• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Pokémon Pokemon Sword: Reflections From The Past To The Future

Chapter 9: Secrets Unveiled

Alira

Galarian adventurer!
Pronouns
She/her
Chapter 9: Secrets unveiled
TW: Vaguely mentioned gore, Heather not being in a good mental state in flashbacks(She just lost the man she loved do you really think she'll be in a good place? ;w; ), blood magic, just darker than other chapters thus far, but this is a dark as I plan it to get. I don't know if this violates any rules, so please let me know D:

Alira didn’t even think when she threw Hop to safety, she just acted and got him out of harm’s way, also throwing her pokemon to him in the brief seconds she had before the ground collapsed under her feet.

Her scream only lasted a few moments before she felt a stray piece of rock crash into her head, pain exploding all over her skull and she gripped at it.

Blood, she felt blood and she felt her breath quickening in panic. That wasn’t good, she could now hardly see but she knew she was still falling very fast.

And she had a really bad feeling this wasn’t going to be a short fall that would just leave her with bruises.

In her head, she heard a voice she was quite familiar with by this point, one of a certain queen-

Rest, rest my child, you will be safe I swear. I am, so, so very sorry for what you will see, but this is the only way to ensure your mind survives this. Forgive this old soul for this….

Before she could hardly register the voice, she felt herself falling unconscious, vision blackening, and her body moving to face the ground with her hands facing down.

The spiral patterns lighting up on her hands she knew far too well before she saw no more of the present, being shot back to memories in the distant past.

She was back when Acaeus died, still holding his dead body in her arms. She was no longer screaming, but she was still crying. Acaeus was dead, he was DEAD and he probably didn’t hear her confession before he passed but her best friend was dead.

She could feel Zacia’s sorrow through their link, and gods she couldn’t image how Zen was feeling-

As she realized that it definitely looked like that cult member was from Kanto, her BASTARD FATHER’S KINGDOM, she felt like everything froze.

Sorrow and anguish were soon buried by utterly blinding and deep hatred and rage. She wasn’t thinking straight, how could she? She just lost the most important person in her life-

And she knew exactly who to blame.

She carefully set Acaeus’ body down, and now silent, stood up, sword in hand. She could hear Zacia through the link, asking what was going on why did she suddenly feel so cold and distant now.

But Heather didn’t respond. Claude was the only one who looked up in time to see her binding marks flash and she teleported out of the circle of soldiers protecting her and Claude.

Slash! Thud.

She hardly registered that she decapitated a Kantonian soldier with ease even through his armor as she came out of the teleport, eyes blank and unfeeling as her heart was now. Several soldiers, even ones of her own forces and Claude’s froze at the action as she stood there, sword still held in the air and dripping with blood from the motion.

“Out of the way.” Her voice was flat, monotone but also filled with utter hatred at the enemy forces in front of her.

Some smart ones did as she said, but most didn’t, bearing their swords at her. That’s when the screaming and blood flying about with no restraint began.

She moved as quick as lightning thanks to her magic aiding her, cutting down the forces before her with no mercy, icy-cold eyes casting judgment on those who sided and fought for the vile man she was related to by blood. Hardly any of them had time to run, much less defend themselves, and men by the dozens fell to her blade.

She left a trail of blood and bodies in her wake as if she was like death itself, cutting down soldier after soldier with not a shred of remorse or regret, only a blur of red-coated silver and steel.

She didn’t hear Zacian screaming through the link, she didn’t hear her forces or Claude’s shouting for her to stop, she barely noticed anyone shouting for her and any magic attempting to restrain her she broke through in an instant. She was purely focused on one, singular goal.

Kill. Her. Father.

He was the one who caused her to be born, HE was the reason she was ALWAYS moving from place to place growing up, HE was the reason her mother never loved her, and-

HE WAS THE REASON ACAEUS WAS DEAD!

She barely managed to hear the sounds of two horns, clearly the reinforcements for her and Claude’s side, she could recognize those sounds, but she didn’t stop. She refused to, NOT UNTIL HER FATHER WAS DEAD AND ON HIS WAY TO HELL.

She didn’t notice how the forces from Kanto and Johto were retreating, but she did see the figure of her father, on a kanto rapidash with armor to ward against its flame mane, atop the hill.

“ULRIC!” She all but roared, voice hardly sounding like her own and she tasted even more copper in her throat but hardly registered it as it was no different from the blood coating her form.

It didn’t even seem like he heard her or if he did he deliberately ignored her as his mount turned to leave, prompting an absolute flash of pure anger to course through her system. No, she REFUSED TO LET HIM RUN AWAY-

A hand on her shoulder yanked her back and she turned, sword already swinging to kill-

She stopped just before her sword could hit the arm Claude brought up to shield his face.

“E-Easy there Heather.” His voice stuttered noticeably, eyes still red from his tears, but he didn’t let go of the arm he now had ahold of, so she couldn’t rush off. “Calm, well, you can’t after what happened, can you? Just, stop. They’re retreating.”

“My father doesn’t deserve to walk away from this with his life.” She snarled, but her sword was shaking ever so slightly. Her voice was rough and sounded damaged,
unfamiliar. “He’s done nothing but made my life a living HELL until I came to Galar, and even now he torments and ruins my life. I will kill him for what he’s wrought on this day. He’s made an enemy of Galar and I will not rest until his head departs from his shoulders. He is now an enemy of Galar and I declare war on him.”

“And I’ll help you, I’m just as furious as you, and I want him dead. But we can’t go after him today, we need to let our forces recoup and count our losses. Figure out a plan.” He had to get through to her, she couldn’t just rush after the king of Kanto like this, she looked ready to collapse and he doubted her magic would last forever. “Please… For Acaeus’ sake, don’t do this.”

She stilled, face completely blank and eyes devoid of thought or emotion. For a moment, he thought she would strike him down and continue.

But she didn’t.

Her magic let go, binding marks no longer glowing, and her entire form slumped. Her sword dropped to the ground and she lurched forward to latch onto Claude.

She buried her face in his chest and began to shake as he wrapped his arms around her securely and tightly.

Her shoulders hitched, beginning to sob into the Kalos king’s chest without restraint and he petted her hair, mentally thanking he was able to snap her out of that… Bloodlust. He wasn’t sure if anyone would’ve been able to stop her, but he did.

Especially as if it seemed her rampage had completely rendered Zacian unable to move and do much other than shout through their link. Zamazenta… He was in a similar state though he was able to move enough to where he could remain at a safe distance from things.

So it had been up to Claude to stop her, quickly getting on his flygon Flyby and rushing to her, and now that he could properly think he realized it was only because, he was going through exactly what she was.

With that thought in mind, he raised his head, eyes harsh and cold, and looked back to the forces he and Heather controlled, as well as the newly arrived forces of Sinnoh and Seteth’s mixed forces from Hoenn, Unova, and wherever else he could get them.

“Listen everyone!” His voice resounded throughout the dead silent air, everyone looking at him and Seteth he could notably see was shocked at how cold and harsh his eyes were. “We have suffered many losses here, but the greatest losses we have suffered are the death of my wife, Byleth,” He saw Flayn by Seteth cover her mouth in horror and sorrow, the girl looking ready to cry but he pressed on. “And the loss of my dear friend and Galar’s king, Acaeus. And as such due to the nature of who killed them fleeing back to Kanto after the fact,”

His voice turned deadly, and if Heather had the energy to cease crying or even look up, she’d see his pupils turn into dragon slits like his wife’s once did. “I and Heather, as rulers of our respective kingdoms, declare war on Kanto and ANYONE WHO SIDES WITH THEM! We will not rest until their vile king is dethroned or dead! He will pay for his actions, no, his crimes today in blood when we had done nothing to provoke this sort of attack and he’s taken that which can NEVER BE REPLACED!”

All was silent, then the forces from Galar and Kalos began to cheer and shout in agreement, he could see the outright confusion and dare he say shock from the forces Dimitri and Seteth brought. Claude was never quick to declare war, he always tried to talk things out with other kingdoms.

But this was different. His wife and best friend had directly been targeted in the chaos, that was clear to see, and you don’t kill his wife or best friend unless you want war on your hands which he was ready to give them and he knew Heather felt the same way.

_____________________________________________________________________________​

Hop about collapsed ontop of Corviknight when as they were reaching the end of the tunnel which opened up into some sort of cave lit by holes with moonlight filtering in, he saw Alira seemed to be alright, she was standing and wasn’t under any rubble that was littered around her thank god.

But something was off, were parts of her face and hands glowing?

“Alira!” She looked up at his shout, tilting her head and skittering back when he had Corviknight land near her and not on any rubble. “Mate, you bloody daft girl, what’re you thinking!? Just tossing me out of the way-”

“Halt.” She spoke in a manner unfamiliar to Hop, authoritative and commanding and her eyes were so much darker than they were before, like the night prior. Hop shut his mouth and got a better look at her as he got off Corviknight and she adjusted her jacket and slipped it off her shoulders but kept it on, markings he was used to seeing on a certain girl from their dreams were now on her and glowing.

“I am not Alira, you’ve already deduced that I assume.” Her voice, while still being Alira’s in some respects, wasn’t her, too mature and older sounding.

“Yeah.” He narrowed his eyes at her, scrutinizing her and how she held herself. Her jacket was half off her shoulders, resting on her arms and the sleeves covered her hands. “Heather, right?”

“Yes.” She nodded, sighing she crossed her arms with a large huff of her shoulders. “What a damn mess you two are in… I hope you’re listening, the both of you if Ace is within you. Cause I frankly don’t have a lot of time if I wish to spare Alira from seeing some painful memories or risk us permanently being switched like this. I may not have wished to die when I did, but I don’t want to steal another’s life from them.”

Heather was in a meeting with Claude, Seteth, aand Dimitri. She was seated by Claude but she wasn’t listening to much if anything.

“Claude have you lost your damn mind?! Declaring war on such a large kingdom-”

“Please. It’s no different than it was when we went after Adrestia and Edelgard now is it Dimitri? I don’t see the difference.”

“But we had ample reason to go after them! Edelgard was trying to uproot the entire country on it’s head and erase the other kingdoms, this-”

“Kanto’s king killed Acaeus, and Byleth.” Heather hardly registered she spoke, interrupting Dimitri, voice blank and monotone. “He had to have known Byleth hadn’t yet given birth to a heir, much like with me and Acaeus-” Anyone who knew her and Acaeus well knew that they had no plans to acquire heirs as they were not romantically involved which was a weakness she knew but the words fell from her mouth all the same. “Even knowing that he had his people directly targeting them, I don’t think Claude saw anyone else, even our healers, attacked so viciously much like they were.”

“She’s right, and I had an eagle's eye of the battlefield as you know thanks to Flyby and that is the truth.” Claude huffed, crossing his arms and remaining close to her as he glared over at Dimitri. “King Ulric is a danger to us all like Edelgard was, and perhaps even more so because at least Edelgard knew when to stop and surrender for her own sake so she could live. Ulric has clearly shown he’s more than willing to kill kings and queens to get whatever he wants, whatever it is he cannot be allowed to live. What if he wants to just burn our kingdoms to the ground?”

“Like you plan to do with his?” Seteth piped up from his stance at the end of the battlemap table.

“You wound me Seteth.” Though his words were a clear jest, it lacked the normal energy they had. “I don’t plan to do much other than make sure his heart is no longer beating, what an irony considering myself now, what his people do after that is their own choice.”

“I still don’t like this plan of yours, it’s reckless.” The older blond man shook his head, narrowing his remaining eye at Claude. “But you and Heather are set on it, and I can’t say I blame you. I would do the same if anything happened to my wife.”

“I do agree, if this was what happened with my wife, I would have much the same thoughts.” Seteth sighed, crossing his arms.

“Will you aid us, or will we be forced to continue on without you?” Claude asked, looking at the two pointedly as Heather tilted her head ever so slightly as her gaze finally slid up from the map to look at the king and dragon mage.
Would they aid them? She wondered. They surely must know that the likelihood of them succeeding in this plan without them was small, wouldn’t stop her or Claude but even so.

Seteth eventually sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he breathed in deeply. “Since it’s clear you two are going to do this regardless, I may as well aid you so you both don’t die.”

“I agree, and after all you did for me and my kingdom against Edelgard, Claude, I will aid you as well.” Dimitri nodded, giving Claude a look which the kalosian man nodded at.

Heather looked about the three men with her eyes before standing up, she had nothing to add so she was going to go check on Zen. Gods knew he was in a state since the battle two weeks and three days ago.

She only responded with a “Zen.” when Claude asked where she was going, leaving the tent swiftly. She weaved around the backs of the camp tents, having no desire to run into anyone wanting to talk to her if she were to walk the main paths.

She didn’t talk much, even before, and had no desire to now so she was going to avoid situations that would force her to. What was the point when most only saw her as a lowly woman even with her status and as such didn’t care what she had to say?

She made it to the tent he was in with no one stopping her, slipping into the large blue tent quietly and studied how the one occupant in it was.

Zen still looked weak and haggard, and she was certain it wasn’t just the loss of Acaeus affecting him mentally.

“How are you holding up Zen?” She asked softly, walking over and kneeling beside the large dog pokemon who opened an eye to peer at her.

Tired.” He responded, inhaling and letting the air out in a puff. “Really tired, and, mourning.

She patted his head as he closed his eyes, continuing. “
I will do my best to be ready for the battle against the murderers, but I make no promises despite my desire to end them. Markus was not lying when he said if one of you died it could leave me or Zacia very weak if it didn’t kill us. My mana levels are apparently extremely low and the healers who told me that don’t know what to do.

“Yeah, I’m still looking for some way to help you.” Heather sighed, tilting her head to peer at the shield Zen was resting his head on. “Would it be alright if I tried to send some mana to you through the shield? Markus did say it was a buffer between your mana pool and Ace’s, so it may still be connected to you.”

Sure. I’m not sure what else to do so go ahead.” He lifted his head enough to let her carefully pull the shield out from under his head.

She felt her heart clench in pain looking at Acaeus’s shield, it was long since cleaned of the blood that coated it that day, but it was still painful.

Inhaling, she removed her gloves and placed her palms flat on the surface of the shield, the binding marks on them lit up as she carefully began to channel her mana into the shield.

Hours later, she trudged into Claude’s tent, sighing as she entered and hardly paying attention to the owner of the tent turning around in his seat at his desk.

“You’ve got to stop coming here you know. People will get the wrong idea.” He quipped with light amusement, and she leveled a tired grin at him. The only light in the tent was coming from the candle on the desk.

“You’ve the only decent bed in camp, and until you catch the good dreams lunar pokemon, you and I can’t sleep alone.” She was of course referring to the endless nightmares she had been having since that day, which often made her rush to Claude’s tent in the middle of the night in only her nightgown before she started coming to his tent regularly. He wasn’t going to do anything, he never did, and he knew exactly what she was going through, his dreams haunted him as well.

“Not going to refute that one.” he chuckled softly, turning back to the piece of parchment he was writing on while she ambled over to the bed, sitting down with a tired sigh.

“Zen should be good for when we confront Ulric.” His eyebrows raised at that and he tilted his head to look over at her as she began removing her armored boots.

“You found a way to replenish his mana?” Claude asked, and she nodded, moving to take her shoulder-length gloves off.

“Gave him some of mine.” Her gloves came off with ease, revealing her binding markings. Their steel blue color was the same as always, but the skin around the edges of the markings was red and irritated. “Never did it before, but it surprisingly wasn’t difficult.”

“I wouldn’t be able to tell, with how your skin looks.” Claude scoffed, putting his quill in the inkpot and taking his own gloves off before getting up and walking over to the bed to sit beside her. “Here, let me help you get the rest of your armor off.”

She nodded, and his nimble and quick fingers made short work of the straps on her chest plate, lifting it up and over her head to place on the bed, then helping her out of the chainmail beneath it, leaving her in just the sleeveless shirt she wore beneath all that armor. She had refrained from wearing any leg armor aside from her boots today, opting for simple pants.

“You shouldn’t be exhausting yourself, princess.” He gently touched her arm, watching as she sighed and her entire form slumped. “Aha, so quick to relax around me, hm?” He was jesting, he always did with remarks like that, slightly unexpected but that was fine.

“Hm.” She refused to meet his eyes even as she let him tend her hair. She knew he’d see the lack of life in her gaze, how even now with a goal in mind, killing Ulric, she was but a corpse walking. Feeling as hollow as an empty armor set.

And, frankly speaking, she didn’t have any plans to survive the battle against her father after he fell to her blade. It’d be better if she fell with him, her tainted bloodline stemming from him ending with her.

She never saw the knowing look Claude had as he placed his chin atop her head and held her close, never knowing he was planning, scheming. To make sure she survived to see another day, no matter what he had to do.

One losing the will to go on in the wake of her beloved’s death, and the other resolving to never ever lose those he held dear again. What a pair they were.

Sonia sighed as she went down into the basement, her assistant called in sick today so she had to take inventory herself of how many wishing stars she had to put in dynamax bands to give to new trainers if any came knocking before she opened the lab.

Yamper followed at her heels, literally hopping down the steps due to his small size which made Sonia giggle a little.

Sighing once more, she went over to one of the boxes labeled “wishing stars” and grabbed it, preparing to have to haul it up the stairs before almost losing her grip on it.

What the hell-it was way more lighter than she remembered!

She was quick to throw it open, gaping as she saw it was completely empty when she KNEW only the day prior it was full of wishing stars.

She quickly began checking the other boxes, soon finding that they too were completely empty and devoid of any of the many wishing stars she had collected over the past year.

The only thing she found, was a small piece of paper in one of the boxes. It only had a symbol on it.

The symbol was of a lightning strike breaking a sword and shield into pieces.

Footsteps marched all around, Heather in the thick of it atop Zacia’s back as the joined army marched further into the land of Kanto, Johto having submitted to their onslaught very quickly and the rulers revealed where Ulric was hiding. In the mountains was where he was hiding now, and that’s where they were and headed deeper into the mountains.

The walls of the mountains rose high above the marching soldiers, stretching and clawing up at the murky skies above while rain fell in a cascade upon the people and the land. What a dreary day Heather thought as her gaze continued to drift.

Claude, she spotted when she tilted her head up, was atop his flygon Flyby with his bow at the ready, although... He strangely had a sword on his belt, she could see the shape of it from where she was, but the movements of his mount didn’t offer her a stable view.

Regardless, her gaze continued to roam as the army marched forward, eventually drifting up to the cliffs to either side of them.

Where she saw dark figures skittering around, trying so hard to avoid being seen, but she could see them and sense the vile, dark magic dripping off them clear from there.

“ARCHERS AND MAGES ABOVE US!” She all but screamed, standing up on Zacia and flinging her arm upward towards the figures, the link she shared with Zacian sparking with her magic as several ethereal swords, copies of her own, appeared before launching towards the figures at a high speed.

Everyone scattered, archers and mages taking aim at where her spirit swords were flying towards while healers and ground troops took cover and hid behind shields.

“There’s more on the opposite side!” Claude’s voice rang out and the flyers took up defensive positions in the air, spellcasters and archers alike aiming for the figures Claude spotted.

Spells and arrows soared through the air like deadly hail from a storm, a flurry of magic and wood, and stone sailing as one.

She saw and felt several of the enemies drop dead, but saw several begin to rapidly retreat. Heather didn’t hesitate and lept off Zacia’s back, magic flaring as she began to chase the escaping figures.

Her feet skimmed the veil between magic and reality as she ran, magic encompassing her form as she fade stepped and appeared as a flickering, misty form as she ran beyond her army and further into the valley.

She could vaguely hear Zacia yelling for her through the link and someone shouting for her to stop, but she ignored it.

Her footsteps rang in her hearing amidst the sounds of the rain as she darted at full speed, the narrow pathway soon widening into a large area surrounded by sheer and sharp cliffs that were numerous and rose and sharply dropped off at seeming random.

It looked like an old abandoned shrine of sorts, broken structures around the giant tree that had a large rope tied around it. Water pooled around the slightly raised platform the tree rested on in a loose lake, the ash-grey colored ground around it dipping enough for rain to gather and large rocks of random sizes were scattered around. Even the smallest dwarfed Heather.

In the center, near the tree and seemingly alone, was Ulric. His blazing red armor was easy to spot amongst the dreary coloring of the area.

She felt a scowl pull at her face, a gauntleted hand coming up and dragging her visor down over her face before she readied her sword and began briskly walking up to the faraway figure. All the while, her magic sparked and flared as countless spirit swords formed in the air around her in response to her emotions.

When she got close enough, the water reaching her ankles as she strode through the rain, Ulric spoke up. “I was wondering when you’d show, dearest daughter.”

At once, the swords all shifted in the air and pointed directly at the man as he turned to her, and his own helmet visor was up.

“Don’t you dare call me that, you despicable creature.” Heather snarled, eyes cold shards of unfeeling ice.

“You are my daughter, no matter what your mother would say on the matter.” His words sent her temper flaring and all at once the spirit swords shot towards him, every single one.

Some sort of blood-red barrier sprung up as the swords almost pierced his armor, sending them clanging away in a shower of sparks and Heather’s eyes narrowed.

“Blood magic. You truly are despicable, for a barrier to be that strong you’ve killed someone for their blood. Poor thing died for your own gain.” She narrowed her eyes at him, readying her sword. “I guess I’ll be doing this the old fashion way.”

“You don’t have to do this you know.” His tone was still insufferably calm and it sent her rage skyrocketing. “You can just lay down your sword and we can be a family, your mother is the only reason you didn’t grow up as the princess you deserve to be. You could stand at my side, we could take over the other kingdoms and you can still keep your own and I’d make sure none dare touch your dearest Galar.”

Were it any other man telling her this, she might have briefly considered it. But her mind flashed to that battlefield, to Acaeus,
his light being snuffed out in an instant-

“NO MATTER WHAT YOU OFFER ME I WILL NEVER ACCEPT!” She shrieked, lunging forward and Ulric’s sword met her own as she began to rapidly strike at him without pause or delay. “YOU TOOK THE ONLY THING THAT EVER MATTERED TO ME AND I WILL SEE YOU DEAD BEFORE I EVER CONSIDER SIDING WITH YOU!”

“Claude, the cult’s on the move, they’re going to do something.”

“I know that, why do you think I sent Ignatz and Marianne to follow those ridiculous twins? Utterly braindead they are, the cult’s taking advantage of them and that let their actions slip under the radar.”

“We need to do something, they have already stolen all the wishing stars in most places in galar, and we have no idea what they are planning to do on a large scale.”

“Shieon, you are correct as always, Flyby and I have spotted several members in the wild areas and gyms doing something, we haven’t ever been able to get close enough to see what they’re doing before they scatter to the winds. Any updates on Sylvain’s end?”

“None, last I knew he was in Kalos dealing with the cult members there, and had barely managed to save a girl by the name of Yunala from being killed not long ago, as it were, the poor girl had a binding ritual done on her before he got to her.”

Sothis damn it!

“If it helps any, the girl who was involved with the events in Unova and is the tamer of Zekrom is in Galar right now, as is the hybrid champion of Alola.”

“The mute girl, Lumi Shylie, and Megan Lucarina?”

“Yes.”

“Then gods help us if what the cult is going to do happens soon, we’re stretched thin as it is, but they might be able to help if they’re in the region.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

“So, what you’re telling me, is that the reason me and Alira have been having wacko dreams is that the Eternal Ones cult you dealt with back in your time is up to no good now?” Hop asked, feeling like his head was hurting from all the information Heather told him and even gripped at his head.

“Yes, the hatching of Enternatus was enough to stir my partial awakening within Alira.” She nodded. “And since you both tamed it, they are very likely unhappy with you two.” She frowned. “The energy of Galar has recently been disrupted, enough that my sword and Acaeus’ shield began calling you two here I think. I’m not sure as I’m very limited in what I can feel and observe within Alira when I’m not, like this.” She sighed as she motioned to herself. “My magical pathways are overriding her own, it’s the only way I’m able to talk like this and use my magic.”

She cringed. “However, this is not something I like doing, as I could easily suppress her indefinitely even on accident, and she…” Heather swallowed, a covered hand coming up to lightly press against her mouth, eyes watering. “She could see, and experience me at my darkest moments, my grief, my… attempts at joining Acaeus prior to my actual death.” She averted her eyes from Hop and quietly pleaded. “Please don’t make me say it.

Rocks smashed and crumbled beneath the force and power of the strikes Ulric and Heather were trading, magic of both pure and vile alight in the air and spinning wildly to their masters’ wishes and they darted around and clashed against each other again and again.

Heather fought in a blinding rage, sword clashing and clanging against Ulric’s with reckless abandon, and to his credit he was able to trade blows equally as powerful back that rattled her skull and reverberated through her arms.

Her chest was screaming for air, heart pounding so hard it was rattling against her ribs and her whole body was in pain but she kept up the ferociousness of her strikes regardless. She was going to make sure he was not breathing by the end of this, no matter what it cost her.

However, she slipped up, her foot caught on a muddy patch of ground and the woman found herself slipping, before Ulric’s boot collided with her breastplate and sent her flying back.

She crashed into the surrounding stone wall with a crack that were it not for her magic and armor she’d likely be dead now, leaving an indent in the rock as she struggled to get to her feet, he was approaching she HAD TO GET UP-

A sudden shout from a third party snapped her gaze up and she saw Claude now trading blows with Ulric, his sword a blur that even split into pieces and lashed out like a whip, forcing Ulric back as she saw a big blue blur skid to a stop in front of her, accompanied by a sandy orange and blue dragon.

Zacian was quick to pull her bond partner out of the rubble, grasping her by the back of her armor and lifting her out effortlessly as Flyby trilled with worry once the human was set down, Heather could feel Zacian’s anger at her rushing off on her own, but they had no time to linger on anything, they had to rejoin the battle and take this son of a bitch down.

In a flash of light two became one once again and she rushed to join Claude, Flyby right on her heels as she all but slammed into Ulric, sending he himself flying back and skidding on the ground, fighting to remain standing.

Claude merely nodded at her and they rushed the Kanto king, she striking rapidly and quickly and he struck with his sword-his wife’s sword Heather would later note- whenever she pulled back from a strike.

Eventually, it seemed they were overwhelming him and about to win when in a blink of blood-red he teleported away, making her let out an animalistic growl as she searched the area for wherever he had gone off to and soon spotted him up on a cliff above-

With a girl in his grasp. Though her hair was golden like the sun, she shared the same eyes Heather had from that man, and she looked terrified.

“Outsiders really shouldn’t meddle in family affairs.” Ulric stated flatly, giving Claude a look he scoffed at. “Especially when we are trying to reunite lost siblings together.”

“The hell are you going on about?” She asked, voices overlapping but harsh with anger and hatred. “Let the girl go. She has nothing to do with this.”

“She’s your sister, daughter. Youngest, though we are missing your elder.” He returned his gaze to her and she snarled. “After all, she was killed so long ago, but now that we’re all here she can come back.”

“You are an insane man.” Claude growled, eyes lit up in pale green and pupils slits. “You cannot bring someone back from the dead, not after so long. Unless-”

“He uses blood magic.” She replied, tail lashing and ears pinning back. “He used it earlier.”

“That’s even worse, with blood magic you know not what forces you are invoking!” He shouted, voice filled to the brim with anger and fury.

“If it brings her back and helps me take control of the nations that lead her to her demise what does it matter?” Ulric dismissed Claude with a snort. Then he began chanting in some sort of vile language and before the Kalos leader and Galar guardian could react-

He stabbed the girl he was holding onto through the heart, her blood beginning to float as the light faded from her eyes and she slumped to the ground, no longer needed as a vile spell took hold and began to spin around the Kanto king.

Celeste hummed to herself, checking her instruments set up on the rocks around her campsite, Knight settling down near the fire despite the corviknight’s size.

Daenerys trailed behind her, the snow-white ninetails’ fur glittering with ice as she followed her trainer as the woman checked her screens before frowning.

“This isn’t good. Dynamax energy in Galar is spiking randomly throughout the wild areas.” The golden-haired woman frowned, tucking her hair behind her ear as her amber eyes narrowed and she shoved her glasses back up her nose. “This is different from the normal readings, it’s getting to become dangerous, there will be random pokemon dynamaxing if this keeps up.”

Caspian trilled worriedly, the brown alolan raichu rubbing against her arm in concern and she idly reached over and rubbed him between his ears.

“Guess my research will become useful if this keeps up.” Celeste mused, concerned as she looked over at the box that held the fruits of her efforts and months of tinkering. “I haven’t even tested these yet, but if this gets worse I’ll soon need to field test them.”

Her dusknoir, Victor, picked one of the disruptors in his hand before handing it to her. Her frown remained as she turned it over in her hand, picking up a screwdriver with the other and began fiddling with it.

“I had hoped these wouldn’t be needed.” She sighed.

After Ulric used the girl’s blood and life force for his blood magic, it was all the kalos leader and Galar guardian could do to keep up with his strikes, Flyby long having been thrown against the cliff walls and knocked unconscious when she shielded her partner from a strike.

Claude was largely being shielded by the guardian as she blocked strikes and used magic to shield the both of them, the guardian living up to the title but the king didn’t forget to shield her as well, her right ear being a casualty of shielding each other as it was sliced in half so now blood flowed down the side of her head.

The two didn’t know how much longer they could hold out against this ruthless onslaught, against this man crazed by blood magic, and whatever demon had taken hold of him.

As she and Claude managed to block a strike, Ulric pausing only for a fraction of a second, a blue, gold, and red blur SLAMMED into the Kanto king, sending him flying as the figure growled viciously in his direction as it slid to a stop.

“Zen!” She cried out, it was Zamazenta, he was in his royal form somehow, and he looked furious but the most startling thing was he had blood pouring down the side of his head, his left ear sliced in half and fur stained dark red as a result.

We have to take him down quickly!” Zamazenta shouted, the guardian nodding at his words as she readied her sword, eyes narrowing.

She lunged for Ulric, sword clashing against his once more but Zamazenta rushed him again, slamming into the king and sending him flying.

Claude’s sword whipped out, wrapping around the middle of the man before slamming him into the ground. She felt her magic pool into her sword, and rushed forward as the man tried to stagger to his feet.

Her slash split his chest plate open, not hurting him somehow, and he was flung back, only Claude’s sword wrapped around his middle yanking him from going flying.

Zamazenta slid to a stop by Her, form glowing as he shouted. “
This is it you two! Take him down!” She felt some sort of energy transfer from him to her, her sword glowing brightly in response.

She didn’t register the implications of his actions, she was still blinded by rage how could she have KNOWN-

She only paused enough to nod to Zamazenta, before leaping into the air, sword glowing brightly and seemingly becoming larger before she slashed down, the blade of light sailing right for the king of Kanto.

He was not breathing by the time she landed, him laying in a pool of his own blood and very much dead. She felt a huge weight leave her shoulders, almost staggering in place as she leaned on her sword.

“Z-Zen! We did it!” Her mixed voice was a breathless laugh of relief as she shouted excitedly. “He’s dead! The kind of Kanto is dead!”

Silence answered her, a dreadful feeling taking hold of her heart, and she turned as Claude yelled. “Hey, you two get over here!”

She rushed over to where Claude was kneeling, and, Zamazenta was lying on the ground, back in his normal form, breathing shallow and bleeding from numerous slashes and wounds, his ear being a notable one.

Good job, you two...” His voice, even not being vocal, sounded so… frail and weak, even as he gave a weak grin. “You finally killed the one who had taken one of our dearest friends away, and perhaps saved the many other kingdoms as well.

Why did the beating of her chest feel almost painful now? Why did it feel like... he was saying goodbye?

“H-Hold on Zen, we, we can fix this.” The guardian’s hands shook as she dropped to her knees, sword falling with a clatter, resting her hands on his matted fur. The combined being dug into her energy, trying to summon forth enough to save her brother-

“Zacia.” Claude rested his hand on her shoulder. “Feel his energy, he gave all of it to help us kill Ulric, I don’t think there’s much we can do.”

“I-WE can do something!” Her ears flattened against her head, tail lashing as tears pooled in her eyes. “I-We lost Acaeus, we, we can’t lose you too!”

Not without sacrificing yourselves in return.” Zamazenta gently reminded her, eyes lidded as she felt his energy slipping away. “You needn’t worry, I’ll just sleep for a long while, then I’ll be back before you know it.

“But I need you! I-I don’t know what I’d do without you!” Zacian’s voice was more prominent than Heather’s as she cried out. “I-I don’t want to be alone, please, Zen, please…!” She began sobbing, tears flowing down behind her visor and dropping to mix with the rain below.

You’ll be just fine, both of you. You’re both stronger and so much more than anyone who’d dare harm you.” His voice was so much weaker now and he let his head rest on the ground. “Remember the place all four of us chose to be not only our resting place?

She shakily nodded, and he continued. “
That is also where we will reunite, all of us, all four of us. I promise.” He then closed his eyes, and she could feel what energy he still had grow… Cold. Stasis, Markus said that would happen if they were close to death, it would save them, but in return-

She reared her head back and let out a loud howl of pain and sorrow, soon sobbing into Claude’s chest as he was quick to pull her close.

...In return, they would likely need to sleep for hundreds of years to heal the damage done to not only their bodies, but their souls.

Lumi found herself sighing as she left the airport, backpack thumping against her back as she walked out of the building into what she knew was Motostoke of Galar.

The mute young lady shifted her backpack before beginning to head for the hotel she had booked a room at. Her surperior slithered alongside her, Visi almost silent as she faithfully followed her trainer.

She could feel Visi’s nervousness at being in a new region, one she herself shared, but Lumi needed a change of pace. Wandering looking for N could only take her so far on the mainland. Perhaps with Reshiram he was exploring one of the island regions?

She could still remember the last time she saw him years ago. Grey eyes so sad and downcast, voice asking What should I do? His soul was hurting so deeply and she could feel it through the connection, a final embrace before he flew away on the white dragon of fire, and the connection snapped. She… She had to find him, even if it had been so long since that day, she wanted to see him again.

She sighed and shook her head, shaking thoughts of him out of her head, later, later, she had to find the inn before planning her next move. Lumi felt Visi chastising her through the bond and leveled a good-natured dry look at the snake pokemon.

Visi grumbled audibly, tone distinctly teasingly and Lumi let out a noiseless puff of amused air.

“HEATHER!” Arms wrapped around the woman’s middle, yanking her back from her seated position on the railing of the balcony. To Heather’s credit, she hardly made a sound as she was pulled into a standing position, only a puff of air escaping her.

Her gaze sluggishly trailed to peer over her shoulder, seeing the panicked expression on Claude’s features. Faintly she wanted to assure him she was fine, she always was fine as she tended to say, but she couldn’t bring herself to speak. She hadn’t been able to do so for months now…

“Sothis damn it, Heather, you could’ve fallen!” He scolded her, but there was an underlying note of panic and fright in his tone.

She still couldn’t speak, instead sliding her gaze back to gaze upon the stars like she had been before he showed up as she managed a shrug.

It was her and Acaeus’ favorite pastime during the nights there were no clouds, they’d sneak out of their rooms and go to the highest balcony they knew off to stargaze, Zacian and Zamazenta often joining them.

Now, with him and Zen gone, and the war over, she still kept doing that, even if Zacian didn’t often join her, the sword pokemon off tending to the parts of Galar damaged during the conflict as best she could, and Heather… Tended to have questionable choices in where she sat now.

Claude held her tighter to himself as she remained silent, thankful he had his boltund follow her and then come to him when she had climbed onto the railing to stargaze.

Ever since the war ended, Heather was hardly seen, a recluse and seemingly unable to speak now, and was often sleeping the days away, while Zacian seemed to throw herself headfirst into working to repair the damage to Galar to not give herself any time to grieve.

He had to do something, he wasn’t going to let Heather get herself killed because she didn’t care anymore. He already let two of the closest people he had down by letting them die, he was not going to do the same to the last friend he had.

Yunala peered out of the helicopter as she saw the wall of harsh weather surrounding Galar approach, hearing the pilot shout back to her. “Hey lady, this is as far as I can take you! My ‘copter can’t take the weather in there!”

“That’s quite alright, my good sir!” She shouted back, grasping a pokeball from her belt. “You’ve done your job, I’ll take it from here!”

“What do you-HOLY SHIT!” The pilot shouted as she simply stepped out of the helicopter and fell into a free fall.

For a few moments, she let herself fall, savoring the feeling of air rushing past her and just falling, before she threw the pokeball, calling out into the air rushing past her. “SUVI!”

Her flygon popped out of her pokeball, quickly flying down and angling herself so her trainer could grasp onto her, as soon as Yunala made sure she had a firm hold on Suvi’s neck, the pokemon pulled up.

Suvi leveled out, letting her trainer adjust how she was sat on her back, waiting for the okay before roaring and flying forward into the storms ahead. Yunala quickly released Noire from her ball as well, the dragonair quickly falling into line beside the flygon.

Never hurt to be careful and have a backup in case she got knocked off by a gust of wind or something.

Heather’s fingers glided across the piano keys with ease, a mournful tune playing out in the silent evening air.

Zacian was curled up to the left, listening as she rested. Claude’s boltund sat near her, along with several of the other palace pokemon clustered around her.

Claude was watching her from the entrance to the room, thinking to himself with a heavily troubled expression. Flyby hung by his side, trilling softly at Claude to try to help calm him down.

Heather didn’t seem to hear or realize he was there, as she began to hum, then sing.

“I will never leave you to face the world alone, this I swear, to you, I shall always be by your side, forever more.” Her voice was not loud at all, it was almost inaudible with how soft it was, and her fingers played without pause. “I shall never abandon you, I will always be by your side~”

She stopped playing all of a sudden, slamming her hands onto the keys, the piano making harsh sounds as her shoulders shook. “But I couldn’t even keep that vow and promise, could I?”

Claude stepped out from the entrance, approaching her as she shook, a sob escaping her.

“Three months.” She hissed out between sobs and gritted teeth and turned slightly to Claude as he approached. “Three months, that’s all I have left. Until my advisors will force a marriage on me.”

“Indeed, and I only two.” Claude sighed, sitting down next to her. “It’s rather, hm, cruel to force us in mourning to marry when we are still grieving.”

“It’s HEARTLESS.” She spat, still shaking even as he put an arm around her. “I don't care if I’m a ruler, I shouldn’t be forced to move on when I’m still grieving. Neither should you.”

“Indeed, but we have no choice in the matter, not if we are to act in the best interests of our kingdoms.” He sighed again, then fell silent as she leaned against him. “Heather…”

“I don’t know what to do.” Her voice was a weak whisper.

Claude stayed silent for a few moments, before grasping her left hand and slipping something onto her ring finger.

She looked down, seeing a silver ring on her ring finger. Before she could question his actions, he spoke.

“Neither of us have much of a choice, we must remarry.” His voice was soft. “The only thing we can do beside accept it, is this. There are no laws preventing us from marrying each other, and we know better than anyone how we currently both feel.”

He finally met her gaze, gaze mournful and full of regret. “This is the only we can do, only thing, I can do… Heather, will you marry me?”

She stared for a moment, then hugged him tightly and nodded against his chest.

Just, so they could mourn as long as they needed, it was the only way they could avoid from being forced to marrying complete strangers who only cared for their status and power.

At least, that was how it started anyway...

Just as Hop was going to ask Heather another question, she suddenly stood ramrod straight, an unsettled look on her expression.

“...Rekezfa!” She swore, making Hop jump at the unfamiliar swear and dare he say she looked a bit panicked. “Alira, she,” Heather grimaced. “I can tell generally what memories of mine she seems to be seeing, and,”

Heather looked like she was going to be sick and Hop stepped forward in alarm. “I’m not going to linger anymore, I can’t, she’ll, see when I threw myself into the, the-” she shook her head. “I’m not going to let her see that. I won’t.” Her voice hardened at that. “Goodbye Hop Cadeyrn.”

“Heather-” Hop had to rush forward when she suddenly collapsed, catching Alira as the magic markings were quick to fade away as if they’d never been.

She seemed to be just coming to now, eyes blinking open blearily. “Hop…?”

“Is everything in place?”

“Yes, with those two acting in our stead, no one knows or suspects us. By the time anyone wises up, it’ll be too late.”

“Hehehe… After all this time, so many years, and those vile rulers taking our god, we will make them pay. They will rue the day they crossed us.”

(AN: FINALLY THIS IS DONE! :D I'm so happy this is finally out of the way, I'm gonna get right to work on the next chapter right away! ^W^ )

Last edited:
Chapter 10: Chaos

Alira

Galarian adventurer!
Pronouns
She/her
Chapter 10: Chaos
(Themes for this chapter: Incertus, His Theme(Remastered) and Inevitabilis (coldwave/gothic post-punk remix))

“Fuuck what train hit my damn head…?” Alira groaned, bracing herself on Hop’s arms as she tried to plant her feet on the ground, attempting to stand. However she couldn’t keep her legs stable and they buckled, almost making her fall if Hop didn’t already have his arms around her.

Shit-Easy there, mate!” Hop yelped as he caught her, almost knocking heads with her in the process, however it seemed it was his words that made her whip her head around to look at him in surprise.

“...Did you just swear?” Her voice was adorably bemused, expression full of confusion, and were Hop not concerned that she may have a concussion he would straight up call it cute.

“Yeah, I do it on occasion. Especially when my best friend throws me down a hall so I don’t get caught on the collapsing floor.” Hop deadpanned, doing his best to check Alira over while holding her upright. “You alright? Any nicks or scraps or such?”

“Aside from the goose egg trying to force its way out of my skull, no.” She sighed, lifting a hand to the side of her head. “That rock hit me pretty bad.” She hissed as she touched where the rock hit her. “Faaaack, is it bleeding?”

Hop frowned, shifting her as best he could to look, grimacing as he lifted a hand to tentatively touch the very red spot on her head. His fingers came away partially wet, making his stomach flip as he quickly inhaled a breath.

“Best I can tell, mate, is it definitely bled, but the blood’s, erugh, thinned a bit, and you don’t have any blood leaking down your head.” He admittedly knew some first aid, but not a lot about head injuries. But it did seem that the wound stopped bleeding.

“That’s a relief.” She sighed, then braced herself on his shoulders again. “Could you help me see if I can stand?”

“Just be careful mate, no need to rush.” He was concerned she’d force herself to stand even if she really couldn’t, so he watched her carefully as she planted her feet firmly on the ground and kept his arms loosely around her as she shifted her weight back onto her own feet.

After a moment she stepped back from him and seemed to be able to stand normally, sighing once again in relief as she dusted off her clothes. “Well, it seems Heather, ah, healed my head injury as best she could, it’s not as bad as before, I think.”

“Makes sense, I mean, she doesn’t seem the type to leave you in pain if she could do something.” He scratched at his head, watching as she then frowned and looked at Hop with a worried look.

“Hop… What happened, what I saw…” she brought a hand up to lightly bite on her nails, looking close to tears. “The things Heather went through, if I wasn’t, her, while seeing any of that I couldn’t even begin to comprehend the sheer grief and anguish and hell on earth she went through…”

If she was going to say more, the sound of howls and rapid footsteps above them, from the hole they came down from, resounding made the nineteen-year-olds look up, as well as Corviknight.

“…Oh hell-GET OUT OF THE WAY!” Alira shrieked, she and Hop bolted out from under the opening of the hole above them, Corviknight swiftly flying out of the way as well in time for two very much large and big figures to land near where they stood.

The very figures of the guardians of Galar they saw as the dust cloud settled, the two legendary dogs looking around as if in a panic before spotting the two, sprawled on the ground due to falling over as a result of how hard the pokemon landed, but were generally fine.

Alira!” Zacian shouted, the unfamiliar voice ringing in Alira’s mind as the pokemon scrambled over to her as she sat up.

“Hey Zacian-” Alira yelped as she found the pokemon nosing and sniffing at her, prompting her to put a hand on Zacian’s snout to try to push it back, not sure if she should be touched by how concerned the guardian was or giggle at how insistently she was checking her over. “Oi oi-I’m fine! Really I’m fine! Got a bump on the head but I should be fine by now.”

You smell of blood.” Zacian huffed, mental voice deadpan as she gave a flat look at Alira which the girl returned.

“Again, a rock hit my head and it bled, but I’m fine now.” Alira shook her head, wincing at the stinging in her head that resulted.

Hop’s fine!” Zamazenta called over to Zacian, with him picking up Hop by the back of his jacket to set him on his feet while the young man in question had a bemused look on his face.

Corviknight squawked and was quick to land beside his trainer when he was set down, making Hop laugh as he patted the large knight bird on the side.

Zacian finally backed off, letting Alira grab onto one of her ribbons to pull herself to her feet.

“...Do you two have some sort of connection with me and Hop like with Heather and Acaeus, or were you just in the neighborhood when I fell.” Alira squinted at Zacian, not out of suspicion but curiosity, not wasting any time in wondering how they got there. “Cause, well, I’m not sure why else you’d be here.” She scratched at the back of her head awkwardly as she finished her sentence.

Surprisingly, it’s Zamazenta who answered first. “No, we, we haven’t had that sort of connection with you two for, centuries.” He physically sighed and Hop reached up, patting him on the head and earning a tired but thankful look.

We do have connections with Wingris and Kinsgrir, that’s how we knew you were both in the castle.” Zacian clarified, ear twitching for a moment as she then leveled a look at Alira. “Granted Wingris is broken currently, I had enough of a connection to it to be able to tell you were in the castle.

Alira’s eyebrows raised in surprise, almost reaching back to pull what she had of the Rusted sword-well, Wingris as it was called- out of her backpack.

“Fair enough.” Alira sighed, not in the mood to question it and more concerned with the ominous feeling gripping at her heart. “There’s something else more important to talk about anyway.”

“Yeah.” Hop nodded, looking over at her. “I’m not sure if you know what she told me Alli, but I’ll tell you anyway.”

____________________________________​

Celeste felt her hair whipping around her as she flew to Hammerlocke on Knight’s back, the bird easily avoiding wind currents and gusts that would take them off course as the two hurried to Hammerlocke.

Her energy reader she had strapped to his side was going haywire, beeping and warning sounds blaring as dynamax energy levels were rising rapidly and spiking into danger zones and she felt her expression pinch as she looked at the small screen she had installed in the saddle she was on.

“It’s everywhere, all over the wild zones, Motostoke’s Stadium...” She spoke mainly to herself, expression contorted in worry. “The stadium in Hammerlocke, I’m getting massive readings there too.” She felt a chill run down her back at that, the readings were spiking much more from Hammerlocke. “Knight if you can, FLOOR IT!”

The corviknight squawked before tilting into a nosedive to pick up speed, leveling out before they could collide with anything after a moment, and Celeste saw Hammerlocke swiftly approaching.

She HAD to get there, the readings were going crazy and if something wasn’t already occurring there, it would soon.

Leon felt a major headache coming on as he navigated the streets of Motostoke, trying to find the police station.

He had gotten a call from the sheriff of Motostoke’s police force, saying that former Chairman Rose was asking for him, said he had something to tell him and it was urgent he get there as soon as possible.

Though Leon really did not want anything to do with the Chairman after what he did last year, he supposed he could hear the man out.

However, his sense of direction was failing him and Leon found himself frustratedly grabbing some of his hair and yanking on it as he found himself lost.

He began looking for street signs to help navigate back to where he was, when he heard a “HEEEEEY!” from above.

He looked up and an overjoyed grin overtook his features as he spotted the familiar figures of not only two of one of his best friend’s pokemon, but the woman in question.

YUNA!” He shouted, waving so vigorously he was all but jumping in excitement as she waved from the back of her flygon Suvi. Noire was flying below the flygon, the dragonair still having not evolved yet it seemed.

“Leon!” She shouted back, and it wasn’t long before Suvi tilted into a nosedive, only pulling up enough to not crash into the ground as she slowed before landing with a rumble.

Her rider didn’t hesitate to jump off her back once she landed, Yuna barely giving Leon time to say hello before she tackle-hugged him, the man laughing as he returned the hug just as tightly.

“It’s so good to see you again Yuna!” He grinned as they let go of each other, seeing the beam on the shorter woman’s features as she fiddled with her braid.

“It’s good to see you too, Le-lee.” She giggled, Noire landing beside her without making the ground rumble.

It was then he noticed the strange, almost vine like mystical tattoos on her face, purple in color. She didn’t have them in the latest showcase she did.

“Nice tattoos you got Yuna, is that why you decided to take a break from the showcase?” He asked, watching as she averted her gaze from him, Yunala wilting a little as she frowned.

“...In a manner of speaking.” She replied softly, sighing before shaking her head and clearing her throat. “Anyway, what’re you doing in this part of Motostoke?”

Leon narrowed his eyes at her changing the topic, however, he resolved to ask her in private, not out in the streets. “Trying to find the police station,” He scratched at the back of his head. “Apparently Rose wants to talk to me and says it’s important.”

“And you got lost as a result.” She summarized and he nodded sheepishly, making her giggle. “C’mon you big goof, I know where it is.”

She offered him her arm and he didn’t hesitate to link his arm with hers, Yunala soon tugging him along with her pokemon following right behind them.

“My best bet is, the cult’s done something to the energy of Galar that led the sword and shield to start calling us here.” Hop finished. “Though, why they would call us here I’m not very certain on.”

“The other half of Wingris.” Alira said immediately, surprising herself with how quick she was to answer. “It was broken somehow, which weakened its connection to Zacian, and if the cult is back, we’ll probably want it repaired.” Her hand flew up to her head as a spike of pain shot through her skull. “Damnit, I really wish whatever is causing this would cut that shit out.” She shook her head.

It is a fair guess, even I don’t know how it was broken, only that it was after Heather presumably sent that part you hold to me.” Zacian hummed, looking mildly troubled. “Only problem is...” She trailed off, looking to the side.

“The fact the other half is in that burn mark, and whoever steps in it gets bombarded with Heather’s memories.” Alira sighed, only to jump when Zacian’s head snapped back to look at her.

What? No, there’s some sort of barrier around it preventing us from getting it.” Zacian sounded confused. “We can’t step even one foot on it without slamming into the barrier.

“No? Alira was able to step on the burn mark just fine, almost collapsed cause of what she said.” Hop furrowed his brows.

...It would seem Alira is the only one able to get passed the barrier.” Zamazenta mused after a moment, tail swishing uneasily.

“Well, then I’ll get it.” Alira ignored the looks she got from the two pokemon and her best friend. “We just need to get back up there.”

She was uneasy about it, she was not going to deny it, but if there was some sort of danger, if the cult was really up to something severe enough for Wingris and Kinsgir to call them to the old castle, she needed to get the missing piece of the sword.

“...And this is Hammerlocke’s stadium!” Raihan sweeped his arm out in front of him, looking back at Megan and Diancye, delighted to find they looked awestruck as they walked out onto the pitch.

“Hoooly heck, this is huge!” Megan got out after a moment, looking around. “Luna and Kirito could be let out and there would still be so much room to spare!”

“Luna and Kirito?” Raihan couldn’t help but be curious about those names, he knew the names of her team, Lura the Lurantis, Kalyna the gardevoir, Greninja, Frisky the Alolan Raichu, and Shira the rare colored umbreon, but those two were not ones he recognized.

Megan suddenly looked like she wanted to hide in the nearest hole, clearly not meaning to say what she did. “Um...” She grasped at the masterballs on her necklace, glancing around cautiously to make sure no one else was around, once she did so she said. “Can you make sure this doesn’t leave this stadium?”

“Sure?” He was a tad confused why she was worried, she was Alola’s champion, but he was genuinely curious.

“Okay then, come on out you two!” She tugged the master balls off the necklace before throwing them, the pokemon inside coming out without delay.

One hit the ground with enough force to make the ground rumble, while the other stayed in the air, and the faces of one lunar bat pokemon and sun lion stared down at the three humans.

A Lunala and Solgaleo. Though they looked slightly different than the pictures from the legends. Instead of gold parts on the lunala’s wings they were silver, the lunala’s eyes blue as well instead of pink. And the blue part of the Solgaleo’s face was half sunrise purple, the eye on that side also corresponding with it.

“Meet Luna,” Megan gestured to the lunala then the solgaleo as Raihan gaped. “And Kirito. Two old friends of mine who’ve been with me since my early days as a trainer.”

The two legendary pokemon nodded, and Megan fiddled with her other pokeballs. “May I let out the rest of my team so they can stretch their legs? I haven’t let them out since I got on the poke-plane to get here.”

“Yeah, yeah of course!” Raihan snapped out of his stupor to spin and regard the woman with a amazed look. As she began to let them out, he couldn’t help but ramble excitedly. “I never knew you had the legendary pokemon of Alola at your side!”

“I don’t usually tell anyone, though I’m not sure if they are the ones from legends or children of them.” She giggled, shrugging. “I’m worried bad organizations might try to take them or hurt them, so I don’t normally tell anyone I have them. So please don’t say anything?”

As she finished talking, she let out the last of her pokemon, Greninja, who regarded her with a very fond and loving look as he looked over at her, which had her blushing slightly before Diancye bounded over, chattering in pokespeak which he readily began responding to as she fully turned to Raihan now.

“Don’t worry, not gonna say a word!” He grinned. “Our own champion has Eternatus after all, but it’s not too odd you don’t want everybody and their herdiers to know you’ve got those two.”

Celeste felt a very dragon-like hiss escape her as the levels at Hammerlocke stadium continued to spike even higher, threatening to dynamax any possible pokemon in there as it kept rising according to her scanners.

Why didn’t I tell Sonia to put some of her dynamax sensors in the bloody stadiums?” She groaned. “Sure people dynamax there all the bloody time but at least these sorts of spikes would be detected much earlier and I wouldn’t need to race to the stadiums.”

Knight squawked at her and she sighed, patting his head as they were coming up on the stadium in question. Right as she began hearing the shrill shrieking of the scanner telling her it was getting dangerously high.

By the pits of the seven Hells!” She cursed. “Knight go into a nosedive as soon as we’re in range, if anyone is in there they’re in danger!”

Leon let his gaze narrow as he and Yunala turned the corner of the police station, seeing the former chairman sat in his cell, sat on his bed with his chin in his hand and eyes shut.

“He’s right there.” the guard who had led them to the cell pointed with his thumb. “Not sure what he so desperately needs you to know before his trial, but give me a holler when you’re done.”

“Right.” Leon nodded at him, steeling himself and squaring his shoulders before approaching the cell as the guard walked back to his station. Yunala still by his side, refusing to leave but he found he didn’t mind.

“Rose.” The man in question jumped at the sound of Leon’s voice, leaping to his feet and turning to the two.

He looked haggard, his once well-kempt hair messy and overgrown as was his beard, and looked like he hadn’t slept well. Even so, he still held himself with some of the poise he had before.

“Leon, thank god you came.” He glanced over to Yunala and looked shocked for a moment. “Miss Cestina?”

She dipped her head in a small bow, but said nothing and he continued after a moment. “I wasn’t aware you returned to Galar, at a rather bad time too.” He grimaced.

“What did you want Rose?” Leon crossed his arms as he spoke, directing the topic back to whatever Rose wanted. “And what the hell do you mean by that?”

“Right, right right right.” Rose began to pace, nervous energy radiating off him. ”Sorry if I’m not coherent or am a mess, been dealing with, my own demons and nightmares.” He trailed off into mumbling before he waved his hand. “Regardless I called you here, because there’s something you need to know, or all of Galar could be in danger.”

Again you mean?” Leon said flatly, watching as Rose winced.

“Yes, I am truly sorry for what I did, I, was doing what I thought was right. What they told me I had to do, and it was only after Alira defeated me that I realized what I truly was doing.” He cleared his throat, stopping pacing and looking directly at Leon steadily. “I need you to know that while most of my actions were my own choice I was, aided by a secret group, one which I know to be plotting something else that they plan to set in motion sometime soon.”

“...Go on.” Leon wasn’t sure if Rose was telling the truth, but the look he had in his eyes, it reminded him of when he first met the chairman after his father died and Rose had to take his place at a young age, only two years after Leon became a trainer and one after he defeated the old champion, Rose only just having turned eighteen and Leon set to turn twenty the month after they met.

He had changed in recent years, becoming different from the man Leon once knew, but right there, he saw his old friend again and was willing to hear him out.

“Are you sure about this Alli? You remember what happened last time.” Hop asked Alira worriedly as she dismounted Corviknight after he did and he returned the pokemon to his ball, the duo having flown back up the hole they fell down with Zacian and Zamazenta soon following and flew out of the castle back to the burn mark.

“Yes, I’m the only one who can, and I’m not going to let the Eternal Ones threaten Galar like they did before. They caused the hatching of Eternatus, I’m sure of it.” Alira said, determined as she pulled the rusted sword from her bag and she marched over to the scorch mark, only stopping when Hop grabbed her by the arm.

He quickly pulled her into a tight hug, one she readily returned just as tightly. “Please, please be careful then, don’t…” He tightened his grip on her. “Don’t let yourself lose to Heather’s memories, please.”

“I won’t.” She promised, meaning it with every fiber of her being. She refused to leave him, she absolutely would not leave him and would fight to make sure she didn’t. She hugged him for a few more moments before letting him go and he let go reluctantly.

She nodded at him, then turned and before she could hesitate, walked to the scorch mark and took her first step onto the black ground.

Immediately memories began to bombard her, though unlike before she remained standing with a grimace on her features. This time, unlike before, the memories were more clear and not a random assortment of feelings or thoughts.

Water was all around, she couldn’t breathe she was dying- suddenly arms wrapped around her and pulled to the surface. Ground against her back, air she could breathe, Claude looking down at her and screaming “Heather why?!”

She found herself tearing up, uttering. “Why should I live when I was the reason Acaeus died…?”

“Damn it Heather, Acaeus wouldn’t blame you for that! I don’t either! I love you for Sothis’ sake!” Before she could respond, he kissed her, different from their wedding day and full of love-

Alira gritted her teeth, trying to see past the events playing out in her vision, and took a step, then three more. Just a few more steps, c’mon….!

“Are you sure about this, Heather?” Claude asked as she helped their daughter up onto Zacian’s back in front of him, the moon was full in the night skies as she checked the saddle and bags on Zacian’s back.

“Yes, I’ll hold the cult off long enough for you two to escape and I’ll wipe the rest of the out, then I’ll follow suit and join you in Kalos.” She smiled up at the two. It was a lie, she knew it was, she just needed to make sure they survived. What happened to her didn’t matter, as long as the three she loved were safe…

Take one more step, c’mon, you can do this Alira, just keep walking.

“If you say so.” Claude was oblivious it seemed as he returned the smile.

“Now you listen, Alira.” She addressed her daughter next, looking into the mismatched gaze she bore as she reached up, grasping her hands in her own. “Don’t cause too much mischief for your dad and Zacia, will you? Your dad’s getting old-” She ignored the indignant squawk that left her husband and continued with a grin. “And Zacia’s got a lot on her plate, so behave for your mom, okay?”

“Okay, mommy!” The young girl grinned and nodded. “I’ll see you in daddy’s castle in Kaa-los, love you!”

She felt her heart pull painfully at that but smiled and nodded. “I love you too, and that goes to all three of you.” She stepped back. “Now get going before they realize you’re gone!”

Keep. Walking. You’re still Alira, despite what you’re seeing, you’re still you.

Heather was in so much pain, blood seeping from so many wounds and injuries, and was leaning on her sword to remain standing, but she had more than made up for the injuries with how many cult members she had killed in return for the wounds they made, trying to steal not only her heart but her soul as well. To reawaken their god, Eternatus, from the slumber she and Acaeus forced it back into.

She refused to let that happen, at any cost.

She checked the bond she shared with Zacian, feeling the pokemon had just left the lands of Galar, and so she stood up straight. Body protesting at the movements, but she still stood as her binding marks lit up with light.

Soon, she began to sing, magic coating her words. “I don’t want to leave just yet, I don’t want to die like this, I don’t want it like with my dear Ace, I want a second chance for us both.”

Powerful magic began to pull to Heather at her command, not only the magic of the moon and stars, but also calling upon Arceus for aid.

You promised Hop, don’t let him down, keep walking, just two more steps, you’re so close.

“They won't take my soul, I will not let them. I will make sure that nothing takes my own life, but my own hand. At least then my fate and soul is safe guarded…” she brought her sword up, pointing the end of the blade right over her heart even as she let the tears fall while quietly admitting and pleading. “I don't want it like this, I demand a second chance. A second life. That's all I desire. For me and Acaeus, that is my only wish.”

Then, quickly before she could stop herself, she drove the blade right through her heart.

Her spell took hold then as she died, wrapping around the entirety of the lands of Galar, taking it from its original location of being Kalos’ neighbor, and to a part of the globe none had yet traveled to. And all members of the Eternal Ones on her land perished, as by her spell’s design.

As well as ensure that, one day, she would reunite with the man she loved so dearly. Even if she no longer was herself or looked the same.

One. More. Step. The other half of Wingris is within reach.

Alira took a deep breath in, steadying herself and reminding herself she was still Alira Megan Lily Shinka, not Heather Reus Eisner, before taking the next step quickly.

She bent down and picked up the other half of the sword, it soon began to glow along with the other half in her grasp before they both floated out of her hands. She felt a warm feeling ignite within her soul, strange but intricate markings flaring to life on her hands, her own magical pathways she vaguely recognized as she reached out to the sword as the broken pieces aligned together.

She grasped it’s hilt, magic pulsing and flaring all around her as the blade seemed to be reforged before her eyes, the two halves becoming one without a sign it was ever broken to begin with, becoming new as if it was just out of the forge without any rust or grime, and the inscription on it finally becoming complete and clear.

Guardian of our legacy, it said.

She felt the memories bombarding her stop and she was finally able to breathe and think clearly, the magic markings that had flared to life fading away into her skin, as she turned to Hop and the two guardian pokemon.

She grinned a little and held the sword up proudly. “Got it!”

Zacian and Zamazenta’s bodies sagged with relief as Hop let out the breath he had been holding in, quickly rushing over to her as she stepped out of the scorch mark.

Alira let out a oof as Hop almost tackle-hugged her hard enough she was knocked off her feet, planting a foot behind her as she hugged back.

“It’s finally fixed!” Hop grinned as he let go of her, peering at the sword in awe. “It looks like it’s been completely remade.”

“I think it was?” Alira tested the weight of it in her hands, it felt lighter than it did in Heather’s memories and the guard was different too.

You’ve reforged it by your own hand and magic it seems,” Zacian said as she walked over, peering at it. “It’s almost completely different from before.

It almost doesn’t seem like the name, Wingris, wind’s grace, fits it anymore after being reforged.” Zamazenta hummed. “Do you want to give it a new name?

Alira hummed, looking down at the sword thoughtfully, did she have the right to rename Heather’s sword like this? She did already reforge it to where it looked almost nothing like the original one from Heather’s memories.

“Heavensward.” she said after a moment. “I think that fits?” They were on a timer and the clock was ticking, but that did seem like it fit better than the old name.

A fine name I’d say.” Zamazenta seemed to grin. “Now, we’d best get going before anything happens!

“Right!” Hop nodded, before staring in shock as Zamazenta knelt down a bit as if to let him on his back.

It’ll be quicker.” Zacian explained as she did the same for Alira. “And we don’t mind as well.

Alira and Hop blinked before hesitantly nodding, Hop climbing up on Zamazenta’s back while Alira did the same with Zacian.

Soon the two pokemon leaped up into the air and began running on the air in the direction of the main body of Galar.

Celeste had to grip the saddle tightly in her hands as Knight tilted into a steep nosedive, as she felt the force of the wind trying to push her off and as she entered the stadium it was hard to breathe, the air thick with dynamax energy enough to almost make her choke.

As it were she got out a ragged cough as Knight pulled up, struggling to come to a stop as she spotted several pokemon in the stadium, two rather large ones as well, as well as two people and a child.

“Oi! Oi!” She shouted, waving her arms wildly as the three humans looked in her direction and she quickly directed Knight to veer over to them, jumping off him before he even remotely got close to the ground.

By that point she recognized one of the people being her old friend Raihan, who yelped loudly and released one of his pokemon, that pokemon being his flygon who quickly caught her and got to the ground safely.

“Cel, are you bloody insane?!” Raihan shouted as he ran over after she jumped off the dragon pokemon's back.

“I’ve done that before and I’ve been right as rain Raihan!” She shot back. “But now is NOT the time to bicker, you all need to get the hell off the pitch NOW!”

“What do you mean by that?” The woman asked as she ran up to Celeste and Raihan, the child Celeste saw clinging to the back of her mother’s legs.

“I mean if you all don’t get your pokemon off the pitch right this second someone is going to uncontrollably dynamax so get all your pokemon back in their balls!” Celeste felt her skin crawling as the energy spiked around them, Raihan and this woman couldn’t seem to feel it but Celeste did and she felt herself go pale.

Raihan looked confused, but the woman seemed to understand the urgency and quickly began to return her pokemon to their balls in a hurry, returning the two that had master balls as theirs first, a weird lunar bat and sun lion.

Raihan quickly followed suit and returned his flygon to his ball as did Celeste, and the woman had returned all but one of her pokemon to their balls, a lurantis, the ground suddenly rumbled.

Red electricity sparked and ran across the field rapidly as the humans fell over due to the strength of the tremor, the lurantis tipping over onto her knees as the dynamax energy collected around the grass pokemon.

“Lura!” The woman shouted, scrambling to grab the ball for the pokemon in question as the pokemon let out a shrill worried trill as the energy continued to collect around her as she stood-

Suddenly the energy snapped and it was only mere moments before Lura was surrounded in a red glow, then suddenly the ground rumbled as the lurantis was suddenly several hundred feet bigger than before, and looking very panicked.

...Fuck.” Celeste let out, eyes wide as she took in the situation they were now in.

Chapter 11: Till it’s over (part one)

Alira

Galarian adventurer!
Pronouns
She/her
Chapter 11 Till it's over (part one)

Alira would be lying if she said she wasn’t having the absolute time of her life despite the situation, even with them rushing back to the main body of Galar to prevent whatever the Eternal Ones were plotting, the air rushing by her and the feeling of near weightlessness had her giddy.

“You look like you’re enjoying yourself Alli!” Hop called to her, laughing while she turned and regarded him with a absolutely joyful expression.

“Of course I am Hoppy!” She giggled. “I’ve always wanted to fly so this is a dream come true!”

Well you better hold on little one!” Zacian laughed before swiftly picking up speed, Alira shrieking with laughter and digging her hands into Zacian’s fur to hold on better.

Zamazenta soon did the same to keep up with his sister, Hop mimicking Alira as he held on tightly.

The two humans then looked up and saw a troubling sight that made their stomachs drop. The skies above all the stadiums they could see from here were dark, black clouds sparking with dynamax energy.

“...Shit, we need to go to Motostoke first now! It’s got the closest Stadium!” Alira shouted, Zacian nodding as she altered course to head for the city in question.

Hell, the cult sure didn’t wait at all did they?

“So, Rose, if I’m understanding this right, you are saying there’s some sort of cult who worship Eternatus,” Leon began, trying to wrap his head around all of what Rose just told him. “And in return for them helping you advance things for your power company, you had to collect wishing stars and then use them to hatch Eternatus?”

“Yes, indeed. They said Eternatus would be easy to control, easy to harvest the energy from.” Rose’s shoulders slumped. “But I was a gullible fool and they played me like a fiddle, it’s only thanks to not only you but Alira that it was properly handled. I only am aware of their current plans because, well, they visited me when I was first put in this cell from the jail in Wydon a week ago, by their orders. They told me what they planned to do, and if I were to aid them again they’d bail me out of here.”

“I’m guessing you didn’t take it?” Yunala tilted her head, almost inquisitively but there was an odd gleam to her eyes now.

“Of course not, I was not going to do the fool me once fool me twice crap.” He nodded. “I’ve immeasurably hurt many galarians, Leon included, and I plan to atone for that.” He then shrugged. “Regardless of how severe or long my sentence might be, I will serve it.”

Suddenly, the ground began to rumble, making Yunala nearly lose her footing if Leon didn’t catch her, the three looking around in panic before Rose cursed.

“Hell, it’s started.” Rose then looked to Leon and Yunala. “They didn’t say it was this soon.” He cringed. “Leon, you need to get to the stadium, from what they told me they’re going to try to sow panic and chaos by using dynamax energy, it’ll start in the stadiums but they said they had something more planned for after that started they didn’t tell me.”

Leon nodded, quick to turn around and begin to run down the hall with Yunala at his side, a hand around her shoulder in case she fell over again, only stopping when Rose called out.

“And Leon!” Leon peered over his shoulder back at Rose who had a regretful expression on his expression. “For what it’s worth, I truly am sorry for everything.”

Leon held his gaze for a moment before nodding and turning back to run out of the police station.

Yunala soon began to run ahead of Leon, grabbing his hand and pulling him along, leading the way to the stadium without delay.

Yunala pushed through the crowd of people rushing out of the stadium shrieking in fear, even running past Kabu who was helping everyone get out and away from the chaos as Yunala easily weaved in and around the fleeing people to reach the stadium pitch.

The air in the stadium felt energized as the two ran out onto the pitch, seeing a dynamaxed Ninetails seeming to have problems controlling itself or any of it’s dynamax power.

“Oh god- Noire!” Yunala called out, returning Suvi to her ball and motioning for Noire to move to the front. “We need to knock it out!”

“Intel!” Leon threw Inteleon’s pokeball and the pokemon popped out of it without much delay, looking visibly startled at the sight that greeted him but readied himself nonetheless.

“Hyper beam!” Yunala shouted, and Noire nodded before letting the energy build in her maw.

“Intel, use Snipe Shot!” Inteleon tilted his head slightly, showing he heard Leon’s command and was quick to take aim before firing as Noire let the hyper beam fire.

The moves hit the ninetails, though Leon and Yunala about jumped out of their skin when a storm of leaves suddenly flew up and attacked the ninetails.

A serperior slithered into view, taking up the space to the right of Inteleon as it’s trainer ran up from the entrance to join the two. A young girl, long brown hair with a streak of white in twin braids, and blueish purple eyes framed by dark purple glasses, her cream sweater top hid her neck from view and her black skirt covered up the top of her white boots.

She had several pokeballs on the belt she had over her skirt, and her eyes were narrowed in determination as she booked it across the pitch to them.

“Who-” Yunala began to ask before shaking her head. “Never mind, it doesn’t matter, just help us with this!”

The girl nodded to Yunala before quickly turning to face her pokemon, the shift revealing the singular white pokeball with a hospital cross on it in the middle of the pokeballs on her belt. She threw her arm forward and her serperior let out a shrill cry as if in response to a silent command as the serperior herself glowed.

The ninetails flinched as it’s energy was drained, Mega Drain Yunala vaguely recognized being the move that the serperior used.

The ninetails then let a max flare attack fire, aimed at the serperior who braced herself as the fire attack soon engulfed the pokemon and hid it from sight for a moment. The attack clearly hit and the serperior was momentarily stunned, but shook it off despite the damage.

That had Yunala gaping openly at the pokemon, she knew for a fact grass types were very weak to fire, and yet it seemed like it didn’t hardly bother the serperior.

The girl’s shoulders hitched in silent giggles at Yunala’s expression, grinning slightly before looking back to her pokemon.

“Intel, use Dark Pulse!” Leon shouted, Inteleon using the move in question quickly.

There were sudden howls that filled the air, and a shrill squawk rang out before what looked like a steel wing attack flew through the air and hit the ninetails.

Two large dog figures landed on the pitch with a rumble, a human figure on each of their backs as a Corviknight hovered above them.

Those figures being those of the champion and her best friend.

“HOP!” Leon yelled, making Hop twist around on Zamazenta’s back, spotting his older brother and making him grin.

“Hey Lee!” He waved to his brother as he slid off Zamazenta’s back while Alira hopped off Zacian’s back. The legendary dogs followed the two humans as Alira and Hop ran over to Leon, Yunala and the mystery girl.

Leon was very quick to yank Alira and Hop into a very tight hug, only pulling back to exclaim. “Where the hell have you two been!?”

“On the other side of the Weald, at the castle of the two heroes, seeing things that happened.” Alira shrugged and Hop quickly continued. “Long story, no time to explain!”

Sir Leon.” Zacian greeted Leon, bowing her head slightly in greeting as did Zamazenta. “Would it be presumptuous of us to say you likely need our aid?

“Definitely not, we need all the help we can get!” Leon gave her a smile before letting go of Hop and Alira.

“Alright, let’s get this mess sorted out, cause the other stadiums are in danger too!” Alira nodded before pulling Nova’s ball from her belt and throwing it.

Nova popped out with a cry, squaring her stance as she saw the situation and nodded to Alira before all the trainers shouted out commands.

“Nova, use pyro ball!”

“Cor use steel wing!”

“Noire dragon pulse!”

“Intel, Snipe Shot one more time!”

“...!”

The three pokemons attacks, along with the serperior’s frenzy plant attack flew and hit the ninetails, Zacian being quick to use wild charge and Zamazenta used crunch as well, and the ninetails let out a cry before beginning to collapse, shrinking rapidly back down to it’s original size as it fainted.

Alira let out a sigh of relief. “Well, that was easy.”

Hop snorted. “Well, when we’ve got so many pokemon attacking, as well as Zacian and Zamazenta…” He trailed off, gesturing with his hands to Alira and she let out a small bark of laughter.

The mystery girl silently giggled before grabbing a ball from her waist, the white one and letting the pokemon inside out. It was a Meowstic wearing a support pokemon vest with the letters spelling out on one side. Muteness support pokemon of Lumi Shylie.

“So, your name is Lumi?” Leon asked after reading the words as she picked the pokemon up.

[Yes.] A mental voice replied, Leon about jumping out of his skin at the sudden female voice echoing in his head before he noticed the meowstic’s ears had flipped up and his eyes were glowing. [I can’t talk like you can, so David here,] She scratched the top of the pokemon’s head gently. [Helps me.]

“Well, either way, thank you for the assist in taking that pokemon down!” Hop grinned at her, making her giggle.

[It was me and Visi’s pleasure to be of assistance.] She gave a small curtsy as her serperior, Visi, slithered over to her side with a hum.

“Now, where have you two been?” Leon steered the topic back to Alira and Hop, and the two had the decency to look sheepish as they proceeded to dig through their respective bags.

“Following the call of these things.” Alira said as she pulled Heavensward out of her backpack as Hop did with Kinsgrir.

Suddenly, clapping resounded, making the group jump and spin to see two men with weird hair walking up from the other side of the pitch.

“As expected of the Champion and her friend. It seems that you have broken the lock and rescued this stadium from it’s peril.” The man with the weird shield-styled hair said as the one with the sword styled hair added. “Indeed.”

“Who the hell are you?” Alira snapped, not liking the aura coming off them.

“I am Sordward!” The one with sword hair said, the one with shield hair then adding. “I am Shielbert!”

...Alira was pretty sure her expression couldn’t have become any more flat than it became at that point in time. “Woow, I couldn’t tell that from your horrid choice in hair styles.” She deadpanned, the two not noticing her sarcasm.

“We are the new kings of Galar! We’re descendants of the first kings!” Shielbert declared. “More than that, we’re celebrities!”

Now Hop was giving them a flat look. “New kings? Descendants? Seriously, what are you on about?”

“You’re not descended from Heather nor Acaeus.” Alira surprised herself with the snarl that escaped her, as well as the utter disgust that was in her tone. “Acaeus died long before he and Heather could ever have children!”

“Are you the ones responsible for this mess?” Leon decided to ask the question on everyone’s mind, and was surprised to see them both nod with snobbish grins. “Why?”

“We did it in order to expose the true nature of Zacian and Zamazenta!” Sordward stated, making everyone give them a look, and the two pokemon in question looked shocked.

“...The fuck are you on?” Yunala said flatly as she crossed her arms.

“Yeah, me and Hop have seen first hand they saved all of Galar with Heather and Acaeus!” Alira shouted, hands balled into fists.

“Pah! What a fool!” Shielbert snorted. “We have always been revered as the resplendent descendants of the real hero… It’s all because you ruffians had to go and save Galar from Eternatus, and that professor woman we took our wishing stars from went and wrote a whole book about it all!”

“You did what?!” Hop exclaimed, only to be dismissed by a handwave from Sordward.

“Details details, it’s not important to this.” He dismissed Hop. “You all said that the real heroes were those Pokémon! You just carelessly changed history!”

“We did no such thing!” Alira shouted. “We only clarified what was forgotten due to the effects of time!”

We have done nothing but help protect and guard Galar from those who would harm it! We did so when Heather and Acaeus lived and we have always done so!” Zacian yelled, finally finding her voice and she sounded downright furious.

“You say those names as if they are anything important.” Shielbert scoffed. “What does that mean we are? You dare say that our esteemed ancestors were liars?”

“....How. Dare. You.” Alira’s voice was filled with utter hatred, and Zacian began to growl lowly as did Zamazenta.

The two seemed oblivious to the anger radiating off the two teens and wolf pokemon as Sordward continued. “It’s obvious that the old history was better! It was right! To suddenly start creating heroes left and right... It’s complete rubbish!”

“We didn’t create anything!” Hop yelled, hands balled into fists as he stomped a foot forward.

We have been protecting this land for centuries!” Zamazenta shouted, his voice full of absolute anger. “How dare you say we have not!? And How dare you deliberately forget all that Acaeus and Heather sacrificed so Galar could survive?!

Heather and Acaeus gave their LIVES for Galar and everyone they cared about!” Zacian’s eyes narrowed as she yelled. “Your so called history completely writes out and tosses away their sacrifices, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!

“Well then! If we are at an impasse, perhaps we should test which truth is the most truthy.” Shielbert scoffed as he brought out some sort of device with an antenna. “If things are really as you say, then even if we bombard you both with Galar particles, you should remain calm and stalwart!”

The pokemon had almost no time to react as he pointed the device at them, much less move out of the way as he pressed the button for it to fire a red beam at them.

Who did have time to react however, were Alira and Hop, who ran over to the pokemon, Alira trying to shield Zacian and Hop shield Zamazenta as the sword and shield the two had glowed brilliantly.

Right as the beam was about to hit the four, they were enveloped in two balls of light, one glowing pale blue and the other pale red as they were lifted off the ground, backpacks and belts holding pokeballs falling to the ground as if they fell off the humans.

The air became energized, flaring with powerful energy as the energy radiating off the balls shook the ground. The two twins backed up, alarmed at what was going on before quickly releasing a pokemon from one of their pokeballs, a nidoqueen, before using the same device on it to dynamax it and fleeing the stadium.

Leon would have given chase, if not for the air suddenly becoming very still, tense, before something from inside the blue ball slashed through it, making it burst into flecks of light.

That something was a sword, and the wielder…. Regal white armor with blue and gold accents donned the female figure, easily being ten feet tall. Her boots looked like they were designed to look like paws, gauntlets being much the same in terms of design. From the blue armor around her waist what looked to be some sort of fur cape extended down, and a pink tail swished under that as she hovered in the air.

Her hair was extremely short in the back, blue in color, and she had long pink side bangs that whipped around in the air, braided near the roots. Wolf ears stuck up from behind the pointed curved sides of her visor, and her bright yellow eyes had black markings around them, almost blending into the shadow of her visor.

She had her gaze narrowed as she looked around, only stopping her scanning the surroundings when the other orb of light broke as something spun out of and around it.

The shield was soon caught by its wielder, the man stretching out of the curled up position he had been in with his wolf ears twitching from where they stuck out of the holes in his helmet. He wore armor like hers, only it was with dark blue and red accents and his cape, dark blue, started from his shoulders.

A tail sticking out of his armor near the waist almost blended in with the cape due to it’s shade of blue, his hair, pulled into a ponytail by a red band, was the same shade of blue as well and his eyes were bright yellow as well.

What could be seen of his skin was a patchy mix of beige and dark tan, and he lifted a hand to slightly adjust his helmet as he and her landed on the ground, his eyes quickly noticing the dynamaxed nidoqueen.

Hop and Alira, as well as the two legendary dogs were nowhere to be seen.

The woman quickly drew her sword, rapping her knuckles on it briefly which caused it to begin to glow before she surged forward, slashing her sword towards the dynamaxed pokemon, sending a wave of energy that hit its mark.

Zen!” She shouted as she retreated, an attack from the Nidoqueen hot on her heels as her voice, an odd amalgamation of two or three voices that was hard to ignore, rang out. One voice sounded familiar to Leon.

On it Zacia!” The man yelled back, his voice another amalgamation of three voices, but Leon could easily catch what sounded to be the voice belonging to his brother mixed in with it. He leaped to bring his shield up, easily blocking the attack with little problems somehow. The man coughed then, clearing his voice twice before saying in now what seemed like just one voice. “Wow, didn’t expect our voices to sound like that.”

“Considering how long it’s been for all of us since this has happened, it’s not a surprise.” The woman shrugged after coughing to clear her voice, voice no longer a mishmash of three voices.

….Just what on earth just happened?

Celeste scrambled to her feet, Raihan and the woman along with her daughter doing so as well as they stared up in horror at the dynamaxed lurantis who couldn’t seem to control herself.

“….Piper!” The woman took one of the pokeballs off her belt and threw it, the litten popping out of the ball. “I don’t know anything about dynamaxing but I’m roughly assuming Lura will go back to normal if she’s knocked out, right?”

“Yeah, we just need to knock her out!” Raihan nodded, taking a pokeball from his belt and throwing it, his Turtonator popping right out. “I’m safe in presuming she’s just a pure grass type?”

“Yep!” The woman looked to Celeste as she stepped up, hand up with a pokeball in hand as the woman said, tone unsure. “I’m Megan, you’re…?”

“Celeste, resident researcher of Galar, roughly speaking.” Celeste nodded, throwing her ball and her raichu Caspian popping out of it, brown fur glinting in the light.

“Dang.” Megan whispered in shock, staring at Caspain before shaking her head and saying in a regretful tone. “Alright, Lura I’m really sorry about this! Piper, Fire Pledge!”

The litten only hesitated briefly, letting out a regretful mew towards the lurantis before doing as her trainer commanded, arching her back as she called for fire to build up and flare up from under Lura.

The pokemon let out a shrill and echoing cry as the attack hit, but didn’t seem to hold it against either her trainer or teammate from what could be seen from this angle.

“Raihan, don’t use sunny day if you can, Lura has Solar Blade and sunny day that I tend to use for it!” Megan warned as Raihan prepared to tell Turtonator to act.

“Right!” He nodded, then called out. “Use fire blast!” The pokemon did as he commanded and the attack hit.

Celeste was about to order Caspian to use Thunderbolt, but hesitated when she saw the little girl clinging to Megan’s leg. “What about her? She’s not safe here.”

Megan frowned, looking to the girl. “I… Raihan, Celeste, would it be safe to let another of my pokemon out to get her off the pitch?”

“No.” Celeste answered immediately. “We’re already at risk of one of ours dynamaxing without our assistance thanks to the sheer amount of dynamax particles in the air, any more pokemon would be at risk as well.”

“Hel-heck.” Megan almost swore but stopped herself in time, shaking her head and placing a hand on the girl’s head. “Okay, stay right there Diancye, we’ll get this sorted soon.”

The girl, Diancye nodded and hid her face against her mother’s thigh. Now Celeste was able to tell Caspian to act. “Thunderbolt now!”

Caspian trilled in confirmation, rubbing his cheeks rapidly to generate electricity before charging and releasing the built up lighting directly at Lura. It was a direct hit as well.

Lura seemed to tremble before letting out a cry, claw coming up and slashing down at Turtonator. The attack hit hard, making a sharp shockwave of air ripple that blew past the humans (though Celeste choked back the urge to retch at the dynamax energy in it) and Turtonator was stunned for a few moments, making Raihan cringe. Yeah, Lura was definitely a champion’s pokemon, even if not the most conventional of choices for a team.

The battle continued much like that, with the pokemon doing their best to wear the pokemon down as best they could while taking the hits Lura couldn’t stop from doing.

At some point, a familiar voice from the entrance shouted from the entrance. “Just what in the fresh hell is going on here?!”

Celeste looked over, seeing the absolutely confused and worried features of Piers standing there, gaping up at Lura.

“She dynamaxed uncontrollably! We’re trying to wear her down!” Raihan yelled, Piers looking to him and nodding, before noticing the figure of Diancye. His eyes sharpened into a glare and he was quick to bolt across the field.

“She’s not safe there!” He yelled out, skidding to a stop by Megan. “She needs to get off the pitch or she could get hurt!”

Megan frowned, looking rapidly between Diancye and Piers before asking. “Can you get her off the pitch safely?”

“Yes, give her here and I swear I will get her off the pitch.” Piers swore, assuring her as he knelt down and offered a hand to the small girl. “C’mon, lets get you off the pitch so you’re not in danger and so your mom doesn’t worry.”

The little girl frowned, looking between her mom and Piers before going. “...Lu, lucari, ri ri, caio, gren?”

“Yes, it’s alright dear.” Megan assured her, motioning her to take Piers’ hand which the girl did after a moment.

Piers nodded, giving the young girl a reassuring smile before quickly beginning to lead her back the way he came.

As they ran across the pitch, the ground shook as Lura let out a echoing, almost deafening cry as she raised her claws up, leaves sharp as a blade flying up before flying at the pokemon-

As well as Piers and Diancye.

Megan screamed, a harsh and almost completely inhuman sound of fear as the leaves obscure the former dark type gym leader and her daughter from sight.

However, despite what all of them were thinking, when the leaves blew away, Piers was standing, arms and hands outstretched in front of him as he formed a barrier between the leaves and Diancye.

With a protect shield between him and the leaves as well, but there was no pokemon making it. It seemed to be made by-

As soon as the razor leaf was gone, the shield dropped as he slumped and he fell to his knees with a gasp, trying desperately to catch his breath. Once he did, he coughed harshly and said. “That’s not going to work again.” He shook his head before quickly getting to his feet, scooping Diancye up in his arms and booking it for the entrance to the pitch as fast as his legs could carry him.

Megan must have looked extremely shocked, as Raihan let out a small chuckle and said quickly. “Alola is not the only one to have a hybrid who made it through the region’s trainer challenge!”

“I-uh, yes.” Megan stammered, shaking her head when Piper called out to her for orders. “Yes I know Pi, use hidden power!”

The litten let out a “Raowr!” And did as her trainer asked, even as Raihan looked at her in amusement. “You do know that Hidden Power is banned in the league challenge here?”

Megan raised an eyebrow and fired back without delay. “Does this face look like I care?”

Raihan snorted and Celeste giggled, quiping. “She has a point.”

Raihan rolled his eyes goodnaturedly and called out. “Turtonator, flamethrower!”

(A/N: I really really apologize for how long this chapter has taken! A combination of life, ADHD being a prick and getting into way too many fandoms to list dragged my attention away from there ^^;;;; Still dragged away ngl, but goddarn it I'm going to finish the first act at least if nothing else! To make up for, the way too long wait for this I'm splitting this chapter into two parts, next part hardly has any lines or anything, but this is at least something while I wrestle my brain away from FNF, FFXIV and everything else my brain is wanting to focus on to finish this story. ;w; Grammar mistakes are likely everywhere cause I need to reinstall Grammarly and this was largely written months ago, so I apologize for that as well!)

Top Bottom