• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
R14 - A Doggone Spectrum (Pre-Boss)
  • Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
    Pronouns
    he/him
    Partners
    1. silvally-dragon
    2. necrozma-ultra
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. dreepy
    6. mewtwo-ambyssin
    It had been quite a while since Team Spectrum had assembled in Destiny Tower as a unit. It might have been an understandable change had it come from one of the authority figures. But it hadn't. It was Bahamut who sent the telepathic request. Though it was phrased more like an order.

The main hall's pristine floor and walls seemed a bit less vibrant than the team's previous visits to the location. Whether that was a side effect of Arceus hiding away or Bahamut being front and center to dampen the room's color with his dull, gray glow would be left to Team Spectrum's members to decide. Bahamut had requested Zacian and Zamazenta be warped in and twisted himself around to hide them while his team members slowly filed in. He hadn't exactly rehearsed any official explanation. The only thing he told himself was not to mention the fact that he believed the team had too many talkative and irresponsible types to safely disclose Zacian and Zamazenta's existence to anyone. He'd just need an alternate explanation.

Bahamut didn't bother to do a headcount. When he was reasonably certain Team Spectrum was present, he uncoiled himself to reveal Sword and Shield's new forms. "This is Zacian." He pointed to the sword-wielding dog. "And her partner, Zamazenta." Bahamut moved his tail right. "Or, as you might have known them previously, Sword and Shield.

"While you lot were off partying it up in Maple's Voidlands, Owen, Nate, and I located a weakened Eternatus bound inside the tree." Bahamut had to resist the urge to cringe at his word choice, but there was no taking it back now. "I did a mind dive on her and discovered the parasite-corrupted Mewtwo had bound her using hexes far stronger than the one we found in Owen." He nodded respectfully toward the charizard. "She told me there was nothing we could do to save her at that given moment. Instead, she gave me the aural templates to make two pokémon with the innate ability to fight against Eterna energy."

Bahamut shifted right. "Eternatus wanted these two to be created because she knew she would lose control of herself. With their help, we should be able to cut a path through the storm directly to her, rather than getting bogged down by phantoms and corruption like in the Worldcore and Tree of Life."

He sighed, eyes turning blue. "I'm sure most, if not all of you are frustrated I did not disclose this earlier. It's likely bitter for several of you coming off the heels of all the secrets surrounding Soda and his merry band of clones." He cast a quick glance at Dave. "I had my reasons. Certain untrustworthy individuals can still look through our badge conversations... and, to be honest, neither Arceus nor I were entirely sure we'd be able to create Zacian and Zamazenta here successfully. Using Sword and Shield's souls as bases allowed for some corner-cutting. But even then, I didn't want anyone knowing until I could successfully train them to sense and respond to Eterna energy."

Bahamut shrank down a bit. "I know that I do not usually speak up regarding strategies. However, Diyem and I have both have a connection with Eternatus. Similarly, Owen might have a connection by virtue of the parasite that was in his mind." He tilted his head and scratched his chin with an upper wing. "I was thinking that, together, the three of us might be able to figure out the fastest route to the eye of the storm. And Zacian and Zamazenta can ward off the Eterna energy."

He flicked a lower wing at the group. "Okay. Now you can make with the questions."

R15 ~ The Fight for Cibus
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The moon was almost fully restored. Everyone was antsy, because they knew what that meant. Time was short. They weren't sure if the research and planning would finish first, or if Soda would. Thankfully, however, Pop seemed to be on top of things... and soon, he sent a message for everyone to gather at Destiny Tower.

But as it turned out, there were significantly more people than expected gathered around there. Bean, Balm, Cepa, Cresselia, and even Giovanni had turned up early; Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem were all present as well, along with the Creation Trio. Diyem stood by Maple; behind them, Eien and Joule greeted the incoming Team Spectrum.

"Then, this is it?" Owen asked, all supplied up. "How are we getting to the moon?"

"We found a way to swiftly warp you there," Joule said. "Eien and I can combine our powers to get you almost directly to the surface. Pop can also surround you in divine light so you can properly survive in space for a time, for those who need it. To conserve energy, some of you will not get such protections." He nodded at Bahamut.

"While this is happening," Pop said, "I am going to be making a speech to... rally the world for what's to come. The moon is already starting to shift toward Cibus; we are running out of time. We aren't done planning yet, but we must make our move now with what we can do."

"Moving toward us?" Owen asked, glancing at the sky.

Indeed, it was getting a little bigger... And Owen remembered reading about the tides rising higher than normal, too.

R17 ~ A Moment For Hope
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    It was, perhaps, the largest crowd to have ever gathered in front of Destiny Tower.

Heroes of old and new stood together, amounting to what seemed like almost a hundred strong. Team Spectrum, their Void Eternas, the Miracle Matters, the Legends, the Guild, and the Omen Heroes had all gathered up. With security measures in place, Giovanni had even been brought out under supervision of the two S'mores. A few teleportation circles were in the back to bring several people to their proper continents when the briefing was over. They really had gathered absolutely everyone... But despite the likelihood of a great cacophony of murmurs, it was completely silent.

Standing opposite to them were their leadership--Pop in the middle, Diyem to his right, and Maple to his left, both of them in their suppressed forms.

"In one week, everything will be prepared," Pop stated. "Thank you, everyone, for gathering today so I can brief you all on what is to come. First, the Miracle Matters will be here for advice, but their strength is rapidly fading, as predicted. They will not be able to enter the fray with you. However..." Pop looked them all over, nodding. "I have been able to perfect some of my power for this. When you enter the Null Realm to combat the Eternal Blacklight, I will be able to power you from afar to withstand its reality... and send a few others to go in with you. I have determined that the most efficient number I can send, along with Diyem and his team, is four additional fighters."

His face became grave. "This will be a great risk to anyone who goes. But I know that withholding this information is not an option. Those who wish to join the fight directly, approach or be approached by Team Spectrum while they strategize who is best to bring. This is a Null Realm; your powers within the domain of Cibus will not be the same as within the Blacklight's domain. Some of you may become stronger. Others, weaker. In the end, the resonance you share with one another will be your true strength."

"Mhm, and what about the rest of us?" Miracle Diyem asked.

"The Miracle Matters, as well as those who do not enter the Null Realm, are going to remain on Cibus for a different plan that I am still working through. If there is a need--should Team Spectrum fail--we will need to be prepared with contingencies." He shook his head. "I have full confidence in your abilities. But as Cibus' creator and guardian, it is my duty to prepare even for the unlikely."

"Do we know anything about the enemy?" Spectrum Owen asked.

"We do." And as Pop spoke, a projection appeared in front of him. It looked like some kind of fuzzy snapshot with a few diagrams and annotations listed onto it. "I peeked into this realm, still in its infancy, and found its core. I know, now, where to send you, but not what to expect. The distortions are great. There is a central core protected by a powerful barrier; I suspect that this barrier is tied to five orbiting stars around it. Each one seems to be based on one of the five powers, and is gathering energy and dispersing it from around the Null Realm. Destroy the stars, and the barrier should become vulnerable. Afterward... I do not know what rests inside."

"I have a good idea what," Diyem growled, thinking back to what had emerged and escaped on the moon.

"If you have any questions for me," Pop said, "about what I know, or the preparation leading to it, then now is the time to ask. I will be very busy in the coming week."

R17 ~ FINAL BOSS WALKUP ~ The Portal Opens
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    The skies were perfectly clear. Destiny Tower was fully repaired. The great lord of all Cibus stood in front of it with his head held high. On his back, his son of the same soul, destined one day to ascend the throne when he was ready, but that would be many, many generations in the future, if that. Whole civilizations may rise and fall before Pop retires into his son's spirit to become whole again.

But none of that would happen if the Blacklight was not defeated.

Team Spectrum, led by Diyem, gathered in front of him.

The Heroes of Light, led by Maple, too, were gathered.

The Representatives of Creation, too, led by Pop himself, stood in a semicircle around the field.

All of the preparations. All of the plans. Every careful detail would finally come into place. The training, the pain, and all of their hope...

There was nothing more to be said.

"Are we ready?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom