• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Village ~ Parfait Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I, uh--" Owen paused, trying to think of the various excuses that he could pull together. There were a lot of options, all of them subpar, but he only had a second or two before Ben would become more suspicious. In the end, he had to cover for it, make certain that Miracle Owen's cover wouldn't be blown in the process.

But he was so startled and out of sorts from Aria's gambit that he could only come up with one excuse.

"I ate him."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"N-not what I thought of," Owen said quickly, "it's what happened." He had to dig in, had to cover, couldn't change the story now. "He... turned me into an apple with some magic he stole from a Psychic in town... because we had a rivalry. So then my ghost possessed him and I ate his soul. Uh. When the magic wears off and my body goes back to normal he'll wake up." Owen was stone-faced.

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Owen was dealing blow after blow to himself, and Aria wasn't sure how much longer she could take it without begging him to stop.

"What do you mean? His story makes complete sense, right?" she said in the most insincere tone of voice imaginable.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Of-of course it does! Turning people into apples is a pastime where I'm from!" Owen added with insurmountable confidence. "...And... it'll all go back to normal later, anyway."

Wishkeeper, back me up here, do something spooky.

You're on your own.

"So you better not slight me, or I'll... turn you into a banana instead!" He pointed at Ben. "And you'll... be a dumbbell!" He pointed at Aria. "How about that? Spending a whole day rolling around town while people try to lift you like it's a challenge!"

Months of reputation is down the drain. Consider yourself lucky nobody else is around.

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
"Ah yes, my mistake, it was so funny I forgot to laugh," Ben rolled his eyes at the lucario then turned back to 'Owen.' "Look man, the tentacles were weird, and the tree thing less weird but it's still bizarre. I don't care what you turn into next but leave me out of it."

Then he paused. "Dumbells aren't even edible! The banana thing I could buy, but the dumbell? I could believe it if you were Pop, not some kind of Owen. Are you even Owen? Do I call you Newo?"

Something small died inside him the second the name left his mouth.

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Chuckling, Aria bopped Ben on the forehead. "Fine, fine, I'll try to salvage your opinion of me. From what I can tell, our Owen and Team Spectrum's Owen switched bodies somehow — maybe Diyem, maybe Manaphy, not important. I think they were trying to prank us."

With a smirk, she crossed her arms. "Guessing he didn't warn you about what to expect."

Magyk

Mommy's Little Helper
Pronouns
they/them, she/her
Finally, things were starting to make sense again! As much as it could, anyways.

His snout scrunched up and he huffed after receiving Aria's bop. Despite being thoroughly unamused, he supposed he could see the humour in it all. "What's even the point?" Ben asked. "You're both Owen...why not swap with a different species?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom