• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

General RP Thread

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Really? They were going to play this game, were they? "Okay, fine, stand there if you want, then," Nate said. He sat back down heavily on the slimy, mossy boulder. Honestly, fucking off back to the hotel room would in all respects be preferable, except that it would make this prick think he'd won something. "But I'm fucking tired, so I'm just gonna keep sitting here like I was, thanks."

Mightyena tipped her chin up, looking down at the umbreon imperiously. "I don't have a problem with you. But if your trainer tries to hurt mine again, I won't hesitate to hurt him back."

She couldn't keep her full attention on the eeveelutions, though, had to keep shooting looks back at Nate. Even he wouldn't pick a fight here, would he? He wouldn't.

Mightyena wished she could feel sure.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"But I'm fucking tired, so I'm just gonna keep sitting here like I was, thanks."

"Fine. Keep wasting oxygen, then, you fucking sack of shit."

--

Mightyena tipped her chin up, looking down at the umbreon imperiously. "I don't have a problem with you. But if your trainer tries to hurt mine again, I won't hesitate to hurt him back."

Merian shrank back, cowed by the Mightyena's assertiveness. "...O-Okay. Uh, don't worry, though, Wes won't try to do anything..."

--

Nico risked a glance up at Wes.

The wisp was nowhere to be seen. Good.

He breathed a sigh of relief and looked back to the Mightyena. "Indeed. I am fairly certain that Wes will not attempt to inflict any harm upon your trainer."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate barked a laugh. "What, is that really the best you've got? At least call me a cumdumpster or a wanktoaster or some shit, put a bit of effort into it."

Mightyena took a slow look between the eeveelutions and their trainer. She wasn't sure that she could trust their judgement; even if their trainer wasn't attacking Nate, yet, it sounded to her like he might at any moment. "Is there something wrong with your trainer?" she asked. "He seems like he wants to battle even more than mine, and mine is enough of a problem."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Nate barked a laugh. "What, is that really the best you've got? At least call me a cumdumpster or a wanktoaster or some shit, put a bit of effort into it.

Wes just stared blankly at Nate. "The fuck does any of that mean?"

"Is there something wrong with your trainer?" she asked. "He seems like he wants to battle even more than mine, and mine is enough of a problem."

Merian hesitated before answering, "Well, um, he just... doesn't like people. At all. He thinks everyone's bad, or... that everyone wants to hurt him. But that's not true, of course. ...And there's--"

--

Nico quickly swatted Merian on the back of the head with a paw to silence him. "That information does not need to be known."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate's eyebrows rose, and he couldn't help his lips quirking up at the corners. Was this guy for real? What the hell was his deal?

Nate was sure he didn't want to know. Who signed up for a rant by some nutjob who went around stabbing people for no reason? If his goal was to not go back to the hospital today, he should just shut up and hope the guy went away. Or go away himself, carefully, with Mightyena watching his back. And his goal for today was definitely to not go back to the hospital.

It might be pretty funny, though. "So what's your deal, anyway?" Nate asked. "I mean, I'm just sitting here. What's with all the hostility?"

Mightyena snorted. "Has he tried not attacking people? My trainer usually gets a better response when he does that."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"So what's your deal, anyway?" Nate asked. "I mean, I'm just sitting here. What's with all the hostility?"

"I just wasn't expecting to find another person around this area, in case that wasn't fucking obvious enough already."

Mightyena snorted. "Has he tried not attacking people? My trainer usually gets a better response when he does that."

Nico scoffed. "Have you ever been to Orre? Spend even a day there and you will see that such hostility is justified, and necessary for survival."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"I mean, yeah, I kinda got that part," Nate said. "Some people might be pissed if they found somebody else where they wanted to go, but usually they'd just, you know, grumble a bit and find another spot. Or ask the other guy to leave. Polite, like. It's all this blah blah fuck you that I don't get. Why so pissed, you know what I'm saying? You'd have more luck asking a guy to move along without all the fucking commentary."

"Orre? No." Mightyena flicked an ear. "I don't understand, though. The other... the other one of your trainer, he's not like your trainer at all. But he says he's from Orre, too. So why would it be different for him?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"I mean, yeah, I kinda got that part," Nate said. "Some people might be pissed if they found somebody else where they wanted to go, but usually they'd just, you know, grumble a bit and find another spot. Or ask the other guy to leave. Polite, like. It's all this blah blah fuck you that I don't get. Why so pissed, you know what I'm saying? You'd have more luck asking a guy to move along without all the fucking commentary."

Wes shrugged. " 'Why so pissed', huh? Well, I'm always just super fucking pissed at everyone, basically. When you're from Orre, that kind of behavior's the shit that keeps you alert... and alive. Never be good to anybody, 'cause they're gonna fuckin' shank you the second you think you can trust them."

"Orre? No." Mightyena flicked an ear. "I don't understand, though. The other... the other one of your trainer, he's not like your trainer at all. But he says he's from Orre, too. So why would it be different for him?"

Nico tilted his head. "Ah. The matter of the... 'impostor'. You see, until recently, I had the belief that the... 'Other' Wes, as I refer to him, was simply a mimic, or perhaps an assassin sent by Cipher." He swiped a paw over his ear. "However, with me having time to contemplate these thoughts, due to being kept inside for several days, I reached a different conclusion. I now hypothesize that the Other Wes is from... another Orre. Perhaps even another world entirely, if I am to be so bold. This would very much explain everything in the simplest fashion."

--

Merian rolled his eyes before saying, "Enough with the fancy talk, seriously. You're not even cool enough to be using all those words."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Orre, again. Not surprising, given this was some kind of alternate version of Wes, but the name still put a thrill of unease through Nate nonetheless. Did his Orre have a Wes? Could it even be one of the two here on the island? Ugh. Like he didn't have bigger things to worry about.

"Well, yeah," Nate said, mustering up the composure for a shrug. "But there's a difference between not trusting people and cursing them out because they were randomly walking around near you or whatever the fuck. Like, ain't that gonna make people notice you more than if you just left them alone? It don't seem like the best way to go if you don't want to get shanked, is what I'm saying."

Mightyena nodded curtly at Nico's explanation. "It's true. You must be from different worlds, and that means different Orres. But... is that really enough to explain it? I've never met someone like your trainer before at all."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Well, yeah," Nate said, mustering up the composure for a shrug. "But there's a difference between not trusting people and cursing them out because they were randomly walking around near you or whatever the fuck. Like, ain't that gonna make people notice you more than if you just left them alone? It don't seem like the best way to go if you don't want to get shanked, is what I'm saying."

"Might draw more attention, yeah, but that's fine." Wes folded his arms. "If people are aggressive towards me, it just means I can kill 'em sooner rather than later." A small smile grew on his face. "And killing them benefits me, of course, because then they won't be in my way."

Mightyena nodded curtly at Nico's explanation. "It's true. You must be from different worlds, and that means different Orres. But... is that really enough to explain it? I've never met someone like your trainer before at all."

Nico thought for a few seconds before answering, "People's mannerisms are determined by their environment, are they not? Then yes, it should be obvious, then, why Wes is so hostile to all other humans!" He paused briefly. "And why he cares so deeply for all Pokémon."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate tilted his head slightly, his expression blank. "Killed a lot of people, then, have you?"

"Oh?" Mightyena says. "He cares for pokémon, does he? What about the ones who don't want their trainer getting stabbed?"

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Nate tilted his head slightly, his expression blank. "Killed a lot of people, then, have you?"

"...Eh, well, not as many as I'd have liked to before I ended up on this island, but yes, I have killed people." He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. "And I've enjoyed it everytime."

"Oh?" Mightyena says. "He cares for pokémon, does he? What about the ones who don't want their trainer getting stabbed?"

Nico glanced off to the side, avoiding eye contact with Mightyena. "...That has not been considered as a possibility, as far as I am aware. This island... it has trainers who genuinely mean well, and treat their Pokémon with care and respect. In Orre, that is unheard of."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Yeah? Well, everybody's got to have a hobby, I guess," Nate deadpanned. He hauled back to his feet and shot a meaningful glance at Mightyena. "Feel like there's paint drying calling my name back at the hotel, though. It's been real and all."

Mightyena's ears went up. "Really? Unheard of?" It was hard to imagine that no one in the whole region treated their pokémon well... besides Wes, supposedly. Mightyena glanced up at Nate as he stood, then looked uneasily back at the eeveelutions. The contrast between them and the two with the other Wes was stark. If these were the pokémon of someone who was supposed to care about them deeply...

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
"Feel like there's paint drying calling my name back at the hotel, though. It's been real and all."

Wes sneered. "Right, you can go fuck off, then."

Mightyena's ears went up. "Really? Unheard of?"

Nico nodded. "Indeed. Though, I should note that we have only ever encountered one individual who seemed to be a decent human. She does not have any Pokémon of her own, though, so..." His ears flicked, in what was the closest he could get to a shrug.

--

Merian stepped forward, eyes bright. "Well, uh, actually, she's taking care of the rest of Wes' Pokémon while we're here! I mean, Wes didn't really trust her to do it, and we have no way of knowing what's actually going on, but I think everything's going okay!"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Sounds about right," Nate said. "Come on, Mightyena."

Mightyena glanced his way, then back to the eeveelutions. "That's good, then. Two is better than none. It sounds like you have a tough life in the world you came from, but I hope it gets better for you and you meet more humans who love their pokémon." Mightyena paused. "As long as your trainer doesn't kill them." She dipped her head before starting off after Nate, moving at a stiff walk. "Good luck, both of you..."

<><><>​

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb was pacing around the island's forest, focusing on his Rotom Phone's screen in his hands. He didn't seem too impatient, but he was still waiting for a signal from Odette. Everyone agreed to perform a heist of sorts on Xavian's room, hoping to find the Golden King and taking him out before he could become more powerful.

Meanwhile, Zack sat on one of the trees' branches, one leg dangling below. He was relaxing after having dealt with Diancie's riddles. To think that the princess blessed him with a favor. He still couldn't believe it. He looked at the Pidgeotite grasped in his wing, smiling with some excitement on his expression. It felt too good to be true, but here he was, with everything he needed to go Mega. He just hoped he didn't go berserk on his buddies. Not after hearing about all the rookies with their Mega-Lucario...

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"Um, excuse me, but please don't say--" Seb turned to look at the person who addressed him so aggressively, becoming silent in shock after recognizing the face before him. "Wes? Why do you look so edgy?"

Zack looked down at the Umbreon below, waving his free wing at him. "Oh, yo! Believe it or not, I hatched like this. Just inheritin' Dad's muscles, is all." He puffed up his chest and flexed a wing with pride, showing off his pectorals and biceps. "Hah! Check it out! Ya like what ya see?"

Sitting on the Pidgeot's shoulder, a humanoid Farfetch'd shook his head as he smiled and chuckled at the display. "Showing off again, buddy? I'm a bit surprised you're not doing it in front of a 'chick'."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"How the fuck do you know my name?"
Seb looked confused at Wes. "Um, don't you remember me? Back at the fancy restaurant with the Flygon chef? It's me, Seb!"
"Oh, gods... are you sure neither of you were experimented on or anything like that?"
"Pffft! Really now?" Zack gave a light laugh. "Ya think this is like those fanfic thingies on the internet? Nah, nothin' crazy goin' on here!"

"Well, I worked out enough to end up like this," Jack replied. "Mostly to be on par with my friend here."

"So, what's your name, buddy?" The Pidgeot passed a wing through his crest. "I'm Zack." He moved his gaze towards the Farfetch'd. "And this is my buddy Jack."

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"You're getting me confused with the impostor that's been running around, trying to be some fucking bullshit goody two-shoes socialite. Yeah, no, he's not me. No way in fucking hell."
"Oh, I get it now..." Seb examined the other Wes attentively. He did look taller, and he had a black coat. The vocabulary was drastically different, too. "But please, relax. Why aren't you helping us with the case? We're getting close to finding out who the Golden King is."
"Uh... what's a... 'fanfic'?"
"It comes from combining the words 'fan' and 'fiction' together," Jack replied. "Those are stories made by fans of different published works."
"Oh! My name's Merian. And that," he motioned to Nico with a flick of his tail, "is my brother Nico! He doesn't really like to talk to anybody."
"Nice to meetcha, buddy," Zack said with a thumbs-up.

Jack turned his gaze towards the humans nearby. He became worried. "Uh, what's going on over there? Is that your Trainer, Merian?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Wes scoffed. "Oh, for fuck's sake. Why should I be helping any of you shitstains? I don't fucking care if people go missing!"
Seb stepped back, mortified. "How can you be so awful!? Why wouldn't you care? This is a Legend we're speaking of--one who'd kill us if it meant severing the bonds we share with our Pokémon!"
"Yeah, that's my trainer! His name's Wes, and sometimes he's really mean to people, but I think that's okay because he's had a really tough life... but at least he's really, really nice to Pokémon! He'd never let anything bad happen to any Pokémon!"
"I find it hard to believe he'd be nice to us," Jack said. "Well, besides you two."

Top Bottom