• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Lance clenched his fist, hoping Kora was okay. He didn't want to say anything, thinking it would just be a bother. His ears drooped and he whined a bit.

It seemed Kora would accept that answer, easing up slightly and chuckling.

He went back to Kora's side, clearing his throat. "Y-Yeah, we're just... uh, what's the word Brian uses...? Vibing! We're... vibing."

"You're being weird," Meggie snickered and resumed her walking... or floating, following the Combusken.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Good day t'ya, Lee. Gotta say, I didn't expect t'be so lucky as t'fuckin' see ya again. Let alone so soon! Pull yer shit together and shake my paw, goddamnit."

The smile on Lee's face grew a tad more. It had indeed been a while since he felt... nice, again. "Right, I just... wasn't expecting to see you so seen either." He took Jesse's paw in his own and firmly shook it. "I believe we won't be seeing a repeat of that other mess of a 'vacation' here, fortunately. It is a shame that I have Kora with me. Of all the Pokemon I would have wanted you to meet... he was at the very bottom of that list."

Kora, not caring for whatever Lee was doing, put an arm around Lance's shoulder and grinned brightly. "Hell yeah, I'd vibe with y'all! God knows Lee and I need a break. And from the looks of it, he already has a friend too!"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Still clinging to Jesse's fur, Mew blew a raspberry at Lee. The grump was ruining their ship already.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Odette looked over Lillie. The presence of a more familiar looking Pokemon somehow...grounded her a little more in this dreamscape. Although, hearing her speak of Manaphy, and swapping bodies kind of threw her for a loop.

She placed her hands on her widened hips and patted them. She decided it would probably be in her best interest to play along here, until she woke up. "I wouldn't mind a swap. I could do without wide hips for once in my life," she said. "And at least I know how Mimikyu work..." she added under her breath.
Lillie grimaced beneath the hat. She didn't like that answer. She didn't say anything, though. Talking would only make things worse. Why did the others here seem to be trying to convince her being a Mimikyu was so... fine.

Maybe the were right. Maybe she was being unreasonable. She was probably just hungry for attention...

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Kora, not caring for whatever Lee was doing, put an arm around Lance's shoulder and grinned brightly. "Hell yeah, I'd vibe with y'all! God knows Lee and I need a break. And from the looks of it, he already has a friend too!"

Lance's body stiffened. "A-Ah! Yeah, yeah! I could relax! Things have been a bit hectic back home! Hahaha!"

He wrapped his arm around Kora's shoulder, trembling with embarassment as he did so. Still, it was... nice.

Meggie just snickered, watching the Lucario blush without him noticing.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee gave Mew a sideways glare. There were some choice words he had in mind, some that probably shouldn't be said with this audience, but a look from Kora and a faint dark glow convinced him otherwise. "And hello to you too, Mew," Lee said, crossing his arms. "Enjoy your time however you think is worthwhile, since I'm in such a good mood."

Kora snickered at Lance's shenanigans, holding the Lucario a bit closer to pull a greater reaction from him. "I wish I coulda brought more friends along, but I'm more than fine with you and everyone else here. Even Ayueg seems pretty cool!" His ear flicked, and his head turned to Lillie. He pouted, then said, "I dunno if it'll be any help, uh... if you need anything, it's pretty likely I can help," he said to her.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
Kora snickered at Lance's shenanigans, holding the Lucario a bit closer to pull a greater reaction from him.

"W-Well, I'm happy to see you too... you're a funny mon," Lance screamed inside, but to the others he just pouted. Even with his best efforts, he couldn't hide the wagging tail he had.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Ah, it really was good to see Lee again. Who knew how long they'd have each other's company this time, or what nonsense they'd be exposed to? But for the time being at least, he had a friend.

(A friend who was powerfully into him, but that was no bad thing.)

"How about you walk with me, partner? I could use some familiar company in this unfamiliar crowd."

Jesse, used to having a certain corrupted mew around his neck, reached up absentmindedly to pet Mew behind the ears.

"Howdy t'you too. You a talker, or are we gonna be playin' charades and telepathy to get by?"

Wait, 'ruining their ship', what did that mean?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Lee nodded, glad that his back was away from everyone so they didn't notice his tiny tail wagging. "I could use that as well; the only good bit of familiarity in this place. Well... unless there's a bar."

"W-Well, I'm happy to see you too... you're a funny mon."

"I try, hehe! It's what I do best," Kora snickered, purring happily. It was fun to have fun every once in a while. Or twice in a while. Or several.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Mew?" Wait, was this weird-looking delphox reading their mind? Their mind? With no permission? Well, that wouldn't fly. A scolding bap on the nose, followed by a flash of blue in Mew's eyes. This delphox fellow would soon find whatever connection he'd formed up cut off... like a telephone line going dead. Of course there was still Mew's disapproving look.

"Err, you're not trying to read their mind, are you?" Nero sat by the train door, scratching his cheek bolt. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Last person they caught doing that got conked over the head with an itemizer orb. It took us a month to deappleify them."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I try, hehe! It's what I do best," Kora snickered, purring happily. It was fun to have fun every once in a while. Or twice in a while. Or several.

"...Well, this almost feels like my team, Meg's here, and my brother's a Zoroark," his ears perked up. "W-Well, uh, you're not like him. Still, nice to have you around."

Maybe, just maybe, Lance could allow himself to relax. It had been years since he did so. A faint memory came to mind, but he shrugged it off.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Oh yeah, Brian. Kinda almost let down that you didn't bring him. The only other Zoroarks I know are my mom, a workaholic, and the one Lee showed up with," Kora snickered. "I know everyone says Lucarios are rare, but I've honestly seen less Zoroarks around than them."

"Did you purposefully not say any of their names? Or did you forget?" Lee asked, raising a brow.

Kora chose not to answer.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It depends on the world, actually," Nero said. "Planet I'm from only had a single lucario for a while. And the species had been extinct for the longest time before that."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I only know my dad," Lance frowned. "Uh, I didn't get here by choice. I got transported here. On the bright side, I don't see any Charmeleon or Croconaw here. Which means I don't have to deal with them..."

"What does that even mean?" Meggie scratched her chin.

"Brian and I got sucked into an Ultra Wormhole once. Landed in this... high tech world, and shenanigans happened."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"It depends on the world, actually," Nero said. "Planet I'm from only had a single lucario for a while. And the species had been extinct for the longest time before that."

"I mean, I know it's different in each world. In my own I've only ever met three. Ish. My father, this hero guy in this city I'm living in now, and my partner who's human so like... does he even count?" Kora shrugged. "Almost all the people I've met from other worlds have said Lucarios are rare in their worlds, but, collectively... I think I've met like, ten Lucarios or more of them from things like this! Falling into other worlds. That's at least double the first number!"

"You aren't wrong, but you aren't necessarily correct either," Lee hummed.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
I think I've met like, ten Lucarios or more of them from things like this! Falling into other worlds. That's at least double the first number!"
Lance shrugged. "...Weird. Maybe it just works differently on my world. Then again, I never bothered with things like meeting other Lucario... except my dad."

"You aren't wrong, but you aren't necessarily correct either," Lee hummed.
"Geez, humans are that common? I wish I could remember more of my former life... but oh well." Meggie rolled her eyes, wondering what was so special about her species that made so many of them show up.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I could use that as well; the only good bit of familiarity in this place. Well... unless there's a bar."
Jesse gave Lee a genuine grin and walked beside him, intending to listen to the many surrounding conversations and thoughts while he got his bearings. This process was soon interrupted by–
"Mew?" Wait, was this weird-looking delphox reading their mind? Their mind? With no permission? Well, that wouldn't fly. A scolding bap on the nose, followed by a flash of blue in Mew's eyes. This delphox fellow would soon find whatever connection he'd formed up cut off... like a telephone line going dead. Of course there was still Mew's disapproving look.

"Err, you're not trying to read their mind, are you?" Nero sat by the train door, scratching his cheek bolt. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Last person they caught doing that got conked over the head with an itemizer orb. It took us a month to deappleify them."
Jesse rolled his eyes. "I'm an involuntary telepath. It's yer own fuckin' fault fer not shielding yer surface thoughts around other psychics, same as talkin' loudly around folks y'don't wanna hear ya. Fuck'ssake. Whatever, it's not like I was gonna do a goddamn deep read outta nowhere."

He yawned. "Guess I'm the last one here. Quite the motley fuckin' assembly."

She learned what it was to have her body wrenched from one universe and thrown into another, and with that knowledge, she learned what it meant to wish she'd never been born. Her body tumbled through infinity, dragging her unwilling mind with it, screaming noiselessly all the way. It lasted longer than anything had a right to last, with her desperate to evacuate her guts the whole while, yet frozen without breath or heartbeat until, lifetimes later, she was unceremoniously ejected from nothingness, and entered the material plane once again.

Shadows dissipated around the prone form of a sneasel-morph, a white-furred demihuman figure in a black jacket, crumpled in agony further downhill from the group.

"Aw, fuck," said Dusk, with feeling.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Mew bapped Jesse's snout again. If they had a bar of soap, they'd shove it in the delphox's mouth.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse shooed Mew away with one paw. "Quit fuckin' touchin' me. There's a goddamn person down there in need of help. Get yer priorities straight."

Incredibly, nothing seemed broken.

Dusk groaned as every fucking fibre in her wretched body protested her desperate attempt to push herself up and onto her knees, at a bare fucking minimum. She raised her aching head and just about made out a crowd of unmorphed pokémon approaching.

What the fuck was going on...?

Top Bottom