• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Poppin' Arms Guild ~ Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"We're about to bring him out," Cepa explained to Rocky. The pink Celebi drifted over the bed where the Poke Ball was nestled in the covers, giving an uncertain look to Balm, who nodded back. "Okay. Here goes...?"

She lifted the ball and tossed it the way Chip had instructed. With a pop, light poured out of the ball and onto the covers, far more than should have been able to be stored inside.

The fallen god materialized, his usual divine glow significantly dimmer. He curled up a little, then let out a gentle groan. "...I'll admit," he said quietly, "it wasn't so bad in there..."

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
Rocky watched anxiously as Arceus reappeared, dimming and battered. "He's going to be okay, right?" He was talking, so of course he had to be okay. Probably not okay enough to read minds, though. Definitely not. So that was fine.

Rocky's tail lashed again in frustration. This was one of those things Mudkip would say he should apologize for, even though he didn't actually do anything wrong. He could tell. "Sorry..." he said finally, ears drooping. "Sorry I distracted you while you were fighting. I hope you get better soon."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Arceus weakly turned his head and his eyes had that usual glimmer, even if it was weaker. "Not at all," he said gently. "You... distracted me, but stopped me from fleeing right into his trap. You, and your team... you all saved me." He laughed, then winced. "Ah... I should take it easy for a while."

"You definitely should," Zinc said. "I've... never imagined that I would be treating you. I don't know if... I'm qualified..."

"Nonsense!" Cepa said. "You've been amazing! One of the best medics in the world, I tell you! Let's help as much as we can, alright?"

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
"Oh," Rocky said. That must have happened while he wasn't able to see anything. "Well, that's good, then! I guess we are pretty great!" He grinned. "Well, then you'd better rest a lot and get better real soon. You have to get better so we can have that party, remember? Just like I promised!"

Arceus would get better, though. And they'd saved Joule, so everything had turned out all right. Well, some people died, but they were going to get better! In the end, everything was going to work out just fine, just like he said it would. Mudkip was always so gloomy and expecting everything to go wrong, and acting like Rocky was stupid for not thinking the worst was going to happen every time. He wouldn't ever admit he was wrong, but at least Rocky knew!

The familiar was already concocting plans as he left the infirmary, head high and humming to himself. There was gonna be a rescue mission! They were gonna find Giovanni! And maybe see the tree of life? It was so exciting!

It was a great time to be a hero, and a great time to be on Cibus. And Rocky was making a name for himself already. He'd basically saved God! At this rate, he'd be able to join the God Squad in no time at all.

<><><>​

[R10] The Darkness Inside (Diyem and Icetales)

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
A new day, and yet the situation wasn’t much different.

Icetales looked around the place, his tails twitching erratically. While the infirmary didn’t look as full as the day prior, there were still many injured ‘mons who were receiving the last treatments. Just the sight of those pained fellows made the Ninetales’s own heart ache.

That last attack unleashed by Sir Joule… just what was that? How could a single ‘mon do so much damage?

By the heavens! Perhaps he wasn’t even the most powerful threat around! Who knew if there was some other more intimidating menace on the horizon. If there truly was something… then could Team Spectrum even stand a chance while some of their most powerful teammates were gone?

Icetales couldn’t stand idle anymore. If there was some way to solve the situation and ensure that their comrades returned, then golly! He was going to take it, no matter what!

In his silent wandering, he finally reached the room mentioned by the nurse. He poked his head inside, and sure enough there he was. Just the ‘mon he was looking for.

“Sir Diyem…” started Icetales, before striding inside. “We need to confer about some matters, if thou not mind and art in swell enough shape for that.”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales nodded. “It is most reassuring to hear that thou art recovering thy strength and art feeling better.”

He walked inside the room and sat on his haunches, keeping a fair distance from his patron. For some reason, he felt the darkness inside of him bubbling, but he dismissed that sensation. It was time for business.

“I am in search of a few answers, actually. I have heard that our comrades are wandering in thy Voidlands, and until we get the energy from the Tree of Life we will not be able to make them return.”

He narrowed his eyes. “However, I have been wondering. Art thou able to reach out for them? To feel their presences and spirits and, perhaps, communicate with them? Thou can communicate with us through telepathy, but what about them?”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Keep them sane.”

Something about that sentence made Icetales’s skin crawl. Souls that might go insane while wandering in a world where the laws of nature were twisted and fickle sounded so eerily familiar.

Just like Chaos.

Just like home.’

“Hm. Very well. Good to know that there is some way to communicate with them. That is at least something.” He tilted his head. “Although, is there some time discrepancy between the Voidlands and this world? Basically, a day in Cibus equates to a day in the Voidlands, or is there some dilatation in either world? Because,” he shuddered, “I fear of what might happen to them if they spend more time than what their mental stamina can handle…”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"It is roughly the same amount of time," Diyem replied, looking Icetales over. "...But it seems that you won't be very satisfied with just that answer, hm? I can see it in the way you are behaving. Impatience. You... wish to see them." He shook his head. "Delving into the Voidlands voluntarily is not something one should take lightly. Even if I can bring you back, as you have a body here... dipping into the Shadows is not something you can handle with preparation and meditation alone."

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales stared at Diyem, then his eyes narrowed. Sorrow, agony, silent rage.

“…I have lived in literal hell for most of my puppyhood. Darkness. I was born from darkness. I have breathed darkness. My spirit is infested with darkness.”

In that moment, Icetales’s fur became pitch black. He didn’t even realize the change in appearance, but for some reason he suddenly felt more comfortable. As if that was the state he was meant to have.

“I am aware of the risks. I am aware that what I will see will most likely bring me in the brink of madness.” His eyes narrowed even further. “However… they are my comrades, and if I can bring even a small spark of hope in their hearts… then I am willing to do it. For them.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hrmm." Diyem studied Icetales and did not see anything that he was saying to be incorrect. But it was still, of course, a risk. He wasn't sure if being predisposed to Shadows was a boon or a bane when it came to entering his Voidlands, but perhaps the familiarity could help.

"I don't want to risk further people being lost there," he said. "If you go in there, it won't be for long. I do not know what you can do for them. When will you be ready to go?"

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales took a deep breath to steady himself, relishing in the sensation of the darkness flowing through his body — something that both terrified and thrilled him.

However, he had no idea what he was going to behold nor if he could have offered any substantial help to his comrades, and what Diyem said was sensible. Losing another teammate of the cortège so soon would have brought down the morale of the group even further. Especially… Petram’s, Celeste’s and Ivy’s. What would they think if he lost himself?

‘On the plus side, at least thou would free them from thy pestilence. Would that not be helpful? Fuh huh huh!’

Icetales had to suppress a growl as his darkness intensified. He took another deep breath to keep his shadows in check, then puffed his chest and gained a more dignified composure. His expression was eerily calm despite being aware of the danger.

“…I am ready.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Very well."

It took some time, almost like a ritual in and of itself. The room seemed to darken as Diyem guided Icetales to sit in a certain spot, to wait a certain amount of time, to clear his thoughts and replace them with others. A gentle tugging within his forehead suggested that Diyem was at least somewhat present within him during this process.

A crackling ball of dark energy formed in Diyem's little hands. "This may sting," he said. "You are going to materialize in the Voidlands, possibly within a bolt of black lightning. It might startle people. Do not attack the Void Shadows and they will probably not attack you. Now, if you're ready..."

Diyem had asked Icetales to sit in the corner. This was mostly because when there was a statue of him in the corner, he could hide it with some covers and hopefully nobody would notice.

"...Good luck."

He fired, and Icetales' vision went dark.

<><><>​

R10 - What are you hiding?

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Bahamut had an expectation for the infirmary: Diyem in his covers, Arceus somewhere else, and Joule possibly still surrounded by luminous orbs if no one had taken his suggestion and brought him somewhere with organic light. What he wasn't expecting was to find a stone statue of Icetales opposite Diyem's cot with a look of determination on its face.

There were a lot of things Bahamut could say. Instead, he just went, "Excuse me... but what the fuck?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Oh, yeah, sure. It was no big deal. He just went to hell. Nothing to get worked up over. Bahamut had no teeth to gnash anymore. Instead, his long tail twitched in irritation.

“I’m sure you realize that Maple extending even the smallest benefit of the doubt to you is quite the gesture,” he said. “I’m impressed, but also worried. Especially after Maple’s last text. The last time you made a big decision like this, it was sending us all here. And you withheld a lot of information from us in doing so.” He looked at his crystal legs. “With our numbers depleted and morale fragile, I don’t want history to repeat. And as close as the team is, it is not fair to Cibus to delay healing Arceus. It leaves me... deeply conflicted.

“So I’m asking politely. What, if anything, are you not telling us about this Tree of Life and your desire to go to it?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Diyem sighed, but then looked around his room. Maple and Joule had left to someplace. Arceus was relocated to Destiny Tower for further healing. Apparently, something about that location helped him recover faster.

So, Diyem was largely alone.

"Eternantus is inside the Tree... but everything else I said is true. I do need its power to restore myself and your allies to normal."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom