• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Riverside Plaza

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"W-when you bring everyone back, could you bring me back, too?" Gen asked, a genuine, hopeful smile on his face.

Kora smiled, shaking off the fried brain that Lance caused. "I'd be delighted to, buddy!"

"Is anyone else from that mountain here?" Gen asked. "Or anyone else from that village with the campfire?"

Lee let out a chuckle, seeing Gen smile. "Actually... there is. You'd be surprised to see him too." His smile turned into a grin. "You still remember the Jesse, right?"

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"Is anyone else from that mountain here?" Gen asked. "Or anyone else from that village with the campfire?"
Lance tilted his head. "Well, my Froslass friend is here too. Out of everyone from the campfire, I only recognize Kora..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Finally... said:
"I'd be delighted to, buddy!"

Gen smiled perhaps the brightest Kora had ever seen him smile. "T-thank you. Thank you so much."

:D said:
"Actually... there is. You'd be surprised to see him too. You still remember the Jesse, right?"

Gen's tail started swishing back and forth faster. "R-really? Where is he? Are Abigail and Darkwhite here too?" he asked.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"T-thank you. Thank you so much.
Lance flashed a smile. "I... am willing to help, Gen."

He ruffled Kora's mane again. "...Of course, if I can."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Gen smiled perhaps the brightest Kora had ever seen him smile. "T-thank you. Thank you so much."

Gen's tail started swishing back and forth faster. "R-really? Where is he? Are Abigail and Darkwhite here too?" he asked.

He ruffled Kora's mane again. "...Of course, if I can."

Kora grinned from ear to ear, a giddy sensation traveling up his body. "Aw, it ain't nothin' to thank me for, hehe!" he yipped happily.

"See what happens when you don't give up hope?" Lee chuckled, giving Gen a gentle squeeze. What a hypocrite... "Last I saw of him, he was in that cafe. I'm sure he'd be delighted to see you again. Unfortunately, Darkwhite and Abigail are not here. Nor anyone else from that blasted mountain." He sighed, then shrugged. "It is for the best, honestly. We don't need to overpopulate this world with... creatures such as Darkwhite."

"Darkwhite?" Kora blinked and tilted his head. "...huh?"

"Corrupted Mew. Like us but with light as well. She tasted of static."

"I... see. Ya know what, I won't say anything else about that."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"O-oh," Gen said. The swishing of his tail slowed. At least Jesse, Lee, Kora, and Lance were here though. Guess he should go to the cafe to see Jesse soon.

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk arrived at the plaza, still lost in thought. When he got there, he shook his head briefly to clear it, then headed towards the café, reasoning that he might be able to get a drink and a place to sit while he thought things over. Then again... he checked his bag. I haven't got any money, and nothing I can sell.

A place to sit, at least. Maybe.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance's ears perked up once he saw the Houndoom. He shivered a bit, thinking about... something, but shook it off.

Kora grinned from ear to ear, a giddy sensation traveling up his body. "Aw, it ain't nothin' to thank me for, hehe!" he yipped happily.
Moving his attention back to Kora and Gen, he scratched the fox's mane again.

"Right. I hope we can help you, Gen."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Well Gen, if ya don't gotta place to be I'd love to share a house with ya!" Kora beamed. "I mean... if you're fine with O-Or..." he gulped, taking a deep breath, then exhaling. "Orbeetle houses..." He really, really hoped it wasn't gonna look like an Orbeetle. Please don't let it be a giant Orbeetle...

He shook his head, readjusting his arms under Lance and smiling once more. "We was gonna check out the place we're stayin' in before we bumped into you, so we might as well go ahead and check it out."

"That is fine by me. I believe Gen would want to meet Jesse, but I am not going to force him to," Lee gave Kora a nod. "You two... honestly I don't care what you do, just don't fucking break the house."

"Aye aye!" Kora snickered, turning on his heel and marching on to wherever the hell the houses would've been. Well, up until he saw a Houndoom walking around. They sorta stuck out like a sore thumb, but just before he went on over to the hellhound, Lee stopped him.

"You're stalling," Lee said flatly.

"N-No..." Kora yipped. Lee stared into his eyes, nay, his very soul. Kora's ears dropped to the sides of his head and his eyes darted from side to side, then he let out a whine. "B-B-But it's an Orbeetle house! Wh-What do you expect me to do?"

"I don't care for you, but isn't your friend tired?" Lee raised a brow, then nodded his head away. "Quit being selfish. In."

"B-But-!"

"In." Lee said, firm. Kora let out another whine, then left the plaza, Lance in arms.

Last edited:

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk wandered around the plaza, looking at the various Pokemon. Maybe it would do to talk with one of them... they'd be less likely to charge him than a café owner. More or less at random, he decided to approach a tall example of what he recognized as a Lycanroc form. Not a Pokemon he'd ever met one of in person, but he'd read Professor Dewpider's Rock-Type Compendium enough to recognize one when he saw it.

"Uh, excuse me" he said, walking up to the rock-type. "I've just arrived here, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where everything is. I just met a Silvally-" another legendary creature, now that I think about it... "who told me to come here."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Uh, excuse me" he said, walking up to the rock-type. "I've just arrived here, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where everything is. I just met a Silvally-" another legendary creature, now that I think about it... "who told me to come here."

Lee's ears flicked in the direction of the voice, and he looked down at the horned hound. He could vaguely read some discomfort from the canine, and had to try is damndest to not poke at it more. Such a waste of potential negativity. Oh well.

"A Silvally?" he hummed. "And you say you've just arrived? Well, greetings, first and foremost. I am Lee. I and a few others are--" Currently stuck here until further notice,"--new arrivals here as well. Other than the Cafe and a store, I don't know where many things are."

"That being said, I know of a Combusken that should be able to help," Lee nodded. "Where he is, however... I've no idea."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"That being said, I know of a Combusken that should be able to help," Lee nodded. "Where he is, however... I've no idea."

"Thank you. My name is Dusk, by the way." Dusk sat down. "I'll keep an eye out for that Combusken, but I suppose until he shows up, I don't really have much to do." He thought for a moment. "How long have you been here? I take it that it's longer than I have? And, if you don't mind, I'm interested-where did you come from before you got here?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"We've only been here since morning, it hasn't even been a full day yet," Lee nodded. He did take a bit more time to think over that other question. He didn't exactly feel the need to explain his world to Dusk, or keep talking at all, but leaving a conversation in the middle of it would be rude. He growled to himself, cursing his promise to be nice.

"My world is one similar to this, yet vastly different," he went on, humming. "The only humans there are humans-turned-pokemon, and the average 'mon is far stronger than any of those you'd find here. There's also a lot more technology in my world than here, surprisingly."

"What of you and your world?"

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"Well, I came from a town called Treasure Town in a place called the Grass Continent" said Dusk. "I'm not sure exactly how I could estimate my world's technology level without anything to compare it to-" He broke off and his eyes widened. "Wait, did you say humans?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Yes," Lee nodded. "Humans turned Pokemon come for whatever fucking reason, overpopulate my world, and are a complete and total nuisance. Even with us, the ones dropped in this world mostly against our will, I'd say about... half of us are human. And two are half human."

He sighed and shook his head, rubbing the side of his head. "It's like a fucking human bargain sale went on just to have all but a few piss me off... I'd even bet you were human since, more likely than not, any 'mon I run into is human..."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Dusk shook his head. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm just a normal Houndoom. So... some of these Pokemon are actually humans?" I wonder if... "That's... that's incredible!" So caught up in his amazement, he barely even noticed the relatively obvious irritation from the Lycanroc. "I... well, I knew they existed but I never expected I'd actually get an opportunity to meet one..."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"You being a normal Pokemon is vastly more relieving than you'd think," Lee said, growing just a tad bit more irritated at Dusk's excitement. For fucks sake, he couldn't meet someone with less energy?

"I feel the need to warn you, the humans that came with me are more... dysfunctional and emotional than whatever tales you might have heard. They're all so rich with sadness and despair..." he smiled blissfully, chuckling to himself before shaking his head and clearing his throat. "What I mean to say is... do not have your hopes up, if you are hoping to meet a heroic figure."

Luxray1000

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
"A heroic figure?" Dusk was puzzled. "I don't know about that... I've never heard anything about humans being heroes. It's just that, well, they're supposed to be mythical. Meeting one would be like... meeting a Mew or something." Which I've just done he reminded himself.

Then he thought for a moment and paused. "Wait. I'm sorry, maybe I was jumping to conclusions. It's not like that in your world?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee laughed, wiping a tear from his eye. "If humans were a myth then I live in a land of make believe! The team I've been forced into is led by a human, his best friend is half human, we frequent a city with a higher concentration of humans than anywhere else on our damned planet, and I--" he stopped himself, realizing how heated up he was getting.

"...Apologies. No, humans are not mythical in my world. I could toss a stone and kill off a group of them accidentally," Lee said, clearing his throat. "And I also apologize for jumping to conclusions. It's just that most other Pokemon I meet from other worlds, they're either human, a Lucario, or idolize humans for the heroic tales behind them. Luckily, that doesn't include you."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen had quietly snuck away once the topic of humans had come up. He headed towards the cafe.

Top Bottom