• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Hunger Switch Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"..."

Coleane didn't respond, only looking down dejectedly at the ground.

There had to have been good intentions, right? Right? Bad humans didn't exist, right?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...ok. See you," Coleane said, before beginning to trot out of the cafe, wings dragging across the ground.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Chicken nuggets were another Unovan delciacy Gen never had, and...they didn't really live up to the hype. They tasted bland, empty. Where was the spice, the flavor?

"Um...I h-have. They're...from Hoenn, r-right?" Gen said. That...was about the extent of his knowledge on Manaphy.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Um...n-not really," Gen said, gripping onto his reunion cape. "Um...o-other Oshawotts, I guess? B-Beck, Kaijumaru, George, Ramirez, Opal, Prince...though the latter two are Dewott-Wartortle h-hybrids..."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Uh, s-sure!" Gen said, his tail beginning to wag a bit. "Th-that sounds nice!"

He nibbled on his last chicken nugget. Yeah, these would be so much better with some spices. Or at least some sauce.

Day 3: Too many people go Manaphy hunting [Gladion + others]

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Conversation With: Two Contacts

Either of you free? If we want to find a mythical species, I think I caught a glimpse of a Manaphy in the cove. Meet me at the cafe if interested. Only got two contacts other than you two here so please feel free to let other people you consider trustworthy know.

Conversation With: Hazel (Not that one)

Hey, any luck with the caverns? Going looking for mythical species in a bit, think I might’ve spotted a Manaphy? If you’re interested I’ll be at the cafe. I’ve only got, like, three other contacts here so if you’ve got others who’re worth trusting, feel free to let them know.

Conversation With: Wallace

Hey you’re interested in Manaphy, right? I think there was a sighting in the cove we last chatted in. Meet me in the cafe if you’re free, bring anyone else you think is trustworthy if you want.

Admittedly, Gladion wasn’t 100% sure what the point of finding a mythical species here, but it had been a common goal and he felt obligated to follow up on his sighting.

If this Manaphy was more like Wallace’s than like the sort he was familiar with, it wasn’t too hard to imagine the possible benefits. Or, it was still kinda hard to imagine but he’d take Wallace’s word for it…

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Either of you free? If we want to find a mythical species, I think I caught a glimpse of a Manaphy in the cove. Meet me at the cafe if interested. Only got two contacts other than you two here so please feel free to let other people you consider trustworthy know.
Odette Neutral.PNG
Well, that was convenient. Odette had simply been planning to go on a solo hunt for Celebi or Jirachi or Meloetta, but if Gladion had already seen something, who was she to pass that up?

That's exactly what I was planning to do today. I'll be there in five. [[ @Shiny Phantump ]]
Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̸S̴o̵o̸o̷o̴o̸o̶o̸o̴o̵o̶o̴o̸o̴o̸o̶o̵.̷.̸.̷w̴e̸'̶r̶e̵ ̵n̷o̴t̶ ̸l̷o̸o̴k̶i̶n̶g̷ ̴f̴o̶r̸ ̴J̸i̴r̸a̶c̷h̸i̵ ̸t̴o̷d̷a̴y̶?̷"̸

Enora Deadpan.PNG
"Did you not read the text? Gladion already spotted Manaphy so why would we go try to find Jirachi?"

Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̸B̷e̴c̸a̶u̶s̸e̶ ̵I̴ ̶w̴a̶n̴t̷e̴d̵ ̵t̶o̵ ̶h̶e̶c̵k̷l̶e̸ ̵J̷I̴R̴A̷C̷H̸I̶,̵ ̷n̴o̶t̶ ̶f̷u̵c̷k̴i̷n̴g̷ ̷M̵A̸N̷A̶P̴H̷Y̷.̷"̵

Odette Deadpan.PNG
Odette was far too tired for this whining. She knew it was inevitable, more or less, but Odile could stand to wait a fucking hour or so.

"Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. We have plenty of time to go find the rest of them."

--

Upon walking into Hunger Swap, Odette was able to pick Gladion out of the crowd. Even though he wasn't exactly her Gladion, it was still frightfully easy.

"Hey there," she said as she approached him. "Sorry for rushing over. I was already headed out to do some mythic hunting anyway, so your text came just in time. Good shit spotting Manaphy," she complimented. "Not sure what we'll glean if we're able to track it down again, but maybe it knows a little more about this godsforsaken island than we do."
Odile Neutral Frown.PNG
"̶A̷n̸d̶ ̸m̷a̷y̴b̸e̷ ̵I̶ ̶c̷a̶n̸ ̶a̶s̶k̸ ̸w̷h̶e̶r̷e̸ ̵J̴i̶r̶a̴c̶h̶i̶ ̸i̴s̵ ̵s̷l̸e̸e̵p̷i̶n̷g̶ ̸s̶o̶ ̸I̶ ̷c̵a̸n̵ ̸g̴o̶ ̶p̷o̴u̶r̶ ̵w̷a̸t̸e̸r̴ ̷o̷n̷ ̶h̴i̴m̴.̴"̸

Enora Deadpan.PNG
"What other mythics do you have problems with?"

Odile Smug.PNG
"̷T̸h̶a̸t̷'̵s̴ ̴n̷o̶n̵e̷ ̷o̸f̴ ̶y̵o̷u̶r̷ ̴g̷o̵d̷d̷a̵m̷n̷ ̴b̵u̶s̵i̵n̴e̴s̸s̸,̸ ̷n̵o̷w̸ ̴i̶s̸ ̵i̵t̷?̴"̷

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion saw two people walk into the cafe. Odette, and… also Odette again but more vampiric-looking this time. He leaned back in surprise.

“Hey, Odette. Nice to see you, but…” He glanced towards Odile and back at her. “Who’s this? You got a goth identical twin or what?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Hey, Odette. Nice to see you, but…” He glanced towards Odile and back at her. “Who’s this? You got a goth identical twin or what?”
Odette Neutral.PNG
She blinked a few times before stopping in her stride to eye Odile. "Oh. My bad. No, this is my Pokemon from--"
Odile Bat.PNG
As Odette spoke, Odile spun around once, immediately morphing back into her tiny bat form. "̷S̴u̵r̶p̵r̷i̸s̵e̵!̶"̸ she yelled as she gleefully flapped her wings. "̵'̶G̶o̷t̷h̷ ̴i̸d̴e̷n̶t̵i̷c̶a̶l̷ ̴t̴w̴i̶n̴'̵ ̵i̴s̷ ̴a̶ ̴h̸u̴g̵e̴ ̴c̵o̶m̷p̸l̶i̶m̶e̸n̵t̷ ̴t̴h̶a̷t̸ ̵I̷ ̷w̴i̸l̷l̷ ̶e̵g̷o̸t̶i̷s̵t̴i̵c̴a̷l̸l̶y̷ ̷a̸c̴c̷e̷p̷t̴,̶ ̴s̸o̶ ̵t̵h̷a̵n̶k̷ ̸y̵o̵u̴.̴"̴

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Gladion sighed. “Y-You’re welcome? I think you just set a new record for the weirdest thing I’ve dealt with in the past few days. I’m impressed you managed to beat the previous record holder, who was…”

He mimed getting out a piece of paper to check the contents. “Oh! Also you two. Congratulations, you’ve outdone yourselves.”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Oh! Also you two. Congratulations, you’ve outdone yourselves.”
Odile Bat.PNG
"̴Y̶O̶,̷ ̶O̷D̴E̷T̵T̶E̸,̸ ̷E̷N̷O̵R̵A̷.̷ ̷W̶E̸ ̴B̷E̵A̴T̴ ̶O̸U̴R̶ ̵F̶U̴C̴K̵I̷N̶G̵ ̴R̴E̵C̷O̵R̸D̷.̷ ̷W̶H̶A̶T̴ ̴D̶O̸ ̸W̸E̵ ̵W̵I̴N̴?̵"̸
Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
Odette forced a half-hearted laugh as scratched at her cheek. "The esteemed privilege of getting to say we might be the most unnerving trio on the island."
Odile Bat.PNG
"̷.̴.̸.̵w̴h̸y̴ ̶a̸r̴e̶ ̴y̵o̵u̵ ̶s̷a̶y̷i̸n̵g̴ ̸t̴h̶a̴t̶ ̴l̸i̸k̶e̸ ̶i̷t̶'̶s̴ ̸a̷ ̶b̴a̶d̷ ̵t̸h̴i̶n̶g̸?̵ ̶U̶n̸n̶e̴r̷v̷i̷n̷g̶ ̷G̴O̶O̵D̷.̸ ̸E̴x̷c̴e̷p̸t̴,̸ ̵E̴n̷o̴r̷a̴'̵s̷ ̷n̵o̵t̷ ̴u̸n̸n̴e̴r̴v̶i̷n̵g̷,̶ ̵s̵h̸e̸'̷s̴ ̵m̶o̶r̷e̸ ̸l̸i̶k̴e̸ ̵t̴h̵e̸ ̶s̵n̴o̴o̶t̴y̷ ̵o̸f̵f̴i̸c̷e̵ ̷w̴o̵r̷k̴e̵r̸ ̵i̵n̶ ̵a̴ ̷S̶t̸a̷r̶y̸u̸b̴u̶c̵k̴s̸ ̵t̶h̴a̷t̸ ̵c̶o̷n̸d̶e̸s̸c̷e̶n̶d̴s̸ ̷t̵h̵e̸ ̶d̵r̸i̴n̴k̸ ̴m̴a̷k̶e̶r̵s̷ ̵i̶f̶ ̴t̸h̴e̸y̶ ̴d̴o̷n̵'̴t̵ ̷p̴u̶t̷ ̷e̶n̶o̵u̵g̶h̵ ̷c̴o̷c̴o̶n̴u̷t̷ ̴m̵i̴l̸k̷ ̷i̶n̶ ̶h̸e̴r̸ ̸d̵r̵i̵n̵k̸ ̶a̵n̵d̶-̶-̸"̵

Enora Angry Frown.PNG
"I don't even like coconut milk, you heathen."
Odette Deadpan w Sweatdrop.PNG
With a roll of her eyes, Odette glanced back at Gladion. "All in all, sorry to uh...keep throwing loops at you. Is it just us today, or are we meeting up with some others? I only have two other people I'd be willing to trust, but I stupidly never got their numbers."

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
"All in all, sorry to uh...keep throwing loops at you. Is it just us today, or are we meeting up with some others? I only have two other people I'd be willing to trust, but I stupidly never got their numbers."
Gladion shrugged. “Nothing to be done about it. I did send out a few other messages, but you’re the first to answer. Ought to give them a bit to answer, I think. May I ask who the other people are, just in case I run into them?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
May I ask who the other people are, just in case I run into them?”
Odette Neutral.PNG
"That blonde girl with the Espeon partner. Her name was Kimiko. They both seem nice and very much not shady," she replied. "And then the guy with the white-ish hair, Steven. And his Aggron. If I ever couldn't find you or Laura, I'd most likely stick around them."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Wes walked into the cafe and nearly turned right around to walk back out when he saw the growing crowd of people there. Dammit, he just wanted to grab some food and have some space for a moment, but he supposed wanting anything to go his way on this island was a tall order to fill.

Still, he recognized some of the trainers from the boat, and this didn’t seem like a casual get-together. If there was something happening, he wanted to know about it. So, ignoring his natural instinct, he walked over and took a seat near the edge of the gathering, close enough to listen in but far enough away to not…be weirdly intrusive. At least, he hoped as much.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen was with Wallace, huddling against his new uncle.

Day 4 - Steven waits for a very important meeting...

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
The cafe was practically empty at this time of the morning. Steven sat at a table by himself, Aggron hunched warily beside him. His fingers drummed against the tabletop, Hayes’s letter burning a hole in his jacket pocket. He knew he was early; he woke with too much nervous energy to simply remain in his room. He even skipped his usual morning coffee, gods knew he would be even more jittery with the caffeine.

He glanced again at his watch, and then at the cafe’s entrance. Still early, way too early. But Hayes had said it was urgent. There was no way he was going to chance missing him again today.

Aggron rumbled quietly at Steven’s side, a sign for his trainer to stop fidgeting.

hehe whoops.png
“Ah, sorry Aggron,” Steven said. He knew his anxiousness was rubbing off on his partner. His drumming stopped and he rested his hand against Aggron’s side instead. It was calming. Though perhaps not enough, as he began to thumb the rings of his other hand.

The minutes ticked by, and while another trainer or two filtered into the cafe, still no sign of Hayes.

eyes closed pensive.png
“We’re early. It’s early,” Steven muttered to himself. “Just be patient.”

Perhaps it was his imagination, but it sounded like something was happening outside. It was distant, though, or maybe that was just his tunnel vision on this meeting with Hayes. His hand pressed hard into Aggron’s side, eliciting a snort and look from his partner.
grumpy.png
"..."

worried.png
“Sorry,” Steven grated out, clearly distracted. His other hand jammed into his pocket where it tightened around the note, crumpling the paper. He couldn’t leave, even just to check. He had to wait here. It was too important.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
The cafe was even emptier than when they first arrived, with Steven and Aggron being the only ones still there. Steven's tap-tap-tapping on the tabletop felt deafening in the empty space.

He had given in to the urge and grabbed a cup of coffee while they waited. He'd needed something to do with his hands other than fidget... But now, the cup sat empty on the table, and his anxiety was through the roof, so he was back to fidgeting as the worry in his brow creased deeper and deeper.

Aggron has lost count on how many times his trainer had checked his watch. Either way, they'd been there for a while now, and still no sign of Hayes or his shiny Nosepass (who was very hard to miss.)

So when the door to the cafe opened, both of them jumped and turned to see who it might be.

In pranced an espeon and an umbreon, followed by one of the two dark colored trench coat wearing trainers.

Aggron huffed an annoyed noise and turned back around, and Steven slumped a bit in his chair. Not the people they were waiting for.

Steven was almost ready to grab another cup of coffee when the eon trainer's phone beeped. Instead of getting up, Steven leaned forward and cupped his empty mug with both hands, and listened.

Nothing was said, just a text then. But then, the man said something, and Steven stiffened in his chair, knuckles white against his cup.

“There’s been another abduction, guys,” Wes said to the two at his feet. They both tensed and looked up at him, fur bristling and ears pinned back. “At the Cove again. We’re gonna go and see what we can find out.”

Steven froze, and waited. Waited for the man to leave. For the door of the cafe to open and close again. For the room to be empty once more.

He didn't need to check his watch to know Hayes was late. Hayes wasn't going to show, and someone had been taken. Oh gods Hayes wasn't going to show.

Steven swore and bolted from his chair. He was already out the doors and around the corner at a brisk walk before Aggron could follow. He made it two steps beyond the village edge before breaking into a run.

<><><><><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom