• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen screamed through it all--he didn't even know what they were saying. It was only when he finally ran out of air, and his throat was far too strained, that he stopped, but instead collapsed to the ground. His arms barely held him up, and the green in his vision, coming from his hands, didn't help things. He panted and gasped loudly, trembling, and their words were finally registering to him.

"I... I..." His voice was scratchy and faded. "I... remember..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
It took Owen a while to talk again, but he eventually was able to get into a sitting position, slumped over. He was too stunned to get onto his feet proper.

"This... happened to me before," he said quietly. "Becoming Grass... and... and that did it. My Radiant power is this, and it reminded me of all the times I... all of... I got a lot of it all back. My memories. So many... memories..."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow couldn't help but stare. How could anyone just change their type like that? It was so unnatural!! And it wasn't the first time, either? Just what was he?

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow swallowed and tried to get over her shock from the events of the past few moments. Others should have heard the screams. Where was everyone?

Gradually she approached and studied Owen more. Despite the fact that he was still alive... He did not look good at all. Even if it certainly wasn't the way that Garchomp had looked... He seemed one second away from lashing out at anyone and everything.

"...He needs to see a medic.", she insisted. "You said this was ...Radiance? But... It's exactly like infected Pokémon..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen shook his head at Mellow. "I'm... fine. I just... need to rest. I'm not going to hurt anyone... not anymore..." That last part was more to himself, like it had been intended for an inside thought and not said aloud. But the way Owen stood up, he didn't seem to realize he'd said it at all.

"All those problems aren't here. All my memories of everyone... everything that happened... I shouldn't let them distract me right now. I just need to think, I'm... I'm sorry."

He looked at his hands. The color wasn't going away. He'd probably have to use it again, or focus in some way, to go back to normal. But right now he just needed to think. It was all too much; he didn't know how to speak with Cabot or Mellow or anyone right now. They all felt like strangers to him. But how could he tell them that so callously?

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"It- It's okay..." Cabot replied. He hemmed and hawed a little as he thought about what to say next. Part of him was curious what Owen had remembered that could make him this upset, but he also had a feeling that forcing Owen to talk about all of it right here and now would just make him feel even worse. If that was the case, maybe Owen just needed some space to process things? Either way, at least he needed to know that he didn't have to do deal with this all by himself...

"Owen?" Cabot began. "I don't know what you remembered exactly, but from how you're acting I'm guessing it's not anything nice. If you don't want to talk about it, then that's okay. Just know that you're not alone, alright? We're here for you."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow went silent and let him go, against her better judgement, but she was too lost to stop him. It did confirm her suspicions though. None of the powers above them were truly benevolent. She looked over to the Cranidos and frowned but said nothing.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Thank you," Owen said quietly. "I'm sorry. Maybe... maybe when I have more time to get through it all, I'm--it's just a lot. I can't t-talk about it right now." He nodded apologetically toward Cabot, and then continued to another part of the quarters, if only to relax in someplace that was quieter or less likely to get a crowd. "Cabot, if you see anybody coming this way, can you tell them I'm okay? Thanks..." He didn't wait for a response, as he was already walking to another part of the room.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"Will do," Cabot said. The Cranidos watched as Owen made his way for the other side of the room, letting out a small sigh. He slowly turned around and got ready to leave, but not before looking over to Mellow. "I think we should give him some space."

And with that, Cabot walked out of the room.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow was quiet, but didn't move. She was certain leaving him by himself would be a horrible idea...

...Well, she wouldn't pry him for details about the memories he mentioned. What happened in the places they came from didn't really matter here. What mattered is that he was on the verge of... Something. Hadn't that Cranidos seen that he shouldn't be left alone? So Mellow made her way forward. Not completely, but enough to keep a close eye on Owen until he was better. If he did get better.

...She had a lot to think about herself. About this mission they'd been sent on. Maybe they both could use the space and time alone, so to speak.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen had stood there, closing his eyes and breathing steadily. Occasionally he mumbled to himself, perhaps speaking with Diyem, but for the most part he was simply sitting there. His flower glowed softly, like it was bio-luminescent, to make up for his lack of a flame. Eventually, however, he glanced back at Mellow, frowning. It was hard to tell what that frown meant, but it didn't look like Owen was about to tell her to go away.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
She didn't notice at first.

Her own face was stern from thought and facing away from him, but when she saw he had turned, she quickly looked up and put on an awkward smile. It wasn't a true smile in the slightest, and she took the opportunity to make sure he wasn't losing himself even more, but she still didn't pry.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen looked calmer than before, though he was still looking uneasy. He sighed, and then looked at his hands again. With a little focus, and a bit more time, his feathery leaves condensed into orange scales again. The flower withered and burst into flames. Soon, he was back to normal again, and he looked down.

"...At least I can turn back to normal here, too," he remarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom