• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Marowak Dojo ~ Living Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot looked at Owen in confusion, then at Necrozma, and then back at Owen.

"I'm... not sure I understand," he murmured. "How can a bunch of Pokémon just be born from an explosion?"

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"What does it matter? It's not your world, so the same rules don't apply," Necrozma growled. "Cranidos still exist in your world, yet on my home planet, they were wiped out millennia ago alongside several other species."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Oh, they're not candy," Cabot said, not noticing the way Starr and Astrid were looking at each other. "I know they may look a little colorful, but they're not unhealthy or anything and have the same amount of nutrients any good meal would."
Starr blinked. "Huh, so basically like an MRE?" Weird. Well, she'd try almost anything once. And from the sound of things, she'd most likely have to get used to it. "Welp, not as if humans don't mostly just eat processed junk. Here goes nothing." She nudged a particularly bright purple one away from the pile and leaned forward to take a bite.

It was... mostly just kind of okay. Kind of had that 'nutrient brick' taste, but with weird sweet notes that came in out of nowhere. Not the worst thing in the world, but not something you'd eat unless you had to.

"Yeah, that's about what I expected," Starr said after swallowing. "The sweet aftertaste is kinda weird though. Could've gone for something spicier, myself."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Spicier?" Owen asked, perking up. "Maybe we should go out together and find Tamato Berries to eat! I bet that'll satisfy your, uh, spicy tooth."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"What does it matter? It's not your world, so the same rules don't apply," Necrozma growled. "Cranidos still exist in your world, yet on my home planet, they were wiped out millennia ago alongside several other species."

Necrozma's sudden change in attitude caught Cabot off guard. Most Pokémon back home would consider it blasphemy if some stranger went up to them out of the blue to tell them that Arceus was made up, yet here Necrozma was the one getting mad at him for merely asking questions about his story. The Cranidos frowned a moment and spoke up defensively.

"Well, if it doesn't matter, then why did you butt in to say that Arceus doesn't exist? Nobody asked you to listen in on what we were saying," he huffed. "And you already told me that Cranidos are extinct in your world, so you don't need to keep bringing that up."

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"It seems that knowledge of things like Arceus and related concepts is important to functioning in this world. That's why I butted in." Necrozma figured the bit Cabot managed had to do with that truth or dare thing people kept insisting he went to, so he chose to ignore it. "The problem is you were asking me an impossible question. Nobody knows how life formed from explosive collisions of energy... only that it happened. You could say the same thing of gods, could you not? How can a pokémon create an entire world from nothing?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"But if you know how important Arceus is to this world, then why would you say that we made him up?" Cabot asked. "And Arceus just has those powers, just like how some Pokémon can breathe fire while others can move stuff with their mind. If you'd ever visit my world you could clearly see it."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
Wow, this food was really interesting. How interesting this food was. Interesting stuff, interesting stuff…

At least, that’s how Astrid seemed to be staring into it as she ate, lest she direct her focus elsewhere and find herself tangled up in the intelligent design discussion. How had that topic come up again? She couldn’t remember, but with the black spaceship doing most of the talking, it wasn’t hard to imagine.

She chanced a cursory look around, catching a patch of red and black in her periphery and stopping there. If nothing else, she could try chatting with… aaaactually, nevermind.

Celeste, meanwhile, had mentioned the beach, but Astrid had already been there. And this gummi tasted too good to just leave sitting here. So, that left…

“Oh, hi,” Astrid blurted at the Golett sitting horizontally from her across the table. “I’m Astrid! What’s your name?”

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Ashwood sat quietly, listening to all the religion talk. In their own world, Ashwood and religion... didn't really get along. But it was interesting to listen to all these Pokemon talk about it.

They wondered, according to the lore of the Pokemon games in Ashwood's universe, Arceus was the creator of the world and Pokemon and all that. So, like, this world definitely had a god, assuming the lore was the same. But Ashwood's own world probably didn't, at least in their opinion. So... that meant if you hopped universes, potentially your gods could change. You could go from being an atheist to a polytheist to potentially a monotheist, Ashwood supposed, if you found the right world.

Was there a world like Ashwood's -- Planet Earth, no Pokemon -- where there were gods or a god? What would that even mean? Like, the Christians and other people considered their God all-powerful, but evidently not, since you could just go somewhere else, as had been demonstrated to Ashwood this fine day. Could Ashwood, like, hop to another version of their world that was the same, except one of the religions were right? Would they notice? Would all aspects of that religion be right, like if Ashwood died they would go right off to --

Uh, this was getting deep. Ashwood shook their head. Um, distraction. They looked anxiously around the room. A distraction would be good right now.

“I’m Astrid! What’s your name?”

Just in time.

"Oh, hey," they said, turning to Astrid. She was a white Vulpix, and had been before getting poofed here, they were pretty sure. "I'm Ashwood. Nice to meet ya. So, um, what's up with you?" They gave a nervous chuckle. "Been a heck of a day, hasn't it?"

Last edited:

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"Oh, hey," they said, turning to Astrid. She was a white Vulpix, and had been before getting poofed here, they were pretty sure. "I'm Ashwood. Nice to meet ya. So, um, what's up with you?" They gave a nervous chuckle. "Been a heck of a day, hasn't it?"

“Yep!” she said a little too loudly, shrinking back when she realized as much. “Ehm, y-yeah. Between the twists, conspiracies, meeting dozens of new people, giant Magikarp, and um, robberies, it’s been really—”

She twirled the fluff on her head with an idle paw. It hadn’t occurred to her how badly she needed to just sit back and take a breath—a long, drawn out sigh—until Ashwood had pointed out just how crazy their day had been.

“I don’t know. This whole ‘spontaneous hero’ thing is really throwing me for a loop, I guess.”

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
“I don’t know. This whole ‘spontaneous hero’ thing is really throwing me for a loop, I guess.”

"Yeah, I can get that. Like, if you told the me from a week ago, 'Hey, Ashwood, you're gonna get isekai'd into a Pokemon world," I would have been like, 'Sure, cool bro, can I have whatever you're smoking?' You know? But now --" They raised their arms, gesturing to everyone and everything around them. "I'm here. Actually here in a Pokemon world, in a Pokemon body. You were already a Pokemon, so I guess you're doing a bit better in that regard. But I think most of me still doesn't think this is actually real.

"And, like, aren't you also excited? This world needs help, and we're the ones who can help it. This day has definitely been a lot, but also amazing. We may be spontaneous heroes, but still heroes." Their eyes shone. "Gotta say I'm into that."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"But if you know how important Arceus is to this world, then why would you say that we made him up?" Cabot asked.
"It was more the 'dialga' thing that threw me off. Another term that doesn't exist where I'm from." Necrozma shook his head. "And if your universe is allowed to have pokémon that can reshape reality with the wave of a limb... then my universe is allowed to have life that rose up from natural phenomenon."

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
"Yeah, I can get that. Like, if you told the me from a week ago, 'Hey, Ashwood, you're gonna get isekai'd into a Pokemon world," I would have been like, 'Sure, cool bro, can I have whatever you're smoking?' You know? But now --" They raised their arms, gesturing to everyone and everything around them. "I'm here. Actually here in a Pokemon world, in a Pokemon body. You were already a Pokemon, so I guess you're doing a bit better in that regard. But I think most of me still doesn't think this is actually real.

"And, like, aren't you also excited? This world needs help, and we're the ones who can help it. This day has definitely been a lot, but also amazing. We may be spontaneous heroes, but still heroes." Their eyes shone. "Gotta say I'm into that."

Ears perking up, Astrid smiled back—a smile that extended to her eyes as well. “Yeah! I guess I am a little bit excited. I wish we’d been told more about our circumstances, but so far it looks like there’s real danger that only we can handle. Makes me feel… empowered!”

(After this, plot scene moved Astrid to the Main Square.)

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"It was more the 'dialga' thing that threw me off. Another term that doesn't exist where I'm from." Necrozma shook his head. "And if your universe is allowed to have pokémon that can reshape reality with the wave of a limb... then my universe is allowed to have life that rose up from natural phenomenon."

"I mean I never said it wasn't possible, just that I don't understand how," Cabot murmured.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump

After a moment’s musing on the matter, Celeste spoke back up.

“You had a spirit to send here. You must, then, have a Ho-oh... Oh, and a Yveltal and Xerneas, too.”

The idea of life existing without a Ho-oh was bizarre to him. It had become clear that worlds worked in different ways, but the thought that life could exist without his patron deity felt like a step too far into... surrealism.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, unfortunately, I can't help you understand. Because I don't understand it either." Necrozma looked at his right hand. "It's the eternal mystery of my universe."

“You had a spirit to send here. You must, then, have a Ho-oh... Oh, and a Yveltal and Xerneas, too.”
Necrozma's brain prism darkened. "There are... a few species that could commune with the dead in my universe. But they were mostly ghost-types... or the occasional ninetales."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Ears perking up, Astrid smiled back—a smile that extended to her eyes as well. “Yeah! I guess I am a little bit excited. I wish we’d been told more about our circumstances, but so far it looks like there’s real danger that only we can handle. Makes me feel… empowered!”

"I know, right! I heard you talking a bit with Cabot, so I know you're like a super cool explorer. But in my world, I'm just a person. Well, a kid I guess -- I'm still in school technically." They held up their hands and looked at them, flexing their fingers. "To be taken to a place like this, and put into a form where I can actually help... God, I'm so lucky."

They laughed and put their arms down. "And I dunno -- you're not as boring as me, but maybe this whole thing will give you experience or something that will help you with your thing. Maps, right?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Owen listened on the debate with conflicted feelings. So many conflicted feelings and no memories to attach them. Part of him had felt that Necrozma would have been right--of course, this whole concept of reality-shaping gods was... silly. And yet some part of him treated them as a fact, at least back in his world. How was that possible? To be something he didn't believe, yet also acknowledged as real?

Owen rubbed his forehead, groaning. He felt like he was wading through a swamp that went up to his chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom