• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Game Week of the Multiverse: Overlook Hill & Top Plaza

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Are dungeons here good? Is that why you're happy??" She laughed again. "You seem very happy, you Kora pokemon."

Kora shrugged and giggled. "Oh, I have no idea! I'm not from this world, but dungeons in any world has got to be fun to go through! How everything changes when you go through it, all the fights! All the free food!!!" He got even more excited at the thought. "Dungeon, Dungeon, Dungeon, DUNGE--"

"No, it's not a dungeon,"

Kora immediately choked up and froze, it felt like his heart had stopped, and everything went still. The wind rustled his fur as he slowly calmed back down, truly, this was the end of his excitement...

"How disappointing," Lee sighed. "But at least he shut up."

"Overcast Village is no different, and it's always covered in fog. Probably has to do with how a third of the residents are ghost-types."

New life surged through Kora's body as he jumped back to life, having found another thing to get unreasonably excited for. "Ghost types! Ghost types! Ghost types!" His hops got just a bit higher, and more wisps rose off his body.

Lee facepawed, groaning to himself and walking closer to Jesse. It was because Jesse is a fire type, and being warm kept Lee calm. There was no other reason, do not look into it.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Ayueg sighed.

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"There's seven continents. Water, Air, Sand, Grass, Mist, Thunder, and Mystery. Me and Leviene helped map out all of them except the Thunder Continent. Which is where we are now,"

Meggie tilted her head. "Grass... Continent? Huh, that's where I'm from! Or at least, it's another form of calling it..."

"Are dungeons here good? Is that why you're happy??"
The Lucario frowned. "...At least to me, they're dangerous places where wild Pokémon can attack you at any moment, and you might end up... becoming like them."

After that comment, he forced a smile, not wanting to upset anyone there.

New life surged through Kora's body as he jumped back to life, having found another thing to get unreasonably excited for. "Ghost types! Ghost types! Ghost types!"
Lance smiled again and went back to chanting with Kora. At the very least, he could allow himself to be abit happy. Kora was so energetic it was contagious. That's all there was to it.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Kora shrugged and giggled. "Oh, I have no idea! I'm not from this world, but dungeons in any world has got to be fun to go through!
The Lucario frowned. "...At least to me, they're dangerous places where wild Pokémon can attack you at any moment, and you might end up... becoming like them."

Amanda cooed a bit to herself. Kora said one thing, the lucario another. Well, Ayueg from this talking pokemon world said this place wasn't a dungeon, so probably it didn't matter?? Though she didn't want to be in danger, and thoughts and worries began to --

New life surged through Kora's body as he jumped back to life, having found another thing to get unreasonably excited for. "Ghost types! Ghost types! Ghost types!" His hops got just a bit higher, and more wisps rose off his body.

She instantly forgot what she was thinking about when Kora started chanting again. "Uh, ghost-types, ghost-types, ghost-types!!!" She didn't know why he was so excited, but if it made him happy, maybe it would make her happy too. "Ghost-types!! Ghost-types!! Ghost-types!!" Hee, her voice sounded so different now she was a swablu. Blue could sing so good -- could Amanda sing good now too??

"Ghost-types!! Ghost-types!! Ghost-types!!" she called all the more loudly, adding a singsong rhythm.

Morgan had no idea what Amanda was doing; had they somehow missed something? She sang and spun around in the air, not paying Morgan any attention. Morgan braced themself to wince when the shouting began, but Amanda's voice was actually kind of soothing now.

They took a breath, gathered up their courage, and flew forward. Amanda saw them and whirled.

"Ghost-types, Morgan! Ghost-types!!"

Morgan hesitated, then attempted a smile with their unfamiliar mouth. Amanda giggled and spun in the air, resuming her chant.

They didn't speak, but Morgan lingered Amanda. They noticed how she was able to fly so well; she was as good as her pokemon. Morgan wondered if they could fly like Nora as well...

They impulsively flapped their wings. They shot into the air. They spun as they descended, and a less ambiguous smile formed shyly on their face.

That was... kind of cool.

They paused, glanced toward Amanda, and followed her with their spinning flourishes.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Spirit's tails were wagging. "Why are we so excited about ghost types?"

"I really like ghosts! They can fly, they can go through stuff, plenty o' 'em are strong as heck, and they're so much fun too! I don't get to meet too many in my world, but so far they're the only type of Pokemon that hasn't had it out for me!" Kora giggled. "I even have a Mimikyu friend in another world, who's actually as shy as the one we got with us. Speaking of..."

He snapped his claws, and a thick, dark aura seeped from his body. It trailed over the ground like a shadow, stopping under Lillie. Wisps of darkness rose from it as it bubbled and popped, and suddenly, another Kora appeared from beneath her, basically wearing Lillie like a hat.

"Now thine can see-eth things, correct? I remembereth thine having-eth an issue with thine sight, seeing how thine art at such-eth a low-eth level. Eth," the fake Kora said, fixing up his mane a bit and smirking fabulously. "How convenient-eth that thine hat matches-eth with mine-eth complexion."

"Don't mind him, he's an idiot," Kora snickered, going back to his chanting. "Ghost types! Ghost types!"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"There's seven continents. Water, Air, Sand, Grass, Mist, Thunder, and Mystery. Me and Leviene helped map out all of them except the Thunder Continent. Which is where we are now," Ayueg continued his explanation,
"Oh my god I ended up in a world that parallels mine," Nero said. Well, it had to happen sooner or later. "I can probably recite this world's history."

Mew snickered.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I really like ghosts! They can fly, they can go through stuff, plenty o' 'em are strong as heck, and they're so much fun too! I don't get to meet too many in my world, but so far they're the only type of Pokemon that hasn't had it out for me!"
Meggie grinned. "Thanks for the compliment, Kora! I almost died to evolve, but... hehe! Thanks!"

"Ghost types! Ghost types!"
"G-Ghost types!" Lance said, gulping. At least Kora was having fun... he blushed a bit more, and continued to chant.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
He snapped his claws, and a thick, dark aura seeped from his body. It trailed over the ground like a shadow, stopping under Lillie. Wisps of darkness rose from it as it bubbled and popped, and suddenly, another Kora appeared from beneath her, basically wearing Lillie like a hat.
Lillie screamed. When she screamed, she felt Morgan crash into her from behind. She tried to cling to the head she was standing on, but she slipped forward... right over the eyes.

Kora's duplicate didn't have time to react, and went up on smoke.

With nothing to stand on, Lillie and her hat fell. She landed on the ground, the hat fluttering down beside her.

She froze. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to cry. Had she just killed someone?

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Morgon followed Amanda, whirling in the air. They closed their eyes, their eyes not being much use now anyway. Instead, they focused on the picture given to them through their echolocation, the wind currents ruffling their new fur. For a moment, everything, even Amanda's singing, seemed to fade, and it was just Morgan soaring through the air.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

A shrill shriek, a lance into Morgan's ears. A spine of something cold plunged through them. Their breath caught and their eyes flew open, though of course that didn't help much. For some reason they pinpointed to the source of the shriek, swerving.

Right into a soft object which tumbled to the ground.

Amanda gasped. She turned just in time to see Morgan falling.

"Oh no, wait!!" she called and dove toward them.

Morgan's wings flapped wildly but not enough to get purchase. They landed right in front of the hat they had knocked over...

Morgan hit the ground. Echolotive clicks churned instinctively from their mouth as they raised their head. The clicks returned to their ears and gave them a mental picture of what they saw through their blurry vision.

Their heart jolted, then stopped.

Morgan rose, then slumped. "Oh no!!" Were they hurt? Amanda's feet hit the ground, her vision darted frantically from Morgan's limp form to the fallen ha --

Amanda's eyes caught. She stiffened. Oh, she thought but didn't say out loud, because her body abruptly seized. Her breath halted completely. Her vision turned to black as she fell to the ground, kind of knowing but not accepting what was happening to her.

Oh. Oh no.

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"What-eth be-eth thine complications miss--" Kora2 felt the impact that nudge Lillie off his head, and then...

"OH-ETH DEAREST SWEET-ETH LORD OF MERCY-ETH AND PAIN, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN-ETH MINE INNOCENT SOUL?!" it cried out, then poofed out of existence underwhelmingly.

Kora winced and looked back. "Aw man, what the hell ha--" he saw what had done his copy in. The eldritch horror. The thing of his nightmares. The bane of the living. "L-Lance... don't, l-look..." he muttered, coughing up a black fluid and dark wisps. His eyes went dead white and he fell to the ground with a solid thud, knocking out more of that fluid from him.

What had just happened hardly phased Lee, but he still took action. For the only person nearby him. He turned his back to the momentarily exposed Lillie and stood between her and Jesse. "I should have expected something of this caliber to occur with Kora around," he muttered looking somewhat down to Jesse, then blinked. "I hadn't realized how adorably small you are before..." he said, instantly shutting his maw and clearing his throat. "I meant compact, forget you heard the rest."

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"L-Lance... don't, l-look..." he muttered, coughing up a black fluid and dark wisps. His eyes went dead white and he fell to the ground with a solid thud, knocking out more of that fluid from him.
"W-Wha... Kora!" Lance cried out, getting on his knees and shaking Kora to try and wake him up. His heart raced, almost like it would explode with so much anxiety. At that moment, Lance couldn't even hear anything anymore, focused only on trying to get his friend safe.

"...Please! Be okay!" he whined, ears drooping. He tried to sense Kora's aura, but to no avail. He couldn't do it, there was nothing. Lance stumbled back, tears forming on his face.

"N-No..." Lance opened his bag and began to fumble around, trying to find a seed, anything that could help Kora. Once again, he didn't find any useful items, and his entire fur stood on end.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"What the actual fuck?" Nero just stared at all of the nonsense incredulously. Horror stories or not... this wasn't how mimikyu worked. Not from what he remembered, anyway.

Mew poked their head up and raised a tiny hand. A pink glow projected out. An attempt to restrain the mimikyu with ESP. Nero sensed it and his own body turned pink to add to it. The pour soul would find themselves completely unable to move or lash out.

"Someone get a blanket for her or something, please."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Hearing a scream, Ayueg looked behind him to see the Zoroark WEARING THE MIMIKYU.

WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!

He barely had time to react, though, as the Swoobat at knocked into the Mimikyu.

Oh no.

He didn't waste any time in looking away and shutting his eyes. He felt around for the hat, and upon feeling it, immediately grabbed it and put it on where the Mimikyu landed.

Good, now he was safe to assess the damage.

He opened his eyes.

Oh no.

He immediately dug into his bag, and took out every reviver seed he had. He then ran around the group, shoving the sprouts of the seeds into any fallen bodies and moving their mouths so as to make them consume the sprouts. Every time a body consumed a sprout, a golden beam of light would shine upon them, and life would surge within their body once more, bringing them back to life.

By the time a minute had passed since the Mimikyu fell, Ayueg had revived everyone in the group.

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Before Ayueg got to work on Kora, Lee looked to Kora's body and waved his paw to him, his body flashing a black aura for a brief moment. Kora's body, in turn, took a faint black glow. With Lillie taken care of, Lee exhaled and rolled his shoulders. "And that takes care of that."

Kora's body shook faintly. As Ayueg put the reviver in his maw, there was a brief silence, then the seed came right back up, now entirely black and unusable. There was another moment or two of silence, then Kora coughed and jolted.

"N-No..." Lance opened his bag and began to fumble around, trying to find a seed, anything that could help Kora. Once again, he didn't find any useful items, and his entire fur stood on end.

"Why are... you crying?" Kora asked Lance as the glow started to fade away. He shook his head, suddenly jumping back to his feet and stretching. "What--" Kora cleared his throat. "What happened to the others, are they..." he looked around, seeing everyone else very much alive. He let out a very relieved sigh, holding his chest. "Oh thank god, everyone's ok..."

A fair bit of guilt rose in his chest, so he walked over to Lillie and crouched down to her. He poked the bubble around her with a claw, sending dark cracks into it to break it, if not severely weaken it. "I'm... sorry," Kora said, looking away. "And to everyone else. I'm sorry..."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I hadn't realized how adorably small you are before..."
"Yeah, well, I reckon bein' cute has more t'do with personality than height, darlin'."

That ought to buy him a second of Lee being too flustered to respond.

Everything just kept getting weirder for Jesse. Now folks were getting knocked out from the critter under the hat? He was fast developing a migraine, and he still felt like shit from tumbling out of the sky, so he stayed quiet. It wasn't so bad just walking beside Lee and not fussing over the situation, despite the itch to take charge and solve the goddamn problem.

Ugh, he felt terrible. And from the way of her, so did the sorry-looking sneasel hybrid.

"Howdy. Name's Jesse. You feelin' staggered, Ma'am?"

She fell in step and clapped him suddenly on the shoulder. "Feel like shit. No 'ma'am'. It's Dusk."

"Dusk, then. Well met."

"Hmph."

Dusk rubbed her temple. Yeah, neither of them were coping terribly well with smashing into the ground from an indeterminate height.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"And to everyone else. I'm sorry..."

Lance wiped the tears off his face. "Y-You idiot... I was worried about you..."

The Lucario made a notion to hug Kora, but stopped, looking down. That wasn't... the time for it.

He rubbed his arm, whining like a sad puppy. "Don't... do this again, please. I-I... I thought I lost you."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Yeah, well, I reckon bein' cute has more t'do with personality than height, darlin'."

Lee, as expected, turned a brighter red and seemingly forgot how to word.

He rubbed his arm, whining like a sad puppy. "Don't... do this again, please. I-I... I thought I lost you."

Kora winced, shutting his eyes. "...Sorry, Lance." He quietly fell to the back of the group, keeping his eyes shut.

Navar

Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"...Sorry, Lance."
"I..."

Lance closed his eyes and went straight to Kora, hugging him tight. He tried to hold the tears in, but they were streaming non-stop. He was using all his strength on the hug, not wanting to let go.

Top Bottom