• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Also yeah, can agree Equi plays really scum-ish. I noticed their hasty vote for Q, then the unvote, and I feel like I can’t even sus them for that because hasty vote patterns was exactly how they played last game, and they got sussed for it, voted off, and flipped town. Sooooo I’m gonna be a little more careful reading Equi this game lol.]]

I have a readlist coming soon, but my vote for Q was supposed to be a humorous response to their wallpost :')

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[But also like, please remember that teams might be able to have a town and scum on it, from my understanding thus far.

I can loosely trust Equi’s read on Pano being town because they’re apparently buddies and have spoken, and Equi might be the only one here who had adequate time to speak and read Pano because they’ve been absent today. But to immediately throw Steven up as townread because of Equi’s words is I suppose understandable in the moment, but shouldn’t be something we wholly stick to.

Steven could easily be scum with a town Equi! Shit, even vice versa. Likewise, they could both be town, or scum! I don’t even know with Equi rn because like i said, they seem to play kinda sus like all the time.

Basically I’m going in circles and can’t read any of you, kek.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"...There could be more people who can send messages, or people who have received them. But, we don't really know what's going on here. We don't know what purposes the messages are being sent for, or if the people feel okay claiming, or even if they're so important. Like, let's say I do know something. But maybe I wouldn't want to say it yet, because it could be dangerous for me." She shifted in her seat. "Honestly, I kind of feel weird about being asked this directly. I'm not saying you're trying something on purpose, just, um... I guess this is all I'm going to say on the matter for now. And if no one speaks up--well." She fidgeted awkwardly.
“O-oh!” Rui clasped her hands behind her back and bowed apologetically. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I just wondered if you knew something because of how you phrased things. I don’t want to pry! I’m just…trying to put the puzzle together.” She gave Amy a warm smile. “I hope you can forgive me. I’m very new to…all of…whatever this is.”

She straightened up with a sigh and folded her arms thoughtfully. So far, she really wasn’t sure what to think of…well, anything. Or anyone. But going off of some gut feelings:

Mango seemed like a good and helpful teammate. He seemed very proactive in trying to solve problems. A good possum detective! (She quickly had to resist the urge to find a detective outfit to dress him up in.)

DawningWinds…Rui wasn’t sure what to think of her bluntness, but something told her that she was probably on her team. After all, the accusations seemed rather bold for a bad guy, and she seemed like someone who was eager for answers and genuinely searching for them. Yes, Rui had a good feeling about her.

Mademoiselle, despite her brashness, seemed to be telling the truth. Which most likely meant she was innocent.

Salem—gosh, Rui really needed to get to know her more! Everything about her was fascinating. Rui got the impression that Salem was very smart, and would be a valuable teammate. But was she on their team? She couldn’t be sure.

Steven: She hadn’t gotten to know him at all yet. There wasn’t enough for her to know that to think, at least not yet.

Palkia: She didn’t know him well either, but he seemed like…he’d been trying to help, at least a little. Not that that proved his innocence, though…

Gen. Oh, he was so cute, and Rui just wanted to scoop up the poor thing and carry him around everywhere. That said, though, she wasn’t sure what side he was on. Could bad guys send messages, too? It was possible, wasn’t it?

Guzma was intimidating, but…she wanted to believe he was good. So far, though, she hadn’t seen too much to indicate either way.

AZ: He confused her more than anything. She was slightly wary of him, but only a little.

Kora: He seemed like a nice and lively fellow! But he hadn’t been contributing to the discussion much. She wasn’t sure what to think of that.

Amy: She was a sharp one. Rui didn’t blame her for being wary of questions, but she wished she had more information to go off of.

TLDR:
(Very soft) Town:

Mango
Madmoiselle
DW

Null:
Amy
Salem
Steven
Gen
Palkia
Guzma

(Soft) Scum:
AZ
Kora

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I have a readlist coming soon, but my vote for Q was supposed to be a humorous response to their wallpost :')
[[OKAY DEADASS I WASN’T SURE LIKE….I HAD FEELING IT WAS A SHITPOST BUT I WAS LIKE “NAH NO WAY THEY’D CAST AN ACTUAL VOTE AS A SHITPOST.”

Got me. A’ight, you win 😂😂]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[OKAY DEADASS I WASN’T SURE LIKE….I HAD FEELING IT WAS A SHITPOST BUT I WAS LIKE “NAH NO WAY THEY’D CAST AN ACTUAL VOTE AS A SHITPOST.”

Got me. A’ight, you win 😂😂]]

vote: Sind

;)

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
vote: Sind

;)
[[This is because I called Guzma a sissy bitch who wouldn’t wear watches, isn’t it?]]

Guzma tears his paper in half. “Run them hands up right now.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I've spent some time thinking about Q's posts. Normally I'd read the shitposting as scummy, but I thought about what I knew of Q, and her previous gameplay, and her more serious posting later on, and that it was DW specifically she was messing with, and I am now very cautiously reading her as town, with only mild certainty.]]

[[Equi is still something of a mystery to me but he could be town. I don't think that says much about Pano/Steven though.]]

[[Bench/Gen's posts are 100% consistent with his play in Xmas Mafia, in which he eventually flipped town. But I think that's just how Bench writes Gen. I think he'd behave this way if mafia aligned as well.]]

[[I've been too down and tired to roleplay today but I'm hoping to resume catposting soon.]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
*fyi, this readlist is only fully updated up to page 15. But what I've read of other pages doesn't make me have any big changes of mind

I like the thing I did earlier where I divided people into who I would feel comfortable trying to lynch and those I would not. A binary thing is easier for my brain than a spectrum of reads, so here you go:

Let's not lynch today:

Pano/Steven--again, in my buddy chat she seems helpful and forthcoming; nothing is pinging me. I'm not saying she's 100% Town yet, but I feel comfortable vouching for her for you all.

Bench/Gen--Bench has basically only been RPing, but his claim about messages still inclines me to trust him. If he's telling the truth, I feel like it would be an odd ability for scum. Just, I'd ideally like him to contribute more, but his difficulty making posts about the game is in-character and his message thing is a wierd claim for scum

Sinderella/Guzma--I'm getting a vibe like she's earnestly trying to sort things out. Also, there's this small thing I noticed. Not sure I want to point it out publicly yet, but it makes me trust her.

uA/Salem--I've spoken about them already, about how their current focus on possible scumteams rubbed me the wrong way. Still, even after all of that I'm inclined to let them go for today. Tomorrow, I'd like to see what they do.

Flyg0n/Possum--Despite my misgivings on their initial readlist, their possum logic is feeling really good to me right now. I don't agree with everything they're posting, but they're being thorough and thoughtful. One thing I liked in particular is that they seemed to have also noticed that uA had a role, and suggested Healers might want to protect them:

Fry thought it fair to point out to the poor traumatized one called Gen that the best thing he could do was try to help everyone win. After all, if they could figure out who was in the pack of bad guys, they could protect the cool people.

Like perhaps that Cat Being. She might be some strange type of cat but she also seemed very sensible.

If she's scum and uA's not, why would she point that out to the Healers' attention? And if they're both scum, would they feel a bit odd propping each other up so much. (I've noticed that Tetra seems to like uA in general).

However, I do find this a bit odd and would like some explanation about this line:

Fry thinks this is crazy. He wonders if maybe someone was able to switch something during the night and trick someone?

This was said about the two people who killing abilities targeting Inke and Inke's partner. But... how would a swapping ability make things less crazy?

Inkedust/Mademoiselle--Flyg0n was also the one who mentioned that, even if we assume that Inke is telling the truth about their BP claim, there's no reason why that means they couldn't still be anti-town. I didn't think of that at first, but I think it's still good to keep in mind. However, I don't particularly sense anything sus from Inke and she feels interested in sorting things out, so I still lean trust.

Hmm some applied pressure could be good:

Abra/Palkia
--I know I said in quick readlist yesterday that they were contributing to figuring out the game, but upon a reread...ehh not so sure. Their contributions are partially mechanical, which I don't value so highly. I do think they're doing more than usual, but I'd like them to add in more. Also, their frustration feels in character

DawningWinds--I don't actually have much to say about them. uA pointed out that their play is consistent from other games, but I don't really get a feeling one way or the other from this

Fusion/Kora--He has only RPed, so I can't really glean anything from him

Yellow/Rui--I meant what I said when I don't judge Yellow too bad for directly asking me about the "prank call" issue, but her takes feel lukewarm so far. She did say she would want lynch someone tonight, though, and I'm curious to see whom she might be side-eyeing.

kyeugh/Alphabet Soup Guy--My feelings on her haven't changed that much. My gut is just expecting more from her, and is disconcerted that she hasn't delivered. Similar feelings to Yellow, I guess

Of the five people I'd like to pressure, the idea of seeing how DW would respond is especially interesting to me. So, unvote: Sind, vote: DawningWinds.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[This is because I called Guzma a sissy bitch who wouldn’t wear watches, isn’t it?]]

Guzma tears his paper in half. “Run them hands up right now.

Amy blanches. Steps deliberately behind Steven.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
Trembling, Gen hides behind Amy in turn.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
The cafe's door closed again with a small chime, and Steven came walking over to the group, a new cup of coffee in his hand. Unlike his last trip to the store, this time he wore an easy smile as he approached.

"The candy display is quite extensive. I think Gen will be a while longer in there. Don't worry, I paid for everything in advance."

He took a short sip of his coffee before looking for the closest bench to sit down on. "I think I'm ready to talk more seriously about the game, now. Though, I fear I don't have--"

Suddenly, Amy was ducking behind him with a panicked look on her face. "Amy, wh--"

Steven froze. The slipper wearing punk with a serious case of bed head was bearing down on him. Okay, he knew the angry man was suspicious of him, or at least wary enough to voice it aloud, but physical violence seemed a bit much.

"Can we please calm down for a minute?" asked Steven, now beginning to fear for his coffee. "There were some things I've wanted to ask of the group."

It didn't seem like things were calming down, though.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[You know what, Equi's right. Gen's claim seems towny. No idea why scum would make that claim. Gonna townread them. Pretty firmly, tbh.]]

1632953437041.png Salem perked up from her quiet corner where she'd been eating and observing. She wanted to know what Mr Stone had to say. He was a smart human, after all.

[[Sorry for shitty image, picrew is borked]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
  9. zorua
Trembling, Gen peeked out from behind Amy, holding his scalchop in hand, trying his best to appear threatening to maybe deter his new friends from being attacked.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
  5. farfetchd
kyeugh/Alphabet Soup Guy--My feelings on her haven't changed that much. My gut is just expecting more from her, and is disconcerted that she hasn't delivered. Similar feelings to Yellow, I guess
full disclosure, i’m kind of intentionally keeping my distance from this game in the interest of not getting hopelessly sucked into it. trying to just have a good time, and getting too invested will make me have the opposite of that. not that i’m not going to try to play the game, and i have been, but i dunno if comparing my level of investment here to past games is the way.

One thing I liked in particular is that they seemed to have also noticed that uA had a role
isn’t this role madness?

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Mademoiselle didn't answer the skeleton's question, choosing instead to focus on the ongoing conversation. Most of it seemed meaningless, they'd never get to the bottom of anything at this rate. They needed something else, a proper lead. The crying Oshawott's claim of being able to send a message to someone else got her mind turning, leading her to ask, "Has anything else of note happened to anybody in the night? Like, some kind of sign of interaction?"
Still very aware of the tensions running high, Steven hastily said, "For starters, I would like to direct a question to the Mademoiselle. You seem very interested in knowing about the happenings during the night, specifically about communication. When Gen mentioned they could message, you grew interested. They've since admitted they didn't send a message, but you are still inquiring about night messages. Is this because you yourself sent a message last night and want to know if the recipient saw it?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
I'm currently pretty null on everyone with only slight reads (except my buddy, who I have reason to trust), so I won't be posting a list just yet. However, I do want to see more insight from @IFBench @AbraPunk and @Fusion as they've been contributing nothing to the conversation outside of some RP which, while fun, is not doing anything for scumhunting.

[[how incredibly unfortunate that I actually can't contribute anything of value because, besides me already not being good at hunting mafia or being even remotely intelligent in any sense of the word in any situation, I am also going through a week of nothing but inconveniences and will probably not even be around to RP, the reason I joined the game in the first place. Which has honestly gotten me pretty miffed.

And before anyone says "You should have thought of that before joining a time sink like Mafia" what I'm dealin' with now is kinda, you know, not something I could have forseen a month ago when the game was announced.

I already said in discord that I might not be able to play at all for a while, and if I do it's going to be... not a lot, but I felt it was necessary to say it in the thread as well. Have fun y'all, and insert generic content creator outro here.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Amy blanches. Steps deliberately behind Steven.
Trembling, Gen hides behind Amy in turn.
Oh. It was a joke. It seemed like at least that girl with the green hair trusted him...

Woops.

Dammit, he'd promised Plumeria to not pick fights here. This wasn't Alola, and these weren't the same pansies he always seemed to be having turf wars with. Fucking Hau and those bonfire idiots...

He clenched his fists tightly, so much so it seemed the skin over his knuckles was going to tear, then inhaled deeply through his nose. As he exhaled, he un-balled his hands.

"Sorry. Just don't wanna be the guy voted out day one. 'Specially 'cuz I'm not bad. Just tryna wrap my dumbass head 'round all..." he gestured wildly around him. "This."

He sniffled. "I also might be a tad unhinged because my Possum doesn't trust me. But it's okay," he insisted, holding his hands up. It was a lie, but he'd roll with it best he could. Even though he felt dead inside. "I'm good. All's coolio."

Steven froze. The slipper wearing punk with a serious case of bed head was bearing down on him. Okay, he knew the angry man was suspicious of him, or at least wary enough to voice it aloud, but physical violence seemed a bit much.

"Can we please calm down for a minute?" asked Steven, now beginning to fear for his coffee. "There were some things I've wanted to ask of the group."
He eyed the dude who everyone took cover behind, and he had to wonder why the hell everyone thought this skinny white-head would protect them. Guzma had a little bit of height, and a solid amount of muscle over him. If he wanted to, he'd snap this guy in half, easy. Or they could just battle it out. He had Golisopod on him...well, at least in his room back at the inn...

He stared down at his Skitty slippers. Fuck, he needed to go change.

Nonetheless, the guy started talking, and he frowned. "I just said I'm calm," he said. It was there, that it dawned on him that this homie looked...familiar. Which was weird. He didn't know any skinny white-heads personally.

He guessed he wouldn't bother with it for now. Could be another mirage. Like that shrieking Yveltal, or that Sinnoh legend screaming into the void. He really just wasn't sure at this point.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
  5. zoroark

Mademoiselle tilted her head, interested in what the smartly dressed man, Steven, had to say before noticing that the unintelligent man was beginning to incite a brawl. She felt like a mother trying to wrangle a bunch of children. She hated that. She grabbed onto the back of the unkempt man's shirt, yanking him away before any blows could be landed. "Will you be quiet?" she hissed. "Adults are talking."

She turned her attention towards Steven, her voice suddenly polite. "Please, ask your questions. I've been wanting to hear from you since the day began."

Still very aware of the tensions running high, Steven hastily said, "For starters, I would like to direct a question to the Mademoiselle. You seem very interested in knowing about the happenings during the night, specifically about communication. When Gen mentioned they could message, you grew interested. They've since admitted they didn't send a message, but you are still inquiring about night messages. Is this because you yourself sent a message last night and want to know if the recipient saw it?"

Mademoiselle shook her head. "I do not have that ability, I only wished to get a more complete image over what happened overnight to give us a better idea of what is going on. The night messaging was the first thing to come to mind, especially after the girl behind you insinuated that she'd received a message, though I admit I must've misinterpreted her words."

Top Bottom