• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"One or two good deeds doesn't cast away suspicion so easily," Vix's flame flickered irritably as memories of her village's stubbornness came to mind. "It's better than not doing anything, of course, but I highly doubt they're gonna trust us just from that."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
So! My humble opinion is that we should distillate the information we feed them
What if we tell Potluck first?
"Both are needless for different reasons," Bahamut said, shaking his head. "First off, there is nothing to distill. Either we tell them we're working for Dark Matter or we do not. Giving a watered-down explanation will be viewed with the same skepticism as lying." He looked at Celeste. "And as for the jigsaw puppy... that childish demeanor of his suggests he's the absolute wrong person to tell first. His behavior shows a lack of emotional maturity. I don't think he's capable of handling such an innocence-shattering revelation."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"So our only option right now is to wait then? We can't never tell them, if they find out by themselves we'll be worse off than if we told them ourselves," Vix said, looking up at Bahamut. "Since it looks like you know what to do, why not enlighten us about what that is?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Waiting only hurts us," Bahamut reiterated. "Besides the examples I illustrated, there's that zoroark. For all we know, he could've overheard one of us mention it at some point. Our boss is stretched thin; it wouldn't surprise me if he can't keep tabs on all of Maple's team at all times." He chuckled to himself. "As for what we do... we have the members of the team who are least likely to get upset or cause a scene break the news." Bahamut promptly gestured to Cabot and Owen.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I could, sure. But that's only if people believe Maple would prefer a short, blunt explanation."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Now, now. I was not implying that we should stay quiet about this whole plight, but I reckon that we should first sound out the terrain and make sure that those fellows won’t be the ones who will throw a ruckus.” Icetales wrapped his tails around his body. “Because, well… If they will be utterly cross with us when we will relay the news, then they will utterly flay our flanks, or worse!”

He shook his head. “Their true goal is still an enormous enigma to all of us, and we cannot afford to take a false step out of fright of being busted or whatnot. We need to work on some plan and figure out what is their stance about Dark Matter. Besides, perhaps one of them would be more open to reason and accept the truth about us with more ease? And if yes, who?”

Last edited:

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
"We have time to work out how to tell Maple," Nip said, raising his voice enough to be heard. "Telling her is inevitable at this rate, but we have more pressing matters to work out. Namely... searching for our missing members. For all we know, Brisa and Starr could be in some sort of danger."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
...Even if I advised you all not to, it seems you are putting more faith in Maple to be rational than I am. Very well. If you all die then there is nothing I can do about it. I only advise you all to be careful with this.

A question I have also been asking myself is if Arceus knows about you in any capacity. He is the most powerful entity native to Cibus... And yet he does not realize your origins? He was weak against Dark Matter, of course, so perhaps he also does not realize it here...

I propose that some of you gather and tell one of God Squad as soon as you can, then. Check your badges for their location.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
...Even if I advised you all not to, it seems you are putting more faith in Maple to be rational than I am. Very well. If you all die then there is nothing I can do about it. I only advise you all to be careful with this.

"H-Hey, I didn't say that, and I don't think anyone else is thinking that either," Cabot said, worried he might have upset Diyem. "I mean, I think it's better to tell Maple and the others the truth and I do think it can work if we approach Truffle first and bring it up carefully, but I won't tell them if you don't want me to."

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Maybe some people are," Nate growled. "I think it's fucking stupid. The sneasel's right--we can figure out how bring up that we're all pals with the ultimate evil to the people who specifically want to murder the ultimate evil, like, tomorrow or some shit. We got more important things to worry about right now."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Right, there is something else I think all of you should know about Maple and her team," Cabot began. "I talked to Meringue the day after Darkwhite attacked Celeste on the beach and it turns out not everyone here is as familiar with them as we think. Apparently they just showed up in Cibus one day and... 'asserted' themselves, as Meringue described."

The Cranidos shifted a little, before continuing on. "That said... he also mentioned that Arceus himself told everyone that Maple and the others work for him, so I don't think they're lying about that part at least. Maybe they're not telling us everything and they really are from another world, but I don't think their intentions are malicious if Arceus is actually okay with them being here."
"Wait, excuse me?" Dave said. "Let me get this straight, the so-called God Squad just appeared out of nowhere one day? Nobody has any reason to trust them? Other than the god that conveniently came down to tell you to? Even if you think Arceus is real and omnibenevolent and just conveniently doesn't feel like intervening in anything important because insert thin excuse here, why the fuck should we even think that was actually Arceus, and not, you know, the fucking Zoroark that we know they have? Jesus Christ. And you want to tell these fuckers more things?" He threw an incredulous glare at Bahamut. "I don't know about you people but I'm firmly on the side of let's hope to fuck they never find out about Diyem. Maple already seems ready to kill us all, or worse. Look, okay, Diyem says if we die we just end up in Veritas City. But what if she just portals us all to another fucking planet, and there's no way back and we're stuck, forever? You know, like Brisa and Starr right now?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"You have a portal-maker amongst you." Bahamut pointed to himself. "If Maple takes us somewhere else, then I will take in whatever radiance is necessary to send you back to Diyem or Cibus. I do not care if it snuffs out my own life."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem listened to them all and finally sighed, making sure that it was heard amongst them. I can't reasonably expect all of you to stay quiet unless you collectively decide to work as a team. So I want you to come to a decision now. Like what Cabot suggested, you can either find someone less volatile to inform first, or you can say nothing at all until a better time arises.

At this point it seems quite clear that some of you are not taking into account the dangers I am speaking of, so at least you can try to mitigate it.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“Still, that would imply that thou would be kept around to rend the fabric of space for us, Sir Bahamut,” said Icetales, staring at the dragon. “And if these ‘gods’ truly would be so hellbent in removing us from this world, then they would do so in such way that we won’t return. And, well, I would say that cutting out the possibility of opening portals would be one of their top priorities.”

A cold mist surrounded his tails and he narrowed his eyes. The situation was far from favorable for them, and the notion greatly unnerved him. What was the best approach for them? How could they not potentially trigger an attack from that squad?

“…I am of the opinion that we should
reveal our nature to one of them when the time is most propitious. We all are weakened, and have survived an assault from that daem—Darkwhite and a Lugia. I do not believe we are in the mental and physical condition to repel them if they were to assault us. Besides, we are still lacking teammates. Let us focus on that for the time being, and once they have been rescued, we shall work on a plan to deal with that God Squad.”

He glanced around. “Does that sound reasonable to thee?”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Then tell the bird." Bahamut looked skyward. "O Darkness Mine, did you not say to me that, if you had nefarious purposes, you would've struck us down immediately?" He then bowed his head. "Would that same logic not apply to Maple's team? If they have malicious intentions, why haven't they already struck us down?" A smirk tugged at his beak. "The longer we continue helping with these situations, the more respect we earn from the denizens of this world and the harder it becomes for her to try and off us. And you can't say that she's attempting to string us along, because she hasn't exactly been convincing us to battle up to now.

"As vast as your power appears, you yourself have conceded its limits. Like the distortion that makes you lose sight of us." Bahamut shrugged his lower wings. "I think we can all agree that such distortion is spreading compared to when we first got here. There are more instances where our boss loses sight of us. Thus, barring any changes of heart that prompt him to come to this planet, it would behoove us to have more allies who are physically present in this world."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
...Whatever you all decide to do... I doubt I can stop you. I only implore you all to be careful. Otherwise... He decided not to finish, and instead told Bahamut, The situations are not equivalent. I have to defend myself because of my past. The reason I fear Maple striking you all down is not because they have nefarious intent, but misguided, heroic ones. For all I know, confirmation that I am who they may suspect I am could be the excuse they need to get rid of us. And if they are not plotting against us, then confirmation that you are interlopers sent by Dark Matter? Well... think of that approach instead.

This world is not foreign to falsely blaming an interloper for a disaster. You may ask Bone of the Air Continent of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom