• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Riverside Plaza

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk gave the rock-type an apologetic smile. "I see. Sorry if I'm getting too excited. This is a lot to take in. I do have to admit that I'd be very interested in meeting these humans... as a matter of mythological curiosity, of course. Do you think you could point me in the direction of any of them?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Do not apologize for your excitement, it is far tamer than what I've been forced to deal with." That was only half true, since he felt Dusk would probably reach Kora levels of excitement once he actually meets a human. All the more reason to not help him... but he had to be nice.

Lee made ita point to not pick the Cafe, as Gen had went there. He made a promise to the wott, and intended to keep it. "I believe most of the humans have went to their temporary residences, so first thing first, you might want to find that Combusken to find out your own dwelling arrangements. I would willing to accompany you for the time being, perhaps if we're lucky we can find one."

Preferably away from the Cafe...

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"That would be very helpful, thank you" replied Dusk. "As long as that's alright with you, of course. I wouldn't want to be a burden..." He pulled himself to his feet. "Is now a good time, or are you busy? I'm happy to wait."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I'm..."

Literally standing around, waiting for the day to end?

Hoping for some form of excitement to fall into his lap?

Wanting to bury himself in someone else's sadness? Or a big of spicy chips? Or both?

"...free. I am free," Lee nodded. "I would do me some good to... mingle with my fellow strangers."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A Wartortle and a Meganium entered the plaza.

"Is the Houndoom-oh, there you are. We just got word that you had arrived," the Meganium said.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Hello!" Dusk said to the newcomers. Or, well, I suppose I'm the newcomer. "Yes, I'm the Houndoom who just arrived here. My name is Dusk. Are you in charge here?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"You could say that," the Wartortle said, chuckling slightly. "Anyway, I'm guessing you need help getting situated?"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Yes, that would be very helpful" Dusk nodded. "I've just been talking with this kind Lycanroc here, and we were going to look for one of these humans he's been telling me about, but I suppose if you're in charge, it might be a good idea to talk with you first." He glanced at Lee. "If you're happy to wait, of course." He turned back to the Wortortle. "I heard something about temporary accommodation?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Hahaha said:
"We were going to look for one of these humans he's been telling me about"

"You're looking straight at one!" the Wartortle said. "I'm Lidequir, the human who saved the world from a meteor strike! With some help from Acacia, Magnezone, and Absol. And Rayquaza but we had to beat them up first because they refused to look up. Still frustrated about that."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Ah, well," Lee clapped his paws together. "As you can see, this is one of the heroes of legend. A human. A different one from the ones in our group. The main difference being that this Wartortle is competent." Did it count as being mean when the people he was talking about weren't here? Hell if he knew. But, just in case... "For... lack of a better word."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"R-really?" Dusk's eyes were practically glowing. "Wow... an actual human... Um, this might seem a strange question, but... you wouldn't happen to have been cursed by a Ninetales, would you?"

Then, something clicks. "W-wait, did you say meteor?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Lidequir's expression noticeably soured. "Not this rumor again...no, it wasn't me, it was Gengar, he framed us for that and tried to turn all of Pokemon Square against us, and Team ACT nearly killed us. Twice."

The Meganium, Acacia laid a vine on Lidequir to try and comfort her. "There was a meteor falling, and it was causing a lot of natural disaters," Acacia explained. "We had to go to the top of Sky Tower to tell Rayquaza to destroy the meteor."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Rumour?" Dusk frowned. "I... I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of any rumour. I'm looking for a Ninetales, you see, and... and I suppose you would be from a different world, after all, so you wouldn't have been able to meet her anyway... Sorry, I got my hopes up a bit too much."

The mention of the meteor, however, had a much more notable effect. Dusk's eyes widened and he took a step back. "That star... the one that's getting bigger... and... and you said it could have destroyed the world?" He looked on the verge of another panic attack. "Does that mean my world is going to be hit by a meteor too?"

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Don't be ridiculous, whether it is by the hands of a human or some Pokemon growing a backbone, your world will be saved," Lee said, colder than intended. "It's some sort of... cycle. The world is endangered, humans come to fix it. It has been happening for ages and it will continue happening for many more."

"Hell, if your world coming to an end is such a horrifying thought, why not take up that mantle yourself?" Lee asked, crossing his arms. "Instead of waiting for a hero like the rest of society."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk whirled around to face Lee. "I-how could I-" he spluttered. "I'm an exploration team leader, I go through low-ranked mystery dungeons, not meet with legendaries! I wouldn't know where to start with something like a meteor! And even if I did, I'm stranded here, potentially without a way back or a way to warn my world of what's coming!"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Overreacting isn't going to help you either. Whether it's by the help of the locals, or me and my companion's own power, we all will return to our own worlds," Lee said calmly. "And you are overestimating the path of being a hero. Your world might not have tales of humans and their heroics, so allow me to say this."

He turned to face Dusk, crouching down to be level with him. "Why couldn't you be able to save the world? Surely you don't think that this human went straight to Rayquaza, do you? If anything, I'm willing to bet he started out a bumbling fool, lost and confused, unable to hold his own in a solo fight. Yet you are already part of a team, are you not? You already know your world better than he knew this one. You're starting off with more skill than he did. And where he had to earn the trust of the Pokemon around them, and was nearly captured by the one he wanted to save, you're already a trusted member of a guild."

Lee stood back up, crossing his arms again. "Don't get so caught up in your own fears that you fail to see the potential and fortune granted to you."

Top Bottom