• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Riverside Plaza

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"So you can travel between worlds at will? Why stay here, then? I mean, this is a nice place, but if I had that ability, I'd be using it to go home straight away."

He wasn't sure if he should ask the next bit. He could easily see it being taken as rude, or too forward. But he had to know. "I... I don't suppose you could use that power to transport others back to their worlds, could you? Or, failing that... bring people from other worlds here?"

"Well going between worlds isn't fast, or easy. I almost fell apart trying because I wasn't trying to get here in the first place! It stung like a bitch, and honestly I still have this annoying sting in my chest from it," Kora snickered, rubbing at his chest. "But once I recover, I think... in about a week, I should be able to world travel again. I already promised to bring anyone back home that I can, and intend to keep it!"

"And, since I gotta wait a while, why not enjoy myself here? I already got a lotta friends here, and I wanna make more, and this is a whole new world with things my world probably doesn't have! It's so exciting!" he yipped.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Ah. I understand, then. Apologies." A week. He supposed that wasn't too bad, but could he last that long? Well... I guess I have no choice. May as well make the most of it.

"And, since I gotta wait a while, why not enjoy myself here? I already got a lotta friends here, and I wanna make more, and this is a whole new world with things my world probably doesn't have! It's so exciting!" he yipped.
Dusk gave a grin despite himself. "You have a point there. This is a unique opportunity and I suppose it would be a mistake to waste it." Not to mention, if I hadn't come here, I might never have realized that the moving star was a meteor. If I hadn't come here, perhaps my world would have been doomed.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Of course I gotta point, I what's the point of going on a vacation if you're not enjoying yourself?" Kora snickered. "Speaking of... what're you doin'?"

Kora totally wasn't asking this because he was bored out of his mind and wanted to do something with someone. Not at all!

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk shrugged. "I wasn't really doing much, to be honest. I was just walking around, thinking about things... wondering how to pass the time. Do you have any ideas for something to do? I'm certainly not busy in any way."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
'Fuck, we're both just doing nothin'.'

"Er, well..." Kora hummed, tapping the tips of his claws together. "I-I don't really got anythin' goin' on... I guess we could, uh... walk for a bit? Maybe we can find something to do!"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"That sounds like a good idea." Dusk nodded and smiled. "Any particular idea which way we should go? I just came from the beach, but" but perhaps Gladion's still there, and I wouldn't want to interrupt him if he's still contemplating "but it wasn't a particularly impressive beach, to be brutally honest. Apart from there and the hill, I don't really know my way around this place."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Any particular idea which way we should go?"

"Not in the slightest! I ain't got any idea where anything is," Kora laughed. "Being lost is kinda fun, at least for me. I know there's a place for clothes, a cafe, and my house! There's... also that building I saw little Gen come out of... Hm...." Curious, Kora tried to look out for the building, but soon forgot which one it even was. It might be important, so Kora told himself to remember to look for it.

"Oh well," he shrugged. "Why not just walk around and see what we find? Who knows what we might be able to find, hehe!"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Wonderful" Dusk nodded and, picking a random direction, started off going that way.

As he walked, he glanced at Kora. "So... while we're looking, how about we talk about something?" He searched his head for a conversation topic. "Uh... so what do you do back in your world, Kora?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Was that really the first thing to come to someone's mind? Work? When they're all on vacation?

"I'm a hero, with my friends... and Lee," Kora went on, crossing his arms. "Save some people, beat the baddie, explore dungeons, explore more dungeons, find even more dungeons!" Was it clear Kora liked dungeons? From his bright his eyes sparkled and the massive smile on his face, it was probably hard for someone to figure out. "Oh, and save the world or whatever, but I get to go in so many awesome dungeons!"

"What about you, though? You don't feel all that powerful, but you aren't not strong so like... Are you an explorer too?" Kora asked, walking on all fours to be somewhat equal in height with Dusk. "You kinda got the look of one, so it'd be crazy if you weren't."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk grinned. "That sounds amazing! Mystery dungeons are my favourite thing as well! You know, it's my dream to some day work out all the mysteries behind them..."
"What about you, though? You don't feel all that powerful, but you aren't not strong so like... Are you an explorer too?" Kora asked, walking on all fours to be somewhat equal in height with Dusk. "You kinda got the look of one, so it'd be crazy if you weren't."
"I'm leader of my own exploration team!" he said proudly. "We're still new, but we're getting pretty good at exploring, I think."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Mystery dungeons are my favourite thing as well!"

Kora let out a surprised, ecstatic gasp. This couldn't get better, could it?

You know, it's my dream to some day work out all the mysteries behind them..."

His gasp got even louder, and his eyes sparkled with red and black stars. Somehow, those same stars danced off his body. This was basically already perfect, there's no way it could--

"I'm leader of my own exploration team!"

Kora's fur shined a bright red and... somehow bright grey. Dusk was basically fucking perfect! There really was no possible way for this to get any better!!!

"...think."

Best three outta four, basically a perfect score! He wrapped an around Dusk's shoulder and took the hellhound into a snug side hug, grinning brightly. "I-I can't believe it, someone who's kinda like me! I thought no one else would even care about dungeon! And you're a team leader?! I-I'm so jealous!" he laughed.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk was a little bemused, but gave the illusion fox a smile anyway. "Uh, thank you. Yes, mystery dungeons have been my passion ever since I was a pup. That's why I left my pack, in fact. My first exploration didn't go very well... but I kept at it, and recently, I formed Team Sunset. We've been operating as a team for... about four months now, I believe." He thought for a moment. "Let's see... yes, four months. We've explored a lot more places since then."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"I've always been into fighting, and all the stories my parents told me about dungeons got me eager to go through some myself!" Kora snickered. "Not too long ago, I think, a human came to our island and a buncha stuff happened, and now we're part of our own exploration team! Team Sunse--"

"...and recently, I formed Team Sunset.

Kora's mouth was wide open in a healthy mix of shock and awe, and he stared at Dusk blankly.

"Y-Your team... Your team is called Team Sunset too?!?!" he asked, absolutely brimming with joy. The stars that danced off his body got a bit bigger, just smaller than the size of his paws. They hit they ground and kinda stayed there, absolute solid star-shaped clumps of aura. "You're kidding! You gotta be kidding! I bet Lee set you up to this, but even then, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" he squeed, wrapping both arms around the hound.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Y-Your team... Your team is called Team Sunset too?!?!"
"Really?" Dusk's jaw dropped open. "Er, n-no, Lee had nothing to do with this! This is as much a surprise to me as it is to you! What are the odds of two members of two different Team Sunsets ending up in the same place like this?"

"You said you weren't the leader of yours? Who else is in your Team Sunset?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Well there's me, my friends Rio and Minerva, and there's Zen, Eva, Z, Lee, Jirachi, Mew, and Requiem!" Kora beamed, as if Dusk would already know who any of those were.

"Rio's basically the leader, since he's human, but Zen's the smart one, and Lee sometimes makes ideas we sometimes follow, but no one really lets me lead. For good reason, the last time I led a team, I got us lost in a city and we spent a whole lotta time looking for the baths. It was funny but no one really lets me forget it," he laughed. "What about you? Who's on your team?"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"My team is relatively small compared to yours, just three Pokemon, which is the general standard in my world" Dusk said. "It's me, Mustela-a Furret-and Livewire-an Electabuzz."

"I'm sorry, did you say Jirachi and Mew?" he asked in shock. "As in, the Jirachi and Mew? The mythical Pokemon?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Yeah? What about 'em?" Kora tilted his head. "They're plenty strong, yeah, but Jirachi's really sad and Mew's like that Star that's here with us! She's so much fun!"

It took a while for Kora to understand that gods and the like are, well, gods. He didn't really care about any of that, all that really mattered was if they were strong and whether or not they wanted him dead. And despite Jirachi constantly telling him to die, Kora knew Jirachi was just a sweetheart.

"
Oh, right, not everyone just meets gods. You'd probably explode if you came to my world, there's a city full of 'em! A Zeraora is the leader of the smart part, Manaphy and Hoopa are in charge of the fun part, Latios helps the hero that works there get rid of baddies, Tapu Fini works for Manaphy and Hoopa..." he furrowed his brow as he thought. "I... feel like I'm missing a lot.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"That's amazing... You know, before yesterday, I didn't really believe in most of the myths and legends. I was interested in them, certainly, but I didn't really think they actually existed. And yet, yesterday I met a Mew, and today I'm meeting someone who lives in a world full of gods. I must say, I've heard some things about your world from Lee already and it just keeps sounding more and more like an absolutely fascinating place."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora put on a proud grin. "Hell yeah my world's amazing! A buncha dungeons, loads of strong Pokemon and humans, mroe dungeons, gods, and Dungeons! I can even transform into any gods you might wanna see, I've had to fight a whole lotta 'em!"

He snapped his claws, vanishing in a shroud of darkness and shrinking. A moment later, out popped the shooting star deity itself. Or one of them. Kora snickered, spinning around so his tassels twirled in the air. "See? Ain't this amazin' or what?"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Ah..." Dusk thought back to what he knew about Zoroark. "Your illusion powers, correct? That is amazing! ...This is Jirachi, right?" Kora looked kinda like the images in some of the old history books Marowak had given him, but those pictures had been rather stylized. "And you say you've actually battled several legendary Pokemon?"

Top Bottom