• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Weakly, he looked up and towards Palkia, and mustered up the fiercest glare he could at the dragon of space.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Wh-why didn't you save him?!" he screamed, before collapsing again, the tears flowing even more.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
I VOTE PALKIA,” he said. “You and that wack King immediately swapped votes to break the tie as soon as we Towns discussed having extra time to think things over. You probably didn’t want us to think over because you’re fucking guilty.”
Someone was shouting. Rui raised her head and saw Guzma snarling at Palkia, tears shining in his eyes.

She’d done a good job of holding it together, but for some reason, seeing this tough, gruff man losing his composure was the last straw.

Blinking tears from her eyes, she choked out, “I agree. That display yesterday…you two were in on this from the beginning, weren’t you? There’s no other explanation for it. And to think I was once willing to give you the benefit of the doubt…” She quivered with anger.

Dream or not, Rui didn’t want to play this game anymore.

I vote Palkia.”

@Bluwiikoon

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Wh-why didn't you save him?!" he screamed, before collapsing again, the tears flowing even more.
Rui held him tighter. She wanted to tell him it was okay, that everything would be fine, but…that would just be a lie.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I...I v-vote Palkia, t-too," Gen said, sobbing into his reunion cape.

(@Bluwiikoon)

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Going to OOC this because I took a bunch of notes regarding Abra's EoD play and why it was the scummiest thing I've seen all game and shared them with my buddy (who is now dead, what do, which was the actual reason I was so trusting of Jackie. They were my buddy and I was trying to not draw much attention to them, alongside something else but I will wait for something before I reveal what it is. Anyway, onto my observations!

but if abra's not a doctor (and they aren't)
How would Q know this? While it could just be Mafia trying to jump on a suspicious claim to get a mislynch, the statement feels definitive, like Q knows that this is true, which is a stark contrast to her behaviour during the DW mislynch, where she acted unsure, despite bringing up many reasons why DW's play came off as scummy and anti-town. Scum trying to mislynch tend to act wafflely and uncertain, so I get the feeling that if Abra was innocent, Q would've said something more along the lines of "I think they aren't" or "they probably aren't". This is most likely bussing.

As Equi previously brought up:
Their suspicion here makes no sense. Not only should they be primed for many Bulletproof, but only healing players who have been shot is not in Docter's Mafia Wiki. Inke and Inke's partner are the only ones they can heal, but the only thing they want to say about the game is casting doubt on them.
Abra's description of their role has been... inconsistent. First being surprised that there were custom aspects to/entirely custom roles, only to admit during the EoD chaos that their role had a custom aspect to it when questioned why there was a Doctor when we're dealing with an "Oops! All Bulletproof!" setup. Abra's subsequent response also has a lot of holes in them and feels more like flailing than anything else such as nitpicking language or "I thought only I had a custom role", which is not the thing you would assume when given such a role.

Vote: Inkedust

sorry Inke lol. it's just that your playstyle is known for being very town (look no further than the 2nd anniv. mafia), and I personally am more than a little bit suspicious of you. Tetra and Yellow are also sus of you, and I trust their judgement.
This felt like a desperate attempt to start a train, solely based on the fact that Yellow/Tetra had started becoming skeptical of me and didn't bring up any reason for their suspicion aside from my performance in second anni (which... no. I've already made statements as to why that notion is inaccurate) and the fact that Yellow/Tetra were considering questioning me. Furthermore, Abra insinuated that she voted for me because I was playing Town, essentially stating that any Town play from me is invalid because of Second Anni, and if that's not begging for a mislynch, I don't know what is.

And then there's this, which is easily the biggest red flag of the entire thing:
9bb28fc01493b497befd1cb01fe0cd5dd50930b6.png

Everything about this screams "staged" and a very poor attempt at bussing. At that point, the votes were tied between Q and Abra and a few players were happy to leave the votes as is. This (literal) last minute move to break the tie feels like an attempt to prevent the day extension (genuinely feels that Q and Abra didn't want a day extension to stop Town from brainstorming more in-thread/discuss why Abra is sus). It also feels like a ploy to make Abra look better, like "look! I voted for the obvious scum, that has to clear me of all sus, right?"—despite Abra giving no further elaboration and the vote coming off as desperate more than anything else.

So in conclusion, this day is a fucking no-brainer.

VOTE: PALKIA
@Bluwiikoon]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Going to OOC this because I took a bunch of notes regarding Abra's EoD play and why it was the scummiest thing I've seen all game and shared them with my buddy (who is now dead, what do, which was the actual reason I was so trusting of Jackie. They were my buddy and I was trying to not draw much attention to them, alongside something else but I will wait for something before I reveal what it is. Anyway, onto my observations!

How would Q know this? While it could just be Mafia trying to jump on a suspicious claim to get a mislynch, the statement feels definitive, like Q knows that this is true, which is a stark contrast to her behaviour during the DW mislynch, where she acted unsure, despite bringing up many reasons why DW's play came off as scummy and anti-town. Scum trying to mislynch tend to act wafflely and uncertain, so I get the feeling that if Abra was innocent, Q would've said something more along the lines of "I think they aren't" or "they probably aren't". This is most likely bussing.

Abra's description of their role has been... inconsistent. First being surprised that there were custom aspects to/entirely custom roles, only to admit during the EoD chaos that their role had a custom aspect to it when questioned why there was a Doctor when we're dealing with an "Oops! All Bulletproof!" setup. Abra's subsequent response also has a lot of holes in them and feels more like flailing than anything else such as nitpicking language or "I thought only I had a custom role", which is not the thing you would assume when given such a role.

This felt like a desperate attempt to start a train, solely based on the fact that Yellow/Tetra had started becoming skeptical of me and didn't bring up any reason for their suspicion aside from my performance in second anni (which... no. I've already made statements as to why that notion is inaccurate) and the fact that Yellow/Tetra were considering questioning me. Furthermore, Abra insinuated that she voted for me because I was playing Town, essentially stating that any Town play from me is invalid because of Second Anni, and if that's not begging for a mislynch, I don't know what is.

And then there's this, which is easily the biggest red flag of the entire thing:

Everything about this screams "staged" and a very poor attempt at bussing. At that point, the votes were tied between Q and Abra and a few players were happy to leave the votes as is. This (literal) last minute move to break the tie feels like an attempt to prevent the day extension (genuinely feels that Q and Abra didn't want a day extension to stop Town from brainstorming more in-thread/discuss why Abra is sus). It also feels like a ploy to make Abra look better, like "look! I voted for the obvious scum, that has to clear me of all sus, right?"—despite Abra giving no further elaboration and the vote coming off as desperate more than anything else.

@Bluwiikoon]]
[[summed it up better than I could, lol. That last minute switch was completely baffling and idk what that was supposed to accomplish. Maybe they were hoping it would just confuse us?? But yeah, Palkia is SUS AF. Plus, the more I think about the doc claim, the less it makes sense.]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu

@Bluwiikoon]]
[[P much my thoughts exactly. I about jumped out of my damn skin when Abra and Q swapped votes. I’m preeeettttyyyy set on my vote lol]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[I have info, idk if it helps but I’m outing myself again for extra help—when DW died, I got swapped into a Buddy system with Q and Abra—they were already together and I know that for a fact considering DW was first to go. They could easily both have been scum and planning shit beforehand. Once I joined their system, things were quiet, and Q claimed they hadn’t told Abra much but…….kek a likely story at this point.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[I have info, idk if it helps but I’m outing myself again for extra help—when DW died, I got swapped into a Buddy system with Q and Abra—they were already together and I know that for a fact considering DW was first to go. They could easily both have been scum and planning shit beforehand. Once I joined their system, things were quiet, and Q claimed they hadn’t told Abra much but…….kek a likely story at this point.]]
[[OH. That could've been the reason you might've been shot N1 then. Scum wants to get rid of a rouge element within their chat, so they can actively plan and play like scum again rather than awkwardly try to beat around the bush with a pro-town player.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Yeah. That makes sense.]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[OH. That could've been the reason you might've been shot N1 then. Scum wants to get rid of a rouge element within their chat, so they can actively plan and play like scum again rather than awkwardly try to beat around the bush with a pro-town player.]]
[[I thought the same exact thing actually—I was already sussing Q and Abra at that point and I deadass was like “bet cash flow money i get shot tonight” and SURE E-FUCKING-NOUGH. I wasn’t ready to out my buddies yet because I wanted to see how the day went but now that Q flipped scum and they both had that dirty ass play at the end of the day, I’m 100% certain.

I thought for sure I was dead last night too, but Abra actually asked me for verification on my Alien role—asked if I died if they still got BP protection and I told them if I die, they get nothing…and I conveniently didn’t die last night. Hmmmm.]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[[ my phone dies and this is what happens huh. Alright lmao.

Well I got a weird ass message, so, have at it.

It has already been translated. ]]

HEY THERE. WE CONTACTED YOU ABOUT YOUR CARS EXTENDED WARRANTY. DID YOU EVER HEAR THE TRAGEDY OF DARTH PLAGUEIS THE WISE? I THOUGHT NOT. POST THIS TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE RECIEVED THIS MESSAGE.

[[ that's literally it ]]

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
Translated from what? This tells us nothing aside from the fact that you received a message.
[[ pretty sure this is the "prank call" thing that was in the intro post lmao ]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui narrowed her eyes. “And what is that message supposed to mean? More importantly, what do you have to say for yourself?”

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen SCREAMED once he heard that message. He immediately glared at Palkia with all the hate he could muster.

"It was y-you! You k-killed him! You're m-mafia! And I have proof now!" he yelled, the years continuing to fall, though a hint of determination was in his eyes.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
And I have proof now!"
Guzma knot his brows together as he stared over at the Oshawott. That Pokemon hadn’t stopped crying since the damn game started (not that he was one to judge). Though, he thought only Wishiwashi fucking cried that much…

Nonetheless, he rubbed his eyes before crossing his arms. “You have proof?”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui’s heart froze. No, no, no. Not this. Not this.

She hastily let go of Gen and backed away. So much was going on, she couldn’t take it all in…but now she knew.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Taking a deep breath, she faced the crowd. “I—I have something to say. About my role. And…about Gen.”

[[long post incoming, pls hold]]

Top Bottom