• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Inner Focus Training Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Ok!" Coleane said. She took a deep breath, focused...then Roared out the first thing that came to mind.

"ARE THERE BAD HUMANS?!" she Roared.

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"ARE THERE BAD HUMANS?!" she Roared.
Her Roar pushed Evie slightly, the words and the suddenness of it all having caught her off guard a bit.

Are there any bad humans? She shook her head at the question.

Of course there was but she wasn't about to say that. The Tropius sounded like she had her hopes crushed, no need to add any more to the baggage.

So instead, she said, "Impressive. You're stronger than you look."

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb stepped into the arena with Zack on his shoulder. They had exited the security office after having had enough of all the noise and questioning there. It was way too much to take in, especially due to the mystery of the disappearance.
"ARE THERE BAD HUMANS?!"
Seb jolted in surprise, Zack almost falling, after hearing the Tropius’ loud question. “Coleane?” they called out in unison.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Thank you!" Coleane said, fanning out her wings with a smile, before seeing the new arrivals in the area.

"Hiya! I'm practicing my Roar!" she said.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Okay…” Seb muttered. He fixed his glasses a bit, looking confused. “But that was a weird question.”

“You gotta be kiddin’, right?” Zack asked.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Anthro Pokémon... guess, he's checking that off the list.

June put back the notepad into his bag and he turned towards the newcomers. "Hello there! The name's June and over there is Evie! Nice to meet you!"

Evie gave them a short wave before refocusing back on the Tropius.

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
“Okay…” Seb muttered. He fixed his glasses a bit, looking confused. “But that was a weird question.”

“You gotta be kiddin’, right?” Zack asked.
"Oh...you heard that?" Coleane asked, her wings drooping a bit. "I've...been thinking about that."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Hello there! I'm June and she's Evie! Nice to meet you!"

Evie nodded in greeting.
“Ah, hey!” Seb waved back. “You’re that talking Charmander from the boat, right?”

“Yo.” Zack waved at Evie. He tilted his head forward as he examined her. “What’re you?”
"Oh...you heard that?" Coleane asked, her wings drooping a bit. "I've...been thinking about that."
“Why would you ask that?” Seb said, looking a bit worried.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Ah, hey!” Seb waved back. “You’re that talking Charmander from the boat, right?”
"Yup! Well, I'm technically a human that got turned into a Pokémon but who's counting." He shrugged.
“Yo.” Zack waved at Evie. He tilted his head forward as he examined her. “What’re you?”
That question again... She rolled her eyes, facing the Pidgeotto. "I'm an Eevee." She tried not to react to the sound of June's wince.

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
“Why would you ask that?”
"Because...I know there's bad Pokemon, but...humans are so cool! They're so heroic, and good, and...there can't be bad humans, right?" Coleane said, looking down. "Right?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Uh…” Seb was silent for a few moments. It felt like talking with a child; what was he supposed to say? Maybe lessen the punch to the heart? “Yeah. I mean, not every person is evil. There’s always gonna be a hero that has to stop a villain…”

“Hm?” Zack turned around, becoming interested. “We havin’ a hero talk?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...what do you mean?" Coleane asked, her wings drooping further.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“I don’t really know how best to explain this, but…” Seb lowered his head, holding his glasses. “Humans aren’t born evil or good. It’s all about circumstance. Besides, there’s no destiny that tells them they will become heroes or villains. It’s up to us to decide what we wanna do with our lives.” He closed his eyes and rubbed his forehead a bit. “Think I’m getting carried away there.”

“Whaddya think someone heroic is like to you, then?” Zack asked, crossing his wings.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Because...I know there's bad Pokemon, but...humans are so cool! They're so heroic, and good, and...there can't be bad humans, right?" Coleane said, looking down. "Right?"
June bit down a reply as Seb relayed his thoughts towards Coleane.

While he did agree with Seb's answer, it definitely held a lot of good points, but he felt like it didn't exactly answer the question. Seb was still treading around it, like he was expecting Coleane to crumble if he wasn't careful.

"There are bad humans." He winced at the hissed 'June!' tossed at him but that didn't discourage him, ripping off a band-aid always sounded worse than it actually did.

"Coleane, I don't know what you've heard back in your world but humans are not all good. They might've been born innocent, compassionate and kind but just like Seb said, it's all a matter of circumstance and perspective." June scratched his cheek. "Experience and trauma are what shape people to be what they are, even the kindest soul at birth can turn into a genocidal maniac if their environment allows it. When there's evil, good will always rise up but likewise, good can't truly exist without evil in some form. Most humans like to do good, our brain even rewards it but there will always be bad humans, that's just a fact." He shook his head, chuckling sheepishly. "You can also say that's kinda what makes humans unique, the world isn't black and white, every path we walk down leads to another and how it shapes us depends on how we react to it."

June stepped back, a nervous chuckle escaping him. "Wow, okay, I didn't expect myself to go so heavy on that. But I meant it, Coleane. I know it's an unpleasant revelation but you shouldn't let it affect you too much."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"..."

Tears dripped from the Tropius' eyes. That...couldn't be right. That couldn't be right. Humans were heroes! The concept of there being bad humans was just...not possible. That couldn't be possible. Humans were invincible, powerful, helpful, kind, amazing...

...what was left if they could be bad? What could someone even do against a bad human?

"Is...is that really the truth?" Coleane asked, desperation in her voice.

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Tears dripped from the Tropius' eyes.
Aw crap... craaaap... She's crying. She was crying. God damn it, why didn't he just keep his mouth shut.

He was ruining things again.
"Is...is that really the truth?" Coleane asked, desperation in her voice.
His breath hitched and he found his voice getting stuck in his throat. The tears in her eyes making him feel like he made a serious mistake.

"I–" He shook his head, he couldn't hesitate now, it was better for her to learn it now rather than later especially with that kidnapper on the loose. "–Yes. Yes it is."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Oh man…” Zack held a wing over his head as he watched Coleane cry. “Even I’m startin’ to feel bad.”

“Ugh, this feels like watching a kid cry over a broken dream,” Seb muttered, clasping his hands over his chest. “Seriously, I hate crying children. They break my heart.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Oh..." Coleane said, more tears streaming down her neck.

"I...I thought humans were heroes...I thought they were really, really cool..."

ShiniGojira

Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Th-they are..." June said, rubbing the nape of his neck. "... just uh, not all of them."

God, he felt like such a jerk for doing this but it was justified... he was doing this for her own good.

Why was he doubting himself now?

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Um…” Seb was at a loss. What was he supposed to do? Would solving the case on the island make him a hero of sorts? He wanted to do that to prove to Coleane his point about not all humans being evil, but he didn’t expect himself to do it, not even decently. He looked around, desperate for any suggestions.

“Jack-o my man, where are you?” Zack asked, shaking his head in despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom