• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Mist Continent ~ Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Sure does," agreed Brisa. She took a sip of her drink.

Shifting uncomfortably in her spot and biting her inner cheek, she considered the other thing she'd been wondering about.

"It's sorta taken as a given that Voices can create pokémon bodies as vessels fer the souls of summoned humans," she began, carefully. "Thing is, it sure seems like the reverse ain't true. Y'happen to know why that is, or is it a question fer Buffet?"

She wasn't sure what she'd say if Pine asked why she wanted to know.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Uh?"

"Do you mean... can Voices of Life create human bodies so a Pokemon spirit can inhabit it, or something?" Nanab asked, tilting her head. "I never really thought of something like that before..."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nodded. "It seems a runnin' theme fer Omen Heroes with human bodies that've passed away t'be 'stuck' the way they are. Figure there must be some reason Voices can't just magic up a replacement."

Or create a human form for a born-'mon.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It might be because making a human body isn't the same as making a Pokemon one," Nanab said. "After all, Voices of Life are technically... Pokemon-loyal, if that makes sense, y'know? They aren't affiliated with humans in the same way they are with Pokemon. That could be why."

Pine nodded. "They can reach out for help," he said. "And make Pokemon bodies. But I think that's it. Can't go crazy with humans."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa swallowed. "Uhuh."

Well, that potential contingency looked pretty flimsy after all. Still, maybe with the power of enough Blacklight...

She shook her head clear.

"It's too bad," she said, casually enough. "Might've solved some problems."

She closed her eyes and soaked in the Paradise sun. Kinda hard to get genuinely distressed in such pleasant conditions.

"Speakin' of problems, what do you occupy yer time with, Pine? Can't be very many folks of yer battlin' calibre, nor too many crises yer strength is suitable fer."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Uh." Pine thought about it. "Dunno. Sometimes I go into really hard Dungeons, y'know, the ones that exist still. Or I relax and help out in Paradise and stuff. Even if they're weak, taking down some troublemakers is fine."

Nanab nodded. "I remember what he said back against that Machine, but... I think it was exaggerated. I think being bored just comes with peace."

"I can't hurt people I like," Pine replied. "The Shadows... twisted that. I didn't like it."

"Peace is fragile," Nanab said. "The security that we'll be around is why we keep going."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I'm sore glad that you do," said Brisa. "And I'm sure the residents are too."

She lounged back, sipping more cheri cider. She'd ruminated, at one point, about the shadow thoughts those two had expressed. But under this sun, seeing them at ease with each other, she couldn't think of a reason to worry.

She smiled at them. They had it made. Retiring to a life like this after an illustrious heroic career sounded pretty damn good to her. One with a partner who understood you...

"I hope y'get to keep at it fer a long time t'come," she added, closing her eyes against the warm breeze. For a moment, it felt like she could have this, too.

<><><><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom