• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui’s heart was pounding. She brushed her hair out of her face with trembling fingers and willed her voice to remain steady. “I said before that my role was to send random messages to any third party member. And that is true…but it wasn’t the whole truth.

You see, I am limited on what messages I can send. I can only send three phrases: “Hello?” “Are you there?” And the last one…”bzzzt.”

The first two can only be received by town-friendly aliens. But the third one…can be received by a hostile one. And yesterday, Gen replied to my “bzzzt” message.

As Gen hugged the possum, he thought about home. The crackling of the stove flames when he cooked. The bzzt of the television when he was watching something with his family. The warm comfort of his bed when he was tired. The embrace of his parents whenever he needed comfort.

I didn’t notice at first, because a lot was going on at the end of the day yesterday. In fact, I didn’t notice until after the day was over and I mulling it all over last night…”

[[AKA, I missed that particular post because it just seemed like an RP post so I didn’t read it very thoroughly as my brain was focused on the whole Q/Abra deal. Also, Gen was not on my sus list at all yesterday so I admittedly wasn’t scanning his posts too closely. It wasn’t until after the day had ended and I read over the posts again to make sense of what had happened that I saw it.

I planned to speak up sooner, but I wanted to see what Palkia’s defense would be, first, because I was 99% sure THEY were scum as well, and I thought it might be safer to hold my info until we could lynch Gen without mass confusion, especially since, due to the wording in my PM, that alone wasn’t enough to prove he was anti-town.

This is why I’ve been trying to assert that there is an aggressive TP without being too sure/assertive—if I was too sure, they would probably not reveal themselves or answer my letters. But I also wanted that thought to be at the forefront of everyone’s minds.]]

“L-long story short…Gen is not town! He isn’t just pretending to be a traitor…he is a traitor! Or—well, something like that. I suspect he threw Palkia under the bus to look more innocent and last longer. I…I really didn’t want to believe he was guilty, but when he revealed what his messages can do…I’m really certain now.”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[You're lying and I have proof]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Helloyellow is the final mafia/SK/whatever]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[

Thousand Roads Forums

IFBench

HUMBLE VALE MAFIA ROLE SHEET (IFBENCH)​

1 of 3Next Last
StarMark unreadLeave
[IMG alt="Bluwiikoon"]https://forums.thousandroads.net/data/avatars/m/0/237.jpg?1632594711[/IMG]

Bluwiikoon

what's up everyone?​

LocationEnglandPronounsHe/him
Sep 26, 2021
You are a Troll Alien! Your alignment is Third-party, but you will win if Town wins. Your Buddy, who you may communicate with privately at all times, is Flyg0n.

Your species is quite tenacious, and will only die upon receiving two bullets to vital regions. However, being shot once can have some unfortunate consequences. If you receive the most votes during the day after being shot once, and are about to be executed at the end of the day, a primal instinctive rage will activate within you. The game will end and all players will perish. You will be a lone survivor of your rampage, but at what cost? Is it worth losing your Buddy?

Luckily, if you are shot once in the night and then shot again in another night, you will just die without activating rage mode. You will also die if you are executed at the end of the day without being shot previously. How fortunate!

During night phases, you may send a message to a random Mafia-aligned player. You will not know who received the message, and the recipient will not know who sent the message. But if the recipient shares the message they received in the thread, well… what you do after that, is up to you.

The message you send may only contain the words “lol”, “lmao” and “:)”, in any number and any order. If you perish, you may instead send a creepy ambient BGM of your choice. If you do not have any preferences for creepy ambient BGM, the GM (Bluwiikoon) will be happy to send one on your behalf. To send a message, respond to the GM (Bluwiikoon) with the message you would like to transmit.

You have adopted a very cute and frail earthling, Flyg0n. While you are alive, your Buddy may survive one shot. You will be informed when your one-shot-protection is depleted. However, your one-shot-protection will not activate if your Buddy is a Third-party player.

If you acquire an adoptive third Buddy, your protection may also extend to that player. If either of your Buddys are shot, the one-shot-protection will be fully depleted.

If you perish, your Buddy(s) may no longer survive any shots, even if your one-shot-protection wasn’t used.

Your Buddy will not know your role or alignment unless you choose to tell them. If your Buddy perishes, you may be adopted by another Buddy system. This will be chosen at random.

You may quote your entire role PM at any time. You are also free to edit/tamper with anything you quote from your role PM, or omit vital information.

You may win the game if any (not necessarily all) of the following are achieved during gameplay:
  • All Mafia-aligned players are exterminated, achieving a Village victory.
  • You and your starting Buddy survive until the final day, achieving a Buddy victory.
  • You and any of your adoptive Buddy(s) survive until the final day, achieving a Found Family victory.
  • Your Buddy system wins despite you or other members of the Buddy system perishing, achieving a Bittersweet Ending victory.
  • You are executed after being shot one time, activating your primal instinctive rage mode and killing all other players. This achieves a “Bad Ending” victory.
The following things are entirely optional and probably luck-based, but award bonus points:
  • You identify a Mafia-aligned player in-thread via your randomly-sent message. You receive a "lol lmao" achievement.
  • You receive an anonymous message from another player. You receive a “lol what” achievement.
  • You end up in a solely Third-party Buddy system. You receive an Intergalactic Party Time achievement.
  • You end up in a Buddy system with Mafia-aligned player(s). You receive a “Troll in the Wolf’s Den” achievement.
  • Your one-shot-protection on your Buddy(s) does not get popped for the entire game. You receive a “Repelling bullets with the force of anger alone” achievement.

]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

Thousand Roads Forums

IFBench

HUMBLE VALE MAFIA ROLE SHEET (IFBENCH)​

1 of 3Next Last
StarMark unreadLeave
[IMG alt="Bluwiikoon"]https://forums.thousandroads.net/data/avatars/m/0/237.jpg?1632594711[/IMG]

Bluwiikoon

what's up everyone?​

LocationEnglandPronounsHe/him
Sep 26, 2021
You are a Troll Alien! Your alignment is Third-party, but you will win if Town wins. Your Buddy, who you may communicate with privately at all times, is Flyg0n.

Your species is quite tenacious, and will only die upon receiving two bullets to vital regions. However, being shot once can have some unfortunate consequences. If you receive the most votes during the day after being shot once, and are about to be executed at the end of the day, a primal instinctive rage will activate within you. The game will end and all players will perish. You will be a lone survivor of your rampage, but at what cost? Is it worth losing your Buddy?

Luckily, if you are shot once in the night and then shot again in another night, you will just die without activating rage mode. You will also die if you are executed at the end of the day without being shot previously. How fortunate!

During night phases, you may send a message to a random Mafia-aligned player. You will not know who received the message, and the recipient will not know who sent the message. But if the recipient shares the message they received in the thread, well… what you do after that, is up to you.

The message you send may only contain the words “lol”, “lmao” and “:)”, in any number and any order. If you perish, you may instead send a creepy ambient BGM of your choice. If you do not have any preferences for creepy ambient BGM, the GM (Bluwiikoon) will be happy to send one on your behalf. To send a message, respond to the GM (Bluwiikoon) with the message you would like to transmit.

You have adopted a very cute and frail earthling, Flyg0n. While you are alive, your Buddy may survive one shot. You will be informed when your one-shot-protection is depleted. However, your one-shot-protection will not activate if your Buddy is a Third-party player.

If you acquire an adoptive third Buddy, your protection may also extend to that player. If either of your Buddys are shot, the one-shot-protection will be fully depleted.

If you perish, your Buddy(s) may no longer survive any shots, even if your one-shot-protection wasn’t used.

Your Buddy will not know your role or alignment unless you choose to tell them. If your Buddy perishes, you may be adopted by another Buddy system. This will be chosen at random.

You may quote your entire role PM at any time. You are also free to edit/tamper with anything you quote from your role PM, or omit vital information.

You may win the game if any (not necessarily all) of the following are achieved during gameplay:
  • You and your starting Buddy survive until the final day, achieving a Buddy victory.
  • You and any of your adoptive Buddy(s) survive until the final day, achieving a Found Family victory.
  • Your Buddy system wins despite you or other members of the Buddy system perishing, achieving a Bittersweet Ending victory.
  • You are executed after being shot one time, activating your primal instinctive rage mode and killing all other players. This achieves a “Bad Ending” victory.
The following things are entirely optional and probably luck-based, but award bonus points:
  • You identify a Mafia-aligned player in-thread via your randomly-sent message. You receive a "lol lmao" achievement.
  • You receive an anonymous message from another player. You receive a “lol what” achievement.
  • You end up in a solely Third-party Buddy system. You receive an Intergalactic Party Time achievement.
  • You end up in a Buddy system with Mafia-aligned player(s). You receive a “Troll in the Wolf’s Den” achievement.
  • Your one-shot-protection on your Buddy(s) does not get popped for the entire game. You receive a “Repelling bullets with the force of anger alone” achievement.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Didn't mean to post that twice sorry]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Long story short, Yellow is lying to try to throw me under the bus.]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[I'm a town aligned alien]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Sorry posts are so short and OOC stress level is off the charts and I don't have the energy for anything IC]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle alternated between looking at Rui and the oshawott. Mademoiselle carefully studied the paper the oshawott produced before rounding back on the girl, Rui.

The first two can only be received by town-friendly aliens. But the third one…can be received by a hostile one. And yesterday, Gen replied to my “bzzzt” message.
"How could you be so certain that this was a direct response and not just a coincidence? Why don't you produce your own paper so that we don't see two potentially town-aligned players tear at each other?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[Long story short, Yellow is lying to try to throw me under the bus.]
[[oh, is that so? That’s funny, because here’s my role PM:

You are a UFO Chaser! Your alignment is Town.

Known for your technological prowess, your true passion has always been the unknown. You think there really is something out there, and your life would be truly complete if you could meet a real alien.

You’re hoping your comprehensive alien knowledge may come in handy one day. What you do know is that aliens require two bullets to be fully killed. However, rumours say that if an alien is executed during the daytime after only being shot once… it will end very poorly for everyone involved.

During night phases, you may broadcast a message to a random Third-party player. You will not know who received the message, and the recipient will not know who sent the message.

Your messages may only say one of the following: “Hello?” “Are you there?” and “bzzt”. Neutral Third-party players will receive one of the first two messages. The recipient of the third message may or may not be hostile. If the recipient shares the message they received in the thread, well… what you do after that, is up to you.

If you perish, you may no longer send messages. To send a message, respond to the GM (Bluwiikoon) with the message you would like to broadcast.

• You identify a Third-party player in-thread using the message you transmitted. You receive an “I told you aliens were real!” achievement..
  • You receive an anonymous message from another player. You receive a “wait, what??” achievement.
  • A Third-party player quotes one of your posts at any time during the game, whether you are living or dead. You receive a “Contact Established” achievement.
  • RNG blesses you deeply and assigns you an adoptive Third-party Buddy. You receive a “One of us” achievement.
  • A Third-party player achieves a Third-party victory. You receive an “I accept our alien overlords” achievement.

[
Mademoiselle alternated between looking at Rui and the oshawott. Mademoiselle carefully studied the paper the oshawott produced before rounding back on the girl, Rui.

"How could you be so certain that this was a direct response and not just a coincidence? Why don't you produce your own paper so that we don't see two potentially town-aligned players tear at each other?"
[[lol you posted this right as I was about to post mine. Here you go.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven was standing now, but not shaking any less. His hands were balled into fists at his sides. He'd heard everything, Rui's statement, Gen's counter. Slowly, he spoke.

"I... I have a few things to say, but I'm waiting for one piece of information to be confirmed. Though, since we're all sharing, Mademoiselle, would you care to share your role PM as well? I'd like to confirm if my assessment of you is correct. This is most likely the end-game, after all."

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Okay, so assuming that both of you are being honest about your role PMs, that'd make the only rogue element here Fusion, right?

Also, sure!]]
You are an Alien! Your alignment is Third-party, but you will win if Town wins. Your Buddy, who you may communicate with privately at all times, is unrepentantAuthor.

You have adopted a very cute and frail earthling, unrepentantAuthor. While you are alive, your Buddy may survive one shot. You will be informed when your one-shot-protection is depleted. However, your one-shot-protection will not activate if your Buddy is a Third-party player.

• You end up in a Buddy system with Mafia-aligned player(s). You receive a “Cthulhu in the Wolf’s Den” achievement.
Achievements will be distributed after the game ends, in order to not spoil the identity of players. Please stand by while other role PMs are sent out and Buddy Chats are set up. Have fun!

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[...I think this was a misunderstanding.]
[[…I suppose this is possible. Idk what to think atm. Everything makes a lot of sense if you’re the rogue TP: your hesitancy to elaborate on your role and messages, etc. Why have a role that can only contact mafia? Wouldn’t mafia be prepared for that and just opt to not reveal any letters they get? It doesn’t seem to make a ton of mechanical sense?

Although, you did manage to lure out Abra, I suppose—but it’s possible Abra only revealed the letter because they knew they were too suspicious anyway, and this would be an all-too-easy scapegoat/last ditch effort to get a scum win by providing the rogue TP with some town cover. You’re not off the hook for me at all, but I’ll back down and ponder the alternatives for a moment.

As for Fuze…yeah, I don’t have anything. He’s contributed nothing to the game play and has been almost entirely inactive which makes getting a read impossibly hard (and he’s hard to read even when he is active.) When it comes down to it, it’s either you or Fuse.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[I think it's something like a cop role split into two. The Telemarketer identifies Town, while I identify Mafia.]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Let it be known I am willing to vote either Bench or Fuze. My generous side wants to give Bench the benefit of the doubt, but darn if I’m not side-eying him like crazy. I hesitate to push this further than I already have, though, because I…do tend to jump the gun and make really boldly stupid calls. But—hnnnnng. Any chance we can get Fuse to say something in his defense?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[I think it's something like a cop role split into two. The Telemarketer identifies Town, while I identify Mafia.]
[[Speaking of, did anyone get a message from the Telemarketer last night??]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[My hesitancy to elaborate on my role and messages was to conceal my power from the mafia, because if they knew it existed, it'd be useless for identifying them.]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[I tried my best to avoid my mistake from second anniversary mafia and not reveal too much.]

Top Bottom