his muzzle.

“…Brisa was there, but we had not the pleasure of meeting her personally,” responded the Shadow, swishing his blazing tails. “All we know it’s that she was last seen venturing into the forest with Sir Owen and Sir Dave, but she did not return to the village. We considered looking for her,” his ears drooped, “but our shadows… they were growing too strong, and we were going to become raw darkness. We had to leave the Voidlands before we had the chance to converse with her.”

Both Shadow and host knew that the news wasn’t what Starr was looking for, so Icetales decided to step forward and try to give a more hopeful speech.

“But I am confident that Brisa is doing splendidly. She has helped the other comrades since they fell into the deadly pits of hell. By the stars, we are talking about Brisa! She is swell! Truly, she must be—”

Celeste turned to look. He wasn't hearing things. That was indeed Icetales. Celeste ran up to him and drew him into a hug.

And then, Icetales was interrupted by a hug. He wheezed as he felt the air being knocked out of his lungs, while the Shadow merely cocked an eyebrow. His mane sputtered some blue embers, but he didn’t say anything.

"Oh, thank goodness you're safe," Celeste whispered, "and tell someone before you pull things like that, not even Petram knew what was your intent was, you had me worried sick. Don't scare me like that again, or I might just have a heart attack!"

“A-apologies, Sir Celeste…” stammered Icetales, feeling the soft fur of the Absol brushing against his. He had to admit it — he truly missed that. “My plan was… reckless, indeed. I should have warned thee, but I was too worried about our comrades. I… I had to make sure they were swell…”

Over Icetales' shoulder, he saw another figure. "Petr- Who are you?"

The Shadow stared hard at Celeste, considering what to reply. After a while, he puffed his chest and his tails burned with more fervor. “…Thou can call me Keo’Keo. I am Tenth’s Shadow and his fears in physical form. Greetings.”

Then, he stared at Diyem. While Icetales was busy cuddling with his friend, he deemed better to get to business. “So, allow me to get this clear. What is being discussed here? Something about Sir Diyem’s mate and him wanting us to assassinate her?” He tilted his head. “Never considered divorce? It is far less messy and brutal.”

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Nate was flopped on his stomach near the back of the living group, head propped up on his hands, scowling. Rocky lounged next to the mudkip, tail looped lazily around his ankles. "You're being quiet," the familiar said.

Nate grunted. "Pretty much everybody's on the same page. Gotta tell Maple. Not like we're gonna be able to hide it if we go grab some tree juice to bring the rest of the team back. I mean, what'd you even say to Maple when she notices Cabot and them wandering around all not-dead? 'Uhhh, they magically got better?'"

Rocky frowned. "Yes. We shouldn't lie. But... I think we need to heal Arceus, too. He's important."

Nate made a louder noise of displeasure. "I don't like Diyem being that weak. I can't believe nobody's tried to pick the dude off yet. And he's kind of our fucking ride." The mudkip sighed. "But if we're gonna take like half the power to restore the team, probably Team Cibus oughta pick what gets done with the other half. it's their tree, after all. I bet they'll go with healing Arceus, but who can say? The bastard seemed dead-set on dying for a bit there. Maybe he'll say do something else. Anyhow. Best we can hope for might be that both sides end up walking away with half of what they want."

Rocky shook his head, but he couldn't offer any argument back. Instead he followed Nate's sour gaze over to the group of hazy figures surrounding Diyem. "It's nice to get to see everybody again," Rocky said. "Look how happy everybody is to have them back. I bet it makes you wish you had fr--"

"Everybody fucking evolving again like it's going out of style," Nate grumbled.

"What?" Rocky said. "Umm, yeah, I guess so. And Cuicatl evolved again, too. That's cool, right? She can see!"

"Especially that fucker," Nate was glaring at Dave like he was trying to kill him again with his eyes. "Fucking mightyena. It's goddamn wrong. Him of all people."

"Really? You're still mad about that?" Rocky's tail twitched irritably. "That's what you're thinking about now."

"I'm paying attention, don't get fucking pissy," Nate grumbled. "Eternatus in the fucking tree? Shit just keeps getting better and--wait, what?"

He jumped to his feet, a broad grin spreading across his face. "Oh, shit, that explains some things." Nate went on, raising his voice "Okay, but you don't really think you can leave it at we were mates, do you? Come on, spill. Why exactly is it so important that we destroy Eternatus, then? We've been doing pretty good punching the friendship into people so far, whether they got the Blacklight thing going on or not. So what's different this time?" Nate smirked. "Besides, you know, this being your ex and all."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"The difference is this is a fucking parasite that emits corrosive energy and should rot." Bahamut's light prickled like a pinurchin's head. "I sincerely hope Eternatus showing up here and being Diyem's ex are not related."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"You sent us to this planet to chase down your fucking ex?! And she's a parasite? Why didn't you fucking lead with that?"

"What is more likely to save Cibus--hello, a world is in danger and it needs your help, or hello, please go to this world where my lover is currently ransacking the place?! Do you have any idea how much baggage and gossip they'd get distracted by?!"

"I do kinda want to know what she was like now," Cal admitted.

"Is she evil?" Owen asked.

"No, she's... not." Diyem looked down. "She is not an Eternatus that Bahamut is familiar with, but something... corrupted her, somehow. But that doesn't really matter, now, does it? We have to kill her. She's too powerful and too corrupt to do it any other way."

Why exactly is it so important that we destroy Eternatus, then? We've been doing pretty good punching the friendship into people so far, whether they got the Blacklight thing going on or not. So what's different this time?

"...Her name... is Eien." Diyem's claws were pressing into his palms. "We knew each other. We met during my therapy. She was... she was pleasant to me, and I didn't like that, but it was in a way that... Ngh. It doesn't matter. But she helped me in a way that nobody else can, and... we got to know each other on a deeper level. She can make me feel in ways that... were not possible before.

"I have some of Eien's power. That... that is why you have been able to pierce the energy nullification. That is why, pure and simple. But... Eien also has my power." Diyem looked down. "I do not know what will happen if you try to fight her while attempting an outpouring of hope and friendship. It... might kill her anyway. I do not know how pronounced my darkness has become within her. And Bahamut is correct." He looked down. "Regardless of how she used to be, she is a danger now. The world comes first. No matter how much I may care for her."

"Wait... care for her? You guys didn't even break up?" Owen asked. "You're still together?"

Diyem's claws pierced his palms, releasing a black haze where the blood should have been. "I've said too much."

He looked pained--anybody familiar with Diyem would know that look. He was trying to fight down a positive emotion. He really did love her--and the only thing sustaining him was the pain of having to think of ways to kill her.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Vix winced slightly, feeling a strange choking sensation as she watched Diyem gag. It was more than just a bit unsettling, to say the least. "Y-You were close enough to her to know her weaknesses, right? Anything you can tell us about how to beat her? Any weakness we can exploit, something she's allergic to we can toss at her... Something we can fun of her for?"

"The hell're you doin'?" Puddle raised a brow, having climbed onto Shiron's back.

"Trying to stop Diyem from dying so I don't have to go back so soon..." Vix groaned. It was more so she wouldn't have to gag herself, something she regretted remembering to do. She didn't even have a stomach, what was she gonna puke? Wax?

...That felt like an obvious possibility, actually.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
“But I am confident that Brisa is doing splendidly. She has helped the other comrades since they fell into the deadly pits of hell. By the stars, we are talking about Brisa! She is swell! Truly, she must be—”
She was helping everyone. She was... doing exactly the same thing she'd been doing. Taking on every responsibility, to everyone. Because that was who she was. Someone who cared. Someone who did the right thing. Someone... good.

Starr glanced uselessly back at Owen. It was good to see him. Hurt that she couldn't say anything to him. Could barely hear herself think over all this bullshit about Eternatus, and once it was over, he'd be gone again. In the end she'd just have to... shut up and do her damn job.

"Thanks anyway," she muttered to Icetales, her voice hollow. There wasn't much else to be said.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Oh, wonderful. Seems we alerted someone," Bahamut growled. "I knew we should've gone off to that desert in the Sand Continent."

He had, indeed, forgotten that this was one of his teammates.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
The smirk faded from Nate's face as Diyem's explanation came out, and by the end of it he'd managed to curl in on himself to be even smaller than before.

"Oh, now you realize that was pretty mean?" Rocky asked, arms crossed over chest.

Nate shot him a death glare, then turned back to Diyem. "Well, that's... Pretty rough, yeah. But now that we know about it, we got plenty of time to work something out, right? You know ain't nobody on the team is gonna be super into murdering nobody. So, thanks for saying and all."

Well, nobody but Bahamut, Rocky thought. That... might be a problem.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
They were still together.

Still together.

Still... together...

Though Bahamut’s expression was neutral, there was clearly something... twisted underneath it.

“This doesn’t change our immediate plans. The team has to return to full strength. I can tackle Maple. The rest of you are free to consult whoever you want.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom