• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Main Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave narrowed his eyes at her. "No. It's just like, oh, cool, I can feel he's happy." He thought of Nate. "And, you know, if you're a ball of anxiety I guess they will be too. They don't really say words. I mean, I guess if he can see my memories I wouldn't really know."

He turned towards Owen. "Yeah, I tried it a bunch. Doesn't seem to know much about much. I guess I could ask if he can see memories?"

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa nodded dumbly.

Fucking hell. Everything had been going so well.

"It's important," she mumbled, aware of some scrutiny or disapproval in Dave's eyes. "I- it's important."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen frowned, sensing there was something he didn't know about Brisa. Ever since Jesse had been brought up... A Delphox, right? Well, a human who became one... But Owen didn't want to pry or make assumptions. "Hey, it's alright," he said gently.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave stopped, looking at Brisa, the way she was almost visibly shrinking under his gaze. What had just happened? "Look, fine, I'll ask."

He fished Squiggly out of his bag. "Hey," he said. "Can you see my memories? One for yes, two for no?"

The rock was still for a moment, then wobbled hesitantly - twice. Honestly Dave was kind of relieved. "There you go. You can ask him if you've got any other concerns." He paused. "Or, you know, if you don't want one you can just not. Nobody's making you do this."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shook her head slightly. "We need the combat advantage. It's my responsibility to be as strong as possible. If I do anythin' less than give it my all, and we fail 'cause of those choices, then that's a dereliction of duty. Cibus may not be my jurisdiction, but it is under my protection."

She breathed out and licked her hackles down brusquely. "It'll be fine. I'll be fine."

She smiled weakly at Owen's experiment. "I'm sure they dandy lil' fellas once you get to know 'em. Psychic or not."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Brisa shook her head slightly. "We need the combat advantage. It's my responsibility to be as strong as possible. If I do anythin' less than give it my all, and we fail 'cause of those choices, then that's a dereliction of duty. Cibus may not be my jurisdiction, but it is under my protection."
Dave blinked at her for a moment. "Look, it's not your responsibility to do shit. There's like a couple dozen of us. I don't know what duties you think you've got at home but over here you really don't have to play lone superhero."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Where Brisa's from," Owen explained, "she's used to more or less... being stronger than pretty much everyone else. Has to do with being part-human, y'know? Self-augmenting energy. But Dave's right." Owen placed Shady back on top of his head, where it wobbled and balanced on the shiny, scaly surface. "We're all in this together. If you don't get one, we can still fight on, but if you do... we're here, right?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Half human, huh. Something twisted in his stomach. "Well, even if you're stronger than most people that doesn't mean you should go and personally solve every problem."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shook her head. "That is, in fact, exactly what folks expect of me back home."

She laughed. It wasn't a pleasant sound.

"It has been for four goddamn years."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Jesus. What the fuck? Tell them to take some fucking responsibility of their own. From what you've told me they don't deserve shit from you."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa shrugged, her gaze shifting from place to place distractedly.

"It's... There's, y'know, context. Complicatin' things. Like, the Ranger Union won't send out anyone else to take over just 'cause I'm sick of my duties. And I ain't gonna find another job in a shake of my tail. And... And nobody can do what I can do, besides. I'm half-human. I'm the daughter of Jesse Fuckin' Stranger. Yeah."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen frowned, looking troubled. "That's not right at all," he said. "Even the elites in my world are expected to seek help from other elites or, just, you know, others in general if a task is big. You can't just... carry the whole world on your shoulders! I--"

"Ah, excuse me," someone called. "You, Charmander."

"Oh, um, hello." Owen turned to face S'more, the Marshadow. "I apologize if you're busy with a conversation, but I need to pull someone aside to ask a few questions about your team. Nothing terrible, I assure you, and your friend in the sky can monitor this. You seem like the sort to log things down, and if you could provide some needs and wants of your team as a whole...?"

"Oh, um, I guess I can do that..." He glanced uncertainly at Brisa and Dave, wondering if the former would be fine.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave sighed. "Yeah, go ahead. I think we were about done here anyway."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Be seein' ya, Owen," said Brisa, with a sigh. "Don't you worry about me. Just meet me in the trainin' rooms later and thump the shit outta me if you wanna help."

She grinned darkly. "If ya can, that is."

As Owen left, she slumped down with a sigh and rubbed her face with her paws. "Goddamnit. Sorry, Dave. Look, you seem a decent fella, if you'll forgive my indecorous bellyachin', we could get t'know each other a lil' better or somethin'. I hear you're a drinkin' mon, if you're free later."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen nodded, and it looked like he was going to suggest the same to Brisa to help cheer her up later. There was more to her than she had let on, but... Well. When she was ready she could talk about it. It wasn't like he was one to judge on something like that.

"See you," Owen agreed, and left to follow S'more.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave blinked at Brisa again. Really?

His first kneejerk instinct was to say no. Talking to more people about their copious emotional baggage had not been high on his list for tonight. But at this point... fuck. He just wanted to know what the hell was the deal with this girl who was apparently perpetually surrounded by assholes. Honestly he hadn't had a good thing to just get properly mad about since he'd gotten here.

And he could definitely use a drink anyway.

"You know what, sure. Is there a bar around here?"

<><><><><>

Last edited:
R5 - Siege against the Hidden Land

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
After the initial few days of panic and action, few new events arose over the next couple of weeks within Destiny Village and Cibus as a whole. Diyem continued searching for sources of distortion and other potential dangers; Arceus called upon as many Legends as he could find to come back to Destiny Village for protection. A few, however, needed to remain at their posts to guard their landmarks. Dialga had to remain behind on Temporal Tower to keep the landmass afloat; a destabilizing presence there could cause it to crash down to the Sea of Wonders below. Giratina remained behind in the Reverse World to keep distortions from leaking out into the material plane; after all, the Reverse World was where Dungeon distortions were displaced to shrink down.

Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre were still missing; the same was true for both Ho-Oh and the three legendary beasts that worked below them. It seemed fairly clear that they would be of some risk later, if not discovered. Meanwhile, Xerneas had to remain in the Tree of Life to continue guarding it; while its original purpose of keeping the planet in place had apparently been retired, it was still a large repository of power, and that in the wrong hands could also spell disaster.

Thankfully, everybody else was more or less accounted for.

Darkwhite was not seen anywhere for long. There were hearsay instances of a strange looking Mew around the world, but she never stayed in one place long enough to get anything useful. Shades, too, were rounded up in scattered locations seemingly at random, with no rhyme nor reason to their appearances.

And so, aside from volunteer scouting around the world and returning to the Destiny Village dorms by evening, a strange little routine had formed once again among the team. Tense equilibrium as Palkia's whereabouts remained unknown. Dialga and Giratina, who shared a strong bond with him, could sense that he was still alive, but little more. Even Arceus was unable to locate him.

That tense peace shattered in an instant when the skies above the Sea of Wonders turned into a crimson vortex. A world-tearing rumble shook the horizon, its sound faintly reaching all the way to Destiny Village like a distant thunderclap.

[Maple > Team Spectrum]: Guild lobby, now. Gather everyone. Darkwhite made her move.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Mellow had been tending to her orchard, and letting sunlight in through little cracks in the roots, when there was an impossibly loud crash and the sky turned a color it was very much not supposed to be. She looked up, sighed, and brushed the dirt off of her as she stood. Where was her badge... Once she found it and read the message the Charmander frowned. So, they were about to have another fight. She had heard Palkia had been missing....

She calmly put her head in her hands and resisted the urge to scream. After a few moments Mellow packed her backpack full of jars of tea she'd already prepared and left to head into town. Distressed Pokémon were everywhere, gasping and pointing towards the tear in the sky. The atmosphere was certainly a grim one. Mellow ignored it all and made her way into the guild lobby, set down her backpack and looked straight at Maple with a less-than-pleased expression as she crossed her arms. She still had nothing good to say about her, but they were working together. Possibly. She was still waiting for the "Smeargle" to slip up and for her act to fall apart.

"Point us in the direction we need to go and we'll get going. No need to explain, we'll just be wasting time."

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Maple seemed surprised at Mellow's dutiful readiness to jump into the fray. After the way that she had behaved a few weeks ago when interrogated... she was impressed.

"Of course," Maple said just as Owen arrived with several others. That was everyone; it seemed that he had gone out of his way to gather the stragglers as quickly as he could. "Then come with me."

Maple carved a portal next to her, wide enough for Bahamut to jump through, but the moment it appeared, a deluge of sparks rained out and bounced off of the room. Maple flinched, holding her arm up to block some of it; the black-white sparks bounced and scorched the walls and left a few gashes on Maple's arm. She didn't flinch. "Follow my lead," she said, stepping toward the portal when the original burst of energy subsided.

And then, she jumped in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom