• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hearts like her might struggle with such a proposal," Pop said, "but... perhaps some time to recover would be nice for a few millennia. I wouldn't be against finding a place for her on Cibus... We seem to be accommodating enough. You mentioned before that she had been driven away by terrified natives... but I like to think that those on Cibus are hardier than that. With a good word from me, perhaps we could..."

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Sounds appealing on paper. But wherever she goes, our Dark Matter will follow." Bahamut crossed his wings. "Even if this planet wanted him to hang around, I'm sure he'll whip up every excuse in the book not to."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut sighed. “No, not yet. Discrete means discrete. If someone else on the team learns, Dark Matter can easily find out.”

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Right. Just, uh, let the team know they’re not going to be available for a bit.” Bahamut shrugged. “Just in case the adrenaline junkies try to schedule fights with them.”

He looked around, as if wondering how to exit.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pop looked amused again. "They have a few fights scheduled, but they are all very soon. That will give me time to synthesize their new forms properly. This will work out nicely and nobody will suspect anything."

"They will, but you'll have plausible deniabullity."

"Deniability," Pop said.

"Yeah, that's what I said."

Pop shook his head. "Take care, Bahamut. Thank you. I'm sure, eventually, the team will at least appreciate this... But I do encourage you to find the team trustworthy to inform before long. They must be mentally prepared."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Again, Bahamut frowned. "Even vaguely informing Dark Matter is going against Eternatus' wishes. She did not want anyone to know." He tilted his head up. "Besides, the team trusts Dark Matter more than they trust me. He can pass on what I tell him and they'll probably take it at face value. Otherwise, they'll assume I have some sort of malicious motive."

He sighed. "In any case, there is work to be done. As always." Bahamut's body dimmed. "Let me know when you've made progress."

The necrozma returned to Destiny Village's empty main hall. Empty, just like I am.

His bad jostled against his side. "What? What is it?" he growled.

A goopy tendril produced the poké ball he had gotten. "There is always another avenue, even if it's not readily visible," the shade rasped, stifling a chuckle.

Scowling, Bahamut took the ball and rolled it around on a lower wing. "Fine then. We'll visit the lab."

<><><>​

R14 - Awooing Intensifies

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Given how the last visit went, Bahamut didn't knock this time. He nudged the door open with his tail and went in, again trying to scan the area for any dubious signs.

"It's me, Arceus."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The rituals were quick and routine, and soon Bahamut was standing in that same starry room, only this time he had some company. Shield and Sword were both floating, looking pensive and yet unconscious, in spheres of bright, silver light.

"I've only just begun," Pop said. Cola was nearby, reading, but he made occasional glances their way. "The energy signature you provided made things much easier. This will give them time to practice their forms for a while longer. Right now, I am acclimating their spirits to this form. Even if it's temporary--not a true, full-fledged Ascension--the process is still very similar."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"I see." Bahamut glanced at the duo, then back at Arceus. "How much have they been told about why this is happening?"

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut nodded. "And you understand, once the process is complete, that it is in everyone's best interest for you two to remain here until the time comes to head to the Sea of Wonders?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...They can't respond at the moment," Pop replied. "They're in a deep trance as they learn how to operate in their new bodies. It's quite intensive; they're going through essentially a year's worth of nonstop training in their dreams." He looked at the pair. "They know to stay here for the coming few days, but they will not be able to sustain those forms for too long. It is only a half-Ascension. I think it is a lot like what some of your allies have been doing lately... only instead of corruption being the limiting factor, it is energy."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut frowned. "I see." He crossed his legs and wings. "Then I'll wait until the process is done."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom